Question on work permit

Tried to offer him a contract but he has been denied for a work permit... help.. is he totally useless now? what is the condition for one to be granted the work permit?

This might help explain, but don't know what, if anything, has changed for FM12.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-players/51669-how-get-my-player-work-permit-thread.html

EDIT: This can be a bit slow to open for some reason.

You need to send him to an European affiliate for around 1000 (ish) days in most cases.

Certain countries require more (Think Romania is 1500) and others less (only 600).

It'll say how long it'll take on the affiliates screen.

I click on my Stromsgodset affiliate but no where can I find the information about the work permit or days... You mean when you send your players there they will become a citizen of that country? Certainly when they are citizens then the WP issue is gone.. I can just let them stay in England for 5 years to make it happen... is this the only way?

WP good countries:

Croatia - becomes EU national by 3rd season (and takes 2 years for nationality)

Bulgaria, Poland, Romania - 3 years for nationality

Spain - 2 years for nationality (central and south americans ONLY.... and there's a foreginer restriction to 2 or 3 - depends on league)

Thanks, looking at that Dugout post, keep offering him contracts will do the trick (maybe)

If you send him on loan then offer a contract he can sign the contract without needing a work permit (though he'll still need one to play). Means you can extend his contract and keep sending him on loan till he nationalises.

Archived