Something to add for FM13: Ball boys

Def agree.

And refs should be closer to the action during the games. Sometimes they are on the opposite half vs where the ball is. And when a foul comes, ref & player walk towards each other for 5minutes... (sometimes the ref stops walking and waits for the player to come... seriously...)

And while they're at it I hope they fix the stupid bug that makes the players walk to the freekick spot and then realises where the ball is and goes back to get the ball again. Only a little thing but annoys me quite a bit.

And if you watch the time carefully, sometimes the players take WAY too long before a goal kick or throw in. Like 20 seconds.

I dont think it even needs to be that real. Seriously, just make the ball teleport to the corner spot when it goes out. I don't care that no-one retrieves it. It won't remove realism, it will save me time.

While we're at it:

Show me him getting booked. Not the 20 second stroll to the referee.

Tell me he's been taken off for physio attention. I don't need to watch the guy take 20 seconds to run on the pitch and another 10 rubbing him before it skips scene.

The one that makes me laugh the most...

When a ball goes out of play, for a corner, throw in, or kick off after a goal... one player kicks the ball to save the other having to retrieve it... but kicks it too short, then the other player has to walk at snail pace to pick it up.

Personally, I think it's time-wasting and the players concerned should at least be booked! ;):p

The best one for me is when a player fouls, giving himself a game-ending injury and getting booked in the process. He gets stretchered - slowly - off the field, then he miraculously gets the use of his legs back, scampers back on to the waiting ref who flashes the card. It doesn't happen very often but I always laugh when it does :)

I'll be happy to not see my players walk 20 yards to get the ball aswell, like has been said we don't need to see the ball boys, just have the ball make it's own way back.

While were at it, any chance of some cheerleaders to welcome the lads onto the pitch? Could even bring them out at half time for a dance routine!

Def agree.

And refs should be closer to the action during the games. Sometimes they are on the opposite half vs where the ball is. And when a foul comes, ref & player walk towards each other for 5minutes... (sometimes the ref stops walking and waits for the player to come... seriously...)

:thup::applause::applause:

Anyone ever see the ball get thrown back in from the crowd?
There is 'ballboys' The ball gets flicked onto the pitch when it's out of play no?

Yes it happens also, but that's only when a player shoots and totally misses the target. But it's a good thing that we don't have to wait for a player to leave the stadium to retrieve the ball :p

I would also add, in corners kicks, sometimes a teammate gets the ball and gives it to the kicker, but then the kicker shoots before the teammate even went back to is position. A bit annoying.

I must second this. The amount of time that gets wasted waiting for players to walk over to the ball and then back to the throw-in/free-kick/corner/whatever spot is way excessive, and it prevents quick throws/free-kicks.

It's incredibly annoying when you see a minute, maybe even more wasted because of this. The time wasting only seems to take effect when the ball is placed on the spot for the set piece whatever it may be, so the 30/40 seconds retrieving the ball are completely unaccounted for, then after 20 - 30 seconds you will see the "knows theres no rush to take this kick" and ends up wasting close to 90 seconds or even more.

Anyone else get annoyed at having to watch your player run 20-30 yards to fetch the ball? It's just a waste of time. Introduce ball boys i say.

The title made me laugh. Like a sarcastic suggestion, but one that really needs to be sorted out because like you say, my highlights of games are being filled by my players collecting the ball for a corner or a throw in etc. Seriousness, get rid of this in my highlights. Tedious waste of time.

The one that makes me laugh the most...

When a ball goes out of play, for a corner, throw in, or kick off after a goal... one player kicks the ball to save the other having to retrieve it... but kicks it too short, then the other player has to walk at snail pace to pick it up.

Personally, I think it's time-wasting and the players concerned should at least be booked! ;):p

Haha, I think exactly the same. Pass it to them properly or don't do it at all.

Archived