+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [FM12]The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by roganp View Post
    I'm completely baffled by this

EDIT : A quick google search tells me it's from Star Trek, but I wouldn't know as I've never watched it
    Correctamundo. The 'right supporting cast' comment made me think of it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Good luck with Lazio; they're one of my favourite Italian clubs, mainly just because Gazza played for them
    Thanks AK!
    Last edited by roganp; 01-02-2012 at 00:15.

Amateur

S.S. Lazio - 2023/2024 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Serie A - Achieve a safe mid-table position Media Prediction - 12th
    Coppa Italia - Reach the 1st round.

Budgets

Transfer Budget - 4.4M
    Wage Budget - 825,000 p/w
    Current Wage Bill - 536,799 p/w

Transfers

Key additions:

Islam Ibrahim(CB/DMC/MC) - Signed for 3.5M from Zamalek. Looks a fantastic ball-playing centre back and he also has the ability to play in midfield if required.

Habib West(ST/AMR) - My 2nd non-eu signing and another young talent unearthed in Africa. Signed for 4.4M from Tunisian side ES Tunis.

Herve M'Vemba(CB) - My first signing as Lazio boss. Cost me 2.2M to bring him from Stade Rennais and he's someone who could develop into and excellent centre back.

Carmine Molino(LB) - Initially brought in on loan as I wasn't sure if he was worth the wages he was demanding(around 30,000 p/w IIRC). If all goes well, I have the option to purchase him for 2M.

Mattia Colombo(CM) - Colombo hasn't really shone for any of the other 6 clubs he's played for so far, but he clearly has lots of ability and at 725K, I felt he was worth a punt. He doesn't count as a non-eu signing as he's eligible to play for Italy.

Transfers Summary
    Last edited by roganp; 01-02-2012 at 20:02.

Amateur

Russia - Euro 2024 Qualification & International Frendlies

The perfect qualification campaign. We were always expected to get through this group, but to go through with a 100% record was something I could not have foreseen. The highlights of qualification would obviously be the two victory's over England and after some below-par performances throughout the campaign, the English FA decided to sack another manager. The timing of Ronald Nillson's sacking was slightly strange as they got rid just 4 days before England's final qualification game against Georgia in which there was still a possibility of Georgia qualifying ahead of them.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Current World Ranking - 7th

World Cup 2026 Qualification Group

I can't see us having many problems qualifying from this group.

Reserves

Indeed not, especially after you left England in the dust last time.

Third Team

Excellent qualifying record with Russia,I agree with that you shouldn't have any problems with the World Cup qualifying group.

Youth Team

Fantastic qualifying campaign, you must think you've got a good chance at the Euros now.

England seem to be following you round like a bad smell ;)

Semi Pro

You never know, them Luxembourgonians are crafty devils.

Reserves

Excellent qualifying campaign with some great wins over England. Considering you pawned them last time around you shouldn't have any problems in the next qualifying either. Good luck in the Euros

Semi Pro

Not a bad way to qualify . Should be no problem in the World Cup qualifiers too (well, apart from the Luxembourgonians )

Part-Timer

Excellent qualifying mate!

Amateur

S.S. Lazio - 2023/2024 Mid Season Update

Serie A

So far, so good as we have put ourselves in a good position to qualify for European football next season. I'm doubtful whether we have what it takes to grab the 4th Champions League spot despite us being just 3 points behind Juventus as I feel the other sides around us have better strength in depth and I can see us fading away towards the back end of the season. Still, qualification for Europa League would be fantastic after two 12th and three 10th placed finishes in the last 5 seasons.

TIM Cup - Knocked out in the 1st Round

After an unconvincing 1-0 win in the 3rd qualifying round at home to Serie B side Brescia, we managed to pull off a shock victory in the San Siro against A.C Milan in the 4th qualifying round, winning the game 3-2 on penalties after the scores were tied at 3-3 after extra time. In the 1st round we were drawn against arch rivals Roma, and I thought that my side would be out for revenge after losing to them 4-1 in the league just a few weeks prior to the tie, but no, we were awful and found ourselves on the wrong side of a 4-1 beating once again. The night of the defeat was made even worse when I received news after the game that our best defender so far this season, Islam Ibrahim would be out for 5-6 months after having his leg broken by a Roma player.

Fixtures
    Last edited by roganp; 04-02-2012 at 18:16.

Youth Team

Bad luck with the leg-break; Ibrahim looks like another classy Egyptian! ;)

Third Team

Not doing too bad in the league although that is a nasty injury for Ibrahim and it would just happen to come in the game against Roma.

Reserves

There's something odd about the 'TIM cup', like having a 'John League'. I do know what it stands for and what that's all about but still...

Reserves

I find it odd too. No idea what it stands for, but I hate sponsored league and stadium names and I assume it's one of those pesky ********. I fondly look back at the innocent time when football didn't involve so much whoring out.

Semi Pro

I remember the Chinese FA Cup was once re-named: Sheffield United FA Cup.

For obvious reasons, but still incredibly daft.

Amateur

- Been very busy of late and haven't been able to play much FM, but I have finished the season with Lazio and the Euro's with Russia. Here is the season review for Lazio( A Euro 2024 update will follow, probably tomorrow) :

S.S. Lazio - 2023/2024 Season Review

Serie A

Well, after claiming at the midway point that I was doubtful weather we would be good enough to claim the 4th and final Champions League qualification, I'm delighted to say that I was completely wrong . We were magnificent in the second half of the season, losing just 2 of our final 19 games. A 3rd placed finish with a total of 76 points(A total that would have been enough to win the league last season) is a fantastic season after the incredibly poor state I found the club in when I arrived less than a year ago.

TIM Cup - Knocked out in the 1st round
    See this post for a round-up.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Squad Stats

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Habib West(ST/AMR) - A good debut season for West. He supported Veldhuizen well up front and I even received a bid of 16.25M for him from Marseille at the end of the season, which I rejected.

Carmine Molino(LB) - Molino was very solid at left back and with an agreed transfer fee of 2M I was confident of making the loan a permanent deal, but according to his agent, he is not willing to enter contract discussions so I guess he will be heading back to Marseille.

Mattia Colombo(CM) - Probably our stand out midfield player. A solid debut season.

