JP Woody's Germany style tactics for FM 2012

DOWNLOAD

INTRODUCTION

Well im back with an old favorite, the Germany style tactics which i first created back in 2010 during the World Cup. These are quite different from those tactics although they do keep the 4-2-3-1 formation and attractive attacking football from the original ones. I created them originally using Liverpool, after 2 consecutive league titles i decided to test them further with Heerenveen in Holland.

With Heerenveen i was predicted to finish 7th by the media and was 100/1 to win the league, so a fairly average team in Holland. Add to that i sold my best player to Twente for 5m it was certainly going to be a challenge. The challenge was met though, the team stormed to the league title playing lovely attacking and most importantly winning football. It was double success too as the Dutch cup was also won. The tactic works amazingly well (even if i do say so myself) particularly at home were we won every single game fairly comfortably, even against the big teams in Holland, Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord etc.

The tactic as usual for me is designed for the lazy bastard which i am. No special instructions needed. Its designed totally using the wizard so you can use shouts if you wish although i must stress i never once used them. Its simply plug it in and play.

PLAYER ATTRIBUTES:

GOALKEEPER: Reflexes, Handling, One on Ones

FULLBACKS: Tackling, Marking, Crossing

CENTRE BACK (cover): Heading, Strength, Concentration.

CENTRE BACK: Heading, Pace, Concentration

CENTRE MIDFIELD: Tackling, Creativity, Passing

WINGERS: Crossing, Dribbling, Pace/Acceleration

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER: Dribbling, Flair, Technique

ADVANCED FORWARD: Finishing, Heading, Decisions

Those are just a guide for people who need advice on which players to go for, not rule of thumb by any means so feel free to buy who you want if you so wish.

NEED TO KNOW:

1. Don't Use Opposition Instructions.

2. Small pitch used.

3. Match Preparation to be given to your assistant.

4. Use for both home and away, don't change anything.

5. No shouts used.

TEAM TALKS:

One of the big improvements this year for me is the teamtalks. Now you can give a team teamtalk then also an individual one if you don't think your message is being drilled in. You now get to see players reactions too so you have plenty of opportunity to send your players out positively. You can always give it to the assistant if you don't feel up to it.

I hope you find success with these tactics as i have. Look forward to hearing your feedback. JP.

scheerenveentacticsover.png

eredivisieoverviewstage.png

scheerenveenfixturesfix.png

scheerenveenfixturesfix.png

Might as well use it for Liverpool.

Who do you suggest for those positions? :)

Thanks in advanced.

Used it for 2 seasons with Liverpool, won the league twice, never bought a player. If you need players use the key attributes guide ive posted.

Just updating.Played 3 games with AC Milan and these are my scores:

v Inter - 2-2 After 120 Min (1-1 After 90 min)

v Parma - 0-0

v Lazio - 0-0

It seems that the team is dominating but having hard time to score goals,but in the other hand im not conceding either.

Just updating.Played 3 games with AC Milan and these are my scores:

v Inter - 2-2 After 120 Min (1-1 After 90 min)

v Parma - 0-0

v Lazio - 0-0

It seems that the team is dominating but having hard time to score goals,but in the other hand im not conceding either.

Strange. Im scoring for fun with an average team. Give it a few more games.

Well Done JP decent tactic yet again.

Used it half way through my 2nd season with Gloucester 12.0.4 in blue square prem was very hit and miss but largely put that down to the dire defence i had, but was still heavily involved in games scoring at least 2 in most games i played. I ended the season missing out on the playoffs by 3 points scoring 101 goals conceding 71.

My 3rd season has just begun but with some solid defensive additions like tommy elphick and jake buxton have started really well so far, played 7 won 6 drew 1 scored 22 and conceded 3 so the defensive problems i had last year seem to have gone away with a couple of quality additions, the addition of a young striker i found at truro with pace and acceleration 15 has been a revelation even with finishing 5 and composure 7, so those who don't have big budgets or like me no budget look for a pacey striker.

Loving this tactic.

Doing the Dafuge challenge with Hastings United and in our first season in the Blue Square Prem.

Had an inkling that this was going to work after a pair of 1-1 draws against Championship Preston and Premier League Burnley, and then a fantastic start in the league.

hastingsresultswithjpwo.png

The lone defeat to York was just one of those games where nothing went right, played well but failed to score.

Quality work JP :thup:

Not working too well for me with Chelsea thus far. Was at Wolves, got offered the Chelsea job so took it in the 3rd season. Just lost 3-0 away to WBA and was totally dominated. I've not won since using this tactic at Chelsea, I'm 7 games in!

Just played Man City away, lost 5-1. They had a staggering 32 shots, 13 on target, 7 ccc's! I had 9 shots, 1 on target, 1 ccc. Not doing too well for me at all lol. Maybe my players just don't like it. Saying that, struggling with the tactics on FM12 in general. Tried doing my own on a number of occasions and failed miserably. So unrealistic are the successful ones. Sarting to bore me now if I'm honest!

Giving your tactics a go... I am boro and in 2nd season in prem with a squad that suits this tactic... changed to ur tactics and where unbeaten for a few games,managed to win all but one of my games so far ( around 7-8 games after switching ) THe only loss so far came against a UBER Man City away... With their team and money its really difficult to beat them,since i have no where near their money or quality players...

But i must say, defence is solid mostly, most conceded was in the derby vs Sunderland ( Won 6-4 ) and my city loss ( 0 - 3 ) After theam got more used to formation naturally we start win more and bigger.... Great tactic,and the most stable tactic for me so far, if u not using those extreme settings tactics that tries to exploit wich i dont prefer to use....

Fair play Kung, I don't know why my team struggled so much seeing as I had good defenders. My defence got opened up so easily. Obviously a tactic that works, just not for me!
strange,i have McGowan,Mancienne and Ryan Bennett and they does the job for me,generally i look for mid defenders wich have 15 or more in Anticipation,acc,pace,concentration and positioning

Would have better goal diff if i actually had a better keeper

Team and table in january

premk.jpg

legue.jpg

Just trying this tactic with Getafe and really liking it! Finished 3rd in La Liga, 9 points ahead of 4th place and got to the cup final. Predicted 10th.

Just going into my second season but not much money so had to go for a loan and a couple of free's. Will keep posted on the Champions league campaign.

Has anyone else had a lot of success with the corner routine? Cata Diaz, my CB, finished the season with 18 goals. Would probably have been more but swaped him with my striker to see if I could up his goals tally but it didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started a new game with Leverkusen and thought I'd use this. I decided to change it to 3 at the back so moved one defender into DM spot in the middle behind the two centre mids, so it's like a 3-3-3-1 almost.

First game of preseason went quite well.

2011-11-26_00001.jpg

Gonna continue and I'll let you know if it works, maybe an additional version to your tactic.

I've found this tactic to be very pleasing to watch with Newcastle, had some cracking results and scored a fair few goals. For example Jonas has just scored his tenth of the season in November, I am finding however that the AMC is lost in most games that with 2 fairly decent players occupying that position through out the season those being De Buryne and Ben Arfa.

TEAM TALKS:

One of the big improvements this year for me is the teamtalks. Now you can give a team teamtalk then also an individual one if you don't think your message is being drilled in. You now get to see players reactions too so you have plenty of opportunity to send your players out positively. You can always give it to the assistant if you don't feel up to it.

so what do you say??

• 2 weeks later...

Hey JP. I've been trying to figure out a good 4-2-3-1 in FM12. Seems like it's harder to make that system work in this game than in the previous one. I had a great one going in FM11 that was similar to SFraser's "Meet The System" but it doesn't work very well for me in this game. I downloaded yours to see what your settings were and played a friendly and it went extremely well. Couple of questions for ya:

1) It doesn't appear that your players have any individual instructions (other than set pieces). Is that correct?

2) Do you just change around starting mentality and use shouts to change things up?

3) Does your system produce a realistic number of goals from corners? I really don't want to use a tactic where my central defender gets 20 goals a season.

Thanks mate.

I really don't know what happened but I absolutely can't buy a win with this tactic.

I started using it first season with Almeria in the Liga Adelante and despite selling most of my decent players I managed to win the league. The tactic looked decent- we conceded a bit too much but I put that down to an average defence more than an attack minded tactic. The wingers in particular impressed- lot's of goals and assists. My striker missed sitters constantly but still ended up with twenty for the season.

Fast forward to the next season and my squad is unbelievably better. I have a great defence, decent midfield, good wingers and three different kind of strikers to choose from including Raul who I picked up on a free. I was looking forward to the season as I thought I could potentially make a Euro place as I'd done that multiple times on previous versions after promotion. Well at this rate I'll be lucky not to get relegated; I've been completely outplayed by every team I've faced thus far, my strikers have two goals between them and constantly miss open goals, I concede off almost every direct free kick the opposition gets, and none of my crosses ever reach there target. It's actually really bizarre as I have never had a team play this badly before.

I really don't know what happened but I absolutely can't buy a win with this tactic.

I started using it first season with Almeria in the Liga Adelante and despite selling most of my decent players I managed to win the league. The tactic looked decent- we conceded a bit too much but I put that down to an average defence more than an attack minded tactic. The wingers in particular impressed- lot's of goals and assists. My striker missed sitters constantly but still ended up with twenty for the season.

Fast forward to the next season and my squad is unbelievably better. I have a great defence, decent midfield, good wingers and three different kind of strikers to choose from including Raul who I picked up on a free. I was looking forward to the season as I thought I could potentially make a Euro place as I'd done that multiple times on previous versions after promotion. Well at this rate I'll be lucky not to get relegated; I've been completely outplayed by every team I've faced thus far, my strikers have two goals between them and constantly miss open goals, I concede off almost every direct free kick the opposition gets, and none of my crosses ever reach there target. It's actually really bizarre as I have never had a team play this badly before.

Welcome to Patch 12.1, your gonna love it :thup:

• 5 weeks later...

Seriously like this tactic. Using in my 2nd season.

After a full pre-season breezing friendlies with no real difficulty, and a sucessful Olympics with GB getting to the Final and losing 2-1 to Spain, Casillas getting man of the match. Beat Man Utd 4-1 in the Community Shield using Arsenal, and beating Swansea 1-0 away after 4 clear cuts and 65% possession, it looks great going forward and definsively sound. I know it's early days, but the early signs are very promising.

Seriously like this tactic. Using in my 2nd season.

After a full pre-season breezing friendlies with no real difficulty, and a sucessful Olympics with GB getting to the Final and losing 2-1 to Spain, Casillas getting man of the match. Beat Man Utd 4-1 in the Community Shield using Arsenal, and beating Swansea 1-0 away after 4 clear cuts and 65% possession, it looks great going forward and definsively sound. I know it's early days, but the early signs are very promising.

Are you using this on the latest patch (12.1.1)? I used this for a match and really liked the flow of the game. I then saw JP Woodys comment about it being broken and moved onto a different tactic. Now looking forward to the Hough/Woody tactic

Archived