+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Calcio II: Catenaccio Reloaded

Third Team

Wow. I've never made three pages before. Thank you all for believing in this experiment!

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, November 2013 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Mantova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Lacina Keita drilled home the eventual winner in this match on 38 minutes

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Monza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    This was gutting. We lost to a mistake/wonder goal by a one-time transfer target of mine...

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Ishia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Andrea Venneri headed our opener from a corner, before a defensive lapse from a corner let them equalise on 81 mins. This match marked the debut of Michele Palumbo, a free agent pickup earlier in the week

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 Alto-Adige (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Michele Palumbo netted his first goal for the club, but a great, incisive counter-attack pegged us back again.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Rimini (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    A game that only have 4 shots on target during the whole thing. Luckily, one of those was Michele Palumbo's 93rd minute winner.

-----------------------------------

We picked up two free agents at this point. ST Michele Palumbo and DC Marek Kysla. This should negate having to get anyone in during Jan.

Third Team

HOW WAS THIS NOT A GOAL? (I know how, but still...)

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, December 2013 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 3 - 2 Giulianova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    A quickfire double from Lucas Pusineri and the opener from Guilherme put us 3-0 up within 20 mins. However, the team then sat back and conceded two easy goals.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Camaiore (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Michele Palumbo was our saviour here, netting an easy tap-in on 56 mins.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Cosenza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Elia Ballardini, a long-forgotten loanee scored on his debut to save our blushes after a shocking game that we really should have lost.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Unione Venezia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Substitute Lacina Keita rocketed one into the top corner from the edge of the area on 88 minutes to give us a win in our last game of 2013 and leave us in 2nd place, having only conceded 10 goals all season so far!.

-----------------------------------

Most important thing in the Jan transfer window is to pick up an extra DM/Defensive-minded MC on loan to bolster us, along with possibly a backup DR.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 20-11-2011 at 00:29.

Reserves

Looks like it's going well.

Part-Timer

Thats a good run of form lately

Youth Team

The game against Venezia says 0-0 but then the description reads as though you won?

Cracking thread, and a great job with Arezzo, keep it up!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    The game against Venezia says 0-0 but then the description reads as though you won?

Cracking thread, and a great job with Arezzo, keep it up!
    Thanks man! Yeah, I screwed up, it was a 1-0 win!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by abulezz View Post
    Thats a good run of form lately
    Yep, but we always seem to be in the edge of dropping like a stone,

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, January 2014 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 2 - 2 Reggiana (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    We took the lead through Ciro Immobile, but we were pegged back. Marek Kysela restored our lead, but we surrendered the lead in the last 10 mins

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 3 Ravenna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Three times we took the lead with a double from Ciro Immobile and one from Boris Nkoa and three times we were pegged back, twice in the last 10 minutes with the final goal coming in the 91st minute.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 2 Pro Patria (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    We went down early and struggled thoughout the first half. I gave them a rocket and sent them back out. Goals from Guilherme and a first goal from Jan loan signing Carlos Garcia put us 2-1 up. However, for the third time this month, we conceded a late equaliser, this time on 90 mins.

We've conceded almost as many goals this month as we had the season so far.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 20-11-2011 at 00:38.

Youth Team

How's the overall table? You should doing well I'd assume. ANd good job on 3 pages!

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, February 2014 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Avelino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    We equalised through Ciro Immobilejust before half-time. However, we couldn't make the breakthrough

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Treviso (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Alberto Libertazzi scored on his return from injury and Renzo Ravanelli netted his first goal for the club after his move to make us easy 2-0 winners.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 0 Teramo (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Carlos Garcia scored a hat-trick of headers to see us run away comfortably with this game.

------------------------------------------

We signed four more loan players in January from Juventus; DC Carlos Garcia, ST Ciro Immobile, DM/MC Manuel Giandonato and DRL Gianluca Rubin. I also returned to former club Santarcangelo to steal 17-year-old sweeper Renzo Ravanelli

------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Deisler26; 20-11-2011 at 00:26.

Semi Pro

He didn't look very immobile to me!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    He didn't look very immobile to me!
    ;)

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, March 2014 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Carpi (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Terrible game, over-confident players, bad goalkeeping

Atletico Arezzo 4 - 0 Salerno (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    We destroyed the league leaders in this match, cutting their lead to 3 points. Goals from Alberto Liberazzi, Carlos Garcia, Ciro Immobile and Marek Kysela sealed the deal.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 San Marino (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    We were terrible here. Couldn't hit a bull in the arse with a bass fiddle.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Mantova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    0-1 down for long periods to the team just below and we looked gassed. However, super-sub Guilherme netted on 86 mins to deny Mantova and keep us in 2nd place.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Monza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    A early own-goal put us on the road and late on, sub Giacomo Rosaia tapped in after a good move down the right..
    Last edited by Deisler26; 20-11-2011 at 02:02.

