+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Luka Modric and Chelsea

Amateur

Default Luka Modric and Chelsea

Hey. I was wondering why is Modric not interested in coming to Chelsea at all in FM whereas that is certainly not the case in real life. I even had my offer accepted by Spurs but the player wasn't interested in any transfer talks. I've tried all I could but he justr doesn't want to come. Why is that so ?

Moderator and Technical Support

Possibly because Chelsea and Spurs may be rivals in the game.

Part-Timer

shouldn't that only affect whether or not Spurs accept Chelsea's bid, not his wanting to go/not go to Chlesea?

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

i'm sure i read in the Bugs forum someone saying that players are too loyal when it comes to moving between rival clubs, in FM.
    they gave loads of real life examples where it happens but its more difficult in FM12.
    although its not unreasonable for a player to not want to join a rival club, if the team accept the offer from the rival club its even more unlikely that the player will refuse contract talks.

Player having more loyalty than the club when it comes to rival teams? doesn't sound right.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubentus_Juventus View Post
    shouldn't that only affect whether or not Spurs accept Chelsea's bid, not his wanting to go/not go to Chlesea?
    It should but on FM11 I found this a huge problem for some reason players would not even discuss a contract with a rival team. Not sure if it is the same on FM12 or not.

Reserves

If this is the case, it would explain why the player I've been trying to sign for ages won't even discuss terms. for this issue

Quote Originally Posted by tahanaveed13 View Post
    Hey. I was wondering why is Modric not interested in coming to Chelsea at all in FM whereas that is certainly not the case in real life. I even had my offer accepted by Spurs but the player wasn't interested in any transfer talks. I've tried all I could but he justr doesn't want to come. Why is that so ?
    cause it's a game? in real u also can't be hired as manager of City or United or bring a lower leagues club to win Champions League in few years

Part-Timer

I always notice this in Italy. You just can't buy players from rival Italian teams; yet IRL the number of transfers between the likes of Inter, AC, Juve, Fiorentina etc is pretty high.

Amateur

Playing as Man Utd, I tried to sign wesley sniejder. In real life he has been quoted between 30-40 millions, but Inter wouldn't budge from 245 mill, with over half of it up front. In the modric situation, spurs rejected an offer in the range of 35mil, but I'm almost certain they would have sold him for Torres money, maybe even a bit less. Modric had told the media multiple times that he wanted a move, so it makes no sense whatsoever that he would reject the move. Bizarre

Amateur

I would say that as fm came out after the window shut Modric's realisation that Spurs are awsome and Chelsea are asshats has been included

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gairdevil316 View Post
    I would say that as fm came out after the window shut Modric's realisation that Spurs are awsome and Chelsea are asshats has been included
    Definitely this. Very realistic i think.

Amateur

You can easly edit this in FM 2012 editor, or in FMRTE. You can just add for Modric: likes club Chelsea 50%. Its not unrealistic.

On the whole, players in FM11/FM12 are much too principled. They will rarely sign for a rival and many top class players (Jack Wilshere being a perennial example) are all too happy to rot in the reserves for years rather than request a transfer. This is also part of the reason why squads in FM change much less than they do in real life.

Five years from now, most big clubs will only have, at most, 2 or 3 of their current players in the starting XI. In FM, after the initial rush for the Cavanis and Subotics, squads are basically locked in place until players retire.

+ Reply to Thread