Dario Rivoira(AMC) - A player who was at the club when I arrived and I wasn't sure if he was the someone who could take us to the Champions League places, but credit to him, he was excellent.

Nico Veldhuizen(ST/AML) - The season Veldhuizen finally delivered as for the first time in his 5 seasons at the club, he reached the 20 goal mark.

Code:
    Year       Team              Country    League                     Position   Important Notes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/2012  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      14th       Joined the club in March 2012
    2012/2013  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      2nd        Playoff Semi-Finalists
    2013/2014  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      1st        Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
    2014/2015  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet Premier    15th       FA Trophy Winners!
    2015/2016  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet Premier    1st        Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners
    2016/2017  Ipswich Town      England    npower League One          1st        Promoted as League Champions
    2017       New York RB       USA        MLS                        1st        Joined 1.6.2017, MLS cup and Open Cup finalists, S Shield winners
    2018/2019  Dundee United     Scotland   SPL                        2nd        Scottish Cup winners, Qualified for CL
    2019/2020  Dundee United     Scotland   SPL                        N/A        Left 3.1.2020 to join Sao Paulo
    2020       Sao Paulo         Brazil     Brasileirao                1st        League, State, Copa Sudamerica, Libertadores and CWC Champions
    2020/2021  Spartak Moscow    Russia     Prem'er Liga               6th        Joined 3.1.2021
    2021/2022  Spartak Moscow    Russia     Prem'er Liga               1st        League champions
    2022/2023  Spartak Moscow    Russia     Prem'er Liga               1st        League & Cup double, Superkubok winners
    2023/2024  Lazio             Italy      Serie A                    3rd        Qualified for the Champions League
    At the end of the season I received job offers from these clubs :

Malaga Offer
    Manchester City Offer
    Liverpool Offer
    Inter Milan Offer
    Real Madrid Offer

The offers from Manchester City and Liverpool were immediately declined as I'm a Manchester United fan and for obvious reasons don't want to manage either of these clubs. The offers from Malaga, Inter and Real Madrid were alot harder to turn down, especially the Madrid offer which was incredibly hard to say no to, but in the end I also declined these offers as I feel I've got plently of work to do with Lazio.
    Last edited by roganp; 16-02-2012 at 11:11.

Tut tut on rejecting the Liverpool job . Still, probably a good decision to stay at Lazio.

Part-Timer
    Champions League prediction winner 2013/2014

Good end of season to only lose 2 games in the run in. Good effort by Veldhuizen and I would expect he will score even more next year.

The Madrid offer must have been very tempting. Difficult to turn down a transfer budget of 598m

Third Team

Brilliant first season at Lazio,that transfer budget at Real Madrid is ridiculously huge and don't think I have seen one that big before

Reserves

Wow, you're in demand.

International Squad

Good first crack at the Scudetto.

Youth Team

Very respectable first season in Rome, qualifying for Champions League football. Should have a great chance at the title next season

Amateur

Good season, hopefully the sign of things to come so glad you decided to stay at Lazio.

Really like the look of your strikeforce by the way, West in particular. As a matter of interest what roles do your strikers play?

Amateur

Russia - Euro 2024 Update

Norway vs Russia (Group Game 1) - Not a convincing start as we needed a penalty to secure all 3 points, but getting the win in our first game was the most important thing. In the other group group Turkey got off to a good start, beating Romania 1-0.

Russia vs Romania (Group Game 2) - Despite the 16 shots at goal, this was an incredibly poor performance. At this point it seemed as if Zavially was the only who could be bothered to put in some effort at this tournament. In the other group game Norway and Turkey drew 2-2.

Russia vs Turkey (Group Group 3) - Only a point in this game would have been needed to see us progress to the knockout rounds, but a Turkey goal with the last kick of game sent us crashing out of the tournament.

Knockout Rounds

A few surprises with Switzerland and Norway, who we beat in the group stage, reaching the Semi-Finals. England's defeat in the final means they have lost in consecutive tournament finals and once again they decide to sack the manager. This time it was Keith Hill who was given the boot.

After the tournament the Russian FA decided to sack me. It was always my plan to leave after the tournament as I want Lazio to be my main focus at this time, but I was slightly surprised at the sacking after the progress I've made with the nation. Still, I guess an International manager will ultimately be judged on how he performs at tournaments and finishing bottom of the group was embarrassing.
    Last edited by roganp; 17-02-2012 at 23:23.

Youth Team

That's a harsh way to go out of the tournament. Very surprising that you lost to Russia too.

Reserves

That's not gone well.

Part-Timer

Oooff, that was a harsh Euro 2024! Would have preferred to go out with a bang, Im sure, but c'est la vie!

Your season with Lazio was a success, by all means, and Im glad you decided to stick it out with them. Theyve always struck me as a sleeping giant (partly because Im old enough to remember the days they were quite a force to be reckoned with!), and hopefully you can restore their former glory!

Habib West looks like a keeper - in fact, I just signed a player with almost the exact same attributes!

Rivoira wouldn't strike me as a the type of player that could carry the team, but he certainly did that, which just goes to prove a theory I've always had - its not always about the attributes!

Amateur

Thanks for your comments everyone

ShyBaldBuddhist - The offer from Madrid was very tempting. It's not often they come calling and with those budgets I would have been able to buy pretty much anyone I wanted, but they had just come off the back of winning the Champions League and I didn't see a challenge there.

City 2000 - Last season I had West in a poacher role and Veldhuizen as a target man, but with a few new attacking players joining us in the summer I've decided to switch to a new formation which I will talk about in my season preview

abulezz - I was surprised at the impact Rivoira was able to make as he was a player I didn't really rate when I joined. Despite having an excellent season, I'm not sure he's the type of player who can take us to the next level, which is why I went out and signed a new AMC in the summer.

Semi Pro

That's a harsh way to go out of the tournament. Very surprising that you lost to Russia too.
    He lost to Russia? He is Russia.

I think you mean Romania

Youth Team

Whoops, that's the one! They both start with 'R'!

International Squad

And end in ia.

Reserves

And used to be commie.

Amateur

S.S. Lazio - 2024/2025 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Serie A - Qualify for Champions League through league position Media Prediction - 6th
    UEFA Champions League - Reach the group stage
    TIM Cup - Reach the Quarter Finals

Budgets

Transfer Budget - 14.1M
    Wage Budget - 650K p/w
    Current Wage Bill - 488,908 p/w

Transfers

Transfers Summary

Here are some of the main signings :

Edgar Bazan (ST/AMC) - Noticed last December that his contract would expire in the summer and moved quickly in January to get him to sign a pre-contract, which he did. Delighted that we were able to get such a quality young player on a free.

