+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [FM12]The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page

Amateur

Default [FM12]The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page

Welcome to my FM12 Journeyman career thread

Edits :
    - FM12 Susie Real Names for Clubs, Competitions and Awards Fix

League's Loaded

Asia
    China - Jia League
    South Korea - National League

Europe
    Denmark - 1. division
    England - Blue Sqaure Bet N/S
    France - Championnat National
    Germany - 3. Liga
    Italy - Serie B
    Netherlands - Juplier League
    Portugal - Liga Orangina
    Scotland - Second Division
    Spain - Liga Adelante
    Turkey - 1. Lig
    Ukraine - Persha Liha

North America
    United States - MLS

South America
    Argentina - Nacional B
    Brazil - Serie B

Database Size - Large
    Player Count - 73000
    Game start date - China (December 2011)

I've gone with a wide range of leagues in different parts of the world however, as my laptop isn't great and with the introduction of the add/remove league feature, I fully expect the number of leagues loaded as playable to decrease as my career progresses.

Now, time to meet my alter ego Clive Hackett.
    Manager Profile - Manager Information
    Last edited by roganp; 06-11-2011 at 13:21.

Amateur

Career Summary & Links

Club Management
    Code:
    Year       Team              Country       League                     Position     Important Notes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/2012  Boston United     England       Blue Square Bet North      14th        Joined the club in March 2012
    2012/2013  Boston United     England       Blue Square Bet North      2nd         Playoff Semi-Finalists
    2013/2014  Boston United     England       Blue Square Bet North      1st         Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
    2014/2015  Boston United     England       Blue Square Bet Premier    15th        FA Trophy Winners!
    2015/2016  Boston United     England       Blue Square Bet Premier    1st         Promoted as League Champions, FA Trophy Winners
    2016/2017  Ipswich Town      England       npower League One          1st         Promoted as league champions
    2017       New York RB       USA           MLS                        1st         Joined 1.6.2017, MLS cup and Open Cup finalists, S Shield winners
    2018/2019  Dundee United     Scotland      SPL                        2nd         Scottish Cup winners, Qualified for CL
    2019/2020  Dundee United     Scotland      SPL                        N/A         Left 3.1.2020 to Join Sao Paulo      
    2020       Sao Paulo         Brazil        Brasileirao                1st         League, State, Copa Sudamerica, Libertadores and CWC Champions
    2020/2021  Spartak Moscow    Russia        Prem'er Liga               6th         Joined 3.1.2021
    2021/2022  Spartak Moscow    Russia        Prem'er Liga               1st         League champions
    2022/2023  Spartak Moscow    Russia        Prem'er Liga               1st         League & Cup double, Superkubok winners
    2023/2024  Lazio             Italy         Serie A                    3rd         Qualified for the Champions League
    2024/2025  Lazio             Italy         Serie A                    2nd         TIM Cup Winners
    2025/2026  Lazio             Italy         Serie A                    1st         League and Cup Double!
    2026/2027  N/A               N/A           N/A                        N/A         N/A
    2027/2028  Dortmund          Germany       Bundesliga                 1st         League and Cup Double!
    International Management
    Code:
    Year            Country         Important Info/Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2021            Russia          Joined  17.10.2021
    2023            Russia          Qualified for Euro 2024 with 100% record
    2024            Russia          Finished bottom of Euro 2024 group. Sacked after tournament.
    2026            Brazil          Joined 17.07.2026
    2027            Brazil          Copa America Winners
    2028            Brazil          Sacked!

Awards

Code:
    Year           Team             League                     Awards
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/2012      Boston United    Blue Square Bet North      NONE
    2012/2013      Boston United    Blue Square Bet North      NONE
    2013/2014      Boston United    Blue Square Bet North      Manager of the Month(August,December & April) 
    2014/2015      Boston United    Blue Square Bet Premier    NONE
    2015/2016      Boston United    Blue Square Bet Premier    Manager of the Month(September,February,March & April)
    2016/2017      Ipswich Town     npower League One          League 1 MOTY, Manager of the Month(September, December, March & April)
    2017           New York RB      MLS                        NONE
    2018/2019      Dundee United    SPL                        Manager of the Month(November & March)
    2020           Sao Paulo        Brasileirao                Manager of the Year
    2020/2021      Spartak Moscow   Prem'er Liga               NONE
    2021/2022      Spartak Moscow   Prem'er Liga               NONE
    2022/2023      Spartak Moscow   Prem'er Liga               Manager of the Year
    2023/2024      Lazio            Serie A                    Manager of the Year
    2024/2025      Lazio            Serie A                    NONE
    2025/2026      Lazio            Serie A                    NONE
    2026/2027      N/A              N/A                        NONE
    2027/2028      Dortmund         Bundesliga                 German Manager of the Year and Germany Players Manager of the Year
    Last edited by roganp; 01-01-2013 at 17:35.

Amateur

After waiting for a few months, I've finally been given my first break in football management at Blue Sqaure North side Boston Utd.

Current League Table - With us having just 9 games left to play, my sole aim for the rest of this season is to steady the ship and make sure we are safe from relegation.

Sqaud - A quick glance at the sqaud reveals that we probably could do with another striker or two. However, I will get through the rest of the season with the players I have.

If anyone has any other screenshot requests iIll be be happy to provide them and I hope everyone enjoys reading my career thread

Part-Timer

Good luck with the save!

Keeping the club out of relegation shouldn't be hard to do - its next season that Im looking forward to

Maybe a shot of the most promising youth intakes?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by abulezz View Post
    Good luck with the save!

Keeping the club out of relegation shouldn't be hard to do - its next season that Im looking forward to

Maybe a shot of the most promising youth intakes?
    Thanks abulezz. I will have a some screenshots of any promising youth intake in next seasons preview although, I doubt they will be any good .

Also,I've only just noticed the spelling mistake in my thread title so I'm getting that changed now ;)
    Last edited by roganp; 05-11-2011 at 17:20.

Amateur

Boston United - Blue Square BET North - 2011/12 Season Review (Joined March 2012)

Blue Square BET North - 14th
    I joined with the club sitting 15th in the table and I was given the task of making sure that there was no danger of relegation. Well, with just two defeats in the remaining nine games we had, it was comfortable mid-table finish for us.

F.A Trophy - Knocked out in 2nd round
    We were knocked out before I arrived.

F.A Cup - Knocked out in 3rd Qualifying round
    Again, we were knocked out before I arrived at the club.

Transfers & Squad
    Transfers - All transfers were made by the previous manager.

Sqaud - I decided to finish the remaining nine games with the squad that I inherited from the previous manager while I tried to figure out what positions needed strengthening during pre-season. I can say for sure that we are in need of a striker, a couple of central midfielder's and a new right back however, I will need to cut the wage bill before I'm able to bring in the players I want.

Key Players

Kevin Austin - Despite his age, Austin produced some amazing defensive displays.

Levi Porter - The former Leicester City trainee showed great quality on the left however, he can be a little inconsistent at times.

Jrmy Judith - The young winger caused opposition defences a lot problems in the final nine games of the season.

Dali Gomez - Scored some crucial goals at the back end of the season. Could play a big role for us next season as well.

Finances - The finances are not in great as is the case with most clubs at this level. My main concern during this pre-season will be trying to reduce the clubs over loaded wage bill.

Code:
    Year       Team              Country       League                     Position     Important Notes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/2012  Boston United     England       Blue Square Bet North      14th        Joined the club in March 2012
    Last edited by roganp; 12-11-2011 at 12:35.

Amateur

Good luck with Boston, I had them in my journeyman save and they have good potential for reaching the football league

Semi Pro

I hate Dali Gomez, he always scores against me!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Azeryk` View Post
    Good luck with Boston, I had them in my journeyman save and they have good potential for reaching the football league
    Thanks Azeryk

Part-Timer

Good luck with Boston mate, I tend to see the Blue Square North and South aint the hardest to get out of so I would say promotion this season ;)

Part-Timer

iHeadHunta x is right, shouldnt be that hard getting into the BSP, and even the NLeagues!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by iHeadHunta x View Post
    Good luck with Boston mate, I tend to see the Blue Square North and South aint the hardest to get out of so I would say promotion this season ;)
    Thanks

iHeadHunta x is right, shouldnt be that hard getting into the BSP, and even the NLeagues!
    I haven't had much experience of managing in the lower leagues of English football. Hopefully your right ;)

Amateur

Some good news.

Youth Team

Good luck with Boston, roganp

A couple of decent free transfers and you should do well next season.

Amateur

Thanks AK22. I've managed to bring in some pretty good players for this level, but I feel we are still lacking in a few areas.

Season preview should be up some time tonight .

Amateur

Boston United - Blue Sqaure Bet North - 2012/13 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Blue Square Bet North - Win promotion Media Prediction 4th
    FA Cup - Reach the 1st round
    FA Trophy - Reach the 2nd round

Budgets

Transfer Budget - 0
    Wage Budget - 4.2k p/w
    Current Wage Bill - 4,213 p/w

Transfers

A lot of players came in during the summer, so I will only list the key additions.

Dean Bouzanis - Our new number one. Released by Liverpool.

Cristian Baz - Has some experience of English football having had a brief spell at Brighton.

Mohammed Sylla - Former Celtic and Leicester player. Hasn't played for a club since the 2006-07 season.

Trsor Kandol - The former Millwall, Charlton and Leeds striker should score goals at this level.

good luck with boston will follow this thread

International Squad

Solid ship steadying.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by electricfy_wolves View Post
    good luck with boston will follow this thread
    Thanks I hope you enjoy reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Solid ship steadying.
    Cheers ;)

Youth Team

Nice, always love lower league English careers Looking forward to this one.

Amateur

I hope you enjoy reading cerud

The 2nd of two goals by Trsor Kandol in a 1-3 victory over Stafford. He now has 10 goals in 9 appearances

Youth Team

Well done on the Bouzanis signing. Should be a top 'keeper for you, especially as he played for Liverpool! ;)

Amateur

In the words of Andy Gray 'Ohhhhhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!'

Amateur
    2013 Confederations Cup Prediction League Champion \o/

Nice goal that.

Youth Team

Beautiful first touch!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Beautiful first touch!
    To bad he can't show that on a more regular basis
    Last edited by roganp; 08-11-2011 at 13:30.

Youth Team

Take a bow, son!

Amateur

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Amateur

Boston United - 2012/13 Mid-Season update

Blue Square Bet North - 2nd
    It's been a strong start to the season and as was predicted at the start of the season, we are well in the hunt for promotion. In the summer I pretty much built a whole new squad, and it took a little while for the new players to settle down and gel as a team(we only won 1 league game in our first 5) but at the moment we are going along very nicely with a spot in the playoffs looking very secure. However, I still hold some hope of Histon throwing away their lead at the top(we are the only side to beat them in the league this season).

FA Cup - Knocked out in the second round
    When managing a side at this level I rarely pay attention to domestic cups, with the focus on getting my teams up the divisions. However, this years cup run with Boston has been a great experience. We managed to cause some upsets by beating BSP sides Cambridge and Mansfield, plus we came agonisingly close to forcing a replay against League 2 side Shrewsbury, but slopping defending from a corner in the 94th minute meant they won in what was quite an extraordinary game 5-4 - Match Overview.

FA Trophy - Into the second round
    Another cup competition that we have performed well in so far, and a home game against BSP side Kettering awaits us in the second round.
    Last edited by roganp; 20-11-2011 at 12:46.

Third Team

Made a very good start so far,hope you can keep it up and at least claim a playoff spot!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Made a very good start so far,hope you can keep it up and at least claim a playoff spot!
    Thanks!

I would be gutted if at the end of the season we were not at least in the playoffs. I've still got my sights set on trumping Histon to the title, but the way they have being playing this season, I can't see seem them slipping up.

Amateur

Well done on the start to your season - I think you'll be play-offs minimum after that start.

International Squad

Cracking goal there.

I also noticed the spread of fans in the stadium is a lot better in this new version.

Reserves

Definitely looking good for the playoffs, might end up with a title race if Histon falter.

Amateur

Thanks for all the comments

We're on a great run of form at the moment, winning our last 6 leagues and Histon's form has stuttered, so we could make a late push for the title.

Reserves

How big's the gap now?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    How big's the gap now?
    6 points with 15 games left to play(A one point I think the gap was around 12 or 13 points). We've now won our last 10 league games, and kept 5 clean sheets in a row

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by roganp View Post
    6 points with 15 games left to play(A one point I think the gap was around 12 or 13 points). We've now won our last 10 league games, and kept 5 clean sheets in a row
    Not a back record! BSP in the future!

Youth Team

Looking good for promotion, KUTGW!

Part-Timer

As I said, the Blue Squares are pretty easy to manage Congrats on the upcoming promotion!

Amateur

Looking good!

Amateur

Thanks again for all the comments

I'm hoping to finish off the rest of the season sometime tonight, so I can get the full season review up tomorrow.

Amateur

Boston United - 2012/13 Season Review

Blue Square Bet North - 2nd
    2nd at the half-way stage and that's where we would finish, but we did have a brief spell at the top of the table. A 14 match unbeaten run mid-season gave us a real shot at actually winning the league, and with 2 games left it look as if all the hard work was going to pay off as we went two points clear at the top of the table, only to throw it away with a 1-0 defeat at home to 19th placed Worchester. We went into the final day of the season 2 points behind Histon, and we did our job beating Hinckley away 4-1, but it wasn't enough as Histon also won against Southport. In another season 91 points would have been more than enough to win the league(Droylsden won it with 75 points last season) but we had to settle for the playoffs.

In the playoff Semi-Finals 5th placed Nuneaton were our opponents and the first leg away from home didn't go to plan as a shaky defensive performance added with our failure to create any clear cut chances, resulting in a 3-1 defeat. Despite the 2 goal deficit, I was confident that with the home crowd behind us, we could overturn the lead and reach the playoff final. The game got off to a great start as Dali Gomez put us in front after 10 minutes, but from there it just went downhill and as we went in search for goals, the defence was left wide open, allowing Nuneaton to put 3 goals past us. We will spend at least another season in the Blue Sqaure Bet North.
    Playoff Semi-Finals Leg 1 | Leg 2

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 2nd round

FA Trophy - Knocked out in the 4th round
    We exceeded expectations by reaching the 4th round, but unfortunately Blue Square Premier side Lincoln were too strong for us.

Squad

Transfers
    3 players came in during the season and they were : Ross Smith, Jake Nicholson and Nathan Byrne

Finances
    Not looking good. Top of the agenda will be reducing the wage bill.

Key Players

Ross Smith - Our best defender. Solid at the back and also chipped in with some crucial goals.
    Mohammed Sylla - Provided assists and goals from the right wing
    Cristian Baz - Topped the league's assists table. A brilliant season for Baz.
    Trsor Kandol - Prolific at this level, but unfortunately his 36 league goals were not enough to give him the title of the league's top goalscorer. That went to Histon's Danny Webber who scored 37 goals.
    Dali Gomez - Supported Kandol well up-front. His contract is up in the summer and I will probably let him go to help reduce the wage bill.

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/2013  Boston United     England       Blue Square Bet North      2nd         Playoff Semi-Finalists
    Last edited by roganp; 20-11-2011 at 12:46.

Amateur

Unlucky in the playoffs, did well to finish 2nd though, hopefully you can push for 1st next season.

Third Team

Good season in finishing 2nd in the league but unlucky with the loss to Nuneaton.Hopefully next season will see you achieve promotion.

Reserves

Agonizingly close, should do it next time.

Youth Team

Oh, bad luck in the playoffs. I was expecting you to cruise through them, especially considering you finished 24 points ahead of Nuneaton.

Without Histon in the league next year, I would imagine you'll be one of the favourites for automatic promotion.

Part-Timer

One more offseason of adding new players and the league should be as good as yours

International Squad

Good progress, shame to lose in the playoffs.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaidean View Post
    Unlucky in the playoffs, did well to finish 2nd though, hopefully you can push for 1st next season.
    Good season in finishing 2nd in the league but unlucky with the loss to Nuneaton.Hopefully next season will see you achieve promotion.
    Agonizingly close, should do it next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Oh, bad luck in the playoffs. I was expecting you to cruise through them, especially considering you finished 24 points ahead of Nuneaton.

Without Histon in the league next year, I would imagine you'll be one of the favourites for automatic promotion.
    Good progress, shame to lose in the playoffs.
    Thanks for the comments everyone

It was disappointing to not get promoted, but we've made great progress since my arrival and I'm sure this year will be our year

Amateur

Unlucky with the play-off's - I know just how you feel as I lost in two play-off finals with Boston. But with how you finished this season in the league you should finish top next season

Youth Team

The playoffs ar always heartbreakers. Next season should go your way

Amateur

Boston United - 2013/14 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Blue Square Bet North - Win Promotion Media Prediction - 1st
    FA Cup - Reach the first round
    FA Trophy - Reach the second round

Budgets

Transfer Budget - 0
    Wage Budget - 5.2k p/w
    Current Wage Bill - 3,719 p/w

Transfers

Again, as lots of players came in during the summer I will list the key acquisitions.

Joe Wright - With Mohammed Sylla's attributes rapidly declining, I needed a new right winger so in came Joe Wright.
    Mehdi Lazaar - A player Burnley once paid 250k for as a 17 year old. Naturally a striker, but I've been starting him in central midfield.
    Michael Noble - Former Rangers trainee. Looks very good for this level.
    Neil Yadolahi - Didn't quite work out for him in the 3rd tier of Scottish football, but he's another who should succeed at this level.
    Sam Topliss - Young full-back who was released by Hull City in the summer.

Amateur

That is the pain with the BS, there's little room for error when it comes to gaining a promotion. Things are going well though, so this season could well lead to that first step up. Good luck with it, hopefully injury won't hold you back.

Reserves

It's yours for the taking.

Amateur

I thought Joe Wright sounded familiar, I had him for Boston too, 79 games and 16 goals for the club

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BadManager View Post
    That is the pain with the BS, there's little room for error when it comes to gaining a promotion. Things are going well though, so this season could well lead to that first step up. Good luck with it, hopefully injury won't hold you back.
    Thanks BadManager. Your right, with just one autmomatic promotion spot it can be slightly tricky, and unfortunately we completely lost it in the playoffs.

It's yours for the taking.
    I hope so

I thought Joe Wright sounded familiar, I had him for Boston too, 79 games and 16 goals for the club
    Let's hope he can make a similar impact for my side
    Last edited by roganp; 13-11-2011 at 14:26.

Amateur

Mehdi Lazaars first two goals for the club :

Not bad ;)
    Last edited by roganp; 13-11-2011 at 17:07.

great goals

Amateur

Boston United - 2013/14 Mid-Season Update

Blue Square Bet North - 1st
    So, we will start the second half of the season at the summit of league table with a healthy 4 point lead over Colwyn Bay(Although, we have played a game more). This season we have been far more resolute at the back, conceding just 12 goals compared to the 31 goals conceded at this stage last season, and I would say that the main reason for this is the switch from a 4-4-2 with the wingers pushed forward, to a 4-3-3 which has given a lot more protection to the back four, whilst still allowing us to look dangerous going forward.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 1st round
    Our fringe players looked good in the opening rounds, but we unfortunately came unstuck against BSP side Stockport.

FA Trophy - Into the 2nd round
    After a comfortable win at home to Belper, and an Emphatic victory away to BSP side Alfreton, we will meet BSP promotion hopefuls Fleetwood in the 2nd round.

Amateur

Well done on a good start to the season, with a goal difference like yours you should win the league this season

Third Team

A fantastic start to the season and hopefully you can manage a good run in the FA Trophy as well

Youth Team

Half way there, keep it up

Amateur

Thanks all

Hopefully the playoffs won't be needed to see us go up.

Reserves

Definitely looking good to go up.

Amateur

Boston United - 2013/14 Season Review

Blue Square Bet North - 1st, Promotion!
    After the heartache of playoff semi-final defeat last season, I wanted us to go up as league champions and in the end we did so pretty comfortably. We did hit a couple of rough patches during the second half of the season, drawing all 5 league games in the month of January which allowed AFC Telford to come from nowhere to become our main challengers for the title.

Despite their best efforts, Telford were unable to maintain a steady run of form and we were confirmed as champions on the last day of the season after a 4-1 away win at already relegated Lowestoft although, due to our huge goal difference, we would have been champions whatever the outcome of the result.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 1st round

FA Trophy - Finalists!
    An unexpected cup run that did the club's finances a world of good. After coming through a hard fought tie against Fleetwood on penalties, we progressed though the next two rounds with ease and there started be real belief that we could make the trip to Wembley to play in the final. Away from home in the first leg of the semi's against Blue Square Bet South side Ebbsfleet the side showed great team spirit, coming from two goals down to earn a draw before winning an edgy game in the second leg 1-0.

Confidence was high going into the final after securing promotion to the Blue Square Premier, plus we already proved throughout the competition that were able to compete with teams in the division above. It was always going to be a hard task beating Grimsby in the final, but it was made even harder when after just 19 minutes right back Sam Topliss picked up his second booking of the game and headed back to the changing rooms for a very early bath. For much of the game we were on the back foot, but we defended well and I still maintained hope of us snatching a goal to grab the trophy. That was until the 77th minute when 17 year old striker Craig Johnson put The Mariners in front which sadly proved to be the winning goal. Despite the result, we can be proud of a great cup run.

Sqaud

Transfers
    There was one addition during the season as George Moncur was brought in to strengthen the midfield.

Finances
    The FA trophy cup run has given the clubs finances a massive boost, and for the first time since my arrival, we are out of the red.

Key Players

Ross Smith - Another solid season from the vice-captain.
    Cristian Baz - Wasn't able to provide anywhere near as much assists as last season, but he still played a key role in our success.
    Joe Wright - A very good debut season from the Australian winger, and he was the subject of several bids from Melbourne Victory during the season, but I do not plan on selling him anytime soon.
    Mehdi Lazaar - A fantastic first season at the club as he finished top of the league's assists table.
    Trsor Kandol - The league's Top Goalscorer and Player of the Year. Another brilliant season.

Code:
    2013/2014  Boston United     England       Blue Square Bet North      1st         Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists

Next Season
    I delayed signing a new contract at Boston until the end of the season, but unless I receive an offer from a League 1/League 2 side I plan to stay here for at least another season or two. I have been linked with a few interesting jobs such as League 2 side Bury and Watford who have just been relegated from the Championship.
    Last edited by roganp; 01-12-2011 at 07:56.

Part-Timer

Congratulations! From my experience, a team good enough to win the North/South leagues is good enough to compete for a promotion in the Premier - given a couple of signings

Amateur

Congratulations! From my experience, a team good enough to win the North/South leagues is good enough to compete for a promotion in the Premier - given a couple of signings
    Thanks abulezz

Amateur

Congrtaz on the promotion

Reserves

Well done after missing out last year.

International Squad

Well done Rogan Josh, er, sorry P.

Third Team

Congrats on clinching promotion and a well done on having an impressive performance in the FA Trophy

Amateur

Congrtaz on the promotion
    Well done after missing out last year.
    Congrats on clinching promotion and a well done on having an impressive performance in the FA Trophy
    Thanks for the comments

Well done Rogan Josh, er, sorry P.
    :mad:

Amateur

So, it's confirmed that I'll be here for at least another year.

Youth Team

Well done roganp, good luck in the BSP. I'm sure you'll be fine, there's not too much of a difference between the two divisions

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Well done roganp, good luck in the BSP. I'm sure you'll be fine, there's not too much of a difference between the two divisions
    Thanks AK, I'm hoping our momentum from the BSN can carry us to a top 5 finish. There are couple of tricky teams in the BSP this year such as the MK Dons who have just suffered their 2nd successive relegation.

Amateur

I found that the teams relegated from League two rarely posed much of a threat and that an unexpected team seems to dominate. But with how well you done last season I think you could be pushing for the play off's.

Semi Pro

Just read this from the begging, well done on slowly building a team for promotion! Surely that gives you more chance of staying up/pushing for play-offs as you've managed to build a team that's 'yours'?

Amateur

Boston United - 2014/15 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Blue Square Premier - Achieve a respectable position Media Prediction - 23rd
    FA Cup - Reach the first round
    FA Trophy - Reach the second round

Budgets

Transfer Budget - 0
    Wage Budget - 6.82k p/w
    Current Wage Bill - 4.5k p/w

Transfers
    Key signings :

Anthony Church - Back for a second spell at the club.
    Joe Clarke - Released by Man City. We managed to beat of competition from our parent club Walsall for his signature.
    Mark Hickman - A young striker who was released by Norwich in the Summer. He will mainly be used as an impact sub.
    Michael Potts - Former Manchester United trainee. Didn't have a great start to life at the club, but he has shown some promise in the last few games.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Just read this from the begging, well done on slowly building a team for promotion! Surely that gives you more chance of staying up/pushing for play-offs as you've managed to build a team that's 'yours'?
    Thanks . It has taken us a little while to settle in a higher division(Took us 6 games to get our first win), but after 3 wins in our last 5 games we are not far of the playoff spots(5 points).

Part-Timer

Hopefully your squad will be able to build up on the recent run of form

Amateur

Hopefully your squad will be able to build up on the recent run of form
    Well, we've just beaten 2nd in the table Aldershot away from home to make it 4 wins out of 6, so it seems things are starting to come together nicely

Reserves

Should be heading for a strong first BSP season.

Youth Team

Best of luck in this new BSP season!

Amateur

Best of luck in this new BSP season!
    Cheers cerud

Mid-season update should be up sometime tonight.

Amateur

Although Yeovil have given me the chance to work in a higher division and have a wage budget that is nearly 5x the amount I'm working with at Boston, I decided to reject the offer. I've still got plenty of unfinished business at Boston as I would like to take them to at least League 2.
    Last edited by roganp; 01-12-2011 at 07:55.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by roganp View Post

Although Yeovil have given me the chance to work in a higher division and have a wage budget that is nearly 5x the amount I'm working with at Boston, I decided to reject the offer. I've still got plenty of unfinished business at Boston as I would like to take them to at least League 2.
    Yes, but Yeovil earned their FL status on merit, not cheating like Boston did first time. :P

(I am a Yeovil fan IRL and we hate Boston :P)

Reserves

Another time perhaps.

Amateur

Boston United - 2014/15 Mid-Season Update

Blue Square Bet Premier - 9th
    It's been a solid start to the season, but I do feel that we could in an even better position. After an initial struggle in a new division we managed to hit a good run of form, beating some of our fellow promotion hopefuls Aldershot, York and Burton away from home. However, we haven't been consistent enough for my liking and we've been too complacent against teams at the foot of the table. Still, we're only 5 points of the playoffs and hopefully with a few more additions we can finish in the top 5.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 2nd round
    After comfortable victory's in the early rounds against Non-League opposition, we were given a fairly big tie against League 1 Bristol Rovers. We put in a great performance in the away from home, coming from 2-0 down but unfortunately we could not make home advantage count in the replay and our time in the competition was over.

