+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chairman accepting bids........

Hybrid View

Amateur

Default chairman accepting bids........

If there is a same thread like, I'm sorry, I couldnt find one.

I'm playing as PSV at the moment. Got me a very good brazilian midfielder for 1,8 million euro. One year later Bayern comes alongs and make a bid of 4 million for him. My chairman accepted the bid :O
    I've got 70 million in the bank, making profits every month and competing for the title every year.

Why would the chairman accept such a low bid when this player would become very good. He was only 19 and was a regular every match. There is enough money in the bank so we didnt need it.

This really should be looked at.

Part-Timer

Depending on the chairmans attributes, he may see a 'double your money offer' within a year as a good business deal.

Amateur

hmm, never thought about that. Thanks

Amateur

Was he 'indispensable to the club'? I noticed that if I change the player status to that, the chairman does not accept bids that easily.

Amateur

Try this, set ridiculous price for players you don't want sold. Like 50m+ should keep them interested but reluctant to bid, and even if some clubs go and ask what you want for the player you tell them 50m and they will run away. Works 99,9% of time.

Semi Pro

I don't know about this year as I haven't faced the issue but isn't there a risk that you unsettle your player if you put his asking price too high? I know it has worked that way in some versions at least.

Part-Timer

Try setting the asking price to £0. Will normally result in clubs offering nothing, which your chairman won't accept.

Amateur

I must say I really don't like this concept where your guys are sold without your knowing.

I think it is not really realistic for a team in a good state in a top division of a country, at least when the club doesn't have debts and/or the bid isn't extremely high.

I really think this should only happen in a lower league/at a small club with a big talent where 1-3 million would be a record sale for the club, or if the clubs bank balance is very bad.
    But even then I don't think the bigger clubs would sell a good player as fast as it happens in FM..

Amateur

I like the feature. It adds an element of, "You may think you're the boss, but there is always someone higher up than you who can tell you exactly what to do!" to the game. Kind of like working for Jerry Jones in the NFL.

+ Reply to Thread