What is your proudest FM moment- Not a competition win?

Simple, what is your greatest achievement that brought you great pride and an overwhelming feeling of success? The only restriction, is that it must not be a competition win. Some possibilities may be: Finding a great free agent that rejuvenated your team, being head-hunted by a major team, or even over-achieving in the league.

Now for mine, FM12 btw. I am manager of Nacional (Uruguay). The main purpose of this career is to enjoy youth development and trying to increase the Uruguayan league reputation through producing some amazing players. I am in my 4th season, in the second summer transfer window I sold my main striker - Nicolas Lopez (27 goals in 39 apps over 2 seasons)- to Real Sociedad for £4.5M. He now plays for Barca, after signing for £17M. From this, I pocketed another £3.4M from a sell on clause- this is not my proudest moment though. I decided to add a new manager to Barcelona, just to check what his PA/CA is for the worlds best club. According to the assistant manager- JCA attribute of 17, JPA attribute of 16- Nicolas is rated with a current ability of 4 stars, with the potential for 4.5. From this I took immense satisfaction on my development of the player- exactly why I started this game, may many more successful developments occur.

Thanks for taking time to read my achievement (assuming you did read beyond the title). Now what's yours? Please share :)

As I already mentioned today in a World Cup thread, I won the WC once and got to the final once with the Netherlands Antilles. Although I did make their league playable and give all of their clubs good youth setups so maybe it's not as totally amazing an achievement as it sounds.

Proudest moment is the 3-1 final win against Brazil after winning every other game 1-0 it was a massive surprise given my crazily defensive tactics.

As I already mentioned today in a World Cup thread, I won the WC once and got to the final once with the Netherlands Antilles. Although I did make their league playable and give all of their clubs good youth setups so maybe it's not as totally amazing an achievement as it sounds.

Proudest moment is the 3-1 final win against Brazil after winning every other game 1-0 it was a massive surprise given my crazily defensive tactics.

Woah! How many years did it take you before you won it? Sounds pretty good. Personally, I hate international management, even alongside club management.

Woah! How many years did it take you before you won it? Sounds pretty good. Personally, I hate international management, even alongside club management.

I loved it because I was developing the players, but I couldn't stand managing England for example.

First WC appearance was in 2022, first Semi-final was in 2030 (4th), win was in 2038 and came 2nd in 2042 (resigned afterwards because I was so upset that Mexico beat me in the final).

I took the SPL into the top 3 leagues in Europe in FM11, but it was through "creative" game play. It was pretty cool seeing some of the smaller Scottish clubs rising through the European ranks, to the point both European cup finals were played between 4 scottish clubs in 1 season. Having the top 7 in the SPL qualify for Europe each year was funny, although kinda made the split pointless by the end.

The other achievement was taking a young Italian left back from the scrap heap, developing him, selling him to City and watching him become the games best player for about 5 seasons.

I took the SPL into the top 3 leagues in Europe in FM11, but it was through "creative" game play. It was pretty cool seeing some of the smaller Scottish clubs rising through the European ranks, to the point both European cup finals were played between 4 scottish clubs in 1 season. Having the top 7 in the SPL qualify for Europe each year was funny, although kinda made the split pointless by the end.

The other achievement was taking a young Italian left back from the scrap heap, developing him, selling him to City and watching him become the games best player for about 5 seasons.

haha, what an achievement the spl one is, more than half the teams europe :D

How did you get the coefficient that high?

How did you get the coefficient that high?

After the game lost any real challenge because i was so far ahead i started making sure each Scottish team made it to the group stages of the European cups, so basically saving on each game day of the Euro cup or Champs league qualifiers, then i used FMRTE to give the best teams in the SPL sugar daddys and world class managers, which was a chore because for the first 5 season or so the mangers would get poached. After a few years the AI took over and with the money the clubs had they started doing very well in Europe on their own and with the rep being so high they were all able to compete for top players and plus with the money i gave them they all had top training facilities and youth set ups. Eventually when i gave up Scotland was the 3rd best nation in the world, and at least 1 Scottish team made it to the quarters of the European cups. It did take a long long time tho, replaying Partick Thistle away to Liverpool just to get them a draw would sometimes take half an hour of saving and reloading over and over. I played that save for 34 seasons i think, took about 30 to get the SPL into the top 3, but could never break Spain or England for the top spots.

Hence the "creative" game play lol.

I've only ever done an Arsenal once (undefeated in the league for a whole season) in playing 100s of seasons of many saves, and admittedly it was in French Ligue 1, but that save with Arles Avignon was/is my Everest. :D It took me well over 10 seasons of building but the most fulfilling.

FM2008 - Leading a vastly inferior Wales team to 3rd place at WC2014

FM2009 - Champions League group stages with Wrexham

FM2011 - Became an international 'Mr. Fix It'. Rescued Torquay, Braunschweig, Den Bosch & York from relegation a few months from the end of the season, to promotion the next

FM07 - I was managing Redditch, signed a young regen DM called Nathan Baird. Nurtured him, groomed him, I was his mentor, his father figure. I get to League Two, offer from Arsenal. I can't say no, he's a London lad, it's his dream move. 4 years later, he's England Captain. I'm manager of The Netherlands. World Cup final 2014 - we're playing England.

Nathan Baird scores the only goal - his first ever for his country - to win the World Cup. I'm not even angry, I'm not sad. I'm Watford manager now. I break the bank to sign him. Baird comes back to papa.

...I loved that guy...

FM07 - I was managing Redditch, signed a young regen DM called Nathan Baird. Nurtured him, groomed him, I was his mentor, his father figure. I get to League Two, offer from Arsenal. I can't say no, he's a London lad, it's his dream move. 4 years later, he's England Captain. I'm manager of The Netherlands. World Cup final 2014 - we're playing England.

Nathan Baird scores the only goal - his first ever for his country - to win the World Cup. I'm not even angry, I'm not sad. I'm Watford manager now. I break the bank to sign him. Baird comes back to papa.

...I loved that guy...

Beautiful.

...I loved that guy...

sounds amazing, if only I had the time for LLM, just for moments like that.

I think it was the first FM, I got to the FA Cup final with Leigh RMI from the conference. I also got promoted that same season, though it was a close run thing with the cup run almost allowing other teams to pull me back. David McNiven was my star striker, but he got injured before the final. Liverpool beat me 1-0 in front of less than 20 000 fans, they played a reserve side and Heskey got the winner. So I went into League 2 in Europe and something like £1.2 million in the bank. Wonder how much it would have been with a realistic attendance?

On FM 12 so far it would be qualifying for the Champions league quarter finals, despite losing 4-1 in the first leg in the last 16 to FC Porto. My team (Valencia) got their act together, beat them 4-1 in the 2nd leg, then won 5-4 on penalties! I was so happy. Unfortunately I subsequently got knocked out 5-3 on aggregate by Barcelona. Even so, ended up winning The Spanish league and the Spanish cup so still a great season :D .

Yesterday my Boreham Wood (now in BSP) drew at home 2-2 with Crystal Palace (L1) in FA Cup 1st round.

10 days later at the return match my dudes took the early lead with 2-0 and I was so happy, just for my CD to get a red in 18'. A very though battle ensued and it went to penalties, where I was sure I'll lose, because my players are really terrible at Penalty Taking/Composure, but hell yeah, we got it 4-5. I was very very proud. Scorched the hell out of my CD. Unfortunately round 2 was after 2 days and I lost to Hereford (L2) easily due to poor player fitness.

With Lazio in FM2007 I bought a virtually unknown ('regional' rep) American regen MC called Jeremy Stewart for £1M from Servette FC.

By the end of the year he had scored 14 goals, hit 22 assists, broke the Serie A's Man of Match record, helped us to a surprise League/Cup double, won both the Serie A Player of the Year and World Player of the Year and his value had jumped to £35M.

Literally bargain of the new century :D

This...

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq214/avry_2008/YeovilvBarnetOverview.png

In case the screenie doesnt show up, 3-0 down against top of the table Yeovil with an improving Barnet side. Tommy Wright got 4 goals in the last half hour to win the game 4-3 for us. Went a long way towards getting us promoted at the end of that season.

Archived