Can't offer non-contract terms anymore?

Hi there,

Playing with Maidenhead in the BBS. First season, had plenty of players on non-contract terms, and could sign players/renew contracts on that basis.

However, at some point late in the first season I lost this option on all players, whether new ones or renewing contracts. I still have some players on non-contract terms, but I can only offer part-time or youth contracts (where applicable). I have tried setting the squad status to every option, tried changing the wage, bonuses etc. and cannot do it.

Is there something I have done (checked a box somewhere etc), or could it be because I'm quite over budget and have been for a while and the club is financially not too good? Surely non-contract terms would be a better option for a club in my situation??

Thanks

not done it on fm12 yet but i assume the options still there, when you offer one year contracts at non league level you can include a clause to release the player at any time so although you have to pay them every week you can offload them whenever you like free of compo, not what you wanted i know but might help if you haven't noticed it, i always used it on fm11

• 7 months later...

I am gloucester city manager in my season and notice i cannot offer any non-contract deals...only part time.

I have been able to offer non-contract deals at previous clubs e.g. forest green, but it wont allow me to at gloucester.

Anyone have any reason for this? I assumed all amateur clubs allowed non-contract terms for signing players??

I am gloucester city manager in my season and notice i cannot offer any non-contract deals...only part time.

I have been able to offer non-contract deals at previous clubs e.g. forest green, but it wont allow me to at gloucester.

Anyone have any reason for this? I assumed all amateur clubs allowed non-contract terms for signing players??

I had some weird contract issues with Bath City, and was told that this was the "real life" setup. I checked in the editor, and each club can be set up to be able to offer different kinds of contracts to different kinds of players (squad status). So one club might be able to only offer P/T contracts, while another might also be allowed to offer N/C to all or only some players.

For Bath it is like this (which makes no sense):

Full time - Key Player/First Team

Part time - Backup/Rotation

Non-Contract - Youngster/Hot prospect

For a club like Southport in the same division, the rules are different.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I've got Daventry Town promoted into the Conference (via the Conference North) and I can still offer non-contract terms to players.

Its great when you have a paltry weekly wage budget of £4k to have your bench and reserves on pay as you play!

Archived