FA Trophy - Into the 2nd round
    We've played just the one game so far, beating Frickley 0-1.
    Last edited by roganp; 10-01-2012 at 14:58.

Semi Pro

Solid start to the season, should be looking to push on and try and have a good end to the season. Unlucky in the FA Cup but you did well to get a replay.

Youth Team

Only 4 points off of a playoff spot, should be possible Good season so far!

Amateur

Only 4 points off of a playoff spot, should be possible Good season so far!
    9 points now we've lost 4 games in a row

Amateur

Not the easiest of games those though, still a decent season so far I would say.

What's happened to MK Dons to sink to the relegation zone of the Conference so quickly?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by City2000 View Post
    Not the easiest of games those though, still a decent season so far I would say.

What's happened to MK Dons to sink to the relegation zone of the Conference so quickly?
    Terrible finances by the look of things. They are valued at 1.3M and are in 43.5M of debt, a huge debt for a club at this level. Thier stadium capacity has also been decreased 3 times.

Youth Team

Credit due for staying loyal to Boston, hopefully you are rewarded with decent finish in the league this season

Amateur

Boston United - 2014/15 Season Review

Blue Square Bet Premier - 15th
    Well, most of the second half of the season was a complete disaster. After my Mid-Season update we went on run of just 1 win in 16 games which ended any slim hope we had of making the playoffs. Instead we found ourselves slowly being dragged into a relegation battle, but thankfully our early season form was enough to ensure that we were never in any real danger of suffering the drop.

Towards the end of the season our form drastically improved, but we had to settle for a mid-table finish. All in all, I'm dissapointed with our collapse in the second half of the season however, some may see it as a decent season after getting promoted.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the second round

FA Trophy - Winners!
    I'll be honest and say that I paid little attention to the FA trophy this year, playing fringe players in most rounds to allow our key players to get some rest for the league games. However, the competition provided an escape from the stresses of the Blue Square Premier and after some great defensive performances (and some luck ) we soon found ourselves making the trip to Wembley for the second year in a row , but this year was to be our year as we beat Salisbury 2-0 to lift the trophy for the first time in the clubs history.

Sqaud

Transfers
    Dominic Iorfa, Elikem Amenku, Villyan Bijev were brought in during the January transfer window. None of them made any significant contribution, although of course Bijev did score both of the goals in the FA Trophy final.

Finances
    Looking great at the moment and they continue to improve.

Key Players

Joe Clarke - A solid debut season from the right back.
    Joe Wright - Excellent in the first half of the season, inconsistent in the second. However, he was still one of our better performers during our horrible run of form.
    Neil Yadolahi - Became the main man in defence this season as the performance levels of captain Ross Smith began to decline.
    Mark Hickman - Top goalscorer and he took over the role as the clubs lead striker from Tresor Kandol.

Code:
    2014/2015  Boston United     England       Blue Square Bet Premier    15th        FA Trophy Winners!
    Next Season
    Similar to this stage last year, I have delayed signing a new contract(it runs out in a months time) but it's very likely that I will eventually put pen to paper on a new deal . Throughout the season I was heavily linked with some high end League 2 jobs and a couple of sides in League 1, but as of yet the only firm offer has come from Yeovil.
    Last edited by roganp; 01-12-2011 at 07:55.

Semi Pro

Solid season in the league and a great win in the FA Trophy too!

Reserves

Comfortable season establishing yourself.

Amateur

This is a great read so far, keep it up. Going nicely along.

Youth Team

Well done on the FA Trophy win. Nice steady progress you're making, improving every season

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast