Best of luck in America

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Azeryk` View Post
    Interesting move to go to the USA - good luck there
    Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Best of luck in America
    Thanks guys

Part-Timer

Good luck as your career moves to North America!

Reserves

Gone a good job.

Semi Pro

All the best in the States. Also, look on the bright side - no chance of relegation!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by abulezz View Post
    Good luck as your career moves to North America!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Gone a good job.
    I think so. Hopefully whoever takes over Ipswich can continue what I started.

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    All the best in the States. Also, look on the bright side - no chance of relegation!
    Thanks

Amateur

A crazy first game in charge. Michael Joseph was unplayable.

Reserves

Great start though.

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by roganp View Post
    Players on this contract are either on 625k p/w or 650k p/w
    Christ, I wished I was on that wage!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Christ, I wished I was on that wage!
    Well spotted

Third Team

Good luck in the US!

Semi Pro

Great start, attackingly

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    Good luck in the US!
    Thanks!

Amateur

All in the first week of being at the club.

Youth Team

An astonishing season at Ipswich! I don't think I've ever seen that many league goals scored in a season before!

As for the move to NY, it's a great step up. I just wish you good luck with the rules over there . I'm still not sure about the rules on drafts, etc but I'm sure rancer would have no problem helping you if you needed clarification on rules.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    An astonishing season at Ipswich! I don't think I've ever seen that many league goals scored in a season before!

As for the move to NY, it's a great step up. I just wish you good luck with the rules over there . I'm still not sure about the rules on drafts, etc but I'm sure rancer would have no problem helping you if you needed clarification on rules.
    Thanks... I think I'm going to need some help with these rules. I've got to grips with most of them, but I'm dreading when all this drafting starts. I think rancer made a short guide on how they work, so I need to pop over to his thread soon to give that a read.

Amateur

I'm totally confused by the rules aswell, probably the one thing thats always stopped me going there.

Looks like a good start on and off the pitch, good luck

Amateur

New York Red Bulls - 2017 Mid-Season Update

MLS - 1st

My first game was against Portland.

It's been the perfect start to life in The Big Apple as we've won every game under my management. I'll be honest and say I've had to do very little work with this team as the previous manager got us to the top of the table before being sacked, but I have implemented the same tactics I used at Ipswich and so far the outcome has been the same... lot's of goals. There's still some way to go and we also have the US Open Cup to think about, but at this stage a spot in the playoff is looking very secure.

Also for those who are unfamiliar with the structure in the US, although the league is split into two different sections, Eastern and Western conference, sides from both play each other two times a season which is why there are 34 games in a regular season.
    Last edited by roganp; 13-12-2011 at 20:22.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by City2000 View Post
    I'm totally confused by the rules aswell, probably the one thing thats always stopped me going there.
    The same reason for me too . I know rancer, cerud and a few other FMCU users would be more than happy to help but it's just the one place where my European footballing brain cannot come to terms with the US rules of "soccer"

Looks like you'r having no problem though roganp . The goals are flying in!

Amateur

Great start to your time in New York! Also, if you have any questions about MLS or the New York team, let me know. The Metro in my username is for the MetroStars, who became the Red Bulls in 2006.

Reserves

'Sporting Kansas City' sounds odd somehow.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalMetro View Post
    Great start to your time in New York! Also, if you have any questions about MLS or the New York team, let me know. The Metro in my username is for the MetroStars, who became the Red Bulls in 2006.
    Thanks, will do

Amateur

Poor Violette from Haiti. I didn't actually know were in this years CONCACAF Champions League until the draw for the preliminary round was made. Now we've got through that we will come up against Alajuelense(Costa Rica), Atlas(Mexico) and Tauro(Panama) in the group stages.

Amateur

Good luck in the Champions League - the Atlas match will be very tough but the other two should be easy enough for you.

Amateur

Good luck in the Champions League - the Atlas match will be very tough but the other two should be easy enough for you.
    The way we are playing at the moment I can't see them posing much of a threat

Amateur

The way we are playing at the moment I can't see them posing much of a threat
    Well I've done that CL in my journeyman save and nearly every season I was there the four semi-finalists were all from Mexico, but hopefully you'll do better than the AI sides

Amateur

Well I've done that CL in my journeyman save and nearly every season I was there the four semi-finalists were all from Mexico, but hopefully you'll do better than the AI sides
    I hope so. We've started off great, beating Alajuelense 6-2 away.

Semi Pro

You seem quite good for progressing through the group stages

Amateur

You seem quite good for progressing through the group stages
    Yeah, we are looking very strong at the moment and have just won our second game against Tauro 3-0. Atlas should provide a bit more of a challenge, but I'm still confident of beating them fairly comfortably.

Youth Team

Well done on signing off at Ipswich with the league title

Interesting move to The States, looks like you've made a great start too.

Amateur

Cheers AK

A step closer to the clubs first MLS title. With 7 games still to play in the regular season, I can rest some players for the Champions League.

Amateur

New York Red Bulls - 2017 Season Review(Joined 11 games into the season)

MLS - 1st in Eastern Conference, 1st in Overall Table
    As I've mentioned several times, I arrived with the club in a very strong position at the top of the Eastern Conference and I was able to continue the good work of the previous manager. With the implementation of my attacking style of play we were completely dominant, dropping just 7 points in the 23 remaining games. As a reward for coming 1st in the overall table we were given the Supporter's Shield.

In the Eastern Conference Semi-Final we were drawn against one of the wild card sides Philadelphia Union, a tie that turn't out to be completely one-sided as we won the 1st leg 0-4 before confirming our place in the Eastern Conference final with a 4-1 win in the 2nd leg. Sporting Kansas City managed to give us a much tougher game in the final, taking us to extra time, but with fatigue setting in and an extra man advantage we proved far too strong and won the game 3-1

Now, finally onto the overall final. Us vs San Jose to decide who would be the 2017 MLS champions. I was full of confidence in the build up to the game, until about a week before the final when bad news was delivered to my inbox. Star man Michael Joseph was to miss the game because of international duty with Nigeria and you will see why this was such bad news when you get to the key players part of this review. Still, we had a massive game to play and I was still confident of delivering the clubs first MLS title, but obviously less confident about doing it without the focal point of our attack in the side. His absence from the team unfortunately showed as without him we lacked a cutting edge and in the 111th minute of the game we were cruelly punished as Brazilian forward Afonso netted his second of the match to make it 3-2 to San Jose. A goal that proved the winner.

CONCACAF Champions League 2017/18 - Into the Quarter-Finals
    Our continental quest has gotten off to a fantastic start as after thrashing Haitian side Violette, we topped our group with a 100% record to progress to the Quater-Finals which will take place during the next MLS season.

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup - Finalists
    As the cup holders we were expected to do well in this competition and after 3 very easy tie's we found ourselves in the final once again. The final was pretty even, we had a large number of shots at goal however, we failed to create a single clear cut chance and one goal from Seattle was enough to secure the trophy for them.

Squad

Transfers
    Out of all the signings made, only Bobby Boswell, Zarek Valentin and Damian Perez were signed by me.

Finances

Key Players

Michael Joseph - A truly sensational season for the young forward. By far the best player I've managed on this save so far. The league's top goalscorer this season by a country mile and he has now become the New York Red Bulls all-time top goalscorer with an astonishing 65 goals in just 69 games for the club.

Jonathan Gallardo - Naturally a full-back, but I decided to use him in the AMR role and he showed how well he can play in that position topping the league's assist table. I'm not sure if he deserves to be on 47,500 p/w though.

Aleksander Noskovic - A fantastic dbut season for the Serbian winger as he contributed many goals and assists.

Zarek Valentin - Gallardo's promotion to further up the pitch meant I was in need of a new right full-back and Valentin proved to an excellent aquisition.

Nick LaBrocca - The experience head in the midfield and he had a fantastic season.

Code:
    Year       Team              Country    League                     Position   Important Notes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/2012  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      14th       Joined the club in March 2012
    2012/2013  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      2nd        Playoff Semi-Finalists
    2013/2014  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      1st        Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
    2014/2015  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet Premier    15th       FA Trophy Winners!
    2015/2016  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet Premier    1st        Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners
    2016/2017  Ipswich Town      England    npower League One          1st        Promoted as League Champions
    2017       New York RB       USA        MLS                        1st        Joined 1.6.2017, MLS cup and Open Cup finalists, S Shield winners
    Next Season
    In what may be seen as a slightly knee-jerk reaction, a couple of days after our defeat in the MLS cup final I decided the hand in my resignation and step down as the manager of the New York Red Bulls. As much as I've tried, I just can't adjust to the structure and rules of the MLS, so I feel it's best that I move on and head back to Europe.

So, I am now on the look out for a new job. I received a very tempting offer to become the new manager of Southampton, but I decided to turn it down as I don't want to go back to England so soon after leaving. Hopefully wherever I go, Michael Joseph will be able to join me
    Last edited by roganp; 17-12-2011 at 00:22.

Amateur

New club found, update to follow soon.

Youth Team

So, even with a season in MLS under your belt you still struggled to adjust to the rules of soccer? I think if I spent 10 seasons in MLS I still wouldn't understand the rules! (Sorry rancer but no matter how hard I try I just can't wrap my head around the rules).

Will be interesting to see which European country you've moved back to.

Semi Pro

70 goals in a single season is just sick. Absolutely sick.

Youth Team

You need to get Joseph into the FMCU Dream Team thread. Absolutely totally frickin' awesome dude!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    You need to get Joseph into the FMCU Dream Team thread. Absolutely totally frickin' awesome dude!
    I second what AK22 said!

Youth Team

I second what AK22 said!
    I third what AK said! Gotta be the best striker in FMCU at the minute.

Amateur

Tannadice Park
    14,223 All-Seater Capacity

Brief club information

Dundee United Football Club is a Scottish professional football club located in the city of Dundee. Formed in 1909, originally as Dundee Hibernian, the club changed to the present name in 1923.

United are nicknamed The Terrors or The Tangerines and the supporters known The Arabs.

The club has played in tangerine kits since the 1960s and have played at the present ground, Tannadice Park, since their foundation in 1909. United were founder members of the Scottish Premier League (SPL) in 1998 and have been ever-present in the competition since then.

Domestically, the club has won the Scottish Premier Division on one occasion, winning the Scottish Cup twice and the Scottish League Cup twice. In European competition, the club played in European competition for the first time in the 1966–67 season, going on to appear in European competition in 14 successive seasons from 1976, reaching the European Cup semi-finals in 1984 and the UEFA Cup final in 1987, but lost on both occasions. Uniquely, the club has a 100% record against Barcelona in competitive European ties. Taken from wikipedia

Previous League Finishes
    Information General
    Club Facilities
    Current Squad
    2017/18 SPL League Table

First Impressions

This is a great challenge for me. I've always wanted to have a go at breaking up the Celtic/Rangers dominance, although nowadays it's just Celtic dominating(won 6 of the last 7 SPL titles). My first task as the Dundee Utd manager will be to try and reduce the wage budget as we already 9k over. Luckily, I've joined right at the end of the season and will have a full pre-season to re-shape the squad how I want it.
    Last edited by roganp; 16-12-2011 at 22:08.

Amateur

I second what AK22 said!
    I third what AK said! Gotta be the best striker in FMCU at the minute.
    He's been submitted

Unfortunately there's no chance of him joining me in Scotland, he's recently signed for PSG for 2M

Semi Pro

He's been submitted

Unfortunately there's no chance of him joining me in Scotland, he's recently signed for PSG for 2M
    Which is probably a good thing because imagine it: He scored 70 goals in 47 games in the States. If he played 47 games in Scotland, he will probably score 170

Amateur

Which is probably a good thing because imagine it: He scored 70 goals in 47 games in the States. If he played 47 games in Scotland, he will probably score 170

10char

Semi Pro

Boston (England), Ipswich, New York, Dundee.

Odd one out by any chance?

Part-Timer
    Champions League prediction winner 2013/2014

Great season at NY. Suprised you stepped down when you did. Already in quarters of CL so thought you might try and win that before moving on. GL at Dundee Utd, hope there's another Joseph waiting to be discovered

Youth Team

I can understand European managers not fully grasping North American sports mainly because of how the whole trading and draft systems is in all North American sports. It would definitely be a foreign concept. I grew up with it in being a lifelong NHL fan (that's hockey, eh? ) and draft day as well as the trade deadline in March are pretty much considered holidays in Canada...well, at least for me they are!

I guess the best way to think of trades would be...the European system is more capitalist (ironically) as palyers are bought for money. The North American system is barter and trade as players are traded for other players and other assets.

Reserves

Boston (England), Ipswich, New York, Dundee.

Odd one out by any chance?
    Only one has a club who have won a European trophy.

Amateur

Good luck in Dundee - I didn't expect to see you leave New York so soon.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBaldBuddhist View Post
    Great season at NY. Suprised you stepped down when you did. Already in quarters of CL so thought you might try and win that before moving on. GL at Dundee Utd, hope there's another Joseph waiting to be discovered
    Good luck in Dundee - I didn't expect to see you leave New York so soon.
    Thanks guys

I would have liked to have stayed at New York longer, but unfortunately I couldn't adjust to the rules over there. Staying probably would have made the save less enjoyable for me, so it was for the best that I moved on.

International Squad

Very few people would swap New York for Dumpdee.

Third Team

You did very well in the MLS and Joseph was absolutely brilliant.Good luck at Dundee

Amateur

Dundee United - 2018/19 Season Preview

Board Expectations

SPL - Qualify for the Europa League Media Prediction - 7th
    Scottish Cup - Reach the Quarter Finals
    Scottish League Cup - Reach the Quarter Finals

Budgets

Transfer Budget - 497K
    Wage Budget - 53.62K p/w
    Current Wage Bill - 45.63K p/w

Squad Depth Overview

Transfers
    Key additions below :

Fidel - Bought by Sevilla last season for 2.9M, but was released this summer without making a single league appearance for them. His pace and trickery should trouble defences in the SPL.

Mohammed Cherkaoui - Signed from SPL rivals Motherwell. A good young player.

Sano Fernandes - I was in desperate need of a decent centre back and Fernandes should do a good job for us this year.

Olli Mikkola - Needed to add pace upfront so in came Mikkola on loan from West Brom. He didn't have the greatest of loan spells last year at Motherwell, making just 3 appearances and scoring no goals. Hopefully he will make a better impact for us.

Adam Rooney - Returns to the SPL having previously had a very successful spell at Inverness.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    You did very well in the MLS and Joseph was absolutely brilliant.Good luck at Dundee
    Thanks

Joseph really was incredible. I'm pretty sure that we would have won the MLS if he wasn't called up to international duty.

Reserves

I'm shocked you would step down so early and you didn't even get to go for the CONCACAF Champions League title...

But good luck with Dundee Utd, and we await your return to MLS!

Semi Pro

Only one has a club who have won a European trophy.
    Damn, you got it.

Good luck at Dundee roganp

Youth Team

Are your rivals Dundee in the SPL? If so, should make things interesting .

Amateur

Must say I didn't expect that move, good luck in Scotland

Youth Team

Good luck with Dundee, especially if you get a chance to break the Old Firm dominance

Youth Team

Good luck with Dundee! Should be a good season.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    I'm shocked you would step down so early and you didn't even get to go for the CONCACAF Champions League title...

But good luck with Dundee Utd, and we await your return to MLS!
    Thanks!

Maybe I can return on another FM

Damn, you got it.

Good luck at Dundee roganp
    Thanks HotChocolate!

Amateur

Are your rivals Dundee in the SPL? If so, should make things interesting .
    They've been stuck in the 2nd tier for the entire save I would like to come up against them at some point though.

Must say I didn't expect that move, good luck in Scotland
    Cheers City. I like to keep things interesting and I know that this is a 3-5 year job.
    Last edited by roganp; 19-12-2011 at 17:21.

Amateur

Good luck with Dundee, especially if you get a chance to break the Old Firm dominance
    Thanks AK. The aim is to break the Rangers and Celtic dominance, although Celtic are a lot more dominant of the two these days.

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Good luck with Dundee! Should be a good season.
    Thanks cerud

Amateur

Dundee United - 2018/19 Mid-Season Update

SPL - 3rd

A fantastic start to the season as we sit just behind the Old Firm at the halfway stage. As a team collective we've been brilliant so far, but I have to point out Adam Rooney, Fidel and Olli Mikkola as the main reasons why we currently find ourselves in a title race. I'm not sure if this squad is capable of sustaining a title challenge, but European football at Tannadice next season is looking a real possibility. The key to our success so far has been our home form as we are currently unbeaten at Tannadice, making it a bit of a fortress for visiting sides and long may that continue.

Scottish League Cup - Knocked out in the 3rd round
    A comfortable victory against Brechin, before a shock defeat at home to Ross County. It was a bit disappointing to go out at this stage, but I can't complaint about having less fixtures.
    Last edited by roganp; 19-12-2011 at 23:32.

Reserves

Best of the rest is a decent first step.

Amateur

Best of the rest is a decent first step.
    Definitely!

This result has put us 2nd on goal difference :

Not bad

Reserves

Indeed not.

Amateur

Dundee United - 2018/19 Season Review

SPL - 2nd

Champions League football is coming to Tannadice! I never imagined at the start of the season that qualifying for the Champions League could be a possibility, but my squad proved they had the quality to do so. One of the main reasons for our success this season, I have to say, was our from against Celtic and Rangers as we lost just 3 of the 7 games we played against them in the league. Celtic were completley dominant in the second half of the season and it will take a lot of work to catch up with them, but I'm ready for the challenge.

Scottish League Cup - Knocked out in the 3rd round

Scottish Cup - Winners!
    My first piece of silverware as the Dundee United manager and it came at the expense of Celtic. We struggled away at Livingston in the 4th round, before destroying them in the replay. The next couple of ties against Motherwell and East Fife were tight, nervy affairs but a single goal in both games was enough and we soon began to realise that we have a real shot at winning the trophy. The semi-final at Hampden against Dunfermline, for the most part was an evenly matched game. Adam Rooney put us in front from the spot on 38 minutes, before on the stroke of half-time Dunfermline full-back Stoyan Mladenov was given a straight red card. This allowed us to completely control the game and Adam Rooney added a second mid-way through the second half to seal the victory and book our place in the final. In the final I decided to go with a different strategy than we what we had been used to this season, taking a more cautious approach to the game, sitting deep and hitting them on the break and it worked perfectly as we provided a constant threat going forward, whilst being able to successfully deal with their attack.
    Final Overview - Video Highlights

Squad

Transfers

Finances
    Should be given a massive boost with European Football coming to Tannadice.

Key Players

Olli Mikkola - Was having a fantastic season before suffering a torn calf muscle in late Ferbruary which ended his season prematurely. Despite missing most of the second half of the season, he was named Scottish footballer of the year.

Adam Rooney - A fantastic return to the SPL for Rooney as finished up as the clubs top goalscorer.

Sano Fernandes - A very solid loan spell for the young defender. Another player who's season was ended early due to injury, although his injury was not as serious as Mikkola's.

Mohammed Cherkaoui - Made massive improvements throughout the season and is proving to be a bargain at 130K.

Nigel Hasselbank - Naturally a striker, but he spent most of the season out on the right wing. He's brace in the cup final should mean that he stays in the memory's of Dundee United fans for a long time.

Code:
    Year       Team              Country    League                     Position   Important Notes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/2012  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      14th       Joined the club in March 2012
    2012/2013  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      2nd        Playoff Semi-Finalists
    2013/2014  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet North      1st        Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
    2014/2015  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet Premier    15th       FA Trophy Winners!
    2015/2016  Boston United     England    Blue Square Bet Premier    1st        Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners
    2016/2017  Ipswich Town      England    npower League One          1st        Promoted as League Champions
    2017       New York RB       USA        MLS                        1st        Joined 1.6.2017, MLS cup and Open Cup finalists, S Shield winners
    2018/2019  Dundee United     Scotland   SPL                        2nd        Scottish Cup winners, Qualified for CL
    Next Season
    After a great season I now get to look forward to the Champions League. Hopefully we get a favourable draw in the best placed playoff, but whatever happens we will be playing some form of European football next season.

I've been heavily linked very several big clubs in North and South America such as Boca Juniors and America(MEX), but I do not plan on leaving Dundee United until my aim of winning the SPL with a side other than Rangers/Celtic is completed.

Amateur

What a great first season, certainly looks a good decision to move to Scotland now!

Reserves

Pretty good first season.

Part-Timer

Excellent first season. Any chance of signing Mikkola on a permanent deal?

Amateur

What a great first season, certainly looks a good decision to move to Scotland now!
    Pretty good first season.
    Thanks guys

Excellent first season. Any chance of signing Mikkola on a permanent deal?
    I'm not too sure at the moment. There is a future fee on the loan of 5M as he would only join if there was one included however, I won't be paying that much for him. I'll see if he's available when he goes back to West Brom, but I'm sure he will at least be allowed to go out on loan again.

Amateur

I think we might struggle in Europe

Amateur

Congrats on a good first season in Scotland

Amateur

The Europa League it is!

We've been drawn against Hamburg in the 4th qualifying round. Should be a very tough game.

Amateur

Congrats on a good first season in Scotland
    Thank you

Reserves

Tough European debut.

Youth Team

Finishing ahead of Rangers in your first season, that's a great start! And a cup win too

I wouldn't be too disheartened about your European performances; Scottish clubs have been terrible in Europe for years now

Amateur

Dundee United - 2019/20 Season Preview

Board Expectations

SPL - Qualify for the Champions League Media Prediction - 3rd
    UEFA Europa League - Reach the group stage
    Scottish League Cup - Reach the Semi-Finals
    Scottish Cup - Reach the Semi-Finals

Budgets

Transfer Budget - 1.68M
    Wage Budget - 57,428 p/w
    Current Wage Bill - 52,428

Transfers
    Key additions below :

Gregory Waasdorp - Spent a large chunk of my transfer budget on this lad, but he looks excellent.

Dann Cooper Suka Suka - Fantastic name I will be addressing him simply as 'Dan'.

Martin Bjrnbak - Looks a beast of a centre back. Adds some much needed experience to the back.

Joseph Albertini - A gift from from our parent club, Chelsea. Will be competing with Hasselbank for a start on the right wing.

Europa League 4th Qualifying round

Through...just about! Our group is : Athletic Bilbao, Dinamo and Reading(in the Championship). Not the worst group we could have been drawn into. The aim will be to try and finish 2nd.
    Last edited by roganp; 21-12-2011 at 12:45.

International Squad

Very good first season in Dumpdee.

Reserves

Wow, fantastic stuff against Hamburg.

Part-Timer

Great result against HSV. The group looks manageable too. Waasdorp looks a decent striker, should get a few in the SPL. As for Suka Suka that is a fantastic name. I have an image of you looking like Alan Partidge, shouting after him as he runs down the flank.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Very good first season in Dumpdee.
    It's a beautiful place

Great result against HSV. The group looks manageable too. Waasdorp looks a decent striker, should get a few in the SPL. As for Suka Suka that is a fantastic name. I have an image of you looking like Alan Partidge, shouting after him as he runs down the flank.

Part-Timer

Congratulations on qualification for group stage

Amateur

Finishing ahead of Rangers in your first season, that's a great start! And a cup win too

I wouldn't be too disheartened about your European performances; Scottish clubs have been terrible in Europe for years now
    True. Celtic's 5-0 defeat to Artmedia Bratislava comes to mind when you mention Scottish clubs in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by iHeadHunta x View Post
    Congratulations on qualification for group stage
    Cheers iHeadHunta.

Amateur

Fantastic result over HSV! Looks a decent group aswell, good luck

Amateur

Fantastic result over HSV! Looks a decent group aswell, good luck
    Cheers City . I agree, it's a pretty good group when you consider we could have drawn against the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea, Napoli and Dortmund.

Youth Team

Fantastic qualification for Europe! Good group draw as well.

Amateur

Dundee United - 2019/2020 Mid-Season Update

- Before I start this, you may notice some slight changes in my save. I've decided to revert back to the dark skin that I've used on previous fm's and I've also removed kits(I figured I don't really need them as I now watch all matches in 3D). Hope this doesn't confuse people

SPL - 6th

An incredibly frustrating start to the season. After annihilating Falkirk on the opening day, we completely fell to pieces and after the home defeat to bottom of the table Hamilton I seriously considered handing in my resignation as at that time my relationship with the board was not at a strong point(probably didn't help that I was showing my interest in other jobs ). However, I decided to stay mainly as I wanted to see how far I could get the club in the Europa League. Results in the league began to gradually improve, but we really turn't a corner with the 1-4 demolition of run away league leaders Hibs. As you can see, from there we proceeded to go on a run of 5 straight wins which included homes wins against Celtic and 2nd in the table St.Johnstone. Hopefully our latest defeat to Rangers doesn't threaten to derail our season once again and we finish in the top 5 which would ensure European qualification.

UEFA Champions League - Knocked out in the Best Placed Qualifying Round 3
    Dynamo Kiev proved far too strong far us, but we were extremely wasteful in both legs. Anyway, I wouldn't have fancied our chances against Fiorentina if he did get through to the Best Placed Playoff.

UEFA Europa League - Through to the 1st Knockout Round!
    After our exit from the Champions League we had to play one qualifying round in the Europa League against HSV which scrapped through on away goals. The group we were place into was incredibly tight. Athletic were always going to top the group, which left us, Dinamo and Reading to fight it for 2nd and a place in the knockout rounds. Going into the final match day we found ourselves bottom of the group, 3 points behind 2nd place Dinamo and 2 behind Reading. We beat Dinamo 3-0 at home and Reading were held to a 2-2 draw at the San Mames which meant we finished runners-up of the group on goal difference.

Scottish League Cup - Through the the Semi-Finals
    We've come through some tight games so far against 2nd tier side Raith and Hibs. I'm confident of beating Dunfermline in the semi's and progressing to the final.
    Last edited by roganp; 22-12-2011 at 13:31.

Amateur

And our opponents in the 1st Knockout round of the Europa League are :

This should be fun.

Part-Timer

Hopefully the Rangers result is just a blip and you have turned a corner after a poor start. As for the Madrid game, good luck

Amateur

Wow at that start to the season, I bet you were tearing your hair out after those Hamilton and St Johnstone results. Good job in turning it around though and also doing well in the Cups.

A nice easy First Knockout Round tie then!

Reserves

Madrid eh? Definitely in the deep end there.

Amateur

The troops have been rallied and we eagerly await the arrival of Ronaldo, Higuian, Ozil, Ramos and, err, Alex Song

Amateur

Hopefully the Rangers result is just a blip and you have turned a corner after a poor start. As for the Madrid game, good luck
    The game after we lost 3-1 to Hearts

Semi Pro

Doing a fantastic job with Dundee Utd KUTGW (now I know what this stands for)

Amateur

This just popped into my inbox :

I'm seriously considering accepting this offer. Things are not going great with Dundee United at the moment and the only reason I can think of for staying is that we've got the Europa League game against Madrid coming up soon(although, I know we are very likely to get hammered).

I've managed in Brazil before so I can handle the extremely long seasons, and I would be joining right at the beginning of the season which I always think is important. The transfer budget is also 6x what I currently have at Dundee United which is very tempting.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by roganp; 22-12-2011 at 18:24.

Amateur

I liked Sao Paulo, my current journeyman game was my first ever in Brazil and it was good fun and you have a good chance with them of winning the league and CL with them due to the size and reputation of the club.

Amateur

So that's 1-0 to Sao Paulo. Going to think it over for a little while, any input from the FMCU community would be greatly appreciated

Part-Timer

I think Sao Paolo seems like a very tempting offer - big club in a different league which you seem to enjoy! Take!

Youth Team

I'd probably take to Sao Paulo job, definitely a great opportunity to win some trophies. One that, realistically, you are unlikely to get in Dundee.

But if you do stay, good luck against Madrid!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast