+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: One Man, One Dream and Five Champions Leagues

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    That sacking looks like a blessing in disguise. Good luck for the new season, hopefully Golden Arrows lose more than one game!
    it does, especially as the guy who replaced me was sacked at the end of the season :-)

Amateur

and Turkey become the latest World Cup Winners:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reserves

Well, after Burkina Faso, nothing's odd any more.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Well, after Burkina Faso, nothing's odd any more.
    They lost all 3 group stage matches conceding 9 goals in the process.

Other odd sides who reached the group stage include: Zimbabwe, Guatemala, Iran and Panama

Amateur

After two years as Brazil Under-20 manager I have resigned and become manage of the Mexican national side.

Reserves

Iran's not that odd, they did it in 98 and 06.

Amateur

Talk about leaving it late....

Semi Pro

Champions are made of late winners.

Youth Team

Fergie time

Amateur

So far so good:

Reserves

Super Supersport.

Amateur

Great season so far!

I'm only in 2019 but Turkey are hopeless on my save so very interesting to see they were 2034 WC winners on yours.

Semi Pro

Setting the pace.

Amateur

Season 24
    During the pre-season I had strongly upgraded several players and this was going to be my first real chance of winning the Premiership. We started well, had a bit of congestion with the Super8 cup but managed to plod through that and keep up the wins. Khuzwayo was also the striker we had been missing, someone who will pop up with goals regardless of the situation or opponent. And to cut what could be a long story short, we won the league. We finished several points clear which gives me the feeling that unless I lose a major player I should be able to retain the title for many seasons now. Khuzwayo went on to score 21 league goals in 25 games to finish the leagues top scorer again.

The cups were a mixed affair:

Super8 - Reached the S-Finals before losing to Black Leopards on away goals.
    KO Cup - Lost to Vasco in the first round - really disappointing.
    SA FA Cup - Winners, beat first division Platinum Stars 4-0 in the final.
    African Confederations Cup - So far so good, the story continues....

Somehow, despite all of the trophies I've won so far, this is the first season where I have done the double (according to steam achievements)

I couldn't do an update within showing Khuzwayo, who has now won 4 league titles, in 4 seasons with 3 different clubs - he has now been top scorer for the past 2 seasons also.

Code:
    Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Club:

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
    2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
    2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
    2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  1st         FA Trophy Winners
    2015/16    Burnley             English Championship         1st         Division Champions
    2016/17    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         League Cup Winners
    2017/18    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         FA Cup Winners
    2018/19    Arsenal             English Premier League       2nd         Champions League, FA Cup & Community Shield Winners
    2019/20    Arsenal             English Premier League       1st         League, Champions League, World Club Cup & Community Shield Winners
    2021       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League Champions
    2022       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League & Copa Libertadores Champions
    2023       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division                 Copa Libertadores & State Champions
    2023/24    Puebla              Mexican First Division       5th/7th
    2024/25    Puebla              Mexican First Division       4th/7th     Champions League & Open Season Champions
    2025/26    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          4th         KO'd in Minor Final
    2026/27    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
    2027/28    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
    2028/29    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
    2029/30    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         Champions League, League & Grand Final Winners
    2030/31    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
    2031/32    Bloemfontein Celtic South African Premiership    13th
    2032/33    Bloemfontein Celtic South African Premiership    13th        Sacked after 10 games
    2032/33    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    9th
    2033/34    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    2nd         Cup Runners-Up 
    2034/35    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    1st         League & FA Cup Winners
    So next season I will get to finish the current African Confederations Cup and enter the African Champions League for the first time - it should be interesting.

Semi Pro

What will you do once the 5th is ticked off?

Amateur

Well done on the title

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    What will you do once the 5th is ticked off?
    I did have it narrowed down to two options, either managed the side I support (Tottenham), or win the CL from a really bad country like Wales.

I will have to evaluate things once/if I finish the challenge as my game running speed is already pretty slow and its making this part of the challenge annoying.

Amateur

I was starting to think that maybe I should go back to Brazil so I can start winning international trophies again as it has been a fair few years since I last won one, then this happened in the Copa America Semi-Finals:

Amateur

Mexico Update
    The summer of 2035 was going to be my first with competition matches since taking over as Mexico manager - we were going to be in both the Gold Cup and the Copa America. My aims were to win the Gold cup and to reach the semi-finals of the Copa America.

Gold Cup - We qualified easily enough and faced Canada in the Q-Finals, it was a fairly simple match and it was quite disappointing that we only won 2-1. The semi-final against the USA was to be the toughest match and whoever won it should win the competition. It was an even match and losing 0-2 was a bit harsh as we fought well. So only the semi-finals in the Gold cup did not please the board or the fans.

Copa America - The tougher competition came up next and the group stage ended up being quite tight with 2 pts between top and 3rd and at one stage it looked like we might not qualify. Uruguay were our q-final opponents and it ended up with a comfortable 3-0 win. We faced former side Brazil in the semi-finals and this is where I expected our campaign to end, but the guy dug deep and dominated the game with an impressive 3-1 win. We would face group stage opponents Colombia in the final and it was a very one sided match with us repeating our earlier 4-1 score. So at least I won a good trophy to add to the cabinet.

Afterwards I did apply for the Brazil job - they picked a former player who I used to managed at Sao Paulo and Brazil............

Third Team

Congrats on winning the South African Premiership and the Copa America,good luck in the African Champions League in the new season

Amateur

Cheers

The CL is going to be tough, am currently in the Confederations Cup group stage and mid-way and on 1 win and 2 defeats and can see the CL being harder so I think it may be a couple of seasons before I can challenge the top sides in Africa.

Semi Pro

Who did better with Mexico, me or you? I beat USA in the Gold Cup and went on to win it.

I got knocked out to Japan in the Copa America, you went on to win it.

My vote: Azeryk

Great Copa win

Amateur

Japan were in your Copa America??

The next World Cup will be the big test for the team, until then I have what looks to be an easy qualifying period and another Gold Cup/Copa America summer so hopefully good times for Mexico

Amateur

Great job winning the Copa America and League + Cup double

Also, nice to see off Brazil along the way!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Azeryk` View Post
    Japan were in your Copa America??

The next World Cup will be the big test for the team, until then I have what looks to be an easy qualifying period and another Gold Cup/Copa America summer so hopefully good times for Mexico
    Yeah, they beat me in the Quarter Finals. I'm assuming Japan weren't in yours? Who was? (That aren't a South American team)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by City2000 View Post
    Great job winning the Copa America and League + Cup double

Also, nice to see off Brazil along the way!
    Cheers, I love beating old teams

Amateur

Yeah, they beat me in the Quarter Finals. I'm assuming Japan weren't in yours? Who was? (That aren't a South American team)
    I've never seen a country from outside of North/South America in the Copa America

Semi Pro

I've never seen a country from outside of North/South America in the Copa America
    I thought it was odd but they needed teams to fill the competition and thought they took the best team from Asia or wherever.

Amateur

Am into the Confederations Cup semi-finals - it's ruining my fitness for league games but I can't bring myself to not go for the gold :P

Amateur

I went 0-2 down in the first leg......

and here's the second leg:

Youth Team

Well done on a very successful season, both on the domestic front, and the Mexican national team.

Looks like you've got one hand on another trophy already too ;) Good luck for the final!

Amateur

Cheers - I will need it, the final is against Raja Casablanca who have players I can only dream of

Amateur

Well the first leg went rather well, despite being away somehow we managed to take our chances, dominated the more highly skilled side and had a mad 8 minute spell in the first half. Probably one of the MOST unexpected scores I've had in this save:

With the damage done in the first leg all we had to do was make sure we didn't concede 6 goals - goal machine Khuzwayo was also injured in the league match between the two finals and was out for 6-7 weeks. It didn't matter though as we got a 2-2 draw and got the gold:

Amateur

Well done so far. This is an interesting career to follow.

I've managed in Australia quite a few times in recent FM's, and have found similar issues to you. Able to dominate the A-League quite comfortably but find it very hard to win the Asian Champions League. It mostly stems from the wages you are able to pay in Australia due to the salary cap. I found that I could qualify from the group stage reasonably comfortably, but I would be in trouble if I faced one of the super rich Arab teams such as Al Ahli or Al Shabab. In FM12 I ended up making a new A-League without a salary cap. I was finding that I would have £20m in the bank for transfers, but constantly unable to spend more than £20k per week!

Looking forward to seeing how you do in the African Champions League.

Youth Team

I had England be the invited non-CONMEBOL side in a Copa America once! I think it was FM10.

Great job on the ACC win, hopefully you can win its big brother soon

Amateur

Great performance in the final, congrats

Now to try and win the big one!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by abu645 View Post
    Well done so far. This is an interesting career to follow.

I've managed in Australia quite a few times in recent FM's, and have found similar issues to you. Able to dominate the A-League quite comfortably but find it very hard to win the Asian Champions League. It mostly stems from the wages you are able to pay in Australia due to the salary cap. I found that I could qualify from the group stage reasonably comfortably, but I would be in trouble if I faced one of the super rich Arab teams such as Al Ahli or Al Shabab. In FM12 I ended up making a new A-League without a salary cap. I was finding that I would have £20m in the bank for transfers, but constantly unable to spend more than £20k per week!

Looking forward to seeing how you do in the African Champions League.
    Thanks for the comment - I found that the best way around it was to buy young players and put them on a long contract - that helped keep the wage bill down. And as I didn't need to spend much then on new signings I was able to save up some money which helped stop the board from accepting bids. I also was helped in my last season at the club from my original foreign signings gaining Australian citizenship which stopped them from being classed as foreign in the league/CL which let me sign more.

I'm surprised that Josh Jones stayed at Melbourne Hearts though and him leaving, regardless of the amount of this transfer would have stopped me winning the CL. But it's things like foreign player limits that stop all 5 CL's from being the same

Part-Timer

Had a fantastic Career mate, KUTGW

Reserves

At least you can compete well on a continental level.

Amateur

The African Super Cup, where I would face the previous CL winners and give me the perfect chance to see if I have a real chance of winning the competition......

Reserves

Another promising sign, I reckon you'll do it next season, or at least come fairly close.

Amateur

Another promising sign, I reckon you'll do it next season, or at least come fairly close.
    The signs are pointing that way - I've signed a new MC/AMC mid-season and at the end of this season I've got another MC and a new ST turning up on end of contract freebies - both of which are first team quality. It also means I'll have the 3 best strikers in the league (I might be biased) whcih gives me more options. Plus all of my players are really young and are improving every season

Amateur

African Champions League Preliminary Round:

Amateur

African Champions League First Round:

Although the team I will face in the second round reached the finals and semi-finals in the past two years so I'm up against one of the toughest teams in Africa.

Amateur

As you can tell from the more frequent updates I'm getting a tad excited being this close to completing the challenge ;)

African Champions League Second Round:

African Champions League Upcoming Group Stage:

After checking out both groups I can say ours is MUCH tougher, all four teams in the other group are mainly grey played, all teams in my group have proper players

Amateur

Season 25
    This season was going to be a big one, I had the second half of the African Confederations Cup as well as the first half of the African Champions League to keep me busy along with all that happens domestically. Although we had a good first team I feared that we would not have the depth in the squad to allow us to compete on all fronts.

The league went well and at the end of the season we were once again on top of the pile. Although it was not as convincing a title defence as I was hoping for. At times the frequency of games was high and I should have done better at rotating the players and this led to dropped points - something I will need to look at better next season. I do have a couple of new players due to turn up in the summer which should help me rotate the team better without dropping in quality.

Super8 Cup - S-Finals
    KO Cup - Winners
    FA Cup - Q-Finals
    Confederations Cup - Winners
    Super Cup - Winners
    Champions League - Ongoing

Code:
    Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Club:

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
    2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
    2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
    2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  1st         FA Trophy Winners
    2015/16    Burnley             English Championship         1st         Division Champions
    2016/17    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         League Cup Winners
    2017/18    Arsenal             English Premier League       3rd         FA Cup Winners
    2018/19    Arsenal             English Premier League       2nd         Champions League, FA Cup & Community Shield Winners
    2019/20    Arsenal             English Premier League       1st         League, Champions League, World Club Cup & Community Shield Winners
    2021       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League Champions
    2022       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division     1st         League & Copa Libertadores Champions
    2023       Sao Paulo           Brazilian First Division                 Copa Libertadores & State Champions
    2024/25    Puebla              Mexican First Division       4th/7th     Champions League & Open Season Champions
    2025/26    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          4th         KO'd in Minor Final
    2026/27    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
    2027/28    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
    2028/29    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
    2029/30    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         Champions League, League & Grand Final Winners
    2030/31    Melbourne Heart     Australian A League          1st         League & Grand Final Winners
    2032/33    Bloemfontein Celtic South African Premiership    13th        Sacked after 10 games
    2033/34    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    2nd         Cup Runners-Up 
    2034/35    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    1st         League, Confederations Cup & FA Cup Winners
    2035/36    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    1st         League, Super Cup & KO Cup Winners
    So with the stronger squad I will be looking to improve in the league and use all domestic cups for fringe and youth players - and hopefully win the CL.

Amateur

Not the start I was hoping for, puts plenty of pressure on the last 3 games.

Amateur

Well the adventure is over for this season, roll on February when it starts again:

Part-Timer

Unlucky in Champo League but well done on the title

Amateur

Well done on retaining the title

Hopefully you will continue to improve in the Champions League.

Amateur

Heartland went on to win the CL so I don't think I'm far off - maybe next time

Reserves

That's a pity, but as you say, you're getting closer.

Amateur

You certainly weren't a mile away from progressing, heres hoping for next year!

Amateur

My idiotic board sold my DR - who was an amazing youth for £2.9M, which is a lot of money in South Africa, but it's spread out over 3.5 years so I don't even get anything to spend

Youth Team

Boo the board

Better luck next season in the Champions League.

Amateur

Boo the board

Better luck next season in the Champions League.
    I did and then they refused to upgrade the youth facilities But then upp'd my transfer and wage budgets significantly with the money I had been saving the club over the past couple seasons

Am through the preliminary rounds, which is better than reigning champions Heartland can say

Reserves

My idiotic board sold my DR - who was an amazing youth for £2.9M, which is a lot of money in South Africa, but it's spread out over 3.5 years so I don't even get anything to spend
    That's always frustrating.

Amateur

Got through to the group stage this season as well, looks more promising than last season's but it will still be tough.

Amateur

Season 26
    Well it wasn't quite the season that I was expecting. I was hoping that the league would be a much easier competition this season - oh how I was wrong there. We won the league but only just and I had to wait until the final game of the season before that was confirmed. At no stage throughout the season did we pull ahead of the chasing pack and we lost easy games to teams we should have been looking to score several past. But in the end we got the gold so I can't complain too much - just need to make sure we try harder next season.

The cups were yet again a mixed affair but it['s only continental that I am interested in so anything else is a bonus:

Super8 - Winners
    KO Cup - S-Finals
    FA Cup
    Champions League: Group Stage

Code:
    Club:

2034/35    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    1st         League, Confederations Cup & FA Cup Winners
    2035/36    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    1st         League, Super Cup & KO Cup Winners
    2036/37    SuperSport United   South African Premiership    1st         League, FA Cup & Super8 Cup Winners
    2037/38    SuperSport United   South African Premiership
    Technically I also won the Olympics with the Mexico U23 side - the reason I say technically is I encountered a bug which refused to let me assign squad numbers of players and thus refused to let me play any games. Although if I holiday'd the match it was fine. So I picked the side, the assistant manager dealt with the actual match.

Youth Team

Excellent season domestically with the clean sweep. Hope you have a more successful Champions League group stage this time around

Amateur

Excellent season domestically with the clean sweep. Hope you have a more successful Champions League group stage this time around
    Cheers, I hope so as well - Skyrim is due to be delivered tomorrow :P

Third Team

Doing very well in South Africa on the domestic front.Hope you can be more successful in the group stage.

Don't get too into Skyrim otherwise we won't hear off you again for a long time

Amateur

Only reached the Q-Finals of the Gold Cup with Mexico, was knocked out 2-3aet to eventual winners the USA - and was sacked for my efforts. Which is really annoying as we are virtually guaranteed to qualify for the upcoming World Cup

Code:
    Seasons    Country             Achievements
    2016-2020  England             World Cup 2018 - First Knockouts
                                   Euro 2020 - First knockouts
    2022-2030  Brazil              Copa America 2023 - Winners
                                   Confederations Cup 2025 - Winners
    			       World Cup 2026 - Winners
                                   Copa America 2027 - Winners
                                   Confederations Cup 2029 - Winners
    			       World Cup 2030 - Second Round
    2030-2031  Cameroon            African Nations 2031 - Group Stage
    2032-2034  Brazil U20          South American U20 Championship 2033 - Runner-Up
                                   U20 World Cup 2033 - Q-Finals
    2034-2037  Mexico              Gold Cup 2035 - S-Finals
    			       Copa America 2035 - Winners
                                   Olympics 2036 - Winners
                                   Gold Cup 2037 - Q-Finals

Amateur

Am through to the CL semi-finals with 2 group games to go

Amateur

Am into the final to face Es Tunis - a team I beat twice (just) in the group stage. Hopefully I'll have time to do that later this evening.

Youth Team

Good luck!

Semi Pro

You can feel the tension building

Amateur

Final - 1st Leg

Final - 2nd Leg

and I nearly had a heart attack when Es Tunis scored in the 93rd minute - which would have given them the cup if the player wasn't flagged for offside).

I will post a better review and more screenshots tomorrow. If you want to see something specific just let me know.

Youth Team

Amazing job - challenge complete! Is that it now? I bet you're up to the hilt in Skyrim by now

Amateur

Fantastic effort, congratulations Does this mean you ride off into the sunset now

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Amazing job - challenge complete! Is that it now? I bet you're up to the hilt in Skyrim by now
    Quote Originally Posted by City2000 View Post
    Fantastic effort, congratulations Does this mean you ride off into the sunset now
    Am still waiting for Skyrim to arrive, but after seeing how many hours this save file has taken I could do with a few days away from the PC :P

Amateur

Manager Overview:

Manager Bibliography:

Youth Team

Well done, that's an impressive record. No more so than the 67% win percentage; anything over 60% is pretty amazing

Reserves

What a triumph this has been.

Amateur

Fantastic career, well done

Amateur

Well done, that's an impressive record. No more so than the 67% win percentage; anything over 60% is pretty amazing
    Thanks - it was helped by the early seasons in Boston and Arsenal where I was at the top but not quite #1 - and again when I was dominating domestically in Australia and South Africa but struggled continentally.

What a triumph this has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by roganp View Post
    Fantastic career, well done
    Cheers guys - it was quite a challenge, one of my longest saves for a long time now.

Third Team

Absolutely brilliant,massive congrats on winning the African Champions League to make it 5 continental trophies.

Well played

Youth Team

Fantastic achievement and a great thread to follow

Semi Pro

Absolutely brilliant.

Well done

Part-Timer

Fantastic!

Youth Team

Not tempted to go back to Europe and win just a little more to get to the top of the Hall of Fame?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Absolutely brilliant,massive congrats on winning the African Champions League to make it 5 continental trophies.

Well played
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Fantastic achievement and a great thread to follow
    Absolutely brilliant.

Well done
    Quote Originally Posted by iHeadHunta x View Post
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for the comments guys - it was the thread that helped me keep going

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Not tempted to go back to Europe and win just a little more to get to the top of the Hall of Fame?
    It's tempting but the game speed is quite slow and Tottenham have decided to do well in the league - where as when I was busy with SuperSport they sucked and needed a manager every season.

Amateur

Time to start planning for FM13 - any suggestions on what to do this time around???

Amateur

Well I as hoping for more suggestions than that - lol.

Am thinking of doing the same kind of thing but sticking to just Europe this time around as I'm yet to manager in several of the main European leagues - or at least give them a proper attempt; but am open for new ideas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4