Rhodolfo

Rossini

rhodolfo.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just signed this commanding Brazilian defender for 9.5 million. Would have liked to have got him cheaper, but Napoli came in with a 9.5 million bid so I had to match it. He has all the good defensive stats needed, he's commanding, strong and pacey.

steep for that price but solid enough.. shame he cant pass though

I always play my centre backs as limited defenders, so his passing doesn't matter to me too much. I can't stand ball playing defenders who can't defend properly anyway, I mean it's a bonus if they are both solid defensively and can pass, but I would have to pay 20-30 million for a defender like that. So a solid, no nonsense centre back for under 10 million who can play at the top level is fine for me!

Jan Vertonghen is a solid defender who can defend brilliantly and pass, and costs no more than £10M.

Rhodolfo looks decent though. I wouldn't pay that much for a CB of that standard, though. Around £6M, sure.

I agree with Vertonghen, but I am only Cardiff City in the middle of my second season. There's no way I can attract a player of Vertonghen's calibre just yet!

is there a cardiff thread? i would love to know how you got on in your cardiff career so far.. im a fan

Unfortunately not, I was looking for it, I was sure there was a Cardiff thread last year but not this year. I am 22 games into my second season and I am currently fifth in the Premier League. Chelsea just knocked me out of the League Cup semi final, but I got revenge by beating them 3-0 away in the league which has to be my best result to date. In my first season I ran away with the Championship title, winning 40, drawing 5 and losing once against West Ham, winning the league with 125 points. I would love to do a Cardiff thread, but I know I wouldn't have time to keep it up to date with my work commitments. You had a go with Cardiff yet welshace? I know I am going completely off topic here so I apologise in advance.

Archived