Greatest Ever Comeback!

RKW

Not just in terms of goals behind, but also remember the quality of your opposition and the quality of your side. Mine has to be going 3-1 behind as Wales v. Germany, and then coming back to win 4-3, with a deflected free-kick and two Joe Ledley masterful goals. Exhilarating.

Not just in terms of goals behind, but also remember the quality of your opposition and the quality of your side. Mine has to be going 3-1 behind as Wales v. Germany, and then coming back to win 4-3, with a deflected free-kick and two Joe Ledley masterful goals. Exhilarating.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Django_93:

Carling Cup Final i go 4-0 down against arsenal(im liverpool) peter crouch scores 6 in the second halficon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell? That's insane!

It was when I was playing with Man utd. It's the Champions league semi final first leg at Old Trafford and i'm playing Inter Milan. I lose 2-1 icon_frown.gif I thought that was us out. So I play the 2nd leg and to my surprise, my team play out of this world - especially Tevez who gets a hattrick and we beat them 3-1 so we go through 4-3 on aggregate. Thats probably my best ever comeback! Tears of joy icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blight 00:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Django_93:

Carling Cup Final i go 4-0 down against arsenal(im liverpool) peter crouch scores 6 in the second halficon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell? That's insane! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not insane...that's Football Manager 2008.

mine is not a comeback but anyway - i'm playing as newcastle against portsmouth away. in the first half my players score 3 goals for a 0-3 lead at half time. until the 60-th minute it was already 3-3 and i was wondering what the hell happened to my players. then steven taylor gets sent off for a professional foul in the penalty area. shay given saved the penalty! then joey barton gets sent off for a second yellow in the 80-th minute. i made a sub - put smith for owen in midfield and played with no strikers. in the 94-th minute of the 3 minute added time shay given launched a long ball and smith got it and rounded the keeper and it was 3-4 for my 9-men team. i just couldn't believe this. how great is that!!

mine has to be with blackburn in the eufa cup group stage, i was playing away at villarreal and 2-1 down at half time, then after 60 minutes i was 4-1 down, looking dead and buried with 30 minutes left. I then went on and won 6-4 icon_biggrin.gif with 2 goals in added time

i would post a screen shot but dont know how too

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coop7774:

myyy best ever comeback was celtic vs rangers.. i was 54-0 down at half time, 5-0 ten mins into the second half

came back to draw the game with 2 goals in stoppage time..

haha that was a good one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, 54 - 0 down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe 007:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coop7774:

myyy best ever comeback was celtic vs rangers.. i was 54-0 down at half time, 5-0 ten mins into the second half

came back to draw the game with 2 goals in stoppage time..

haha that was a good one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he meant 4-0.

My best comeback was in the Champions Cup quarter-final. The first leg in Milan was drawn 0-0, so we had no away goals. The second leg at Old Trafford started terribly, at half time AC Milan were 3-0 up, with three away goals. In the second half, I played 4-3-3 attacking, with mentality set to 'All out attack' and 'counter-attack' ticked, we won the game 5-3, with the last goal scored by Giggs in the 87th minute. Sadly we lost the semi final to Barcelona icon_frown.gif

Wow, 54 - 0 down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:

Originally posted by Blight 00:

quote:

Originally posted by Django_93:

Carling Cup Final i go 4-0 down against arsenal(im liverpool) peter crouch scores 6 in the second half

That's not insane...that's Football Manager 2008. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it was 07

Guest arrogantio

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:

quote:

Carling Cup Final i go 4-0 down against arsenal(im liverpool) peter crouch scores 6 in the second half

That's not insane...that's Football Manager 2008. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it was 07 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah... the beauty of a target man with a 1 point advantage in jumping over the man marking him. Were any of the goals near post headers, by any chance?

I had a few decent comebacks but I remember one specifically, though it was a 2 goal comeback. I was Arsenal playing who-knows-who and was 1:0 down, it wasn't an important game so I just set it to all out attack and laid back in my chair and I did something else for the rest of the game. Then Adebayor scored 2 injury time goals to win the game 2:1... Fairly decent, but not as nearly as 6 C®ouch goalsicon_smile.gif

Here's a strange one from FM 06, my Man Utd team, with probably the best defence in the game, loose 10-1 to Barcelona, in the next leg, with an allout atack tactic, manage to score 9 goals, I would have went through on away goals, but on the 95th (!!!) minute, Ronaldinho scored a tap in. 11-10 to Barcelona... I was gutted for about a month icon_frown.gif

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's not insane...that's Football Manager 2008.

Actually it was 07

Ah... the beauty of a target man with a 1 point advantage in jumping over the man marking him. Were any of the goals near post headers, by any chance? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

two or 3 yeaicon_smile.gif

I'm Liverpool and 2-1 down after the first half at Old Trafford in the 2010-11 season. I change my tactics to all out attack with a 3-5-2 with 2 wingbacks and in the team talk, set everyone to angry and then 5 goals in the 2nd half. Wow!!

Probably beats my Liv-Barca {0-1,0-2,1-2,1-3,2-3,3-3,4-3} comeback by a mile.

Jurgen Cavens 6' Michael Owen 24',69'

Jonathan Evans 28' Fernando Torres 57',83'

Jonathan Evans injured 73' Steven Gerrard 71'

i done this on 07 can i see a screen?

On the super Crouch and comeback theme: I was playing Pool (FM 07) and was 3-1 up, they bring on Crouch in the 63rd minute, 90th minute, 3-3, 2 Crouch goals and EIGHT shots from him, 8 shots in 27 minutes. It was literally Crouch against us, yeh maybe they made tall players a little too good on 07(he was actually doing MAJOR damage rampaging down my left wing.........).

• 2 weeks later...

It was the 2006 Champions league final. I was Liverpool and we were 3-0 down at half time. I rallied the troops and we clawed it back to 3-3. It went to penalties and Dudek saved against Sheva. It was great.

Oh wait no, sorry that was real life.

Never done a great comeback. Only against me Eg. 5-1 up at Half "Dont get complacent" lose 6-5 usual FM style.

I was Everton and playing in the UEFA cup quarter-final against Bayern Munich. Lost first leg at home 4-0. I thought all was lost but in the away leg, I managed to score two goals before halftime. I put on James Vaughan for Yakubu. Bayern scored 1 more goal from a penalty but Vaughan scored an amazing hat-trick in the last 15 mins. Won on away goals rule.

Mine was in the last 16 of the Champions League, as Arsenal I drew 1-1 away to HSV of Germany, and was a little annoyed as I'd done enough to win the game but I said to myself "I got the crucial away goal"...

25 minutes into the 2nd leg and I'm 3 nil down, and they'd only had 2 shots - the 3rd goal being an own goal - making it 4-1 on aggregate thus I have to score 4 to go through.

Van Persie scored twice in 5 minutes before half time leaving me with 2 goals to find in the 2nd half. Eduardo scored with 20 minutes to go leaving HSV winning on away goals, then with only 6 minutes left on the clock Van Persie completes his hat trick, and for the 1st time in the tie we were ahead and that's the way it stayed, and we went on to win the title that season, so that's why it was my greatest comeback, defaintley my most thrilling game to date.

Playing as Liverpool, I was away at Man Yoo where we went 3-0 up inside 20mins and just before half time Rio was sent off for a professional foul. icon_biggrin.gif

Second half and crushingly Man Yoo score goals on 46, 48, 51, 57 and 77 mins. Result 5-3 icon_frown.gif :angry:

Yes, my PC may have beat me at football manager; but it was no match for me at Kick-Boxing.

Haven't really had to have a comeback. Probably my greatest was against Portsmouth when playing as Sheff Wed in the premiership. Was 1-0 behind before equalising. Then Portsmouth took it to 3-1 before we got 2 late goals to equalise. Nothing special though.

Wycombe versus Aab, UEFA Cup first round, home leg.

It was 3 or 4 seasons into the game, Wycombe was mid championship table. Won previous League Cup not having to play anybody serious until the semi final and final (Reading & Portsmouth). The rest was taken cared by the miraculous attacking duo: Rence Van der Wal + Craig Lindfield.

Half time: 0-2, hairdrier treatment. An hour gone, 0-3. I was ready to sub Van der Wal, who missed every one-on-one we created. Lindfield then headed on a deep cross. From an impossible angle, Van der Wal thumped it home. Right off the restart, we won the ball, sent it to van der Wal to circumvate their entire defense to score again. 2-3. Wycombe ended up winning 4-3 with minutes to spare. That was pretty frigging exhilarating.

Met Arsenal in the semi final of the League Cup, away leg.

Half-time, 0-2, again the hair dryer treatment. Lindfield took over, scoring 3 within 15 minutes. Changed to a more conservative playing style to protect the lead, only for Adebayor hitting the post twice before finally equalized. I was satisfied enough with an away draw before Lindfield scored his 4th in the 93rd minute. 4-3!!! Hahah, pwned, Wenger!!!!

Sadly, there was a second leg to play. With them itching to revenge, and our sooper sekrit WMD not so motivated having proven their points, there was no other surprise. Arsenal spanked Wycombe 5-1. It was ugly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dafuge .:

You want a f****** comeback?

3-0 up as Villa against Sunderland, lost 6-3, Chopra scoring 5, that's s****** up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3-0 up against Spurs in the FA cup as Norwich at half time, thinking I'm onto a right little earner with a good cup run, 2nd half Berba scores 4, Bent gets one and Benoit Assou f*****g Ekouto or whatever his name is even manages to get 1!

Not totally in line with the subject, but i had two 4-3 comebacks and a 6-4 comeback in four games, all with players praising my team talks in the media afterwards. I said the same thing at half time, and used the same tactic in the second half three times. Quite amazing.

(The other game was a 1-0 loss to Blackburn incase you were wondering)

• 8 years later...

FM13, I was managing Zenit St. Petersburg, I think it was QF (or second round), not sure anymore) of Champions League in 2018/19 season. We lost the first match to PSG away 1-4, and it was 1-1 at half time in the return leg. In the second half we score 4 unaswered goals, winning 5-1 and 6-5 on aggregate.

We lost in the next round against ManUtd, but I got a job offer from PSG after the season, won 5 league titles in next 5 years and won the Champions league twice.

Back on FM13 I made it to the Champions League Semi Final where I played Manchester United. In the 1st leg I collapsed with a 5-1 defeat at Old Trafford. The 2nd leg was one of history. I still don't know how I done it 

Newport County 7-2 Manchester United (Champions Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg)

Manchester United lead 5-1 after the 1st leg

Goal-friendly Man Utd suffered a 7-2 defeat against Newport Co on a wet evening at Newport Co Stadium.

Striker Ryan Fuller gave Newport County the lead with a nice effort from 12 metres in the 23rd minute. Then followed controversy as Newport County were denied claims by experienced full-back Mark Watson for a penalty.

Fuller added his 2nd goal of the game with a fine header from point-blank range on 57 minutes. Burke scored with a superb chip over the keeper from 19 metres in the 71st minute to extend the lead further.

Burke added his 2nd goal of the game with a fierce shot on 75 minutes. Striker Sewnet Odhiambo pulled one back for Manchester United after 84 minutes with a freak goal.

The Manchester United fans might have hoped that Odhiambo had scored the winner but it was not to be. Binet had no trouble in scoring from the spot when Odhiambo conceded a penalty.

Extra Time

Binet had no trouble in scoring from the spot when Legros conceded a penalty. An error from Newport County's Kenny Kennedy allowed experienced striker Gian Luca Andreoli to score a good header from just inside the six-yard box. Burke completed the rout on 115 minutes with an incisive finish from 12 metres.

Burke's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Newport Co therefore win 8-7 on aggregate.

Player of the Match: Rory Burke (Newport Co)
Attendance: 26,989

Didn't complete the comeback, but on FM 15, I was managing Smartno in Slovenia. We got into the Europa League through the fair play backdoor and eventually got drawn with Bordeaux.

We lost the away leg 4-0, and conceded early in the return leg to go down 5-0 on aggregate. I decided we might as well go down fighting, so I instructed the team to go all-out attack. We ended up losing on away goals, 5-5 aggregate. :D

This is more technically a near miss, and not in a single match. However.....on one of the old fm's, I was 8th in league 2 going into the final game against 7th placed gillingham, who were 3 points and 15 GD better off than me.

I went 7-0 up inside 70 minutes, genuinely excited about making the playoffs in extraordinary circumstances, but somehow I never got that 8th goal to I return the GD.

one of those never to be forgotten fm moments.

Gareth, that doesn't count as it was in extra time. Only joking, that's some comeback!

I'm sure I've had better than this next one before but can't remember the details. However, I've just won 5-2 away to QPR after being 2-0 down at HT. It wasn't just the 5 goals we scored in the comeback that impressed me, but more so how we managed to score straight from the kick off at the start of the 2nd half and twice more within 4 minutes.

So we were 3-2 up within 4min of the restart and then scored two more.

378120_20160821233643_1.png

Archived