team talks

can someone please tell me what the point of team talks are on the game? the more motivated a team are, the worst they play!!! i do better not even doing a team talk and letting the players do what they want... its stupid.... bring back the 2011 team talks at least they had an effect..

I have to disagree, at least with my experiences. There's been a good few time when a player has come off the bench after a passionate plea and scored the winner, or i've outlined somebody specific at half time that i have faith and they've looked fired up and played a blinder. You have to learn which players like what type of team talk in which situations to get the best out of them - it's not just general and the same for all players.

It is very difficult for players to pick themselves up if they are going into a game overconfident and complacent and get overrun by a weak opposition. The fact that they find themselves in the situation of losing a game they thought they had already won before they stepped out on the pitch will probably make them really nervous and as time goes they will get more and more nervous at the same time as they want more and more and that might cause them to underperform because they can't relax and play their own game and the longer it goes and the less they get to work the more tense and bad they will play. This is just my guess however.

Archived