new youth players

surely with the new youth set-up where you choose who joins the youth system rather than get everyone there should be more not making it

You get a few weeks to trial the kids before deciding whether to offer them youth contracts or release them. Presumably the AI clubs do too, so unattached regens should appear, but not immediately after they are created.

Tim Cdy - not at all. I've just set FMRTE to find all regens in March 2012 in my save with 70%+ potential in England [i'm not spoiling anything because regens are random and won't be the same in your savegame]. This is my rank order with none omitted: -

1. [i.e. highest PA] Norwich

2. Crewe

followed by Villa, Plymouth, Southend, Wycombe (2), MK Dons, Man Utd (4), Southanmpton (3), Chelsea (2), Liverpool (3)

Arsenal, West Ham, Middlesboro, Sunderland, Charlton, Wigan,

then Tranmere, Torquay, Cambridge, Nuneaton, Cheltenham, Solihull, Grays, Yeovil, AFC Telford, Boreham Wood, I could go on

That looks like a damn good spread to me!

EDIT: hang on, messed that up a bit. The 4th best is at Cambridge and the 6th best English regen is at Boreham Wood! Pity I can't afford the compensation; I'm in BSN myself!

You get a few weeks to trial the kids before deciding whether to offer them youth contracts or release them. Presumably the AI clubs do too, so unattached regens should appear, but not immediately after they are created.

They do appear in AI teams. I was looking at a few of them to see if I could pick them up if the other club doesn't take them up and most, if not all of them, disappeared after their trial finished. Which is what I expected to happen as the game can't afford to have 10+ newgens in every club, every season.

I think that I was just unlucky in the fact that the ones I were looking at all disappeared.

I just have to look harder as one of my scouts found 4 unattached Scottish 14-15 year olds in my first season but nothing last season. The keeper is now out on loan after turning 18 to get experience and the other 3 are still in my U18s as they're still only 15-16.

The annoying thing is the scouts returning after a few days if they have full knowledge of a nation, so it's worthess sending them out after the newgen generation date even if you add the condition of looking for U18 players.

I'm at the start of June and have done a FMRTE search for English regens with PA 150-200 and it has only come up with 10 players. Is there a way to search for players based in England or would I have to search Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2 etc. seperately?

phnompenhandy - I presume I have got less results than you because the trial period has finished so it is only showing those that were signed up?

jimmy - that surprises me. By June those will rubbish PA might have disappeared from the system, but the high PA ones should be with their clubs. I searched for 70%+ potential FMRTE rating for best position, not PA. I don't have it open at the moment, but high % might not always = 150 PA. What database did you load up? Mine is medium + load ALL players from England (and based in England). If you didn't do that you'll get far fewer regens.

As for searching 'based in England', I wanted to do that but the current incarnation of FMRTE doesn't have it.

Tim Cdy - not at all. I've just set FMRTE to find all regens in March 2012 in my save with 70%+ potential in England [i'm not spoiling anything because regens are random and won't be the same in your savegame]. This is my rank order with none omitted: -

1. [i.e. highest PA] Norwich

2. Crewe

followed by Villa, Plymouth, Southend, Wycombe (2), MK Dons, Man Utd (4), Southanmpton (3), Chelsea (2), Liverpool (3)

Arsenal, West Ham, Middlesboro, Sunderland, Charlton, Wigan,

then Tranmere, Torquay, Cambridge, Nuneaton, Cheltenham, Solihull, Grays, Yeovil, AFC Telford, Boreham Wood, I could go on

That looks like a damn good spread to me!

EDIT: hang on, messed that up a bit. The 4th best is at Cambridge and the 6th best English regen is at Boreham Wood! Pity I can't afford the compensation; I'm in BSN myself!

That is an interesting mix to be sure. Don't use any real time editors, just the DBase. This time though I only boosted some of the payers to a modest good BSP level. The only injustice I found was Tom Cleverley, his PA was way too low.

Archived