2 Players Sent Off at the Same Time

This happened to me last night, 2 players on the opposing team were sent off at the same time. I found it quite amusing.

I can post a screenshot for anyone who would like to see later on when I am home.

I'd imagine this is quite a rare occurance and was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

1 for the foul and 1 for arguing afterwards?

If only real life referees had the balls our pixelated friends have in FM the game would be cleaned up in no time ;)

Well that is what I thought it was at first. The second sending off was the result of a yellow card. I watched the replay briefly but couldnt really pick anything out.

I guess there is only 2 real options for why he was sent off:

- Arguing with the ref for the initial sending off

or

- The ref brandishing a yellow card for a previous foul where he let play continue

I think the latter is probably the most likely, I wasn't aware that players could be punished for arguing with officials in the game so if anyone could clarify this it would be great.

I'll have another look at the replay when I'm home and see what I can pick out. I just found it quite suprising at the time.

Well that is what I thought it was at first. The second sending off was the result of a yellow card. I watched the replay briefly but couldnt really pick anything out.

or

- The ref brandishing a yellow card for a previous foul where he let play continue

I think the latter is probably the most likely, I wasn't aware that players could be punished for arguing with officials in the game so if anyone could clarify this it would be great.

I'll have another look at the replay when I'm home and see what I can pick out. I just found it quite suprising at the time.

Players do get booked for arguing with officials. I would not rule out the first option, it happened to me more than once albeit never after receiving a red card.

Had something similar happen to me in FM11, 1 red was a straight red for a horrible tackle and not sure what the other red card was for. Had 55 Mins still to play, and i still lost.. 3-1.. They scored 2 in 88th and 91st minute..

I cried.

What a nightmare! I never really know how to adjust my tactics when a sending off occurs, nevermind 2. I play a very attacking game anyway so I dont see any real way to take further advantage of the extra men.

Yup, they definitely get booked for arguing. Had it in a couple of my games too where someone got a straight red and then immediately someone got their 2nd yellow for arguing. Don't think the game does what happens in real life, where a tackle gets made, advantage gets played, and the next time the ball is out of play, the player then gets booked. Think it's just a case of if a foul is committed it'll be given then, rather than an advantage played, but maybe someone can confirm that, but I've never seen it happen.

Thanks for clarifying this. It first glance it never looked as if the player had argued, but we know the graphics aren't exactly state of the art, so I'll read the match report. I'll definitely take a look at the replay again aswell later just to confirm what actually happened and let you know.

or

It can't be the latter. If the referee sees a foul that would result in a second yellow card then he has to stop the game immediately and issue it. Thereby sending the player off at the same time. If he doesn't do this then the player could be involved in a play that he shouldn't have been on the field for. eg setting up or scoring a goal.

The second yellow would therefore have been for arguing.

It can't be the latter. If the referee sees a foul that would result in a second yellow card then he has to stop the game immediately and issue it. Thereby sending the player off at the same time. If he doesn't do this then the player could be involved in a play that he shouldn't have been on the field for. eg setting up or scoring a goal.

The second yellow would therefore have been for arguing.

I suppose that does make sense actually. I guess the only time this would happen in real life would be if the referee forgot that the player had been booked. I wonder if the game would take the fact its a secodn yellow card into consideration though instead of just following the same procedure as a first booking.

I have seen 2 players sent off against me at the same time as well. 1 for a professional foul and the other for arguing. I have also seen 5 players booked at the same time on fm10 after i was given an injury time penalty in a derby match.

5 players booked at the same time :O Wow, I've never seen that before!

This happened to me last night, 2 players on the opposing team were sent off at the same time. I found it quite amusing.

I can post a screenshot for anyone who would like to see later on when I am home.

I'd imagine this is quite a rare occurance and was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

was it bowyer and dyer fight each other again?

or

I've had a goal disallowed before with my Centre mid arguing this decision. He then received his second yellow and his marching orders.

Arguing with the ref is definitely possible in the game. There's a screenie in the "funny screenshots" thread where someone was playing a game, and opponent got awarded a pen, and 4 of his players got booked for complaining about the penalty award...

Arguing with the ref is definitely possible in the game. There's a screenie in the "funny screenshots" thread where someone was playing a game, and opponent got awarded a pen, and 4 of his players got booked for complaining about the penalty award...

Haha yeah Things Could Get Messi mentioned it above, I would have loved to have saw that

Archived