Why is the PSP version so much easier than the PC and 360 version?

I have read how people have won 4 cups in their first and second season and going unbeaten in 2 seasons.

I also read how someone won the Champions League and Premiership with Everton while I have won 10 consecutive league games with Forest Green and only 3 points behind the leaders with about 10 games to go. I seem to be buying players quite easily where as PC version or 360 version it is very hard to get young players with potential to a team like Forest Green.

I love the game just wish it was harder becaue it gets boring if you win all the time as there is no challenge and it is a shame I am not forced to sell the clubs best players to keep the club afloat to make it more of a challange.

I have yet to miss or see my opposition miss a penalty. I do like the game and hope my team is in good form rather than the game being too easy but I beat Peterbrough, Kidiminister and another league 2 side before losing to Millwall in semi final of the LDV and I am still in the FA Trophy makes me believe the game is a lot easier than the other 2 versions of the game.

I have read how people have won 4 cups in their first and second season and going unbeaten in 2 seasons.

I also read how someone won the Champions League and Premiership with Everton while I have won 10 consecutive league games with Forest Green and only 3 points behind the leaders with about 10 games to go. I seem to be buying players quite easily where as PC version or 360 version it is very hard to get young players with potential to a team like Forest Green.

I love the game just wish it was harder becaue it gets boring if you win all the time as there is no challenge and it is a shame I am not forced to sell the clubs best players to keep the club afloat to make it more of a challange.

I have yet to miss or see my opposition miss a penalty. I do like the game and hope my team is in good form rather than the game being too easy but I beat Peterbrough, Kidiminister and another league 2 side before losing to Millwall in semi final of the LDV and I am still in the FA Trophy makes me believe the game is a lot easier than the other 2 versions of the game.

• SI Staff

The PSP version is a bit different to the PC/Xbox 360 versions and has been designed specifically for that platform so there are bound to be differences.

They share a lot of the mathematical formulas etc but the match engines are different (no 2D in the PSP for example)

1st Season with Everton.

Purchased:

Dirk Kuyt S C (Main striker partner for Beattie)

Kerlon S C (Backup to strikers)

On Loan:

Samir Nasri AM LC (Cover for VdM)

Played 4-4-2 Diamond and with Short passing, Pressing On

Finished 5th in the league, won the Carling Cup and won the Champions League.

Not really had to do much tweaking :/

I agree. I find it very easy.

I went Morton scottish 2nd div. Won 3 leagues in a row, scottish cup twice & reached final of uefa cup at first attempt, beating teams like Man City 7-0 & Marseille 8-0.

I have only had a budget of 3k each season. I consistently beat Rangers & celtic even though their squad is values at about £70 million.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

The PSP version is a bit different to the PC/Xbox 360 versions and has been designed specifically for that platform so there are bound to be differences.

They share a lot of the mathematical formulas etc but the match engines are different (no 2D in the PSP for example) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the PSP would have less features but the difficult level would be the same as thr 360 and PC version. I can't see how removing the 2d highlights would make the game easier.

Marc is in Europe with brighton, someone went 2 seasons unbeaten with Arsenal and won all 4 cups in both seasons, Everton have won the league and champions league in first season.

I doubt these people will have done as well on the 360 or PC version certainly not in such a short space of time.

I know some people complain abou the PC version being too hard but at least if something is to hard it is a challenge and it makes you keep coming back. I am enjoying the game dont get me wrong but just wish it was as hard as the 360 version and eventually have 85-90% of the features that were in cm01/02 then it would be perfect icon14.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ntfc:

Tony i have had just the same amount of succes on the PC version taking Cambridge city to straight seasons a simliar feat i have achived on this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough icon_frown.gif I can't even win the league with Liverpool in my first season on the PC.

If im being honest, I find the game hard, i know i am a good manager, won the domestic treble with spurs on pc version first season, only signed one player.

I have only been East Stirling and whilst I have won the League Challenge Cup, I have also come 5th, bottom and 3rd in the league now in my 4th season - currently had a good start though icon14.gif

The problem with the game is that it is incosistent and that does annoy me, maybe its just me, being such a poor team icon13.gificon_confused.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I thought the PSP would have less features but the difficult level would be the same as thr 360 and PC version </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not really possible to have the difficulty level the exact same as they are different games using different match engines and tactics etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

They share a lot of the mathematical formulas etc but the match engines are different (no 2D in the PSP for example) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the match engines were supposed to be the same but no 2D representation?

I guess with all the attributes that have had to be removed would mean different calculations...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I thought the match engines were supposed to be the same but no 2D representation?

I guess with all the attributes that have had to be removed would mean different calculations... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The attributes are actually the same behind the scenes but some have been amalgamated for view (ie. pace and acceleration are combined and shown as 'pace' in the game).

The match engine is an evolution of one of our earlier (Non-2D) match engines - this is simply because the processing power on the PSP doesn't allow us to use the FM PC match engine .... well not unless you lot are happy waiting 20-30 seconds for each game to process* icon_wink.gif

*And for the 4 of you who are sitting there thinking, 'yeah that'd be fine actually' - sorry no we're not doing it just for you' icon_wink.gif

(and besides if you realistically think about it that would mean waiting up to 20-30 minutes on match days which is beyond most peoples endurance imho)

Archived