+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FM12 is a great game but I cant get into it

Hybrid View

Amateur

Default FM12 is a great game but I cant get into it

FM12 looks and plays really well make no mistake about it, this is not an article to critisise the game.

Having reached 2020 in FM11 for the first time in any game FM12 has become somewhat of an inconvenience. I just dont feel able to throw my FM11 save away and start all over again in FM12. I know there are new features but I still feel like I'm playing the same game and as such I'm not motivated enough to keep going with my FM12 save.

Is this unusual or do other people suffer from the same problem?

Amateur

I can totally understand the problem, because I had the same problem with FM 09 after playing a long 08 career, and then the same with FM11 after playing a long FM10 game... I seem to get it every 2 versions, because after 2 versions there's sufficient squad changes, promotion / relegations, game updates + features to make the game more appealing to me.

Part-Timer

Having the same feeling.
    I can't really get into FM12, after having my longest game on FM11.
    It just feels off. It's a great game, but i can't seem to get the feel of it.
    Still playing it though

Amateur

You'll feel differently when you get to play FM2012 on its final patch, whenever that is. You have got FM2011 to the way you like it, finally, and throwing it away for a buggy and incomplete FM2012 - and by that I mean that there will be further updates to come... - doesn't seem right.

I have the same issue. I like my FM2011.

Part-Timer

I really like the game too, however I've only done one save so far, with Bristol City. Played 3 seasons and haven't gone back to it for about the last week.

I dunno why, I think that deep down I'm waiting for the England to level 11 database to be released so I can do a long, long career game with a team right down at the bottom.

Semi Pro

Even though I bought 09 and 10, I ended up sticking with 08 until 11 finally came along and blew me away. I might have given up a little on the series if FM11 hadn't been so good. I loved 08 to bits, despite it's all too obvious flaws.

Semi Pro

some people don't buy it every year for that reason.

i tend to shy away from FM thru september and october so that when the new version is released i'm ready to go. if you've jumped straight over you might just be burnt out. no game is fun if you play it all the time, over and over (for most of us, anyway).

i also end up taking a break here and there just to get away. xmas time comes and i'm on holiday. summer comes and i'm not big on staying inside as much. etc.

+ Reply to Thread