Jerzy Socha (GK) - I didn't have much confidence in the two first team keepers we had, so I decided to invest in a new number one.

Senzo Ndlovu (ST/AMR) - A player I managed to find while searching some of the big clubs in Africa. I saw he was having a very good season for Zamalek(15 goals in 18 appearances) and decided to bring him to Italy.

Denis Obradovic (CB) - Obradovic had been a regular in the Partizan first team since the age of 18 and had been performing consistently well for them. He's a young defender with excellent potential which is why I meet his 3.7M release clause and brought him here.

Antonio (AMC/AMR) - Wanted to leave Recreativo after the club had been relegated from La Liga and my scout told me he would be available at a bargain price of 2.5M which I was happy to pay.

Gianluca Bettini (DR/CB) - I started to notice a lack of Italian players in our sqaud and as I was in need of another full-back, I decided to invest in Bettini.

Fred van der Vegt (AMC) - One to keep and eye on for the future. He looks pretty decent at 18 and hopefully he can develop into a first team player.

Bovid Lepaye (ST) - Another exciting young prospect who I was able to get for a pretty cheap price.

Youth Intake

Only one player worth mentioning :

Giancarlo Traini Profile
    Giancarlo Traini Report

Our Champions League group :

Should be a tough group, but I'm confident that we can progress to the knockout rounds.

Club Takeover :

A takeover had been on the cards for some time and one was finally completed recently. Unfortunately, it wasn't very exciting as a director seized control of the club and announced there would be no further investment at this stage.

Reserves

Excited about van der Vegt

Semi Pro

Looks like a great Champions League group to be part of.

Amateur

S.S. Lazio - 2024/2025 Mid Season Update

Serie A

Fixtures

A mixed start to our season as we got off to a decent start, opening up with a good draw away to Inter and also beating one of our title rivals, Sampdoria 3-1 at home in our first 5 games. However, we soon hit a rough patch towards the of September and throughout the month of October, but a win in the Rome derby at the start of November(my first since joining the club) got us back on track.

The real turn around though, for me, came in the away game against A.C Milan when after finding ourselves a goal down I decided to switch from the 4-2-3-1 formation that I chose to adopt at the start of the season in order to fit all of our attacking players into a first 11, to a 4-3-1-2 that had been so successful for us last season. This change in tactics seemed to spark a fantastic turn around in performance and we ran out as emphatic 4-1 winners. A run of 7 straight victory's after that game has put us right in the title mix, but I think if we finish in the top 3 again it will go down as a good campaign.

UEFA Champions League - Through to the 1st Knockout Round

After securing an excellent point away to Bayern in our first group game we really struggled, suffering a home defeat at the hands of Ajax, just scraping past a poor Rangers side at home and then losing at their place which left us bottom of the group and exit from Europe looking very likely. We gave ourselves a fighting chance with the fantastic 5-2 home win against Bayern and we went into the final game away to Ajax knowing that only a win would be enough to see us progress. Our travelling support in Amsterdam were not to leave dissapointed as we put in an excellent performance, winning the game and booking our place in the knockout rounds as runners up of the group.

TIM Cup - Through to the Quarter Finals

We came into the competition 2 rounds later than last season and we already find ourselves in the quarter finals after a good win at home to Juventus. With the likes of Inter, Sampdoria, Fiorentina and Roma all going out in the 1st round we could have a great opportunity at winning a piece of silverware and for that reason I will be taking this competition very seriously.
    Last edited by roganp; 18-03-2012 at 14:29.

International Squad

A good chance for the Scudetto.

Solid going so far in the league which is far from over.

Banned

Keep up the good work Great career so far!

Amateur

Awesome career!

Reserves

I doubt Sampdoria will keep it up.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    I doubt Sampdoria will keep it up.
    I agree, they're like the Spurs of Italy. Always promise so much, then let you down when it really matters

Third Team

Looking good so far,hopefully Sampdoria will slip up and you can take advantage of the situation.

Amateur

- Hi, all. It's been a little while since I last posted on these boards as I've been pre-occupied with exams and barely had a moment to play FM. Now that they are over it's the perfect time for me to get back to this save and get this thread back on track, so here is the review for the latest season in my career :

S.S. Lazio - 2024/2025 Season Review

Serie A

The second half of the season is when we really shone in the previous campaign as we lost just 2 of our final 19 games, but unfortunately we were unable to produce a similar run this season and with Sampdoria looking pretty unstoppable for the whole season, we had to settle for a distant 2nd. Still, I'm pleased we were able to improve on last seasons 3rd place finish and we also improved on our points total by a mammoth one point . Another positive is that we managed to do the double over arch rivals Roma and after finishing above them in league for the second season running, I think it's fair to say that we are currently the top team in Rome.

UEFA Champions League - Knocked out in the 1st Knockout Round

After finishing runners up in a pretty tough group we were handed a knockout round tie against the holders of the Premier League, Manchester United. We put in a decent performance in the first leg at home and should have scored more than the one goal, but unfortunately were wasteful with our chances and they managed to secure the all important away goal. In the second leg we looked very good going forward, managing to create a number of good opportunities, but a poor defensive performance meant we conceded four goals and crashed out of the tournament. Overall, I think we should be very pleased with how we faired on our a return to the Champions League.

TIM Cup - Winners!

After beating Juventus we were drawn against Serie B side Lecce who managed to pull off a big upset in the previous round by knocking out Sampdoria away from home. I was worried that another upset was on the cards when after just 3 minutes Lecce took the lead, but we managed to recover and eventually booked our place in the Semi's after two goals in extra time. We then pretty much confirmed our place in the final after a fantastic 3-0 victory over Torino in the first leg of the Semi's, before sealing the tie with a 4-3 win back at their place.

The final against recently relegated Parma was probably one of the easiest I'm likely to come across as we raced into a 3 goal lead after just 21 minutes and pretty much dominated the entire game. I'm delighted to have secured my first trophy as Lazio manager and hopefully this is just the first of many trophies I'll win at the club.
    Final Overview

Fixtures 1 | 2 | 3

Squad Stats

Transfers - There was one addition in the January transfer window as young French prospect Frederic Beaubrun joined the club for 750K. I feel I have secured myself a real gem here and he's already shown that he has the potential to be a top class player by putting in two excellent performances in the cup, one of which was in the cup final. Next season I'll be looking to loan him out as I feel first team football would really benefit him at this stage in his career.

Finances

Key Players

Jerzey Socha (GK) - It's not often that I recognize a goal keeper as a key player, but Socha really was key member of our squad this season, putting in a number of excellent performances between the sticks.

Denis Obradovic (CB) - A very solid debut season for the young Serb. Throughout the season he looked very assured at the back whilst also chipping in with some goals at the other end. He's certainly someone who will have a bright future at the club.

Antonio (AMC) - When I was told by my scout last summer that I could pick this lad up for just 2.5M I moved to bring him in as quickly as possible and it was money very well spent as he played a crucial role in our team just behind the two strikers.

Edgar Bazan (ST/AMC) - I knew that when I agreed to bring Bazan in on a free transfer I had secured a fantastic young player and he didn't disappoint, reaching the 20 goal mark in his debut season in Europe. There's been strong interest in him from Liverpool and Barcelona, but there's no way I'll be selling unless it's for a world record transfer fee.

Nico Veldhuizen (ST/AML) - Another successful campaign for the club captain and legend, however I still feel that he is capable of scoring more goals as he started the season slowly but that was probably my fault as I was playing him on the wings during the early part of the season.

Code:
    Year       Team              Country    League                     Position   Important Notes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/2012  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      14th       Joined the club in March 2012
    2012/2013  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      2nd        Playoff Semi-Finalists
    2013/2014  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      1st        Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
    2014/2015  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet Premier    15th       FA Trophy Winners!
    2015/2016  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet Premier    1st        Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners
    2016/2017  Ipswich Town      England    npower League One          1st        Promoted as League Champions
    2017       New York RB       USA        MLS                        1st        Joined 1.6.2017, MLS cup and Open Cup finalists, S Shield winners
    2018/2019  Dundee United     Scotland   SPL                        2nd        Scottish Cup winners, Qualified for CL
    2019/2020  Dundee United     Scotland   SPL                        N/A        Left 3.1.2020 to join Sao Paulo
    2020       Sao Paulo         Brazil     Brasileirao                1st        League, State, Copa Sudamerica, Libertadores and CWC Champions
    2020/2021  Spartak Moscow    Russia     Prem'er Liga               6th        Joined 3.1.2021
    2021/2022  Spartak Moscow    Russia     Prem'er Liga               1st        League champions
    2022/2023  Spartak Moscow    Russia     Prem'er Liga               1st        League & Cup double, Superkubok winners
    2023/2024  Lazio             Italy      Serie A                    3rd        Qualified for the Champions League
    2024/2025  Lazio             Italy      Serie A                    2nd        TIM Cup Winners
    Last edited by roganp; 30-05-2012 at 16:30.

Youth Team

Congrats on the TIM Cup! That new signing does look pretty good

Reserves

Pity Sampdoria were so far ahead.

International Squad

Well done Rogan.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Congrats on the TIM Cup! That new signing does look pretty good
    Cheers cerud, I'm very excited about Beaubrun as I think he could be an excellent player. I've managed to secure him a loan deal in the Championship with Millwall, hopefully he will get regular first team action there and continue to progress.
    Pity Sampdoria were so far ahead.
    Indeed. I've spent pretty big in the summer so hopefully we can close the gap this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Well done Rogan.
    Thanks Nobby ;)
    Last edited by roganp; 31-05-2012 at 19:47.

Youth Team

Welcome back... and well done on the cup win!

Amateur

Welcome back... and well done on the cup win!
    Cheers AK, it's good to be back

Amateur

S.S. Lazio - 2025/2026 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Serie A - Challenge for the title Media Prediction - 5th
    UEFA Champions League - Reach the group stage
    TIM Cup - Reach the Quarter Final
    Supercoppa - Not regarded as important

Budgets

Transfer Budget - 54.11M
    Wage Budget - 725K p/w
    Current Wage Bill - 561,686 p/w

Transfers

Transfers Summary

Carmine Molino (LB) - Back on loan for a thrid successive season which is not ideal, however with there being a lack of left back talent available in the game and Molino wanting 50K p/w join permanently, another season long loan was probably the best option.

Gianpaolo De Stefani (CB) - Had been a regular in Serie A & B for Chievo since the age of 17 and I moved quickly to secure him on a pre-contract in January when I saw that his contract was running out. He is described as a "wonderkid" in the game and hopefully he can fulfil that potential.

Giuseppe Pastorello (CB) - Big money spent to bring Juventus' brightest young talent to the club. He's another young centre back who's described as a "wonderkid" and I have no doubts that he is a future club captain.

Aboubacar Diabate (MC/AMC) - I felt we lacked creativity in central midfield and with Diabate avaliable at a very reasonable price I felt it was a sensible signing.

Andis Scherer (DR/MR) - With our main right back from the last two seasons Martin Morini leaving to join Bari I needed to invest in a replacement and Scherer looks an excellent prospect.

Glenn Maes (CB) - Decent young prospect signed for 190K for Beerschot AC.

Marek Bajza (GK) - Brought in to provide competition for the number one goalie spot. In Bajza and Socha I feel we have two very solid goalkeepers.

Justice Owusu (AMC/AMR/MC) - A player I actually tried to sign when I first joined the club, but he opted for a move to the Saudi league with Al-Ittihad. He's cost 4.2M me more than he would have had I been able to persuade him to join back then, but he's a good young prospect and I was happy to pay 6M to bring him to Rome.

Tete (CM/DM) - Signed on the last day of the transfer window from Genoa to bolster our midfield options.

Champions League group :

For the second season in a row we've been draw into a very tough group and I would say this group will be even harder to progress than last years as we come up against French champions PSG, giants Real Madrid and Schalke who only finished runners up in the Bundesliga to Bayern Munich on goal difference. If make it to the knockout rounds it would be a fantastic achievement.
    Last edited by roganp; 01-06-2012 at 15:04.

Youth Team

So is the Prime Minister threatening to shut down your league for a few years? ;)

Amateur

cerud - Thankfully there's no signs of corruption in my gameworld, so no ;)

This now gives us top training facilities and State of the Art Youth facilities. Soon after the completion of these upgraded facilities I asked for further upgrades which the board were happy to go through with :

I have also decided to reduce the number or leagues in my save as there are some leagues that I have no intention of managing in or returning to. The leagues I have removed are :

Australia - All tiers
    Denmark - All tiers
    England - Blue Square Bet Premier
    Mexico - All tiers
    Romania - All tiers
    South Korea - All tiers
    Sweden - All tiers
    Ukraine - All tiers

I'm coming close to the mid-way point now so an update should be up sometime today or tomorrow.

Third Team

Good 2nd place finish and congrats on the cup win.Good luck for the new season.

Also good to see you back

Amateur

Thanks B.W.G

S.S. Lazio - 2025/2026 Mid Season Update

Serie A

Fixtures

At the halfway point I'm delighted that we find ourselves just 3 points off the top. Apart from the heavy defeat against Sampdoria and the home draw against Brescia we've looked very good, resulting in just the one defeat up to this point, but I do worry that we're not scoring enough goals and have found that we tend to take our foot off the gas after going a goal or two up in games, instead of looking to push on and win matches by 4 or 5 goals. Still, there have been many positives from the first half of this season and hopefully we can push on in the second half and secure the clubs first Scudetto since 2000.

Suppercoppa - Lost vs Sampdoria

Not the best way to start the season as a poor performance against the league champions resulted in a 2-0 defeat in the seasons curtain raiser.

UEFA Champions League - Through to the 1st Knockout Round

With us being drawn against the Champions League holders Real Madrid, French champions PSG and Bundesliga runners up Schalke, this was always going to be an incredibly tough group to progress from, so to do so is an excellent achievement. We didn't get off to the greatest of starts as we lost our opening game 2-1 away to PSG before scraping a 1-0 win at home to Schalke and then losing 2-1 away to Madrid.

In the return game against Madrid they enjoyed much of the possession, but we were far more clinical in front of goal and secured an excellent 3-1 victory. Against PSG we were completely dominant and in all honesty could've beaten them by 7 or 8 goals. That emphatic win put us top of the group going into the final game against Schalke and two goals from club captain Nico Veldhuizen in that game ensured that we qualified for the 1st Knockout Round as group winners.

TIM Cup - Through to the Quarter Finals

The first game in our quest to retain the TIM Cup was certainly an eventful one as no less than 15 cards were dished out(12 yellows, 3 reds) in a fiercely contested Rome derby that required extra time to be settled. I was worried about our chances of progressing when after just 28 minutes full back Gianluca Bettini was shown the first red card of the game, leaving us a man down.

However, 7 minutes later we found ourselves leading the game as South African forward Senzo Ndlovu pounced on a defensive error and calmly nodded home. The game then went pretty quiet, until shortly after half time when a second player of ours was shown the red card. This time it was young centre back Gianpaolo De Stefani who was dismissed after 48 minutes and just 2 minutes later Roma equalised.

The drama didn't stop there as in the dying minutes of injury time Roma were awarded a penalty which was blasted over the bar, sending the game into extra time where substitute Edgar Bazan scored a brace to send us through the the next round.
    Game vs Roma Overview
    Last edited by roganp; 01-06-2012 at 18:12.

Youth Team

Going well on three fronts - the league, CL and TIM Cup. Should be a great season

Amateur

Going well on three fronts - the league, CL and TIM Cup. Should be a great season
    I hope so! We're certainly looking strong as the season reaches it's climax, but we've just been hit by the news that Edgar Bazan will be out injured for 6 weeks and I'm slightly fearful about the impact this could have on our chances of winning silverware this season as he's such a key player.

Reserves

Well done in that CL group.

Nice little tussle at the top of the table.

Amateur

Cheers for your comments fellas
    Last edited by roganp; 18-06-2012 at 17:33.

Amateur

S.S. Lazio - 2025/2026 Season Review

Serie A

A fantastic title race to be apart of. Inter pushed us all the way to the final of the day of the season, but we were good enough to secure the clubs first scudetto since 2000 with a 4-2 home victory against Fiorentina.

UEFA Champions League - Knocked out in the Quarter Finals

After topping an incredibly tough group, I was confident that we could put together a strong run in the Champions League and my confidence only grew when we eliminated Germany giants Bayern Munich, beating them in both legs. The 1st leg of the Quarter Finals against PSG was probably up there with the most frustrating games I've witnessed on FM as we completely dominated the game, created a number of fantastic opportunities, but only managed to score once and conceded an equaliser in the 86th minute. Going into the return leg I still maintained hope that we could progress to the Semi's, but unfortunately it wasn't to be and we were eliminated from the competition.

Suppercoppa - Lost vs Sampdoria

TIM Cup - Winners!

After coming through an eventful tie against arch rivals Roma, we managed to pull off an excellent victory by defeating Inter at the San Siro. In the 1st leg of the Semi's against Fiorentina we struggled, falling behind after just 7 minutes, before equalising 10 minutes from time and then going on to demolish them in the return leg. In the final against AC Milan we completely dominated the game, running out comfortable 3-0 winners to retain the cup.
    Final Overview

Fixtures 1 | 2 | 3

Squad Stats

Transfers - There was one addition in October as Portuguese midfielder Joao Vidigal joined the club on a free transfer after being released by Atletico Madrid in the summer. In January there was one departure as defensive midfielder Everaldo returned home to Brazil to join Corinthians.

Finances

Key Players

Mattia Colombo (CM) - A fantastic contribution from Colombo who has become well known for his scoring of spectacular goals.

Giuseppe Pastorello (CB) - Definitely a future club captain. An excellent first season at the club and I'm sure it's just the start of many great years for him at Lazio.

Antonio (AMC) - Proved once again that the 2.5M I paid to bring him from Spain was a bargain.

Nico Veldhuizen (ST/AML) - Didn't score quite as many as season, but the club captain was still an important player for us.

Edgar Bazan (ST/AMC) - A player who's fast turning out to be my best ever free transfer. If it wasn't for suffering a broken arm in March that sidelined him for 5 weeks, his season would have been even better and I feel we would have progressed further in the Champions League as he missed the two games against PSG.

Code:
    2024/2025  Lazio             Italy      Serie A                    2nd        TIM Cup Winners
    2025/2026  Lazio             Italy      Serie A                    1st        League and Cup Double!
    - I've got a few updates to come as the World Cup has just finished and I have news of a new International job.

Youth Team

Congrats on your Serie A title good luck with the new season trying to retain it

Reserves

Good luck chasing the CL.

Youth Team

Still a good Double with winning the leaue and TIM Cup. Give you a place to really jump into Europe for next year!

Amateur

World Ranking - 11th
    Rival Nations - Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Italy, France and Portugal

Key Players - Angelo, Dineiro, Fuska, Fabio and Xarophino.

So, after a far from impressive world cup campaign where they eliminated at the group stage, Brazil have fired their coach and decided to hire me. There was also an offer from The Netherlands, but I felt the chance to take over at Brazil was an something I could not turn down. My first fixture should be interesting as we travel to Wembley to play England in a friendly. I will update at the end of the year.

Amateur

20th July 2026 - RESIGNED!

After announcing to the media that I would interested in taking over the vacant managerial position at Real Madrid, the board felt my actions were unacceptable and issued me with an ultimatum; apologize but face the possibility of the sack or resign and keep my reputation intact. It was a tough decision, but I decided to resign from my post as Lazio manager. For the foreseeable future I'm happy to concentrate solely on my job with Brazil, but I will not hesitate to jump back into club management if I receive the right offer. As I would like Spain or Germany to be my next destination, I do not mind waiting for a side from either these countries to make me a good offer.

Last edited by roganp; 18-06-2012 at 19:45.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by acidmonkey View Post
    Congrats on your Serie A title good luck with the new season trying to retain it
    Good luck chasing the CL.
    Still a good Double with winning the leaue and TIM Cup. Give you a place to really jump into Europe for next year!
    Thanks for your comments guys. I was building a nice team with Lazio and a real crack at the Champions League next season would have been nice, but with a reduced budget for the new season and the board offering me an ultimatum after declaring my interest in the Real Madrid job, I decided it was best to move on. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Lazio and I'm delighted that I can leave on the back of a Scudetto win

International Squad

Great season Rogan.

Reserves

So Real Madrid next?

Third Team

Excellent season,hope you can get the Real Madrid job

Youth Team

Good season with Lazio- shame you had to resign!

Amateur

Its a real shame the board forced your resignation. I would have expected them to be more forgiving given you just won them the title.

Amateur

Well, in the end I didn't get offered the Real Madrid job, that position was given to Frank De Boer. I'm in no rush to jump back into club management and will focus on my job with Brazil while I wait for a suitable offer.

Amateur

Brazil - Year 2026 Review

Fixtures

- My first game was against England

Well, It's not been the start that I envisioned when I agreed to take over the reigns as Brazil manager. After the debacle of the 2026 World Cup which saw the manager sacked, I looked forward to taking over and getting things back on track for such a great footballing nation. However, despite having a wealth of fanatastic talent at my disposal, I have yet to find a way of fitting them all into the same team and getting them to click and in all honesty it's been very frustrating.

With just one win under my belt thus far I've got alot of work do if this team is to be seriously competitive at this summers upcoming Copa America. Speaking of which, here is the draw for the Copa America.

End of Year World Ranking - 15th

Key Players

Angelo (ST/AMC) - Now a veteran in this Brazil side, Angelo put in some good performances in my opening 5 games, but I will expecting more from him in the next year.

Felipinho (ST) - Another excellent attacking talent that I have at my disposal, but he hasn't quite delivered for Brazil so far in his career. He was one of our better performances, but like Angelo, I will be expecting alot more from Felipinho next year.

Bispo (ML/MC/AML) - Showed some real promise on the left flank and a player who I looked forward to seeing more of.
    Last edited by roganp; 23-07-2012 at 15:24.

Youth Team

Hopefully next year is better for Brazil. How about the domestic club front? Any offers?

Amateur

Hopefully next year is better for Brazil. How about the domestic club front? Any offers?
    There is some news regarding my club future, but I will wait until after the Copa America to reveal it.

Amateur

Brazil - 2027 Copa America Update

Argentina vs Brazil (Group Game 1) - What a start to the tournament! With it being the first game of the tournament for both sides and against our arch rivals I was expecting a cagey affair, but what a performance and a fantastic way to kick off our campaign.

Brazil vs Venezuela (Group Game 2) - Completely dominated the game and with this emphatic result we secured qualification to the knockout rounds.

Brazil vs Paraguay (Group Game 3) - After already securing qualification to the knockout rounds in the previous game against Venezuela, we seemed to take our foot off the gas slightly and were unable to make a far superior possession count. Thankfully, this point was enough for us to top the group.

Knockout Rounds

Awards

Dream Team - Abilio, Bife, Pereira, Junior, Angelo, Felipinho

Golden Boot - Felipinho (7 Goals)

Champions!!! In the quarters Ecuador put up a good fight as it took goals in the 88th and 91st minute to see them off, but the semi's against Bolivia was a very comfortable tie and we probably should have scored more than the 2 goals. The final was also pretty comfortable, Colombia rarely threatened our goal during the game and a 22nd minute goal from Felipinho was enough to secure the Copa America, Brazil's first since 2007.

Next up for us is two friendlies in September against England and Saudi Arabia, then the hard work begins to try and qualify for the 2030 World Cup. I also will have some news about a new club coming up shortly.
    Last edited by roganp; 23-07-2012 at 15:25.

Amateur

18th June 2027 - Back in club management

Stadium - Signul Iduna Park
    Capacity - 80,720 (53,569 Seated)

Job Offer

Ballspiel-Verein Borussia 1909 e. V. Dortmund, commonly known as Borussia Dortmund [boˈʁusi̯a ˈdoɐ̯tʰmuntʰ], Dortmund, or BVB, is a German sports club based in Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia. Dortmund is one of the most successful clubs in German football history. Borussia Dortmund play in the Bundesliga, the top tier of German football league system. They are the current Bundesliga champions.
    Borussia Dortmund have won eight German football championships, three German Cups, a record-tying four German Supercups, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, and one Intercontinental Cup. Their UEFA Cup Winners' Cup win in 1966 made them the first German team to win a European title.
    Since 1974, Dortmund have played their home games at Westfalenstadion. The stadium is the biggest stadium in Germany and the sixth biggest in Europe. Dortmund holds a long-standing rivalry with Schalke 04, and matches between the two teams are referred to as the Revierderby. Borussia Dortmund's motto is "Echte Liebe" (English: "True Love").

Taken from wikipedia.
    Well, I said I would wait until after the Copa America to reveal my new club and here it is. I have joined German giants Borrusia Dortmund. Throughout the 2026/2027 season I was receiving offers from clubs, but none of them really got me excited. That was until at the end of the season Ricardo Moniz decided to retire from football, leaving the Dortmund managerial position vacant and when it was offered to me I didn't hesitate to sign on the dotted line.

Just the one league title since the start of the game and the club seem to have struggled in recent years with last seasons 4th placed finish being the clubs best finish for a number of seasons. My first job will be to get the club back into the Champions League(4th qualify's for the Europa League) and then I will look to stop the dominance of Bayern Munich who have won the last 5 league titles.

Here are the pick of the players I inherited from the previous manager :

Moidrag Bozovic (CM) - Definitely the squad's most talented player and someone I actually tried to sign for Lazio while he was playing for Slovan Bratislava, but he chose to sign for Dortmund in a deal worth 4.7M.

Jacek Mierzejewski (CB) - Didn't have a great dbut season after joining from Celtic the previous summer, but he's young and could go on to be a very good centre back.

Ruud Monnikhof (ML/AML) - On the wrong side of 30 now, but he's still a player who has alot to contribute and someone I will be looking to keep around.

Svein Rune Holmen - Seems to be a real fans favourite and despite me not being that impressed with his attributes, he's been a very consistent performer for the club over the last 4 seasons so I will wait until pre-season to make a full judgement on him.

Third Team

Congrats on winning Copa America with Brazil and the best of luck with Dortmund.

International Squad

As BWG said.

Youth Team

Great job on the Copa America! Good choice in Dortmund too.

Reserves

Dortmund's a great place to go.

Amateur

Borussia Dortmund - 2027/2028 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Bundesliga - Qualify for UEFA Champions League Media Prediction - 3rd
    UEFA Europa League - Reach Second Knockout Round
    DFB-Pokal - Reach Semi-finals

Budgets

Transfer Budget - 36.87M
    Wage Budget - 1.3M p/w
    Current Wage Bill - 809,437 p/w

Transfers

Transfers Summary

Gilson (ST/AMC) - The first player I agreed to bring in for a bargain 6.5M after he found himself out of favour at Lyon. I can't wait to see him in action for us.

Islam Shokry (MR/AMR) - Tricky winger signed from AEK Athens for 4.8M.

Dmitriy Kryakushin (GK) - A new keeper was needed and I had no issues with meeting Kryakushin's 2M release clause to bring him from Dinamo Bucharest.

Branko Martac (ST) - Was transfer listed by Liverpool and I had to beat off competition from a number of clubs to get him here. Will be a good back-up for Gilson and has the potential to become an excellent striker.

Guido Barrios (ST/AML/AMC) - The big money signing from Argentina. It took alot of negotiations with his club Lanus to bring him here and I had to break Dortmund's transfer record, but I believe he will be worth it.

Adigun Babatunde (MC/DM) - Another fairly big money signing who I had tracked for some time at Lazio but never really had to funds to sign him. He should form a excellent central midfield partnership with Bozovic.

Mladen Martic (LB) - Solid defender with the potential to become a fantastic full back.

Amir Hossam (AMC/MC) - Met his 7.5M release clause to sign him from Basle. His fantastic dribbling, first touch and passing, along with his excellent physical attributes should make him a deadly attacking midfielder.

Julian Andres Bermudez (CB/DM/CM) - A player who I looked at, but didn't initially plan to sign in this transfer window. That was until Bayern Munich made a bid and I knew this was a player I couldn't allow to go to such a big rival.

Jaud Kembisala (RB) - The last signing of this transfer window and another fairly big money deal.

So, there was no shortage of transfer activity in this transfer window as I spent big to try a build that will be able to compete with the dominant force that is Bayern Munich. I also managed to re-coup alot of the funds spent on bringing players in by selling off the deadwood I inherited from the previous manager and controversially allowing a few fan favourites such as Sviene Rune Holmen to leave simply because I didn't really rate them as highly as the fans did and I was able to get very good money for them.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Congrats on winning Copa America with Brazil and the best of luck with Dortmund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    As BWG said.
    Great job on the Copa America! Good choice in Dortmund too.
    Dortmund's a great place to go.
    Cheers fellas, I'm looking forward to my spell in Germany with Dortmund.

Amateur

Borussia Dortmund - 2027/2028 Mid Season Update

Bundesiga

Fixtures

After an initial struggle(probably down to all the signings trying to gel) we've been very impressive and are not far behind Bayern Munich who as expected are leading from the front. The first game after the winter break is crucial as we welcome Bayern Munich to the Signal Iduna Park. A win in that game would allow us to put real pressure on Bayern by moving just a point behind them, but defeat would leave us with a lot of work to do if we want to prevent them from winning a 6th league title in a row.

UEFA Europa League - Through the 1st Knockout Round

The perfect European campaign so far. After coming through the qualifying round with relative ease against Polish side Lech we cruised through our group, winning 6 out of 6 games and topping the group. In the 1st knockout round we've been handed a tough tie against cash rich Spanish side FC Cartagena.

DFB-Pokal - Through to the Quarter Finals

It's been a comfortable route to the Quarters so far as we started off by easily despatching lower league side Barnberg in what was our first competitive game of the season. In the 2nd round we came up against fellow Bundesliga side Hoffenheim, and again won with ease before seeing off 2nd tier side Gladbach in the 3rd round.

Youth Team

Great start to the season and all competitions

Very nice start .

Amateur

Brazil - Year 2027 Review

A big improvement on last year for the Brazil national team as we performed well in friendlies, only losing to England in what was a disappointing performance. I was also able to guide the nation to continental glory as we triumphed in the Copa America, the country's first since 2007. This year qualification for the 2030 World Cup begun and after 4 games we sit 2nd in the table.

Best Eleven

End of Year World Ranking - 2nd

Key Players

Xaropinho (DR/WBR) - A very solid year for the full back. Unfortunately he suffered an injury in the first game of the Copa America which ruled him out of the rest of that tournament, but he was excellent every time he played this year.

Pereira (CB) - Started every game we played this and was a key reason why we only conceded two goals in the Copa America.

Angelo (ST/AMC) - Now a veteran in this Brazil side with 116 caps. I'm not sure if he will surpass Pele's all time top goalscoring record of 77, but nevertheless, he will go down as a Brazil legend.

Fuska (AMC/ST) - Was very good in the Copa America and is a key player in this side.

Felipinho (ST) - Top goalscorer in the Copa America and had an all round excellent year.

Amateur

Great start to the season and all competitions
    Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Very nice start .
    Cheers guys .

Amateur

Borussia Dortmund - 2027/2028 Season Review

Bundesliga

We came back from the winter break in 2nd place, 4 points behind Bayern. The first game back was crucial as we faced Bayern at home, a game we emphatically won 5-0, sending out a real signal of intent to the side who had won 8 of the last 10 Bundesliga titles. In the months following that result we maintained good form, but after an embarrassing 6-0 defeat in the derby game against Schalke I was wasn't sure if we would have the mental strength to recover from such a setback, but credit to the squad, we did and surprisingly Bayern seemed to buckle under pressure, failing to win 4 games in a row during the month of April which allowed us to gain control of the title race. Although we seemed to try our best to throw away the title by not winning our final 2 games, our superior goal difference meant we became champions for the first time since 2013.

DFB-Pokal - Winners!
    2nd tier side Ingolstadt were easily brushed aside in the quarters, but in the semi's we were given our toughest game in the competition up to that point as Frankfurt made things very difficult for us and were probably unlucky to not send the game to extra time. We managed to sneak through that and the final was an incredible game as we took a 4-3 lead in the 93rd minute, only for Stuttgart to go down the other end from kick off and equalise, sending the game into extra time. With both sides in stalemate after extra time the game went to penalties were we prevailed, winning 3-1 and securing the double.

UEFA Europa League - Knocked out in the Semi-Finals
    After coming through what proved to be a fantastic 1st round knockout tie against Cartagena, we breezed past Hamburg, winning 9-0 on aggregate. We then pulled of a great victory in the quarters, beating Sampdoria in Italy after a 1-1 draw in the home leg. Unfortunately we weren't able to reach the final as fellow Bungesliga side and title rivals Kaiserslautern prevailed on penalties after an incredibly tight two legs of football. Atletico Madrid went on to win the trophy, winning 1-0 in the final.

Fixtures 1 | 2 | 3

Squad Stats

Transfers
    There were some departures in the January window as I got rid of some more of the dead wood I inherited from the previous coach. I also allowed a promising youngster in Branko Martac to go out on loan to gain first team experience.

Finances

Key Players

Julian Andres Bermudez (CB/DM/CM) - Excellent first season at the club for the powerful defender as he was named defender of the year.

Islam Shokry (MR/AMR) - Part of our fantastic front four that allowed us to play some fantastic attacking football this season.

Guido Barrios (ST/AML/AMC) - It took a club record transfer fee to bring him in, but he was certainly worth the money. At the end of the season he was named German Football of the Year.

Amir Hossam (AMC/MC) - A fantastic dbut season for the attacking midfielder as he provided plenty of goals and assists.

Gilson (ST/AMC) - What a season! Top goalscorer in the league and 52 goals in all competitions. All that for just 6.5M.

Code:
    Year       Team                 Country    League                     Position   Important Notes
    2011/2012  Boston United        England    Blue Square Bet North      14th       Joined the club in March 2012
    2012/2013  Boston United        England    Blue Square Bet North      2nd        Playoff Semi-Finalists
    2013/2014  Boston United        England    Blue Square Bet North      1st        Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
    2014/2015  Boston United        England    Blue Square Bet Premier    15th       FA Trophy Winners!
    2015/2016  Boston United        England    Blue Square Bet Premier    1st        Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners
    2016/2017  Ipswich Town         England    npower League One          1st        Promoted as League Champions
    2017       New York RB          USA        MLS                        1st        Joined 1.6.2017, MLS cup and Open Cup finalists, S Shield winners
    2018/2019  Dundee United        Scotland   SPL                        2nd        Scottish Cup winners, Qualified for CL
    2019/2020  Dundee United        Scotland   SPL                        N/A        Left 3.1.2020 to join Sao Paulo
    2020       Sao Paulo            Brazil     Brasileirao                1st        League, State, Copa Sudamerica, Libertadores and CWC Champions
    2020/2021  Spartak Moscow       Russia     Prem'er Liga               6th        Joined 3.1.2021
    2021/2022  Spartak Moscow       Russia     Prem'er Liga               1st        League champions
    2022/2023  Spartak Moscow       Russia     Prem'er Liga               1st        League & Cup double, Superkubok winners
    2023/2024  Lazio                Italy      Serie A                    3rd        Qualified for the Champions League
    2024/2025  Lazio                Italy      Serie A                    2nd        TIM Cup Winners
    2025/2026  Lazio                Italy      Serie A                    1st        League and Cup Double!
    2026/2027  N/A                  N/A        N/A                        N/A        N/A
    2027/2028  Borussia Dortmund    Germany    Bundesliga                 1st        League & DFB-Pokal winners
    News

- After such a fantastic season I was named Manager of the Year and also Players Manager of the Year.

- The board announced that they were to be expanding the stadium by 3,430 seats. They also announced that the clubs facilities would be downgraded due to technological advances.

- After Marco Van Basten decided to retire from management I was offered the Manchester United job. I rejected it as I've only just joined Dortmund and there's plenty more I want to achieve with them.

Third Team

Excellent season,right decision to reject Utd as I don't think a CL title is that far away.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Excellent season,right decision to reject Utd as I don't think a CL title is that far away.
    Cheers B.W.G. I agree, I'm starting to build a fantastic squad at Dortmund and it would be silly to leave at this point when there's plenty more to achieve with them.

Reserves

It's not easy but the CL is managable.

Amateur

It's not easy but the CL is managable.
    It's probably unrealistic to aim for the CL this season, but my plan is to win it here at least once before I move on.

International Squad

Great work Rogan.

Youth Team

Good job on the Double. Looking at a possible CL run for the finals in a couple years then?

Nice first season with Dortmund .

Part-Timer

Nice season mate!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast