How to win the league on the last day..Barcelona style

So the scene is set, a long season is gone by. My malaga side are in 4th and cant go any higher. Even though for a long time we were in contention up until that injury crisis which caused a run of 5 points from 5 games and we were done for. But we could still affect the title. Barca were top, athletic 2nd and real madrid 3rd. All could win it.

Barca have me, and we had just found our form again. So the match gets underway, real madrid make a flying start and quickly take the lead, but that would only be enough if i can beat barca. At half time athletic are behind, real madrid ahead and I am holding barca. Second half start and instantly I get an injury, bring on a sub and get on with it. Barca steal a lucky goal but we dont give up, we keep pushing hard and get chances, then suddenly another injury, Its on 70th min so I take the chance to make my last 2 changes. So I am out of subs but we are looking good, then Barca see that they need the win, What happens Martin Skrtel injured, 3 at the back suddenly. And we are powerless to resut two goals from Barca for them to win the league on the last day. Unfair much?

I’m finding my wingers are picking up lengthy knocks here and there, I consider myself quite lucky to have plenty of centre-mids to shuffle my preferred formation.

And OP, that is fairly unlucky. You would be fuming if you were able to finish first though, did you end up clinching fourth or dropping into the EURO places?

I had already claimed forth before going into the last match, It has turn to a top 4 in spain after 3 season instead of the top 2. I was aiming for just a top 3 with me joining barca and real madrid. But Athletic also fancy being up there, so there is 4 of us.

I dont get lots of injuries, i just seem to get key injuries at key times of the season. Like a run of games against lower teams which i should be winning then suddenly I find i get injuries to key players and this just hurts the team and we drop from 1st to 3rd, like this season. And in season 2 we were 3rd until last 5 games, when injuries and tiredness took hold and we fell to 4th

Archived