The game is unavailable - please try again at another time

ATV

Guys please try verifying your game cache by right-clicking FM in the Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity Of Game Cache...

are we going to have to do this for every patch? don't remember this happening for fm11 on steam.

never had any problems with steam in 3 years but this year its a bloody pain

same. never had an issue with steam in the 3 years i've been using it until the patches for fm12 started arriving. been patient, but hoping this isn't going to be a trend.

That would appear to be the logical solution and is therefore beyond Steam :/

i feel the game company's that use steam should make sure that it works properly before choosing it as there only method of playing the game , steam have no reasons to change anything unless the games company's stop using it till issues are sorted

i got no issue si using steam if it stop piracy but just make sure it works properly for everyone who buys legit first

WTF is this. I have an internet connection (witness this post). I have tried starting in offline mode as well. I have the CD in my drive.

All I get is this! Has this happened to anyone else? Everytime I start FM2012, I just get this message :(

No, you'll just delete the game.

If you've followed the advice here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7228260&viewfull=1#post7228260

Could you tell us a bit more about your PC - post the contents of a DXDiag - see here for how to do that:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184733&viewfull=1#post7184733

Thanks

Matt, From that link -

A new update has been released, I don't know if it's updated and now the game is unavailable or crashing?

When a new patch is released the game will automatically update through Steam's servers

The update will download in the background and once complete you will be able to run the updated game

You do not need to start a new game to get the benefits of these updates

If you find you cannot start the game for any reason after downloading the update or are unsure the game has updated, exit Steam and relaunch it

If you still can't launch the game, verify your game cache as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719

If that still doesn't work, exit Steam again, relaunch Steam and re-verify the cache

Continue to verify the cache if this still does not work.

Am I reading it correctly, we're just supposed to keep on verifying it, over and over, until it works?

Somewhat bizarrely it's been indicated that doing it twice or even three times has made a difference...

Bit of a nightmare, all this, isn't it Matt.

I feel sorry for S.I. having to put up with all this through no fault of their own.

Whats the verdict from the supplier of all this Online stuff? Have they indicated a) If they know what's causing things, and b) When they're going to fix it?

And have they said they will improve upon their "you cannot play the game at this time [/end]" message?

Even I who dislike having to use Steam to play FM12 are getting quite tired of these posts. Please use a second or two to find similar threads before posting. Maybe you'll find an answer there...

It just shows the scale of the problems with Steam, the more people post problems the better idea SI get of how big the problem is. It's quite obvious from the title of the thread what it's going to be about, so if you're tired of reading these threads don't click on them.

How do you feel sorry for SI? They chose to use Steam and only Steam, if Steam isn't working when trying to play FM then the responsibility lies wholly with SI as it was their choice to use a third party piece of software for the activation, running and updating of FM. If SI hasn't done enough testing with Steam then again it is purely SI's fault. I didn't buy a piece of software from Steam, I bought it from SI and therefore it is SI's responsibility to make sure it is working properly.

Aye okay, i was just trying to be pleasant, ask Matt some questions about "them" without turning the thread into another Steam-based rant and it getting closed down again.

But yes, I sincerely hope SI have got some other thoughts about FM13.

Archived