+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Reserves

Gradualy improving now, and great Immobile return.

Third Team

4 pages! Insane!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Gradualy improving now, and great Immobile return.
    Yeah, it's great to have him back. We're currently in 9th, which is beyond my wildest dreams.

Amateur

Excellent effort to win back-to-back promotions and by the looks of things if you consolidate well enough this season you'll be pushing for promotion again in the next campaign.

Third Team

Your having a solid first season in Serie B by the look of things

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Your having a solid first season in Serie B by the look of things
    Yeah, it's going well. We're not scoring much, but the defense is holding firm. I think having Liviani, Garcia and Martinez from last season is helping along with the fact that I've only tweaked the defence

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    Excellent effort to win back-to-back promotions and by the looks of things if you consolidate well enough this season you'll be pushing for promotion again in the next campaign.
    It'd be nice, however, I think I'll need some mass investment in the team to get up to Serie A, rather than relying on Serie A castoffs that got released.

Semi Pro

Great month of November. Looking safer now.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    Great month of November. Looking safer now.
    Yeah, the defense is holding firm, although my worry is that once my strikers form goes, I'm screwed. Also, if my defense creaks, we may not have enough about us to outscore the opposition!

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, December 2015 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Cesena (Serie B)
    Ciro Immobile netted the lone goal in this match.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Andria Bat (Serie B)
    Carlo Di Micco fired home from the edge of the area to give us the win.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Modena (Serie B)
    Andrés De Pintos Francés scored on his return to the side after being dropped for poor performace. Carlos Garcia headed home on 73 mins to seal our win.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Padova (Serie B)
    This game was a total anti-climax. We lost two players to injury during the game and Ciro Immobile had an off-day. We conceded a long-range strike into the top corner on 80 minutes to put the tin hat on the defeat

-----------------------------------

The only real thought I have on transfers is possibly a loan ST to try and get our strikers firing again. We finished 2015 in 9th place and I'll be looking to sew this place up as soon as possible.

Third Team

Youth Team

Good luck with the USA.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    Good luck with the USA.
    Thanks man, hopefully it'll lead to a permanent U-21 job

Amateur

Are you using the same tactics with international teams as well?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo Willenté View Post
    Are you using the same tactics with international teams as well?
    Yes, I am. I didn't with Iran as I left it to my Ass Man, but with New Zealand and USA, I have

Third Team

Third Team

Oh, FFS!!!

Reserves

I usually get that about once a month in-game, mostly at the beginning or during matches, though a weekly autosave (often saving at other points) means I don't really lose anything.

Third Team

I usually get that about once a month in-game, mostly at the beginning or during matches, though a weekly autosave (often saving at other points) means I don't really lose anything.
    I can't boot up ANY of my saves though. They all corrupted it seems.

Reserves

I saw, that's far more problematic.

Third Team

I saw, that's far more problematic.
    I'll keep trying, but if not, then the whole experiement starts again. I still haven't made it to Serie A playing catenaccio yet!

Third Team

To be honest, the thought of starting again really excites me. There are things that I would do differently this time and, not that I've perfected the Catenaccio formation but, I really feel that getting the players to work with the 5-3-2 will be really hard. The rapid rise with Arezzo was enjoyable, but it felt quite artificial in some way, like I'd lucked out.

So it's back to square one, starting with Santarcangelo. I really hope you guys keep reading and commenting, simply as it means that there is room for more than just saves starting in South Africa ;)

Amateur

Bit of a shi*t*r! I'll keep reading. Will you be opening a new thread, or keeping it all in this one?

Part-Timer

Your experiment was quite the blast to follow! Hopefully a new start will bring with it success as well

Third Team

Thanks guys! Yes, I'll keep it in this thread, no point in clogging it all up!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    I really hope you guys keep reading
    No worries,will keep reading.In my head the restart is named "Calcio III: The Catenaccio Matrix!" just so you know
    Too bad about the problems,you were doing exceptionally well with Arezzo!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nordan View Post
    No worries,will keep reading.In my head the restart is named "Calcio III: The Catenaccio Matrix!" just so you know
    Too bad about the problems,you were doing exceptionally well with Arezzo!
    Calcio III: The Catenaccio Revolutions ? ;)

Third Team

Good start

Amateur

Calcio III: The Catenaccio Revolutions ? ;)
    The possibilities are endless :mad:

I guess the "practice run" means the arcangels will be even more fierce this time around? Good luck.

Semi Pro

I am just posting so it reminds me to keep reading this ;)

Amateur

Real shame to see you run into problems with you're original save, good luck with the new start, i'll be reading with interest

Youth Team

Good luck with the new save.

If a crash dump happens this time, make sure you go back to a "clean" save the dump hasn't happened on - that approach seems to have served me well. A bit more work in terms of keeping plenty of backups, but definitely worth not losing the whole save imo.

Third Team

Thanks for the support, guys. It means a lot!

Third Team

2011-12 Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H
    -----------------------------
    Renate
    Rimini
    Santarcangelo
    San Marino
    Sambonifacese

Same teams as last time.

Third Team

Third Team

Superga Air Disaster, 1949

An artists impression of the crash from the front page of La Domenica del Corriere.

The Superga air disaster took place on Wednesday, 4 May 1949, when a plane carrying almost the entire Torino A.C. football squad, popularly known as Il Grande Torino, crashed into the hill of Superga near Turin killing all 31 aboard including 18 players, club officials, journalists accompanying the team, and the plane's crew. The team was returning from a farewell match for Xico Ferreira against Benfica in Lisbon.

The Avio Linee Italiane (Italian Airlines) Fiat G212CP carrying the team flew into a thunderstorm on the approach to Turin and encountered conditions of low cloud and poor visibility. They were forced to descend to be able to fly visually. While descending for Turin, the aircraft crashed against the base of the rear wall of the Basilica complex at the top of the hill of Superga. Italian authorities cited low cloud, poor radio aids and an error in navigation as factors contributing to the accident.

The emotional impact the crash made on Italian sports fans was profound, as it claimed the lives of the players of a legendary team which had won the last Serie A title before the league play was interrupted in 1944 by World War II and had then returned after the conflict to win four consecutive titles (1946–1949).

At the time of the crash, Torino A.C. was leading Serie A with four games left to play in the season. The club carried on by fielding its youth team (Primavera) and in a sign of respect their opponents in each of these matches (Genoa, Palermo, Sampdoria, and Fiorentina) also fielded their youth sides. Primavera won each of the matches and the scudetto. The disaster seriously weakened the country's national side which had included up to 10 Torino players. Torino itself would not claim another title until 1976.

Of the entire squad only three players remained: Sauro Tomà missed the trip to Portugal due to injury. As well, the Hungarian star László Kubala, who was to give a guest performance in Lisbon, had just been re-united with his wife and son; the boy was ill and Kubala stayed back to help care for him, missing the fatal trip. Another youth team player, Luigi Giuliano, who played several games and scored 4 goals earlier in the season for the main squad, did not obtain the passport in time and also survived.

The son of captain Valentino Mazzola, Sandro, became a player of international fame in his own right in the 1960s playing with Inter Milan. Both father and son wore the number 10.

On 26 May 1949 there was a charity game for the victim's families between the "Torino Simbolo" (symbolic Torino) made up of the remaining best of the Serie A against South American giants River Plate. "La Maquina" had such immortal players like Norberto Yacono, Alfredo di Stefano and Angel Labruna. The game ended in a 2-2 draw.

Third Team

Amateur

Good luck! Sorry to see the old save go. Will follow with interest.

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, August 2011 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Sambonifacese (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H)
    A mistake from 16 year old rookie keeper Federico Andreani led to their winner as he strayed too far off his line before being caught out by a looping shot from 25 yards.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 San Marino (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H)
    We went 0-1 down early on, however Kadir Caldi's header from a deep corner pulled us level. However, again, we lost to a shot from 25 yards, this time in the 85th minute.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Rimini (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H)
    Striker Ivan Graziani stabbed home after good work on the right by Daniele Ficci. However, a Franco Cozzi OG denied us three points and left us almost certainly out at the first round.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Transfers
    DM Kuami Agboh came in on a free from Stade Auxerre. He'll be invaluable in that DM role. Also coming in on a free was MC Andrea Bricca. He looked to be a great bargain and I'll be leaning heavily on him this season. Finally coming in on a free was DC Fabio Cozza. He'll be the lynchpin of that SW role, whilst the others get used to it. I also took a great number of loans on. ST Nicola Campus and DL Iacopo Galli came from Empoli and SW/DC Carlo Alberto Togazzi and GK Alessio Cragno on loan from Brescia.

Leaving were our entire youth team and record appearance holder GK Michele Nadi was shipped off to Uniao Madeira for £14k.

Third Team

We weren't outclassed as such, but we weren't great either. Expected.

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, September 2011 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Rimini (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    A good battling draw.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Renate (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H)
    We went out of the Coppa with nary a whimper, conceding a flick header from a deep cross late on in the first half.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Giacomense (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Sheer persistance gave Antonio Velazquez his first goal after joining the club, putting in his own rebound. But a shanked, looping shot from 20 yards went over the keeper's head and came down off the underside of the crossbar into the net to give them an undeserved point.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Undone again by a deep cross and a flapping keeper.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Casale (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    This just sums up our season so far...

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 Savona (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Welp. I was playing 'Send In The Clowns' by the second. Numerous defensive errors contributed to all three goals..

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, October 2011 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Lecco (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    FINALLY. Antonio Velazquez netted on his return to the side and then Daniele Ferri took advantage of a generous non-call on a foul he commited and, on gaining possession, sprinted into the area and walloped the ball into the top corner. His first goal for us and, in the end, our first win too despite the late consolation goal.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Borgo a Buggiano (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group H)
    Annnd normal service resumed .

Santarcangelo Calcio 6 - 1 Cuneo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    This was the game where we shook off the malaise that had been following the team. Daniele Ferri hit a superb hat-trick, Ivan Graziani, Luca Locatelli and Nicola Di Pivo with the others.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Bellaria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    A cracking, if lucky goal by Kuami Agboh put us ahead, but we were pegged back by a defensive collapse in a melee.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Renate (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Martín Astudillo made his debut in this match, a new late free agent signing. He promptly put us in the lead, however Renate tied it up. Young loan striker Nicola Campus made the points safe.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Sambonifacese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    We started well, new goalie, new pads, Howver Cadl put the goal past him so he didn't look that good. Few fought back and we looked doomed. However, we rolled up our sleave and we equalised throigh Daniele Ferri and then went ahead through this monstrosity

-----------------------------------

We've been struggling with injuries this month. All my best performing players have been subject to injury, to the extent that I have 5 strikers and only one fit until Dec! I also had to do something drastc about my league form and brought in two big free transfers. DM/MC Martín Astudillo and GK Matteo Gritti. Both of these are on big contracts (for us) to get us to stay away from the relegation zone. However, this means I'm over my wage budget of £10k (increased from £7k with the original transfer funds of £30k) by £200 and my bank balance is sat at -£500k. Already.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 02-12-2011 at 07:59.

Third Team

Another injury, this time to defensive lynchpin Kuami Agboh means that I have 4 players out currently and all aren't due back for at least a month

Third Team

I literally do not have ANY strikers left...

Part-Timer
    Champions League prediction winner 2013/2014

Thats harsh. Agboh is a wuss though. Bit of strapping a la Lineker in Mexico 86 and he should play with fractured wrist ;)

Third Team

It was ashame to see you lose your save but nice to see you determined to carry on even if it meant starting again.Good luck at Santarcangelo Calcio

Youth Team

that is gutting you lost your save. Was loving reading it.

Reserves

Hope you can repeat the success of the old save.

Youth Team

Good luck with your new team, hope you can replicate your previous success

Third Team

I've had to sign this fellow to a one-year deal just to get me through the month.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    that is gutting you lost your save. Was loving reading it.
    Hope you can repeat the success of the old save.
    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Good luck with your new team, hope you can replicate your previous success
    Thanks guys, really appreciated! Hopefully, I can bring this team all thr way!

Third Team

Injury Watch

More injuries... ALL long-term ones.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 02-12-2011 at 20:52.

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, November 2011 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Mantova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Ivan Graziani's shot was bundled home a minute after HT to give us a priceless 3 points.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Alessandria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Once we lost both ST's Nicola Campus and Ivan Graziani to injury during the match, we were toothless and couldn't muster up the firepower.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 Treviso (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Daylight-f******-Robbery. We had one recognised striker so I had to get Lucas Cantoro in and he repaid us with the equalizing goal. Then, on 93 mins, sub Martín Astudillo hooked home a shot after a goalmouth meleé to give us the win. We had 2 shots on target the whole game and only 3 overall. They had 6/11. I didn't even have the good grace to wear a mask...

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Valenzara (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Lucas Cantoro netted his second goal in two games with a great freekick, however we conceded a fierce 20 yard snapshot and then gave away a penalty, along with losing Nicola Zavelloni to injury

-----------------------------------------------

I didn't put it up before, but enjoy Kuami Agboh
    's free-kick in the 1-1 draw against Bellaria

Youth Team

Tough break on the crash, but I agree that beginning anew can often be a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to see how you move up this go around!

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, December 2011 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 0 Virtus Entella (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Nicola Campus finally got his act together after numerous sub-par performances and scored an absolute pearler. Daniele Ferri limped off midway through the first half.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 1 San Marino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Nicola Campus scored for the second time in two games after replacing the injured Daniele Ferri. Again. Francis Obeng headed the second that put us home and dry.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Poggibonsi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Lucas Cantoro continued with his habit of scoring great goals with the opener and Daniele Ferri made it two late on..

-------------------------------------------------------------

This meant that we finished 2011 in 5th place in Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A.

As a reward for following, have TWO goals of the month.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 03-12-2011 at 03:30.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Tough break on the crash, but I agree that beginning anew can often be a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to see how you move up this go around!
    Thanks man. Yeah, it is interesting as there are a lot of different problems to be dealt with this time.

Third Team

Injury Watch

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, January 2012 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Rimini (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Dull game, livened up by the final whistle.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Giacomense (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Two goals conceded from corners, with only Martín Astudillo's precise finish to show for it.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 2 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    We went 2-0 up early with a header by Francis Obeng and a nice finish from Antonio Velazquez. However, a bad decision on a corner and a terrible pass to the opposition gifted Pro Patria two back to tie the game

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Casale (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    A miserable January started looking up when Claudio Cola headed home from a corner after only 3 minutes to put us on our way, but a horrific slo-mo own goal by Fabio Cozza tied it up and a terrible deflection allowed Casale to take the lead and the win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A quiet January, simply for the fact that we got our 7 players back from injury and are now over-staffed! However, I picked up D/WBR Andrea Iozzia on a free and sold GK Riccardo Casali for £10k to Vigor Lamezia. Another worrying thing is that we're over £800k in the red. Ummm....
    Last edited by Deisler26; 03-12-2011 at 03:40.

Third Team

Third Team

Oh F***
    Last edited by Deisler26; 03-12-2011 at 04:12.

Third Team

Third Team

I put this up because I love the fact that we entered into a CVA! Great touch, SI!

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, February 2012 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Savona (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Mistakes = Goals against.

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Lecco (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    The 1-2 punch from our strikers sealed this game. Ivan Graziani and Lucas Cantoro scoring either side of HT to give us the win

Santarcangelo Calcio 3 - 0 Borgo a Buggiano (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Lucas Cantoro hit a double and Andrea Bricca netted a close range strike to give us a second win in a row and put us back into the playoff picture.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Cuneo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Conceded from a corner yet again. This needs work.

Youth Team

Glad administration wasn't too painful! No points deduction I take it?

Part-Timer
    Champions League prediction winner 2013/2014

Having a tought time of it so far. Loads of injuries and then administration. There's got to be some good news on the horizon

Reserves

Playoffs would be good.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Glad administration wasn't too painful! No points deduction I take it?
    No, there wasn't. I'm not quite sure why to be honest.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBaldBuddhist View Post
    Having a tought time of it so far. Loads of injuries and then administration. There's got to be some good news on the horizon
    I hope so too!

Third Team

Playoffs would be good.
    It'd be nice. We've been there or thereabouts all season!

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, March 2012 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Bellaria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Dull. Boring. Not helping.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Renate (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Our second 0-0 in a row, Martín Astudillo ended up being stretchered off and out for the rest of the season. With his contract up, I'm not sure he's worth keeping...

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Sambonifacese (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Frustrating. We took the lead through Antonio Velazquez and a Samboni player was dismissed right on HT to make us comfortable. However, we again conceded from a corner on 53 minutes and then lost Angelo Gregorio to a straight red for a two-footed tackle on 63 minutes, thus ending the match as a contest.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Mantova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Two down, a player up and woefully outplayed by HT, things needed changing. Sub Ivan Graziani scored right after HT, but we never looked like drawing.

----------------------

This stuttering run sent us out of the playoffs, but only by 2 points with 7 games to go!

Part-Timer

2 points can easily be made up with 7 games to go - motivate that tam to do better!

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, April 2012 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 4 Alessandria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    This.... was actually worse than it looked. Kadir Caldi ended up with a 4.2 and an injury to save me shooting him on the pitch.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 3 Treviso (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    It doesn't get any better here. We scored our one SOG, courtesy of Daniele Ferri, but we were already 0-3 down by that point.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 1 Valenzana (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Angelo Gregorio shown a straight red for a two-footed tackle on 88 minutes, they score the winner on 92 minutes. Epic fail. This league is so tight that this bad run has seen me be only 6 points away from the relegation playout!!!

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 0 Virtus Entella (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Ivan Graziani and Daniele Ferri provided the 1-2 punch to snap our winless streak and put some pride back in the team

Santarcangelo Calcio 4 - 0 San Marino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Where was this a few games ago? A great win over a promotion-chasing side! Ivan Graziani and Daniele Ferri both hitting doubles to remind me bitterly of what could have been.

Part-Timer

Well, atleast you turned things around! How far off are you now?

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, May 2012 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 2 Poggibonsi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    I just wanted this season to end. Martín Astudillo returned from injury to score after 2 mins, however two late goals meant we fizzled out with a whimper.

------------------------------------------------------

What a crap end to the season! We finished 12th in Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A, 6 points out of both playoffs, and it really wasn't any better than we deserved after that horrible run. I'm looking forward to the offseason so I can try to rebuild. Main thing is to try to see if Martín Astudillo and Fabio Cozza will accept reduced contracts for the next season as they are out of contract soon. Also out of contract are a number of my coaches and my Ass Man. Again, I need to shop around to see if I can get better. HOWEVER, the financial state of the team may mean our budget is severely slashed. If so, I need to struggle on with what I have and can get for nothing, wages-wise. This means that I may need to look for a new Parent Club, other than Serie B's Modena.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Youth Intake
    The youth intake was bad, as you would expect. However, it did turn up a 5-star prospect and a 2-star prospect which I promptly signed!

DC Filippo Rastelli (2-Star prospect)

ST Luca Onorato (5-star prospect)

Reserves

A 5-star prospect? That sounds juicy

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    A 5-star prospect? That sounds juicy
    It does. However... . He's a 6'6" target man in a formation that doesn't allow as such. Also, now BOTH my training & youth facilities are rented and we've no money to improve coaching staff or recruitment, I think he'll stall here

Youth Team

No, there wasn't. I'm not quite sure why to be honest.
    I know in Spain there's no sporting penalty for entering administration, perhaps it's the same in Italy.

Reserves

That low finish must have been a blow after the playoff challenge.

Third Team

That low finish must have been a blow after the playoff challenge.
    It sucked. We couldn't buy a win. Plus Alessandria & Treviso were running away with the league at that point!

Third Team

Wow. A decent increase!

Third Team

On the downside,what a horrible end to the season....on the upside,a nice improvement in terms of sponsorship.

Amateur

It sucked. We couldn't buy a win. Plus Alessandria & Treviso were running away with the league at that point!
    OK first season really,and now to push for promotion.

Third Team

Reserves

Doesn't look quite so bad now.

Third Team

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, 2012-13 Pre-Season Review

We were given a brief to avoid relegation and offered the budgets of £8.5k wages and £0 for transfers. This represented a £2k DROP in wage budget on last season and meant once that all my issues with players and staff and all the loans had left, I had very little to work with. But, hey-ho! I cancelled my association with Modena and put feelers out for another parent club. I also asked for a new feeder club, but was rejected. Requests for upgrades were also denied.

Transfers
    Incoming in July, I brought in a new GK coach, Ass Man and Fitness Coach to replace the guys that left. The new arrivals aren't necessarily upgrades, but they wanted less money. All 5 players that were co-owned have come into the club permanently; These players being Paolo Beatrizzotti, Alex Lodovisi, Nicola Zavelloni, Nicola Del Pino and Kadir Caidi. Out of these, Lodivisi's contract was terminated and Zavelloni was listed for loan. Ex-Napoli youth GK Luigi Miceli was also drafted in on a free after he was released. Then came in the loans. ST Pedro Rosario from Lazio, DL's Mattia Rolli and Guglielmo Amendola from AS Roma, ST Andrea La Selva from Parma, DRC Matteo Gritti from Pergocrema, SW/DC Stéphane Sarni from Lugano and DM/MC Alessandro Corvesi from Prato.

Leaving the club were DM/MC Martín Astudillo, DL Luca Locatelli and ST Lucas Cantoro. I would have liked to keep them, but their wages demands priced them out of resigning. I also let go my Ass Man, Fitness Coach and GK Coach for the same reason. Having sunk to £2k below the wage budget excess with all the loan departures and such, I looked at my expiring contracts for this season. Star GK Matteo Gritti was on £1k and was worth £75k. I wouldn't be able to renew without a large increase so I shipped him off to AS Bari for £100k. Other players leaving for the same reason were D/WBR's Filippo Baldinini and Alessandro Fabbri, £24k to Cosenza and £18k to Teramo respectively. Teramo also bought DRC Claudio Cola for £20k. Finally, ST Antonio Velazquez was sold to AlzanoCene for £10k.

Third Team

2012-13 Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group E
    -----------------------------
    Carrese
    Prato
    Santarcangelo
    San Marino
    Viareggio

Expecting better than last year, but only by a place.

Part-Timer

Good luck with the new season!

Amateur

Good luck with season 2. I never really enjoy 1st seasons at clubs as they always seem to be a rebuilding exercise - season 2 is where it is at especially when things go wrong and they are all your players ;)

Looking forward to reading the outcome

Third Team

Thanks guys!

*cautious*

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, August 2012 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 2 Carraese (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group E)
    We looked like a team of strangers. Disappointing. Mistakes contributed to both Carraese goals

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 San Marino (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group E)
    Another mistake let in the San Marino opener. I'm starting to worry about Rocchi's positioning as he keeps letting in goals at the near post. Kuami Agboh's swirling free-kick brought us level late on.

---------------------------------------
    Transfers
    Mexican/Italian GK José Rocchi joined on a free, as did DM/MLC Pietro Panico.

Third Team

Third Team

God knows what this means...

Third Team

Same pattern as last time...

Third Team

Well, that's one worry off my mind...

Third Team

New chairman, new ideas it seems...

Youth Team

Takeovers can be a blessing in disguise at times, although not always ;)

Glad you didn't have to sell all your best players when you entered administration.

Semi Pro

Whenever I see the consortium plans take-over message, I always google their name to see who they are/someone with the same name, and your guy currently owns Valenzana Calcio. Have you ever played against them I wonder?

Third Team

Santarcangelo Calcio, September 2012 Review

Results
    Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 Prato (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group E)
    Not a bad performance, but beaten by a superior team who took their chances.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 5 Carpi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    My worst defeat as Santarcangelo manager. We lost it in the second half after pulling it back to 2-1 on 45 minutes with Alessandro Corvesi's first goal for the club

Santarcangelo Calcio 2 - 4 Viareggio (Coppa Italia Lega Pro, Group E)
    We took the lead twice though Pedro Rosario's double before being pegged back each time. Then two goals in the last 5 mins killed us off.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 3 Cuneo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Same old story with this team. Fought well for 70 mins, lost to three late goals.

Santarcangelo Calcio 0 - 0 Valenzana (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    BOOM! No win, no goals, but it still felt like a victory.

Santarcangelo Calcio 1 - 1 Cosenza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Luca Onorato hit his first goal of the season to put us 1-0 up. However, José Rocchi let in yet ANOTHER goal at the near post, this time a weak 20 yard effort,

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    Whenever I see the consortium plans take-over message, I always google their name to see who they are/someone with the same name, and your guy currently owns Valenzana Calcio. Have you ever played against them I wonder?
    This month in fact ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast