+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FM12, Worth the upgrade?

Amateur

Default FM12, Worth the upgrade?

Hey guys, I'v sunk around 250 hours into FM11 and loved it. But I'm unsure if FM12 is worth buying this year or should i skip it?

For people who have it, Do you like it? Is it a good upgrade from 11 to make it worth buying?

Cheers

Reserves

In my opinion, FM12 is the best version ever, whilst it's quite hands on in terms of the depth at the start, once you've got used to it, it's great.

Amateur

buy it!!!!!!! this version is the most polished version I have ever seen so far and I have played since cm02. couple minor complaints mostly with the transfer system being ab it slow but that could be my database size. the new team talks alone are worth it, instantly knowing what affect your team talk is giving is fantastic.

Part-Timer

I think you'd be better off downloading the demo, and having a try for yourself. This thread is just gonna attract people telling you to get it, then just as many telling you not to get it.

Personally thought I would. I feel its been improved upon vastly and like some of the new features, e.g. team meetings and the ability to load leagues at the end of a season.

Amateur

Without a doubt, another step forward.

Amateur

i was skeptical at first especially reading how it easy it is...but i find it totally superb and now cant go back to fm11.

Amateur

Play the demo a few times mate and decide for yourself, personally I think FM12 is near enough the same as FM11 , ME is identical, tactic side is identical, although with 12 you can add/remove leagues which is a great.

Amateur

I think FM 12 is brilliant. The team talks and player instructions do have an effect on my team and for the first time in any version of the game I feel I am in complete control of matters on the field.My mate at work was unsure about buying it as he was still on FM11 and doing well.He bought it a week after me and one day last week he was up at 4am playing it.We have both be playing for years and we say try it.

Amateur

I don't think it's any easier than FM11 to be honest - i'm having very similar amounts of success so far as I did when I first got 11. The version is a lot more polished with a great amount of 'good' depth, and by that I mean stuff that doesn't take away from the quality of the game, it actually adds to it.

Obviously the forums are full of bugs here and there of varying sizes, and annoyances, but probably less so than previous versions.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Soverntear View Post
    buy it!!!!!!! this version is the most polished version I have ever seen so far and I have played since cm02. couple minor complaints mostly with the transfer system being ab it slow but that could be my database size. the new team talks alone are worth it, instantly knowing what affect your team talk is giving is fantastic.
    +1!
    I find that I am attracted less and less to my current save on FM11 in favour of the newer FM12 save that I have been working through as noted above and for all the other reasons listed in this thread.
    As mentioned, it may be worth trying out the demo to familiarize yourself with some of the changes. IMO: They are well worth it!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jdrawmer View Post
    I don't think it's any easier than FM11 to be honest - i'm having very similar amounts of success so far as I did when I first got 11. The version is a lot more polished with a great amount of 'good' depth, and by that I mean stuff that doesn't take away from the quality of the game, it actually adds to it.

Obviously the forums are full of bugshere and there of varying sizes, and annoyances, but probably less so than previous versions.
    Got that right... some folks here are bugs lol

Amateur

Not worth at the moment, wait for a price drop, just to support the franchise . The only meaningful new thing is adding and removing leagues during play.

Amateur
    I can give up this game whenever I like. I just don't want to yet...

FM12 is my only experience so I don't know how much of an upgrade it is, but...

I can't imagine not knowing what affect team talks are having when I give them. How on Earth did it work before???
    Likewise for adding leagues over time. I just loaded up the English Prem (only) on a large database and holidayed almost a full season (took about 10 minutes), then added loads more leagues and took the helm at Liverpool. Again, can't imagine what it was like before.
    As for the rest of it - it's not exactly an expensive game, and considering the amount of detail in it, I would say it's essential. Unless you hate football.

Amateur

For now answer is NO, too many important bugs and ME flaws:
    defenders are complete *******, they just run along with the opposition and only tackle inside the area.
    strikers are also ******* on 1vs1 and missing those changes most of the time.
    every player seems also to be a brick wall, no matter how the ball is passed to them , they will get it always in their foot, as if all of them had 20 on first touch.
    transfers and contracts are also bugged, sometimes AI accepts the offer for a player but then when you try to negociate the contract everything is blocked and you can't offer the contract to the player.

Amateur

I think it's a big improvement, but as others have said, why not play the demo and find out for yourself?

Amateur

I probably put more hours into FM11 than I have any FM game since 2006 and was a little sceptical about upgrading right away but I have to say FM12 is an even better game. I wouldn't say there are too many huge improvements here but all the improvements there are have made for a much better experience. For all the issues that have been raised in these forums I haven't had any problems in my 5 seasons so far. I'm sure i'm just one of the many who are quietly getting on and enjoying the game.

Amateur

Completely worth the upgrade, the add/remove leagues feature is great. IMO no major bugs in it either.

Amateur

Currently I find myself playing FM2011 again, I just havent gotten into my Fm2012 game much, the UI feels a bit.. clunky really, it's a good step but more refinement is needed for it to be perfect. Its interesting though, if you can get a good deal on it, it might be worth a try, especially if you want a new challenge with a new team.

Amateur

The game is great, but it's not a massive leap forward.

Steam, however, is awful.

Amateur

Question - is it possible to load a 2011 save into 2012?

avine

Quote Originally Posted by prokolyo View Post
    Question - is it possible to load a 2011 save into 2012?
    Answer - no, its not the same database

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by avine View Post
    Answer - no, its not the same database
    Answer to the answer: damn!

Amateur

cant agree more. I would wait until the release a descent update to fix all those crashes.
    do not buy using steam, this is my opinion.
    i regret.

Amateur

steam alone makes it not a good idea to upgrade, save the cash and get a database update from the community.

Amateur

Buy it. It's great. Never had a problem with Steam. Simple to buy and keep updated.

Amateur

best game of all time

Amateur

The game is a massive step forward, especcially the interface has been improved a lot. The match engine is very similar to 11.3 though. I couldn´t go back to FM11.

Banned

I personally would advise, that stick with FM11 until FM12 has been through its final patch. Its has some "upgrades" but also has some issues whihc could become game breakers for some if experianced.

First Team Squad Member

I'd say get it, i've done 7 seasons now and i love it more than i did 11, game feels more realistic than ever.

Amateur

The 12.0.4 update sucks so much.

Amateur

Not many improvements from last year, but the biggest dissapointment is that the ME is the same. With the same bugs and incosistencies.

As it is now the game has some bugs (like scouting or registration problems) that I don't think how serious problems can look away.

But for some reason SI hasn't revealed its patch policy, so I'm sitting here unable to play the game. Pretty unprofessional on their part.

Amateur

As others have mentioned, try the demo

I am personally waiting for a patch or two and then see what people report, before I make the decision whether to upgrade or not.

Banned

every football manager is the same! all they ever do is update the information about players, clubs, etc.
    the simple fact is the general match play is AWFUL and will be on every FM game! compared to FIFA or Pro Evolution where you don't actually have to control any team if you don't want to and can set it as 'computer vs. computer', you would see that the players controlled by the game DON'T run around like headless chickens if they're destined to be on the losing side. on FM however, certain passes are made that wouldn't be in a real match, certain passes aren't played that would be in a real match, players make the weirdest runs which would make no sense in a football game and what is the obsession with defenders passing the ball back to the keeper?! because all he does is smash the ball upfield towards the smallest player on the pitch who's then expected to win the header against some huge centre back :S and why do strikers 'flick the ball on'...when he's clearly the furthest player forward and would know there's nobody ahead of him to collect the ball?! :S
    i realise this is just a thread in a forum and FM will always be like this and i'll probably always be obsessed with playing it but sometimes it really pisses me off that the matchplay can't be more realistic like it is in FIFA and Pro Evo.

First Team Squad Member

lol realistic like FIFA or PES, i've heard it all now

Reserves

FM12 is the best version yet imo, some solid additions to this years edition.

+ Reply to Thread