The FM12 FMCU Dream Team!

Adelaidean

Harchester_United_Logo.png

Football Manager 2012 Career Forum

DreamTeam_4591.jpg

Hello and welcome to the Football Manager 2012 Career Updates Forum Dream Team! Witness the showcase of all showcases as your favourite FMCU players take the limelight and are immortalised amongst the greats! Regular FMCU'ers will be familiar with such legendary teams as dafuge's Tooting and Mitcham side of the 2040s and SnakeXe's all-conquering Messina. Now, we shine the spotlight on the players who made these teams great! Pele, Maradona and Messi pale in comparison to the beastly skill of Geoff Tynan, the industrious defending of Rene Kooiman and the youthful exuberance of David Brooks, and it doesn't end there! The greatest of McGoldricks to the lowliest of Melkis are eligible to star in the FMCU Dream Team for FM12; it only takes a season of magic!

Similar to the FIFA World XI, the FMCU Dream Team is based on the greatest average rating over a season for a player. By the time of FM13, we will know a first XI in 4-4-2 formation for the single best players in their position from ANY FMCU career thread based on their performance over their best season! Here are the rules:

• To be eligible for the Dream Team, a player must: be from FM12, be from an FMCU Career Thread, and have made TWENTY (20) competitive club appearances over a season or THIRTY (30) including as a substitute under the management of the user.
  • Each user may have a maximum of TWO (2) players in the Dream Team at any time. A player in the Honourable Mentions section does not count towards this total.
  • Players will be selected to their first choice positions based on their average rating over a season. If two eligible players in the same position have the same average rating, the player that has played MORE matches and therefore played consistently better will be selected.
  • To submit a player, users must fill out the form below. Incorrectly submitted players will not be considered for selection.

All credit for this idea must go to Biscotti over in the CSE forum; I read his thread and thought what a great idea it could be for FMCU, where there are huge amounts of unsung club heroes who should go down in FMCU history as legends of the sport! I was hoping as well that at the end of the FM12 era, a Dream Team Captain could be selected at the annual awards night based on the votes of the forumgoers, to truly be recognised as the greatest and most influential player of the year! Below is the form for applicants:

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot):

Position:

Nationality:

Club and League:

Career Thread (with link to thread):

Season:

Age (at end of relevant season):

Matches played (subs):

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK):

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK):

Average Rating (with link to proof):

The FM12 FMCU Dream Team:

[b]ST[/b]                        [b]ST[/b]
                                                   [url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/FM2012/DejanVukojevicOverview_Profile-3.png"]Dejan Vukojevic[/url]             [url="http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Basque-ing%20in%20Glory/IkerSolaOverview_Profile-18.png"]Iker Sola[/url]
                                                        8.65                      9.14

[b]LM[/b]                       [b]CM[/b]                        [b]CM[/b]                       [b]RM[/b]
                              [url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/FM2012/WiltonOverview_Profile-1.png"]Wilton[/url]                 [url="http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee499/MrDeeerp/2022-23%20End%20of%20Season/Baena.png"]Alan Baena[/url]               [url="http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn221/roganp/FM12/ValonBerishaOverview_Attributes-2.png"]Valon Berisha[/url]          [url="http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3340/sebastinfrutosoverviewa.png"]Sebastian Frutos[/url]
                               7.93                     7.58                      7.38                     7.87

[b]LB[/b]                       [b]CB[/b]                        [b]CB[/b]                       [b]RB[/b]
                            [url="http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/AKAK22/FM12%20Career/Liverpool/202223/MihaelBacaOverview_Attributes.png"]Mihael Baca[/url]             [url="http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/739/luizeduardooverviewattr.png"]Luiz Eduardo[/url]         [url="http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h371/ArsenalMetro/moyasebastianvicente-1.png"]Sebastian Vicente Moya[/url]      [url="http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/AKAK22/FM12%20Career/Liverpool/202223/SbastienCorchiaOverview_Attributes.png"]Sebastien Corchia[/url]
                               7.39                     7.63                      7.76                     7.62

[b]GK[/b]
                                                                 [url="http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h371/ArsenalMetro/hornaktomas-1.png"]Tomas Hornak[/url]

Honourable Mentions (8.00+)

ST Mansour Mendy 8.34

Senegalese dynamo Mendy became a vital part of City2000's plans at FC Twente with a stunning return in the 2020/21 Eredivisie season.

ST Michael Joseph 8.24

Nigerian striker Joseph was the key man at New York Red Bulls in roganp's first and only season at the club, impressing with 70 goals in 47 games.

ST Barry Milligan 8.22

dafuge's Bourneview striker Milligan put in a great shift in the 2020/21 season, earning his eventual 11.75 million pound move to Sunderland.

ST Darjan Mevlja 8.07

A terrific introduction to football for 16-year-old Mevlja, helping to fire dafuge's Bourneview Young Men to the Championship 2 title.

FMCU Magazine Player Features

ST Mansour Mendy

This article chronicles the rise of one of FMCU's most potent strikers from youthful Senegalese prospect to global phenomenon.

GK Tomas Hornak

Read about the rise of a new goalkeeping icon in eccentric Czech stopper and Dream Team stalwart Tomas Hornak.

Good luck! :)

So to start things off, I'll enter my star left-winger from my first season at Chester FC:

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Patrick Horoi

Position: AML/ST

Nationality: Tahitian

Club and League: Chester FC, Blue Square North

Career Thread (with link to thread): I've got something to get off my Chester...

Season: 2012/13

Age (at end of relevant season): 27

Matches played (subs): 46

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 35

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 23

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.84

Player Name: Ivan Graziani

Position: ST

Nationality: Italian

Club and League: Santarcangelo Calcio, Serie C2/B

Career Thread (with link to thread): Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Season: 2012-13

Age (at end of relevant season): 31

Matches played (subs): 34 (1)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 17 (1)

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 2

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.19

He'll never win any major awards, but he was the catalyst for me staying up in my first season and winning the title the second, just with his abilty to pop up with a goal when needed, despite not being as talented as some players around him

Oh, of course you can change your submissions; the two players rule is just so someone with a team of worldbeaters doesn't dominate the whole team. In practice, it means you can only have two players in the dream team at any time, not that you can only submit two players, sorry if that was unclear. :)

If there are notable players who don't get into the team based on average rating, I'm more than happy to keep them in a separate list of honourable mentions or substitutes, that's a great idea. :thup:

Ah, alright! Well, in that case:

Player Name: Dean Martin

Position: AMR/RM

Nationality: English

Club and League: ÍA Akraness, Icelandic First Division

Career Thread (with link to thread): Project Iceland: Shooting for the Silverware Six, Wowing the World

Season: 2011

Age (at end of relevant season): 39

Matches played (subs): 29 (0)

Goals: 11

Assists: 11

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.40

Wingers are not one of the things that are usually mentioned as "getting better with age" but apparently this man, who was the main man behind Akraness' stunning rescue from relegation and turnaround in my first season, is an exception.

Player Name: Barrie Keith

Position: Striker

Nationality: Scottish

Club and League: Sparta Prague, Czech First Division

Career Thread (with link to thread): The First American Legend

Season: 2016-17

Age (at end of relevant season): 22

Matches played (subs): 42 (1)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 29

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 14

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.58

Player Name: Sebastian Vicente Moya

Position: DC

Nationality: Argentine-born Spanish

Career Thread (with link to thread): The First American Legend

Season: 2016-17

Age (at end of relevant season): 21

Matches played (subs): 38

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 20

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 4

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.76

Question - should we count international appearances in their stats?

Question - should we count international appearances in their stats?

I'm only counting competitive club appearances; that is, only league and cup matches for their club. I figure it would be unfair on some players since most of the entries are lower league players, and so international players would have an unfair advantage if they made international appearances too (particularly if they play for a national side that regularly plays very poor nations, giving the player a chance to dominate easily).

I've updated the team to include everyones' players so far, keep them coming!

Moderators: To help this idea get off the ground, would it be alright if someone stickied it? That way people can see it easily and it doesn't get lost amongst the careers. :thup:

I agree with SnakeXe regarding using the player who'd played the most. Playing the least makes sense for deciding for prizes to do with goals and assists, but it is harder to keep up form over a longer period. Anyway, think I've got a candidate, wish I'd taken an end-of-season screenie for him last time but hope this'll do.

Player Name: Mark Gilmour

Club and League: West Brom, npower Championship

Career Thread: Deltablue Rising: From Blyth to Barcelona

Season: 2017-18

Matches played (subs): 47

Goals: 56

Assists: 12

Average Rating: 7.77

SnakeXe: Fair call on the tiebreaker rule, I've changed the OP to reflect the new system.

deltablue: Gilmour is now in the team (thought I'd be seeing him here going by the goal tally he'd racked up in your thread :D), he's replaced Ivan Graziani due to better AR (sorry Deisler26 :D).

I agree with SnakeXe regarding using the player who'd played the most. Playing the least makes sense for deciding for prizes to do with goals and assists, but it is harder to keep up form over a longer period. Anyway, think I've got a candidate, wish I'd taken an end-of-season screenie for him last time but hope this'll do.

Player Name: Mark Gilmour

Club and League: West Brom, npower Championship

Career Thread: Deltablue Rising: From Blyth to Barcelona

Season: 2017-18

Goals: 56

Assists: 12

Average Rating: 7.77

Great season. Crap performances in the cup though...small-time player. :lol:

Also, we currently have an all-Scottish frontline!

Great Idea Howz about a subs bench though ;) note to self. should really read the posts above :o

My two entries :)

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Jamil Adam

Nationality: Irish/English

Club and League: Armagh City, NI Premier Division

Career Thread (with link to thread): Norn Iron Filings

Season: 2014/15

Matches played (subs): 48 (1) (all competitions)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 46

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 10

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.56 (all competitions)

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Martin Walsh

Position: D/M C (only played as D C unless really desperate :D)

Nationality: Irish

Club and League: Armagh City - NI Premier Division

Career Thread (with link to thread): Norn Iron Filings

Season: 2015/16

Age (at end of relevant season): 19

Matches played (subs): 40 (all competitions)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 10

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 3

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.37 (all competitions)

Great idea, Adelaidean! :thup:

Player Name: Michael King

Position: AML (not sure if this counts but he can play LM)

Nationality: English

Club and League: Eastbourne Borough - Blue Square Bet South

Career Thread: Conquering the world? It's like taking candy from a baby

Season: 2012/2013

Matches played (subs): 41 (1)

Goals: 9

Assists: 25

Average Rating: 7.34

Nice idea this, hopefully I'll have a few great players a later on, but for now here's one from my first season:

Player Name: Darjan Mevlja

Nationality: Slovenian

Club and League: Bourneview, Championship 2 (Northern Ireland)

Career Thread: From Young Men to World Beaters?

Age (at end of relevant season): 16

Matches played (subs): 24 (2)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 32

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 9

Average Rating (with link to proof): 8.07

Mevlja has been added in place of Barrie Keith, great rating for a 16 year old. :thup:

Personally, I think that looks MUCH better! :cool:

Oh how I miss Harchester United, maybe an idea for FM13 with the use of Level 8-10? ;)

Fixed. ;)

And I can't add Michael King, his AR is lower than the team's current left winger (Patrick Horoi 7.84)

Also, in terms of adding players who play in a position that isn't covered by a 4-4-2, its perfectly fine to submit them and they will be placed in the position closest to their natural one (AML to ML, SW to DC, AMC/DMC to MC etc.).

I'm going to enter one of my MCs from my Chester save as well, just to fill a spot in the team for now:

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Busao

Position: M/AMC

Nationality: Brazilian

Club and League: Chester FC, Blue Square North

Career Thread (with link to thread): I've got something to get off my Chester...

Age (at end of relevant season): 34

Matches played (subs): 42

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 27

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.45

Sorry I haven't been active in the forum over the last week, I've been very busy (and more-than-slightly distracted by the new Zelda game :D) but I'm still fully committed to this thread. :thup:

So the team still has vacancies at CM, LB, RB and GK, and of course every spot is up for grabs if your player's rating is high enough! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the players that get into the team as everyones' careers go further and further down the track.

Keep the players coming! :)

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Tomas Hornak

Position: GK

Nationality: Czech

Career Thread (with link to thread): The First American Legend: Czeching In

Season:

Age (at end of relevant season): 28

Matches played (subs): 41

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 22

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 32

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.16

• 2 weeks later...

Player Name: John Fleck

Position: AMC

Club and League: Stoke EPL

Career Thread: Stoke City - Insert Football Cliche Here

Season: 2014/2015

Age (at end of relevant season): 23

Matches played (subs): 25 (5)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 13

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 5

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.18

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Gil

Position: DC

Nationality: Brazil

Club and League: Werder Bremen, 1. Bundesliga

Career Thread (with link to thread): Now You Do Not Punish Someone, English Or Otherwise, For Being Rubbish At FM...

Season: 2021/22

Matches played (subs): 19(2)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 4

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 1

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.54

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Matthias Zimmermann

Position: DRLC/WBR/DM/MC

Nationality: Germany

Career Thread (with link to thread): Now You Do Not Punish Someone, English Or Otherwise, For Being Rubbish At FM...

Age (at end of relevant season): 29

Matches played (subs): 44 (0)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 0

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 10

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.22

Fleck and Zimmermann added to the team at LCM and RB, unlucky on Gil SnakeXe, he looks a fantastic player though so hopefully he can play a full season next time around with a similar average rating! :D

Just need a LB for the team now and then we can really get down to the competitive element of this, keep it up guys! :)

It's not a left back, but I thought I'd get started on the competitive element of this by providing a right mid whose average rating is 0.01 higher than that of the currently selected right mid. :D

Player Name: Raymond Zuiderwijk

Position: MR

Nationality: Belgian

Club and League: Standard, Belgian Pro League

Career Thread: Hoppin' around Europe... for now.

Season: 2018/2019

Matches played (subs): 36 (3)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 11

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 19

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.41

It's not a left back, but I thought I'd get started on the competitive element of this by providing a right mid whose average rating is 0.01 higher than that of the currently selected right mid. :D

Player Name: Raymond Zuiderwijk

Position: MR

Nationality: Belgian

Club and League: Standard, Belgian Pro League

Career Thread: Hoppin' around Europe... for now.

Season: 2018/2019

Matches played (subs): 36 (3)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 11

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 19

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.41

Very cheeky! :D

Player Name: Mansour Mendy

Nationality: Senegal

Club and League: FC Twente, Eredivisie

Career Thread: Here we go...

Season: 2018/19

Matches played: 40(1)

Goals: 47

Assists: 28

Average Rating: 8.19

:eek:

Both players have been added. :thup:

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Valon Berisha

Position: CM

Nationality: Norwegian

Club and League: Ipswich, npower League One

Career Thread (with link to thread): "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page"

Season: 2016/2017

Age (at end of relevant season): 24

Matches played (subs): 48(5)

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.38

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Valon Berisha

Position: CM

Nationality: Norwegian

Club and League: Ipswich, npower League One

Career Thread (with link to thread): "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page"

Season: 2016/2017

Matches played (subs): 48(5)

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.38

Nice, unseats Fleck in central midfield. :thup:

Good luck in New York by the way, I've been enjoying your thread. :)

Adelaidean Plays Down Fleck Interest

FMCU Magazine

12/12/2011

FMCU Dream Team Coordinator Adelaidean tonight piled the pressure on under-seige Stoke midfielder John Fleck, casting doubts over the latter's ability to regain his spot in the team.

Fleck, who spoke recently to FMCUW, had expressed his disappointment at losing his spot to Ipswich midfielder Valon Berisha.

"It's a tough decision to take," the young Scotsman said, "But I'll be looking to prove that I have what it takes to get back in amongst it."

[sKIP TO SIDEBAR]

John_Fleck_1241523c.jpg

A younger John Fleck fights for possession in his Rangers playing days.

[RETURN TO SIDEBAR]

Adelaidean, in response, contacted FMCUW to explain his reasoning behind the star's dismissal, claiming that an infinite number of game universes makes it difficult for any one John Fleck to be selected over another.

"He's a quality player, no doubt, but he's up against a lot of other talented midfielders such as himself in someone else's game," said the Australian forumer, "He's going to need some really determined management by hursty2 to up his game to a level where he can push himself for a spot in the side, but I welcome his determination to perform."

"I like to see that in a player and will be looking forward to following his future progression under hursty2's management."

It is thought that Adelaidean is delighted with the shape of his squad so far, but is seeking reinforcements at left-back to add steel to an otherwise talented side.

"We have some real proven performers amongst our ranks, so it's heartening to see the high level of player interest at this stage."

Lead story in FMCU Magazine. :D

I love the idea of a player competing against himself. I love how competitive the dream team idea is. Disappointed to lose Gilmour (though well done to City2000, with Mendy, and unless I become the dominant side anywhere, it would be a massive job to get any one else in it, but that's the joy of it all, everyone in it has to be just that legendary.

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Alan Baena

Position: ML/AMRLC

Nationality: Argentina

Season: 2022/23

Matches played (subs): 37 (1)

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 18

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.58

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Michael Joseph

Nationality: Nigerian

Club and League: New York Red Bulls, MLS

Season: 2017

Age (at end of relevant season): 21

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 70

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 16

Average Rating (with link to proof): 8.24

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Zarek Valentin

Position: RB

Nationality: American

Club and League: New York Red Bulls, MLS

Season: 2017

Age (at end of relevant season): 26

Matches played (subs): 31

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 0

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 5

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.50

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Wilton

Position: M/AML

Nationality: Brazilian

Club and League: Bourneview, Carling Premiership

Career Thread (with link to thread): From Young Men to World Beaters?

Season: 2023/24

Matches played (subs): 38(2)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 17

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 23

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.93

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Barry Milligan

Nationality:

Club and League: Bourneview, Carling Premiership

Career Thread (with link to thread): From Young Men to World Beaters?

Matches played (subs): 33(1)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 41

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 13

Average Rating (with link to proof): 8.22

Joseph, Valentin, Wilton and Milligan all added. :thup:

Is everyone happy with the idea of an 8.00+ average rating to be written as an honourable mention? I was thinking as well that players who have been in the team for a long time could also be honourable mentions, say for two months or something. Does anyone have a system they would prefer, such as only two players in each position in the honourable mentions at a time or something like that? I do get the feeling that we're going to end up with a long list of strikers, that's all! :D;)

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Bruno Abreu

Position: AMRL/ST

Nationality: Portugal

Club and League: Arsenal, Premier League

Season: 2023/24

Matches played (subs): 30 (11)

Goals (Clean Sheets for GK): 20

Assists (Goals Conceded for GK): 13

Average Rating (with link to proof): 7.50

Player Name (with link to player attributes screenshot): Sebastián Frutos

Position: M/AM R

Nationality: Argentinian

Club and League: Anderlecht. Belgian Pro League

Career Thread (with link to thread): You Have To Be In It To Win It

Season: 2015/16