Luka Modric and Chelsea

Hey. I was wondering why is Modric not interested in coming to Chelsea at all in FM whereas that is certainly not the case in real life. I even had my offer accepted by Spurs but the player wasn't interested in any transfer talks. I've tried all I could but he justr doesn't want to come. Why is that so ?

i'm sure i read in the Bugs forum someone saying that players are too loyal when it comes to moving between rival clubs, in FM.

they gave loads of real life examples where it happens but its more difficult in FM12.

although its not unreasonable for a player to not want to join a rival club, if the team accept the offer from the rival club its even more unlikely that the player will refuse contract talks.

Player having more loyalty than the club when it comes to rival teams? doesn't sound right.

shouldn't that only affect whether or not Spurs accept Chelsea's bid, not his wanting to go/not go to Chlesea?

It should but on FM11 I found this a huge problem for some reason players would not even discuss a contract with a rival team. Not sure if it is the same on FM12 or not.

Hey. I was wondering why is Modric not interested in coming to Chelsea at all in FM whereas that is certainly not the case in real life. I even had my offer accepted by Spurs but the player wasn't interested in any transfer talks. I've tried all I could but he justr doesn't want to come. Why is that so ?

cause it's a game? in real u also can't be hired as manager of City or United or bring a lower leagues club to win Champions League in few years

Playing as Man Utd, I tried to sign wesley sniejder. In real life he has been quoted between 30-40 millions, but Inter wouldn't budge from 245 mill, with over half of it up front. In the modric situation, spurs rejected an offer in the range of 35mil, but I'm almost certain they would have sold him for Torres money, maybe even a bit less. Modric had told the media multiple times that he wanted a move, so it makes no sense whatsoever that he would reject the move. Bizarre

On the whole, players in FM11/FM12 are much too principled. They will rarely sign for a rival and many top class players (Jack Wilshere being a perennial example) are all too happy to rot in the reserves for years rather than request a transfer. This is also part of the reason why squads in FM change much less than they do in real life.

Five years from now, most big clubs will only have, at most, 2 or 3 of their current players in the starting XI. In FM, after the initial rush for the Cavanis and Subotics, squads are basically locked in place until players retire.

Archived