Idea about Football Manager 2013

Dear, Sigames :]

First of all i want to congratulate all of you about your games. This is definitely the most realistic game ever made, but i've always wondered a few things. What the hell can i do with the money i have earned. It doesn't make sense. I earn something that is absolutely useless. Maybe you should think about that in the next version of the game. Also it's very annoying that you can't become something more than a manager. I'm not a fan of Fifa Manager, but i think they really got that one right. You have the option (if you have the money of course) to buy the whole club, which is kind of motivating. That's the only reason why i used to play Fifa manager a few years ago. Anyway, that's from me for now :]

Cheers :]

Welcome to the forums but be prepared to be told this idea is not a good one. These threads pop up quite a bit but are always shot down and in my opinion rightly so, managers do not but clubs in real life although some do put their own money towards helping a club. For me this is a big no.

You should be able to go shopping with your manager and buy clothes and food and houses and able to send his horse back riding to boost his morale and he can go to the bookies and bet on the cricket with all his money or have him go to college and become a hairdresser or lawyer if the football don't work out and have him buy a pet and have the option to bring it to training with him and have him decide how he wants to go to training like get the train or a taxi or buy a camel and you should be allowed to choose who his wag is from a list of women in Hello! magazine. That would be much more realistic than it is now.

You should be able to go shopping with your manager and buy clothes and food and houses and able to send his horse back riding to boost his morale and he can go to the bookies and bet on the cricket with all his money or have him go to college and become a hairdresser or lawyer if the football don't work out and have him buy a pet and have the option to bring it to training with him and have him decide how he wants to go to training like get the train or a taxi or buy a camel and you should be allowed to choose who his wag is from a list of women in Hello! magazine. That would be much more realistic than it is now.

I really hope that sarcasm was lost in the wall of text.

classic. 5 mins later and i am still laughing....

Dear, Sigames :]

First of all i want to congratulate all of you about your games. This is definitely the most realistic game ever made, but i've always wondered a few things. What the hell can i do with the money i have earned. It doesn't make sense. I earn something that is absolutely useless. Maybe you should think about that in the next version of the game. Also it's very annoying that you can't become something more than a manager. I'm not a fan of Fifa Manager, but i think they really got that one right. You have the option (if you have the money of course) to buy the whole club, which is kind of motivating. That's the only reason why i used to play Fifa manager a few years ago. Anyway, that's from me for now :]

Cheers :]

That might go some way to explain why the real FM destroys EA's offering in the PC charts when they go head-to-head.

I wish I had a fiver for every time this has put on the forum. I wouldn't have to work and could then spend my money on fast cars, speedboats and luxury houses like you can in FIFA Manager.

A fiver?! I'm sure it could be done with £1....

fwiw, terrible, terrible idea

Lol i only registered to the forums not long ago and i already saw this topic so many times.. every year... so... MY IDEA IS and then u go out of practice and u get in ur car that one u bought with ur money! and the game becomes need for speed! and then u stop at a red light and this &%$ tries to jack u and the game becomes COD! u finally arrive home.. when it becomes SIMS! omg an earthquake and it comes SIM CITY! u finally wake up and see that u fell asleep in front of ur pc and that FM WILL ALWAYS BE FM. :D

this idea comes up once a week, this is football manager not football banker. We all want this game to be realistic, you don't see any club Managers out in the real world buying the club they manage. And what a waste of a 1st post. oh dear

Not again. Sorry, but no. Do managers in real life put their own money into clubs? I doubt it. Do we really need to spend the money and be able to go out and buy cars, which would add absolutely nothing to the game? No. Do we need managers putting their money into a consortium to try and buy a club, regardless of whether they're manager at the club they're trying to buy or not? No. It's Football Manager, not Football Chairman, Football Lifestyle, or Footbally anything other than Football Manager. Not trying to come across as being harsh, but I think if this ever gets brought in (and I don't see it ever being brought in) alot of people will go off and find something else to do. Maybe not in significant numbers, but I'm certain that some people would do so.

I think you're are underestimating the number of people who would immediately walk away from FM, stevvy, idea's like this one would kill FM.

If anyone at SI ever thinks of this as a viable option they should consider handing in their notice & if anyone from SI is caught talking about it expect in a derisory manner they must be immediately handed their P45.

• 2 months later...

Dear SIGames

I would like to you fix which players that is nominated for world player of the year etc. One of my players won Player of the year in premier league with 40 goals. He wasnt even nominated to win the world player of the year, but some of my other players was. Its just stupid that the "high quality players" always gets nominated even though they dont play any good.

• 3 weeks later...

To stop people moaning every year they should just make expansion packs like they could do football chairman and what ever else as expansion packs you buy seperate would

create a new game genre for SI Games but obviously football manager would be the main game. thats my idea anyway so what do you guys think?

To stop people moaning every year they should just make expansion packs like they could do football chairman and what ever else as expansion packs you buy seperate would

create a new game genre for SI Games but obviously football manager would be the main game. thats my idea anyway so what do you guys think?

a ever so slightly better idea, but still SI wouldnt do it. No need for them to do that when footy manager IS a FOOTBALL MANAGER as mentioned previosuly not LIFESTYLE MANAGEr

You should have the option to hide your money in a dodgy offshore bank account. Happens IRL.

+1 made me chuckle this

How come not one of you guys have told him to post in the 'ideas for future versions' thread? I'm pretty new but i thought that was how it was done. correct me if im wrong........

Too busy commenting on the poor idea, rather than which category it should be placed in.

Besides - ideas thread is for multiple ideas, whereas one idea such as this tends to be allowed it's own thread.

Bit annoying that people keep keeping this thread alive after weeks/months of inactivity. We've heard it all before!

Archived