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, April 2014 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Isha (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Manuel Giandonato was moved from playmaker to ball-winner and he repaid that move with a cracking double to give us the win

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Alto Adige (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    We battered and battered on their door. Finally, a long range effort from Pusineri, thundered back off the crossbar and hit the Alto keeper on the back of the head before rebounding in.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 2 Rimini (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    We just coudn't put them away. A double from Ciro Immobile put us ahead twice and twice they came back.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 4 Mantova (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    1-4 down at HT to third place. Filippo Tatiero, on a rare start, hit the opener and Ciro Immobile & Matteo Liviero got our consolation goals. This result knocked us out of first.

Atletico Arezzo 4 - 0 Camaiore (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Back on track finally. Goals from Alberto Libertazzi, Ciro Immobile and Carlos Garcia saw us dominate and repair some of the damage.

Third Team

Had our youth intake come in and, true to form, they were pretty much a waste of space. One 2-star prospect isn't good enough.

Amateur

Looks like it is all gradually knitting together, other than the odd blip. I'm liking all the nils on the right side of the scores

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, May 2014 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Cosenza (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    Ciro Immobile put us in the lead, before we went walkabout at a corner on the stroke of HT and went in at 1-1. However, Lucas Pusineri showed his steel by blasting home a penalty to give us the win and leave us two points back with just the last game of the season to go.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Unione Venezia (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A)
    A break down the right on 32 minutes saw a whipped cross powerfully headed past the Venezia keeper. By his own player. Further misery was piled on when Ciro Immobile hit yet another goal to put us 2-0 up. The news then filtered through that Salerno were 0-3 down to Reggiana.. The whistle went and...

WE WON! WE WON! I'M SERIE C2 CHAMPIONS FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!...*ahem*
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 2 Avensa Normanna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione Supercoppa, First Leg)
    11-2 shots. That's all you need to know about this game.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 Avensa Normanna (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione Supercoppa, Second Leg)
    11-0 shots. Only 1 on target. That's all you need to know about this game. Stunned.

I'm really happy about the title win and promotion, but I'm sick inside at the C2 Super Cup result. 2 shots in two games, Avensa had. TWO! Far and away, my most horrific defeat on FM12.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 21-11-2011 at 07:58.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ron6632 View Post
    Looks like it is all gradually knitting together, other than the odd blip. I'm liking all the nils on the right side of the scores
    Thanks man!

Part-Timer

Congratulations on winning the Serie C2!

Reserves

Tactics definitely working well now if it was another surprise promotion.

Third Team

Congrats on the promotion

Amateur

good work m8.. i had tried to emulate bielsa's chilean system once .. after few seasons of struggle , I could urn itt into a success.. catenaccio will be a bit more difficult, so good luck

Youth Team

Well done on securing the title, excellent work. Hopefully, you'll get a stab at Serie C1 this time around

Third Team

Congratulations on winning the Serie C2!
    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Tactics definitely working well now if it was another surprise promotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Congrats on the promotion
    Quote Originally Posted by srinath View Post
    good work m8..
    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Well done on securing the title, excellent work. Hopefully, you'll get a stab at Serie C1 this time around
    Thanks guys, really appreciated!

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, 2014-15 Pre-Season Review

Pre-season proved to be a bit of a struggle. I was given a goal of finishing in mid-table by the board. In my first season back in C1. OK.... I was given a £14k wage budget and a £47.1k transfer budget with which to do it. We also had our coaching staff increased from 8 to 12. However, the chairman and board wont increase our youth/junior coaching one iota, which is rather annoying.

The other big problem I have is replacing all 11 loans I had last season, as early indications show that I will find it hard to get ANYONE here, which is odd, considering I've been promoted! Veteran centre-back Marco Pecorari retired and became my defensive coach. I've lined up friendlies against a few major Italian teams and been entered into the 1st Qualifying Round of the Coppa Italia.

Amateur

Good Luck for the new season! Congrats on the promotion, but a real sickener in the cup.

Sound like a tough season of consolidation ahead

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ron6632 View Post
    Good Luck for the new season! Congrats on the promotion, but a real sickener in the cup.

Sound like a tough season of consolidation ahead
    Yeah, it'll be really tough. But I think if I can get a decent striker in, then we'll be fine.

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, August 2014 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 AlbinoLeffe (Coppa Italia, First Qualifying Round)
    We took to the field with only 17 players under contract with the club. This actually included 4 GK's, so our options were very limited. However we battled hard against a recently-relegated from Serie B side and only lost to a 30 yard howitzer on 85 minutes.

--------------------------------------------

The departure of our 11 loanees from last season left a HUGE hole in this team. However, we made the most of it. 12 players came in on free's. Returning from last season's loans after Juventus released them were ST's Guilherme, Alberto Libertazzi and D/WBL Matteo Liviero. I was especially happy about getting back Libertazzi, who went great guns for us early last season before his injury, then spent a while saying he didn't want to come to the club. Also coming in were GK's Tommaso Barbetta, Marco Farrabi and in a massive coup for the club, 21 year old Damián Martinez from Arsenal.

Hero of my Santarcangelo championship side, DM/MC Lorenzo Degeri came in on free, along with fellow DM/MC's Luc Thomas and Valerio Verre. Finally on the free agent front, AMC Kevin Holzweiler, D/WBR Matteo Di Sciglio and DC Michele Fournasier. Returning on loan was DC Carlos Garcia, DM Gabriel & ST Ciro Immobile from Juventus along with D/WBR Gianni Peoni from Bari. And finally, we paid actual money for DRC Luca Tedeschi (£7k from Crotone), ST Mauro Bertelli (£8k from Treviso) and finally, for £40k from FCB Junior Lújan, MC/AMC Andrés De Pintos Francés. This guy was offered to me by his agent. As I could not scout South America, I took a chanve to buy him unseen. Hopefully, he'll be a Messi, not a Verón.

Leaving the club was the 37 year old Lucas Pusineri at the end of his contract. He was still good, but I didn't feel he could cut it for a whole season any more. Last season's November signings ST Michele Palumbo and DC Marek Kysela was shipped off to Unione Venezia for £40k and Rimini for £55k respectively. DRC Andrea Venneri was sold to Sambenedettese for £10k. All three were sold because after decent starts, they flared out. Leaving because their contracts ran out at the end of the season were DRL Giuseppe Dipasquale (£35k to Ascoli) and ST Lacina Keita to Gubbio for a record £110k. The Keita deal looked to have been a huge mistake until I signed Libertazzi, simply as I couldn't get any talented forwards to join me!

We also got a new kit sponsor worth £91k p/a
    Last edited by Deisler26; 21-11-2011 at 08:04.

Third Team

YES!

Third Team

What the hell?

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, September 2014 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 1 - 3 Pavia (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    I can't even.. See for yourself. Two own-goals and a defensive mistake, with Luc Thomas hitting a stunner for a debut goal... Welcome back to C1/A..

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Sambonifacese (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Ciro Immobile picked up where he left off last season with a brace that saw off Sambonifacese for the win.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 AlbinoLeffe (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    We went one better in our league re-match with AlbinoLeffe. We went down early, but a wonderful 4 player move full of one-touch passing, saw Andrés De Pintos Francés round the keeper and stroke home to tie it up

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Lumezzane (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Ciro Immobile again popped up with a brace, the first of which was an absolute corker!

Third Team

A surprise result in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro First Round

Reserves

How many rounds did it go to?

Third Team

How many rounds did it go to?
    19. There was one miss from both sides, then the definitive miss late on.

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, October 2014 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 3 - 1 Ternana (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Ciro Immobile carried the team on his back again with a double after Mauro Bertelli set us on our way.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Bellaria (Coppa Italia Lega Pro First Round)
    Mauro Bertelli was sent off after 18 minutes for a two-footed tackle. Then we went down 0-1 on 36 minutes. However, we fought back and Lorenzo Degeri scored his first goal for us on his return from injury. Then we were gifted a penalty on 83 mins when Libertazzi was tripped in the box. Luc Thomas stepped up and smashed the ball home to give us a 2-1 win under difficult circumstances.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Cittadella (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Again, we lost a player to a red card in the first half. Valerio Verre was dismissed for a second yellow on 32 mins and we were in trouble. However, our talisman Ciro Immobile stepped up to head home the winner on 57 minutes

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 0 Mantova (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Ciro Immobile set us on our way, before Mauro Bertelli & Matteo Liviero made the game safe

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Pro Vercelli (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    We missed Ciro Immobile in this game. No cutting edge. Lost to a sloppy goal

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Viareggio (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Mauro Bertelli put us in front, after we'd had shots cleared off the line 3 corners in a row. Carlos Garcia headed home a corner late on to make the game safe

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 Messina 3-1 on pens (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Second Round)
    Just couldn't make the breakthrough, so it was left to Damián Martinez and Renzo Ravanelli to be the shootout heroes.

We've suffered badly with injuries this month, losing two DL's, three DR's and all four ST's at various points during the month.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 22-11-2011 at 18:43.

Part-Timer

Ouch - its a pain when the injuries start piling up and seemingly dont stop

Third Team

Ouch - its a pain when the injuries start piling up and seemingly dont stop
    I even had to draft in another free agent left back, purely because we were so short of full backs! I finished the Cittadella match with only 9 men, thanks to a late injury!

Semi Pro

I think that game that went into penalties wasn't for the league. ;)

Great month despite the injuries. I'm guessing you're very comfortably in the top half of the table, perhaps fighting for back-to-back promotions even?

I loved the irony of you being pissed of at the last season's Supercup fixtures for them beating you despite having no shots. You're playing catenaccio for god's sake. Surely the whole point of your tactic is to do exactly what they did to you?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    I think that game that went into penalties wasn't for the league. ;)

Great month despite the injuries. I'm guessing you're very comfortably in the top half of the table, perhaps fighting for back-to-back promotions even?

I loved the irony of you being pissed of at the last season's Supercup fixtures for them beating you despite having no shots. You're playing catenaccio for god's sake. Surely the whole point of your tactic is to do exactly what they did to you?
    D'oh! Fixed. Currently running third, three points from top, three points from being out of the playoffs. Not bad, however I think the fact that I didn't really bring any major new faces in has helped. And of course I'm pissed off! You don't expect to have done to you what you do to others! Also, we were just so poor up front.

Semi Pro

What happened with the International job offers at Singapore, Malaysia and Iran? Did you turn them down?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    What happened with the International job offers at Singapore, Malaysia and Iran? Did you turn them down?
    Impatient! ;)

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Impatient! ;)
    I know...but I want to know! ;)

Reserves

Fairly good league run

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, November 2014 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Como (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Alberto Libertazzi netted the only goal in this tight encounter

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Cuneo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Guilherme scored the winner here, which came from a quick break after a Cuneo attack broke down.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 0 Portasummaga (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Luca Tedeschi put us in the lead, then our talisman Ciro Immobile stepped up to hit a double

Atletico Arezzo 4 - 0 Savona (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round Group A)
    Ciro Immobile set us on our way with a double, before goals from midfield maestros Andrés De Pintos Francés & Lorenzo Degeri made the game safe

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 1 Pisa Calcio (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    We disposed of fourth-placed Pisa thaks to two goals from the on-fire Ciro Immobile and a rare goal from Guilherme

Atletico Arezzo 4 - 0 Casale (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Third Round Group A)
    Ciro Immobile was utterly unplayable. His hat-trick was glorious along with Alberto Libertazzi's helper to ease us into the next round

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Vicenza (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    We played a terrible match and Vicenza weren't much better. A Garcia blunder led to Vicenza's opener, however Guilherme fired a fantastic 25 yard curling shot to level it all up in this top-2 clash.

Third Team

Iran U-23, 2014 Asian Games Review

I eventually took the Iran job as I felt there was more chance to win with that side. To be honest, I did very little with this team, I was given a squad already and just played my catenaccio formation. I didn't adapt at all and only subbed players who were tired

Iran U-23 2 - 0 Afghanistan U-23 (Asian Games Group F)
    Iran U-23 2 - 2 Japan U-23 (Asian Games Group F)
    Iran U-23 5 - 0 Turkmenistan U-23 (Asian Games Group F)

Iran U-23 2 - 0 North Korea U-23 (Asian Games Second Round)

Iran U-23 5 - 0 Kyrgyzstan U-23 (Asian Games Quarter Final)

Iran U-23 4 - 0 China U-23 (Asian Games Semi Final)

Iran U-23 3 - 2 Japan U-23 (Asian Games Final)

We coasted the entire tournament with our only tough games coming against Japan. The final was a simple affair as we went 3-0 up and only conceded the two late on. After the tournament, I left the job as I'm hoping for a European U-21 job
    Last edited by Deisler26; 23-11-2011 at 11:29.

Third Team

Ugh. I'm not sure I want this one.

[EDIT] I took it anyway.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 23-11-2011 at 12:21.

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, December 2014 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Alessandria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Guilherme netted the only goal in this tight encounter on 90 mins. We also managed to shut down the top striker in the league so far this season

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 1 Bellaria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Guilherme continued his red-hot scoring form with a double in this game before leaving the game on 66 minutes. His replacement, Alberto Libertazzi, netted the third.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 0 Santarcangelo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    It was my first game back against my old club. I answered a lot of questions before the game and while I was happy to be around the team once more, I wouldn't be doing them any favours! Renzo Ravanelli also had a rough ride for his return too. However, he responded manfully with a great performance. Guilherme continued his run of goalscoring form, along with a great header from Carlos Garcia and a gorgeous finish from Ciro Immobile

Youth Team

Unbeaten since October, looking very good for back-to-back promotions

And, um, good luck with NZ U23s. I'd imagine there's not an abundance of talent there though ;)

Reserves

Excellent run

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Unbeaten since October, looking very good for back-to-back promotions

And, um, good luck with NZ U23s. I'd imagine there's not an abundance of talent there though ;)
    There's really not. Two good players.

Third Team

Excellent run
    Thanks man. It's all down to my strikers. When they're off, so are we.

Third Team

STOP. OFFERING. ME. JOBS.

**** ones anyway. I've rejected this as I took the NZ one.

Third Team

I don't usually post rumours, but...yeah... happy to be linked.

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, January 2015 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 4 - 0 Pavia (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    A midfield domination as all three midfielders scored in this one. Andrés De Pintos Francés led the way with a double, before Lorenzo Degeri and Boris Nkoa wrapped it up

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Sambonifacese (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Guilherme stroked one home from the edge of the box to open the scoring. Luc Thomas finished it off by ramming a penalty into the roof of the net.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 2 AlbinoLeffe (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    We strolled into this game expecting yet another win. We were sent with our tail between our legs back. The team looked uninterested and Michele Fournier, who came to me earlier in the week, wanting to be played more. I put him in and he went missing for their first and earned a straight red for their second as he conceded a penalty which was converted. Ciro Immobile scored late on, but by then, it was too late.

Third Team

New Zealand U-23's, Olympic Games Qualifying Review

New Zealand U-23 6 - 0 Cook Islands U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Group A)
    New Zealand U-23 4 - 0 American Samoa U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Group A)
    New Zealand U-23 2 - 0 Samoa U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Group A)
    New Zealand U-23 3 - 1 Tonga U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Group A)

New Zealand U-23 1 - 1 Fiji U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Final, First Leg)
    New Zealand U-23 2 - 0 Fiji U-23 (Olympic Games 2015 Qualifying Final, Second Leg)

We cruised through this qualifying group, with the draw happening when we were missing 4 players through suspension.

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, February 2015 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Lumezzane (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    We lost Luc Thomas to a broken arm for 7 weeks in this game. And it took a double substitution to bring home the win. Both strikers were replaced and Mauro Bertelli wrapped it up on 82 minutes

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Ternana (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Ciro Immobile rescued the draw as we sluggishly moved closer to the end of the season.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Cittadella (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Andrés De Pintos Francés scored an absolute howitzer of a strike after 3 mins to give us the win

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Ebolitana (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Semi Final, First Leg)
    We played the backups in this match, including debut for new signing Gracjan Horoszkiewicz and we were rewarded when Mauro Bertelli netted from close-range to give us the away victory

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Ebolitana (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Semi Final, Second Leg)
    Another debut, this time for forgotten youth team player Max Keller. And it was he who sealed the deal just before HT, scoring to add to Guilherme's opener

-------------------------------------

I brought in DC's Martin Angha on loan from Siena and Gracjan Horoszkiewicz on a free to cover our new hole in the D. Leaving were DC Michele Fournasier who, after his tantrum and horror show, was swiftly demoted to Trestina, my feeder club and GK Tommaso Barletta, who was snapped up by ChievoVerona for £14k + 50% sell-on clause

Last edited by Deisler26; 24-11-2011 at 05:44.

Third Team

Youth team contracts are in. Nothing over a 2 star potential. Forgeddaboutit!

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, March 2015 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 0 - 0 Mantova (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    A dull game that really never took off

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Pro Vercelli (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    A good win over third placed Vercelli. Carlos Garcia and Lorenzo Degeri in a 2-0 win.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 2 Viareggio (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Ciro Immobile put us in the lead, but a disasterous half time team talk saw us lose focus and concede two late goals.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Como (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    André De Pintos Francésput us in the lead, before conceding the equaliser halfway through the second half

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Pisa (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Final, First Leg)
    We battered Pisa, but despite Ciro Immobile's early goal, we couldn't find that killer second away goal.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Cuneo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Ciro Immobile stepped up to the plate again, netting a club record 17th goal of the season, before setting up Lorenzo Degeri to slam home to make the game safe

Reserves

Hope you're not slipping too much.

Amateur

Cracking thread this, you're doing a great job

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, April 2015 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Pisa (3-4 on pens) (Coppa Italia Lega Pro Final, Second Leg)
    Total reversal as Pisa battered us. We went behind in the 18th minute and, although we came back into the game late on, we never broke through. ET couldn't separate us so we went to penalties. Carlos Garcia missed the second penalty and, with the game on the line, Renzo 'Waddle' Ravanelli skied his penalty to gift Pisa the trophy.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Portosummaga (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Boris Nkoa popped up with his first goal in over 30 hours to give us the win, stabbing in from a corner scramble.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 2 Pisa (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    Andrés De Pintos Francés netted a brace and Gabriel got his first of the season as we gained some small measure of revenge for the Cup final defeat

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 1 Vicenza (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    A stunning victory that surely gives us the title as long as I keep ths form up. Andrés De Pintos Francés and a Luc Thomas penalty put us on our way after going down early

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Alessandria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    This win left us a win from the title. Ciro Immobile emerged from a 4 game slump and Luc Thomas netted his second goal in as many matches to sweep 4th placed Alessandria

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by City2000 View Post
    Cracking thread this, you're doing a great job
    Thanks man, appreciated

Third Team

Hope you're not slipping too much.
    It's been a worry. Players slumping and not being focused.

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, May 2015 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Bellaria (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    We had a great away following for this match, and for good reason, as we sealed the Lega Pro Prima Divisione A title. Luc Thomas scored early and the party was on. Finally, forgotten DR Cristan D'Alessandro netted on 76 mins to send the fans mad and make sure for a party atmosphere in our final game.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Santarcangelo (Lega Pro Prima Divisione A)
    We paraded the trophy before our final match against my old club Santarcangelo. I felt a twinge of sadness during this match as I wish it had been with them that I acheived promotion to Serie B. Ciro Immobile, as he has done all season, popped up with the opener and when he was subbed on 67 mins, he got a standing ovation from the curva. His replacement, Alberto Libertazzi finshed coolly on 82 mins to seal the win and leave us dreaming of next season

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Crotone (Supercoppa di Lega di Prima Divisione, First Leg)
    Ciro Immobile scored the all important goal as we looked to win our first Supercoppa in my third attempt.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 2 Crotone (Supercoppa di Lega di Prima Divisione, First Leg)
    Ciro Immobile netted the opener in the second leg, however we then found ourselves 1-2 down. A vicious strike from Andrés De Pintos Francés restored parity, before Luca Tedeschi's header was deflected in off an unfortunate defender to give us an o.g and the win.

------------------------------------------------------------

The main job for next season is to SIGN CIRO IMMOBILE. That is all.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 26-11-2011 at 08:58.

Third Team

Ooh yeah! Amazing what a promotion will do for you... ;)

Part-Timer

Congrats on the promotion, the cup win, and finally, on signing your star Ciro Immobile

Third Team

Congrats on the promotion, the cup win, and finally, on signing your star Ciro Immobile
    Thanks man! Yep, I'm really glad I've got him permanently. For ages last season, he wouldn't come to the club, then when he finally signed on loan, he wouldn't sign a deal here even though his contract was running out. So I'm really pleased to get him.

Reserves

Excellent coup

Third Team

Excellent coup
    Thanks man. Yep, I'm made up that I've got him as he'll be invaluable for Serie B

Third Team

Youth Team

Great last season and nice on doing the Double!

Amateur

Congrats on the promotion!

Youth Team

Well done on winning the league, and good luck in Serie B

Reserves

Hopefully you'll have enough about you to avoid trouble.

Semi Pro

Superb season man, back-to-back promotions is great. Congrats for signing your star man too.

FM can be really strange sometimes too, I mean how on earth a lower league italian manager is going to travel to Iran back and forward to pick players and coach an Under 23 (!) side? How on earth do you become so in demand for asian and oceanic U23 jobs anyway?

Third Team

Superb season man, back-to-back promotions is great. Congrats for signing your star man too.

FM can be really strange sometimes too, I mean how on earth a lower league italian manager is going to travel to Iran back and forward to pick players and coach an Under 23 (!) side? How on earth do you become so in demand for asian and oceanic U23 jobs anyway?
    No idea how I got offered the first set of jobs, but the Iran U23 squad was really talented and I easily won the Asian Games. Having got a rep for winning tournaments, I guess that's why I was given the job for getting NZ into the Olympic Games.

Third Team

Congrats on the double and signing Immobile,he looks like a key player for you in Serie B!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Congrats on the double and signing Immobile,he looks like a key player for you in Serie B!
    Thanks man. Let's hope so!

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, Preseason & August 2015 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Giulianova (TIM Coppa Italia First Qualifying Round)
    Luc Thomas thundered us into the lead with an exsquite strike from 30 yards. Carlo Di Micco finished it off in the 92nd minute with an easy finsh after being put through

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Siena (TIM Coppa Italia Second Qualifying Round)
    We were heavily outclassed by the Serie A side, but hung on until the 85th minute when they scored a header to put us out.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 2 Lecce (Serie B)
    We battled hard after going down early. Carlo Di Micco rounded the keeper beautifully to pull us level, but an own goal by loan signing Martin Angha, again on 85 minutes, saw us consigned to defeat on our return to Serie B .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Transfers
    Incoming to the club were some Juventus players who were out of contract. Returning from last season's loans on permanent contracts were DC Carlos Garcia and leading scorer Ciro Immobile. Also coming in were long-time transfer target DR Alberto Massacci from Barletta on a free and DC Martin Angha and DL Mirko Signori on loan from Siena and Torino.

What I really wanted to do, was become more like a proper manager and not just replace a whole team because I can sign better players over 48 months. So I replaced only what I sold and/or upgraded a few positions. These were the stand-outs;

ST Danzell Gravenberch (Free from Ajax): This guy was available on a free and his stats were not the best (I've been tracking him for the whole of last season), but I thought he could give me more options up front, if I decided to adapt the 5-3-2 to include a DLF.

ST Carlo Di Micco (free from Catania): I scouted this player at the back end of last season, and to me, he had all the qualities of someone like, say Carlos Tevez, to play in the defensive forward role, to really try and push on with the catenaccio theme.

DC Ramzi Aya (free from Reggiana): Same as Gravenberch, He'd been scouted every since he was released from Inter. He would be an upgrade at DC in the stopper role and would easily slot in with Tedeschi and Garcia to be able to form a decent rotational three.

DM Simone Pasa (£50k from Ternana): This guy had been a favourite from previous FM's so had him on my shortlist from day 1. Wouldn't come to me from Inter on loan, or when he was released. Ternana snapped him up when I couldn't afford his wages, but Serie B opens a lot of doors and I was able to acquire him.

ST Vlad Iacob: (free from UTA Arad): I was offered this guy by his agent and after his release, I got him to sign a trial contract. I saw in a game against my U-20's that he had good pace and was considered to be a 5-star prospect. Taking into account, my bad facilites, I figured that he could be Immobile's replacement once he inevitably gets snapped up by a better club.

Outgoing were 4 players at the end of their contracts, including the 2011-12 Fan's Player of the Year, Axel Muller. Two went on loan to feeder club Trestina.

ST Mauro Bertelli was shipped off to Cosenza for £8k, he'd been frozen out by Guilherme and Immobile last season and I didn't forsee any future for him.

DC Michele Fournasier, after his strop and utter fail in the game he was supposed to have his chance in, was offloaded to Xerez for £110k (God bless, Serie B! Most of my player's values went up!). Nice stats, but didn't have a hope in hell of getting past Tedeschi and Carlos Garcia last season.

D/WBR Mattia De Sciglio was sold to C.D Salamanca for £150k and this one was difficult. He'd played well last season, but the combination of a high fee (for us) and the fact I was in negotiations with Massacci meant that I could sell without worry.

DM Luc Thomas was co-owned by Cagliari for £450k. This was a bolt out of the blue. A huge sum of money, the fact that he'd stay at the club for the 2 years plus the fact that we'd just broken ground on the new youth facilites and needed £650k minimum left in the bank to pay it, swayed this decision.

AMRC Maximillian Keller was co-owned by Novara for £150k. I considered selling Keller at the beginning of the season, seeing that his value had sht up and he would be third choice, but the offer on the table from Novara was good and allowed me to let him show me what he can do.

Both ST Alberto Libertazzi and DC Diego were allowed to go on loan. The problem was that neither player had shone at the club and I was hoping that a little time away would rejuvenate them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLY COW!
    Last edited by Deisler26; 27-11-2011 at 04:42.

Third Team

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, September 2015 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 2 - 3 Brescia (Serie B)
    A game where we fought back twice to draw through goals from Ramzi Aya and Carlo Di Micco before AGAIN conceding the winner in the 86th minute

Atletico Arezzo 5 - 2 Crotone (Serie B)
    Ramzi Aya opened the scoring, Ciro Immobile finally got off the mark for us by scoring a double and a Luc Thomas strike, coupled with an own goal saw us run out comfortable winners

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Ascoli (Serie B)
    Ramzi Aya headed our opener from a corner on 4 mins, before we conceded a shot from 20 yards on the stroke of HT

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 2 Empoli (Serie B)
    A tale of a gulf in quality, Damián Martinez's OG on 91 mins summed it up.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 ChievoVerona (Serie B)
    A great defensive performance earned this win. I gave into logic, instead of emotion and dropped Luc Thomas. His replacement Valerio Verre got a 7.2 rating as Carlo Di Micco hit the winner.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 28-11-2011 at 11:22.

Third Team

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, October 2015 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 1 - 1 Varese (Serie B)
    Ciro Immobile put us on our way before this happened...

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 3 Bari (Serie B)
    Carlos Garcia headed home from a Francés freekick, but by this point we were already 0-3 down to the ex-Serie A side.

Atletico Arezzo 2 - 2 Livorno (Serie B)
    Ciro Immobile and Carlos Garcia scored as we came from behind, only to lose it late on.

Atletico Arezzo 3 - 1 Pro Vercelli (Serie B)
    Ciro Immobile showed glimpses of last season's form as he hit a double and forced an OG to put us up 3-0 at HT.

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 2 Foggia (Serie B)
    We weren't even sat at home with a cuppa, let alone at the races in this match. Carlo Di Micco hit our only goal to give two bad defensive lapses some sheen.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - Triestina (Serie B)
    Alberto Massacci stupidly saw red for a second yellow. From the resulting free-kick and melee, the ball was rammed home to consign us to another defeat.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 28-11-2011 at 11:22.

Reserves

Looks alright so far.

Third Team

Looks alright so far.
    We're keeping our heads above water so far yeah. 3 points ahead of the relegation zone

Third Team

So with both of our facilites upgraded, things are looking up

Reserves

Got much money left after that?

Third Team

Got much money left after that?
    That won't come out until next season thankfully. We're sat on £2.15m atm, 90% from the player sales. I've also been ruthless with the wage budget and we're £7k under. £650k is going in Jan for the youth upgrade and we'll lose about £400k between now and the end of the season.

Third Team

As I said, I don't usually post rumours, but it's a measure of how far I've come with this team to be linked with this job..

Reserves

Definitely, and you've still got a lot more to come.

Third Team

Oh. Wow.

Amateur

Always nice to see yourself linked with the big jobs. Looks like a tight battle ahead this year, good luck!

Youth Team

What a budget for Genk! Wonder how they got so rich...

Semi Pro

Great goal.

Looks like things are a little tough this season, but that's sort of expected, the team can't just keep growing at a relentless pace, the gap between Serie B and Serie C1 is indeed big. Still doing well to be above the danger zone.

Your rep is insanely high for a manager at that level though - bit unbalanced in FM2012? Nevertheless it's recognition of your good work. Going to take the ticket to Belgium, to spread the noble catenaccio values of dullness, rigidness, negativism there?

Third Team

Great goal.

Looks like things are a little tough this season, but that's sort of expected, the team can't just keep growing at a relentless pace, the gap between Serie B and Serie C1 is indeed big. Still doing well to be above the danger zone.

Your rep is insanely high for a manager at that level though - bit unbalanced in FM2012? Nevertheless it's recognition of your good work. Going to take the ticket to Belgium, to spread the noble catenaccio values of dullness, rigidness, negativism there?
    No, I laid out my plans. It's Arezzo to Serie A and stay up for a season. Then try to take Torino to the Scudetto. Afterwards? I think I will take the message to other countries.

As for the rep thing, I have no idea. I started off as Semi-Pro I think? (the level I actually got to)

Youth Team

Nice on staying in Italy! Fans wil love you turning down that job!

Third Team

Your rep is insanely high for a manager at that level though - bit unbalanced in FM2012?

Third Team

Atletico Arezzo, November 2015 Review

Results
    Atletico Arezzo 2 - 0 Juve Stabia (Serie B)
    Guilherme started his first game of the season and netted a double, due to injuries to Immobile and Di Micco

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Nocerina (Serie B)
    Lorenzo Degeri fired home from the edge of the area for the only goal in this tight game.

Atletico Arezzo 0 - 1 Sassuolo (Serie B)
    A disappointing, stuttering defeat to second-bottom Sassuolo

Atletico Arezzo 1 - 0 Hellas Verona (Serie B)
    Ciro Immobile netted on his return to the first team to give us the win.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 28-11-2011 at 11:35.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast