+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 1585

Thread: Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post

Ha! Never seen this before! I was there to see Doria get his first cap actually....
    I got something similar when there was a brief period on FM11 when I made sure to catch each Old Farm.

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, September 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 U.S Cittá di Palermo (Serie A TIM)
    Our first game back in the top flight and we got off to a great start when debutant Paolo Sarzi fired low into the corner of the net. However, the referees were indeed against us, as in the 95th minute, a full 3 minutes after the added on time had expired, a free-kick was slung in and headed home to deny us the win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Udinese Calcio (Serie A TIM)
    Paolo Sarzi was flashed a straight red for a two footed tackle on 29 minutes, but we held out untl the 77th minute before they headed home from a corner to hand us the loss

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Ekranas (UEFA Europa League, Group J)
    A depressing match, which showed us we have a LOT to do to stay at this level regularly. Their 5' 10" midfielder got the better of my 5' 3" right back and his looping header just beat my 6' keeper who was in for a tired 6' 2" regular. On inches, are such things decided.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Cesena (Serie A TIM)
    Carlo Alberto Vinci was our hero in this one. The backup striker got on the end of a great through ball to give us our first win this season in the league.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 S.S Lazio (Serie A TIM)
    Two minutes cost us in this. First, we conceded a soft penalty on 38 minutes which was duly converted, then Mirco Doria palmed a fierce shot into his own net while attempting the save two minutes later. Another own goal, this time for us, gave some hope, but we couldn't finish.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 U.C Sampdoria (Serie A TIM)
    Paolo Sarzi was back for this game after his suspension and his two goals gave us the great win.

Semi Pro

Chuffed to bits this thread is still going. Even happier to see you in the top flight!!

I've just purchased FM12, so I'm going to have a little play around tonight, and start a new Italian thread in the next few days.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by withnail316 View Post
    Chuffed to bits this thread is still going. Even happier to see you in the top flight!!

I've just purchased FM12, so I'm going to have a little play around tonight, and start a new Italian thread in the next few days.
    Thanks man! Hope it goes well and I'll be following when you do!

Third Team

More upgrades..

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, October 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Fenerbahçe S.K (UEFA Europa League, Group J)
    Sergio Corallo scored what was to be the winner on 13 minutes, breaking through and slotting home into the corner.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 AC Milan (Serie A TIM)
    Oh FFS. We lost Sergio Corallo for 2 months and lost to an acutely angled goal that Doria really should have had.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Torino F.C (Serie A TIM)
    Another frustrating match. We went 0-1 down, but equalised just before half time through Paolo Sarzi. Slim Saidi then scored his first for the club later on in the second and, bar 2 minutes of stoppage, we had another 3 points. However, on 94 minutes, their striker acrobatically hooked home a dramatic equaliser..

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Rubin Kazan (UEFA Europa League, Group J)
    This was a good result against a much better side.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Fiorentina (Serie A TIM)
    This game was wild. We went 0-1 down with 10 minutes to go in the first, then lost Simone Pettinari to a second yellow card in first half ET. Carlo Alberto Vinci netted an unlikely equaliser two minutes after the restart and, although we lost Amedeo Del Nevo to a straight red for two feet, we held on for a hard-fought draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 6 ChievoVerona (Serie A TIM)
    This game was my worst result ever as Santarcangelo manager. They scored 6 goals on 8 shots and, to compound matters, Davide Ranieri was dismissed in the last minute for a second yellow after conceding their penalty. Oddly enough he still finished the game with a 7.1 rating.. .

Amateur

Brilliant start to the month, but a rather depressing finish. Where does that leave you in the tables? You look like a strong chance for the next round in the Europa League.

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, November 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Parma (Serie A TIM)
    We held our own well until the 85th minute when a shot on the turn from the edge of the area found the top corner.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Rubin Kazan (UEFA Europa League, Group J)
    Another decent result against the Russians, leaving us in a decent position to qualify.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Atalanta (Serie A TIM)
    We lost full back Simone Pettinari to a straight red and also conceded an OG within 10 mins. Luckily, Matteo Colombi's blast, just after HT, gave us a point.

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 Varese (Serie A TIM)
    We recovered to rout Varese 4-0. Carlo Alberto Vinco, Paolo Sarzi, Francesco Valentini and Amedeo Del Nevo all combined to give the team a big lift with the three points..

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Cagliari (Serie A TIM)
    Ugh. We were dire. Not even the sub appearance of a returning Sergio Corallo could lift us.

Santarcangelo Calcio e3 - 1 Novara AET (TIM Coppa Italia Fourth Qualifying Round)
    We went behind just before HT. However, Larnell Fitzpatrick levelled it up with a header 10 mins after HT and that's the way it stayed until ET, when goals in each half of ET by Filippo Cancelli and Sergio Corallo saw advance to the First Round.

-------------------------------------------------------

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    Brilliant start to the month, but a rather depressing finish. Where does that leave you in the tables? You look like a strong chance for the next round in the Europa League.
    We're currently 14th in Serie A TIM, but holding our own. We need to beat Ekaranas to have any chance of going through really.

Third Team

Oh my. This is the most tempted I've ever been... What do you think, FMCU?
    Last edited by Deisler26; 15-02-2012 at 07:15.

Semi Pro

Tough decision Deisler. Me...I'd take it but I suppose it depends if you think you can take Santarcangelo Calcio any further.

Amateur

Wow, that's almost the perfect job for you. How have they been doing in recent seasons?

Part-Timer

Easy to say take it because Dortmund are a great club. I would be more inclined to try and make Santarcangelo an established top flight club before moving on.

Reserves

Wow, but I thought this was about Italy so stay on this occasion.

Youth Team

Great offer... but I'd stay in Italy. There's plenty still to achieve with Santarcangelo!

Third Team

Most of you know me well. I rejected the deal. The basis was to take Santarcangelo into Serie A and keep them there. I haven't done that yet.

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, December 2024 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 AS Roma (Serie A TIM)
    91st minute defeat. Gutted.

Santarcangelo Calcio 5 - 0 Ekaranas (UEFA Europa League, Group J)
    We were third in the group, equal on points with second-placed Rubin Kazan, but with a vastly inferior goal difference. We certainly changed that however as FOUR goals from Paolo Sarzi and an own goal put us in a winner-take-all situation in the last game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Genoa (Serie A TIM)
    Two goals in three minutes midway through the first half was as exciting as it got. Paolo Sarzi popped up with the equaliser on 24 mins after we'd gone behind.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 FC Internazionale (Serie A TIM)
    We withstood a siege to snatch a point.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Fenerbahçe S.K (UEFA Europa League, Group J)
    The premise was simple. Win and we were through to the Knockout Stages. Draw or lose and we were out pretty much. The dream died in three short second half minutes. Simone Pettinari saw red for a two-footed tackle on 52 mins, Rubin Kazan then took the lead against Ekranas a minute later in Russia then finally, Fenerbahçe scored on 55 minutes to top it off. We were given a lifeline on 72 mins with a penalty scored by Stefano Guarardi . We just couldn't break though otherwise and went out of the tournament. Looking back, it was the defeat to Ekranas that did us, all the way back in Gameday 1. That 0-1 defeat was their only points and only goal in the tournament.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Juventus (Serie A TIM)
    Paolo Sarzi netted a late penalty, but we were already 0-2 down.

------------------------------------------------------

No idea on how or if I'm going to upgrade the team during the winter break. Nunzio Novelli is making noises about being unhappy at Atalanta, so he could be a target.

Semi Pro

I feel your pain.

Ekranas shockingly knocked my Galatasaray side out of the Europa League once on FM11, I beat them 1-0 in Lithuania and they scored2 fluke goals and knocked me out in Istanbul. I've been wanting to get them back for a while now.

Third Team

AWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAAHHH

Third Team

So, he actually cost me £2m in the end.

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, January 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Brescia Calcio (Serie A TIM)
    Ah, this was one of those games. Brescia won the game WITHOUT HAVING A SINGLE SHOT ON TARGET.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 S.S.C Napoli (Serie A TIM)
    Davide Cristiano netted the equaliser as I just threw this team at Napoli.

Santarcangelo Calcio p1 - 1 AS Roma (4-2 on pens) (TIM Coppa Italia First Round)
    A REALLY tight game had to go to ET to see the first goal. Amedeo Del Nevo firing home on 110 minutes to start the celebrations, only for Roma to equalise on 120 mins, thanks to a close-range free-kick. So it was to penalties. Paolo Sarzi confidently placed his in the corner to start us off, whilst Mirco Doria saved their first effort moments earlier. We then netted our next two pens, before missing our fourth.. They stepped up for #4 and put it wide. It was down to Luca Buldrini to send us through and he did so emphatically, ramming it home into the top corner.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Cittá di Palermo (Serie A TIM)
    A deadly double from Paolo Sarzi gave us a vital win here, while Mirco Doria saved his second penalty in two games..

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Udinese Calcio (Serie A TIM)
    We utterly battered Udinese, to the extent that they had one shot all game. But our old problem, being unable to finish, reared it's ugly head.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Brescia Calcio (TIM Coppa Italia Quarter Final)
    We put our recent woes behind us to put ourselves in the Semi Finals for the second year running! An own goal set us on our way before goals from Matteo Colombi and his midfield partner Amedeo Del Nevo put this game beyond doubt.

------------------------------------------------------

On the transfer front, I received word that Nunzio Novelli was unhappy at Atalanta and wanted out. He had become alienated and the time could be right for him to return to the club, a la Mirco Doria. So I put out a little word with the press that I was interested in signing Novelli. I claimed that this club made him, he had it in his blood and the time was right for him to come home. He promptly said no in the press. Gutted. However, later on, Atlanta offered him to us for £3.9m. I took their hands off and made the deal. I also then made £1.9m back through the 50% sell on clause, so in reality, he only cost me £2m! Also coming in was FC Internazionale defender Andrea Raia who, again, was offered to us and at a bargain £250k. Again, I snapped him up.

Leaving the club was young striker Davide Cristiano. At £2.7m + 50% to Juventus, I couldn't say no, especially as he was complaining of no game time! DC/DM Janusz Grunt continued to moan about being homesick, so when Atalanta came in with a £4m co-ownership offer, I took their arm off.

Nice to knock Roma out the cup. Novelli looks a nice signing .

Youth Team

Great wins in the cup. Looks like you've made two great young signings aswell.

Amateur

Excellent efforts in the cup again, some smooth business in the transfer market as well. Not a fantastic month in the league but based on your efforts against the likes of Palermo and Udinese staying up shouldn't be a problem this time around. I'm also picking back-to-back Coppa Italia victories ;)

Third Team

You've become quite the Coppa Italia expert

Hopefully your efforts will see you survive this season and it's nice to see Novelli come back t the club.

Third Team

This is the difference between Nunzio Novelli's two arrivals at the club

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Nice to knock Roma out the cup. Novelli looks a nice signing .
    I'm well chuffed he's back to be honest.

Youth Team

A much better player, hes really grown mentally and physically.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Great wins in the cup. Looks like you've made two great young signings aswell.
    Thanks man, yeah I'm stoked for them both. Novelli on his return and Raia for his permanent move.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    A much better player, hes really grown mentally and physically.
    When he left, he was and is still the club's record sale at £4.5m

Third Team

Excellent efforts in the cup again, some smooth business in the transfer market as well. Not a fantastic month in the league but based on your efforts against the likes of Palermo and Udinese staying up shouldn't be a problem this time around. I'm also picking back-to-back Coppa Italia victories ;)
    I do hope so dude. The cup is good because in one-off games, I would pick us to beat anyone in Italy.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    You've become quite the Coppa Italia expert

Hopefully your efforts will see you survive this season and it's nice to see Novelli come back at the club.
    I've always been better at cups than the league. It's the one-game-at-a-time fomat that seems to work well for me.

And I'm totally made up for him coming back. I was worried when he publicly stated he didn't want to come back, but once he was offered to me, I knew he was mine!

Massive difference in Novelli.

Third Team

Massive difference in Novelli.
    It's what happens when youngster's get a lot of game time.

It's what happens when youngster's get a lot of game time.
    Really?? Would never have known that ;) .

Third Team

Really?? Would never have known that ;) .
    Your sarcasm detector must be off again. Give it a Fonzie. ;)

Your sarcasm detector must be off again. Give it a Fonzie. ;)
    eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;)

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, February 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Cesena (Serie A TIM)
    Just had no penetration really.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Atalanta (TIM Coppa Italia Semi Final, Leg 1)
    A great home draw against an in-form side.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 S.S Lazio (Serie A TIM)
    Paolo Sarzi netted the equaliser to give us yet another draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 U.C Sampdoria (Serie A TIM)
    The same pattern as most of our draws this season. Went behind and then equalised through Francesco Valentini.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 AC Milan (Serie A TIM)
    Man, they must hate me right now. Amadeo Del Nevo put us into the lead, but we conceded on the stroke of half-time. However, midway through the second half, it was our own signing from AC Milan last summer, Davide Ranieri, who scored the winnner.

Third Team

DC Vincenzo Benassi

DC Simone Longhi

DR Andrea Massetti

I'm not signing Mirco Angelli, simply as he's an AML and hasn't got the level to change into either a DL or ST

Part-Timer

Torrisi is a limited defender. Both his ability and his potential are very limited

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by emgergo View Post
    Torrisi is a limited defender. Both his ability and his potential are very limited
    Ah, what wit. Or at least half of it. ;)

Part-Timer

Not a big fan of the incoming youth intake - looks like one of your weakest recently, I think

Youth Team

Longhi and Massetti both have strong physicals for their age which is a bonus, should make them easier to develop and give game time.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by abulezz View Post
    Not a big fan of the incoming youth intake - looks like one of your weakest recently, I think
    I'm not either. However, it may be to do with the higher level of my squad overall

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, March 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Torino FC (Serie A TIM)
    An own goal put us in the lead, before Matteo Colombi's fierce strike on 85 minutes settled the game.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 ChievoVerona (Serie A TIM)
    Ngggh.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Fiorentina(Serie A TIM)
    A dull draw between two teams at the foot of the table

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Parma FC (Serie A TIM)
    Amadeo Del Nevo rescued a point as we managed to finish the month, 6 points clear.

Think you will stave off relegation this time round?

Amateur

Lots of draws, hopefully you can turn a few more of those into victories, you don't deserve to go straight back down again

Reserves

On FM11 I had a similar thing that you had with Novelli (though in my case the player had been sold before I arrived) and was amused to get the discount.

Third Team

Poor Gullit...

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, April 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio p0 - 0 Atalanta (3-2 on pens) (TIM Coppa Italia Semi Final, Leg 2)
    An tight, bitty game saw us go 120 mins without a goal again, into the lottery of penalties. Mirco Doria was our hero, saving three of five penalties as we booked our passage into the final.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Atalanta (Serie A TIM)
    In a feisty encounter, days after we had knocked them out the cup, we had to rely on our midfield to get us through as Remo Cristiani and Matteo Colombi scored the goals to salvage a draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 2 Varese (Serie A TIM)
    Two goals from Paolo Sarzi twice gave us the lead, before a late goal from Slim Saidi wrapped up the win and gave us more hope of avoiding the drop.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Cagliari (Serie A TIM)
    I don't want to be losing these late games, dammit....

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 AS Roma (Serie A TIM)
    Smash and grab raid on Roma, as Sergio Corallo scored late in the second to give us a priceless win

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 1 Genoa (Serie A TIM)
    Struggling Genoa went down to 10 early on, then were badly beaten by a Carlo Alberto Vinci hat-trick... So close to staying up...

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, May 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 6 F.C Internazionale (Serie A TIM)
    This..... was not good.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Juventus (Serie A TIM)
    The Old Lady was mugged on this occasion as we conducted a smash n' grab on Juve with a Sergio Corallo goal. This result saw us mathmatically safe.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Brescia Calcio (Serie A TIM)
    A lone goal from Amadeo Del Nevo was the only thing mustered from a team with both eyes on the Cup Final.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 S.S.C Napoli (Serie A TIM)
    Dull, boring, flat. The perfect end to a season of survival

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0p Parma (2-3 on pens) (TIM Coppa Italia Final)
    120 mins of pure torture, with neither side getting many clear-cut chances. Penalties beckoned and, again, Mirco Doria saved the first penalty. It was to be our bright spot as first Remo Cristiani missed, then Sergio Corallo and finally, most crucially, Andrea Raia missed, gifting Parma the cup win and us some more broken dreams.

-----------------—--------

We eventually finished 14th in Serie A TIM, some 5 points clear of the drop zone. The joy was short-lived as we failed to take home the TIM Coppa Italia again.

Now, I've completed my target that I set out to do when I started this save. Take a team playing Catenaccio all the way from Lega Pro Seconda Divisione to Serie A TIM and keep them up. So, I suppose the question is; Do I stay? Or seek other climes?
    Last edited by Deisler26; 19-02-2012 at 23:56.

Third Team

Amateur

Surely you stay. Surely. Youve bored Italy to death with you 1-0 Catenaccio football, now inflict the same pain on Europe! Well done staying up too, and shame about the cup!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcain View Post
    Surely you stay. Surely. Youve bored Italy to death with you 1-0 Catenaccio football, now inflict the same pain on Europe! Well done staying up too, and shame about the cup!
    I want to, man. But I'm also feeling the wanderlust..

Part-Timer

What would be your options if you were to leave?

I woulld personally stay on, as there is so much more you could accomplish!

I would give it at least another season.

Reserves

There's more to do in Italy at other clubs if you need to.

Semi Pro

As abulezz said, what would be your options if you were to leave?

Youth Team

Great job staying up, shame you couldn't add another Coppa Italia to put the cherry on the cake.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcain View Post
    Youve bored Italy to death with you 1-0 Catenaccio football, now inflict the same pain on Europe!
    I agree.

Third Team

Well, I'm definitely staying until the end of the season. I think it will depend a lot on my youth intake as I need some younger replacements for the players in their prime.

Third Team

I'm not ashamed to say, I just looked up flights and hotel accomodation to go to Santarcangelo for a game....

Youth Team

That'd be awesome! Are you going?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    That'd be awesome! Are you going?
    It's getting it by the wife. I'd have to include a trip to Rome as well... Geographically, however, it'd be Stansted to Rimini, then 16k to Santarcangelo Di Romanga.

Amateur

I discovered this amazing career only today!! Wonderful hmmm xy hours of reading Keep it up and stay in there! I'm very impressed you never gave up despite all the game / saves crashes, I would've been discouraged by those.

Reserves

I'm not ashamed to say, I just looked up flights and hotel accomodation to go to Santarcangelo for a game....
    Brilliant stuff.

Amateur

If it'd help to convince wife, very near there is also San Marino... and women love that place

Semi Pro

Flying to go watch the rubbish team you manage in FM.. that's amazing dedication.

I quite like the way you rescue back players you had to sell previously, Doria's comeback has been wildly successful and I hope Novelli's goes the same way.

Love it . On FM10 I got so into a game as Torquay Utd that I ended up going to a game.

Banned

Quality stuff mate, keep up the great work.

Part-Timer

That would be pretty awesome.

There was a pretty good thread in GD (it does happen sometimes) with someone travelling a distance to watch a club he had grown to love due to FM. Think it was FC Oss he went to see. Said the club were really good to him and the game was very high scoring draw, 3-3 or 4-4, can't remeber the exact score. Sounded like he had a ball though

Youth Team

Yeah i've just read an article of a guy who came from Brazil to watch Accrington Stanley, he had taken them to premiership glory on FM but i think he genuinly supported them. You should definitly go though, would be a great experience.

Semi Pro

The joys of moving around, you don't get attached

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    The joys of moving around, you don't get attached
    Aww, but I've missed this side. Genuinely!

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, August 2025 Review

We had our pitch re-laid and work started on our new youth facilities and our stadium increases in the off-season. Our brief was to again avoid relegation with a £210k wage budget and a £17.13m transfer budget. Again, all I want to do is stay up..

---------------------------------------------------

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Varese (TIM Coppa Italia Third Qualifying Round)
    This was just s****y. We barely got into gear all game and in the 58th minute, a hard angled shot from the edge of the area was redirected by the Varese striker's head, leaving Doria only able to palm the ball into the net.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 S.S Lazio (Serie A TIM)
    Francesco Cortini put us into the lead early on with a deft header and Sergio Corallo put us back in the lead on 64 mins after we'd conceded just before HT. However, a win wasn't to be as we conceded late on to start the season with a credible 2-2 draw.

----------------------------------------------------

No major signings to note this August. First off, talented Brazilian midfielder Filipe came in on a free from Santos along with veteran striker Federico Macheda, also on a free. The main cash spent was a £1m deal for youth DM Giuseppe Santangelo from Varese. We also signed three players to youth contracts. German AMC Kai Gensler, French AMC Johan Dumont and, finally, Portuguese ST Dani Rodrigues. I'll put up their sats if I sign them.

First out the door was DM Çağatay Topraktepe. He'll be an exceptional talent, but a S.S.C Napoli offer of £6m + 50% is too much to turn down.. English D/MC Larnell Fitzpatrick headed back to the homeland and Coventry City for the sum of £1.5m. Also leaving was AMC Matteo Colombi for £2.9m to Livorno and MC Davide Ranieri to Parma FC for £2.5m + 50%. That was a loss, but with Del Nevo and now Filipe ahead of him, his opportunities were limited. Finally, youth starlet Daniel Giannoni was snapped up by Paris Saint Germain for £2.1m + 50%. He'll be a great talent and hopefully, I can profit by it.

Semi Pro

Good to see you back, man. Not used to you having money though... after all those years of boards giving you nothing but an order to cut your wages, seeing a transfer budget of £17m is just alien to me!

Third Team

Good to see you back, man. Not used to you having money though... after all those years of boards giving you nothing but an order to cut your wages, seeing a transfer budget of £17m is just alien to me!
    Thanks dude. Well, I'm still not spending it if that helps! ;)

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, September 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 F.C Internazionale (Serie A TIM)
    A good defensive performance ground us out the point here.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 AC Milan (Serie A TIM)
    We worked hand and the only slip the defence made all game left the Milan striker free to condemn us to defeat.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Empoli FC (Serie A TIM)
    Paolo Sarzi put us ahead with a placed shot into the corner, then Amedeo Del Nevo doubled our lead in the second half with a fine run and shot.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Juve Stabia (Serie A TIM)
    Federico Macheda was our hero in this one, netting his first ever goal for the club after Francesco Cortini's strike was beaten out by the keeper.

------------------------------------------------

We were 10th at the end of the month, however, our next match is against S.S.C Napoli, who have racked up the following scores in the last three games. 6-1, 4-0 and 9-0. Oh.

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, October 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 S.S.C Napoli (Serie A TIM)
    We snuffed out the most potent strikeforce in the league with a stiffling defensive peformance.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Udinese Calcio (Serie A TIM)
    Paolo Sarzi netted the game winner.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Brescia Calcio (Serie A TIM)
    Disappointing draw to be honest.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 U.C Sampdoria (Serie A TIM)
    Filipe bobbled home his first for the club and a Paolo Sarzi double put the tin hat on this game.

Amateur

Some very impressive results this season mate, only one loss in the league so far too!

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, November 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Atalanta (Serie A TIM)
    Slim Saidi's goal rescued the point for us here.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Nocerina (Serie A TIM)
    A REALLY disappointing draw against the rock-bottom club.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 ChievoVerona (Serie A TIM)
    Paolo Sarzi put us ahead with a placed shot into the cornerto give us the win.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Juventus (Serie A TIM)
    Cristian Pinton opened the scoring for us, but three goals in the second half put us in our place.

Amateur

Filipe looks fantastic nice going
    Your doing very well so far
    Btw nice to see you back

Reserves

Much better at this 'Serie A' lark

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, December 2025 Review

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Parma FC (Serie A TIM)
    Francesco Cortini's goal put us in the lead and an own goal settled the deal for us.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Cagliari (Serie A TIM)
    A terrible performance and a deserved defeat.

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 2 Fiorentina (Serie A TIM)
    Federico Macheda 's hat-trick put us in the lead three times and gave us a stunning win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finished 2025 in 5th place in Serie A TIM. I can't see my wanting to improve the squad just yet. But we'll see.

Amateur

5th!! Absolutely phenomenal stuff Deisler, hopefully you can stay up there for the rest of the season. Are the UCL places too far off?

Third Team

Excellent first half of the season

Reserves

Wow, great progress.

Youth Team

Don't get a nosebleed, now

Third Team

Thanks guys. We'll never keep this up, but I'm hoping we can stabilise in Midtable overall. That would be great.

Semi Pro

Great work!

Nice half of the season, lets see if your team can keep it up.

Third Team

5th!! Absolutely phenomenal stuff Deisler, hopefully you can stay up there for the rest of the season. Are the UCL places too far off?
    Yeah, just that bridge too far for me. I would take 10th atm.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Excellent first half of the season
    Thanks man

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Wow, great progress.
    Cheers dude. Think it's a bit undisturbed.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Purefun View Post
    Nice half of the season, lets see if your team can keep it up.
    Thanks man, appreciate you reading it.

Doubt we'll keep it up though.

Semi Pro

Going well, man. Really good progress there. Hoping I can get to those kind of dizzy Serie A heights in my own thread at some point... until then, I'll have to just enjoy this continuing adventure!

Third Team

Going well, man. Really good progress there. Hoping I can get to those kind of dizzy Serie A heights in my own thread at some point... until then, I'll have to just enjoy this continuing adventure!
    Thanks man!

Third Team

I'm having a crisis of faith with this save at the minute. I just don't know what to do...

Amateur

What's happening? The team no longer able to improve?

Third Team

What's happening? The team no longer able to improve?
    Partly. Partly is that I've been so busy lately, that I haven't had chance to give it the time it deserves. Plus I feel we over-achieved in the first half of the season.

I think it's time to go Fergie on this team. Rip them apart. All foreigners out, try to bring some of the youth through.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast