+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let it snow!

Hybrid View

Amateur

Thumbs up Let it snow!

Never seen this before! Think it's a new feature? Game postponed on the day due to snow.

Seems like we've had another winter full of snow and the Fratton Park pitch without under soil heating can't handle it!

Amateur

dont hope it happens too often whatever you do. at wrexham i had 3 home games IN A ROW called off for a waterlogged pitch. think we need better drainage!

Amateur

^ Wrexham - SI proves it always rains in Wales.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield Sunday View Post
    ^ Wrexham - SI proves it always rains in Wales.
    had to laugh at that comment. maybe SI have got the weather right this year!

Amateur

Must say this is realism in its full glory. Its stuff like this that i truly appreciate.

Amateur

It's great to see postponements back in the game.

Amateur
    Slightly envious of you and your position :-/

Hooray some unpredictability!

Part-Timer

Good to see that in the game... until fixtures begin to pile up and I'm forced to play the reserves/kids

International Squad

Postponements had never left the game... it's just they have finally returned to possibly* a more realistic level.

*I haven't got the game so can't judge for myself, but have read and seen screens of multiple postponements on the same day.

Amateur

Can't say I've ever had one before this but I've mainly played in the higher leagues where most/all teams have undersoil heating.

Third Team

I like it aswell, just like real life
    Playing in the Confrence, I've had 5 games called off over the last season and a half.
    All down to a waterlogged pitch.

I remeber a time on previous Fm's, where there were no postponed games, I think SI disabled it iirc because the game was re-arranging fixtures at crazy times etc.

Amateur

I think it could still be implemented in a better fashion. When games are called off in real life it doesnt just effect 1 or 2 games it effects the whole country, especially in the lower leagues. However, on FM2011 so far I have had a few games called off due to snow but my game was the only game in the league to postponed.

Amateur

I've seen quite a few news items of AI matches being postponed in the lower leagues on fm2012... a nice touch of realism by the way!

I just wish that the postponed matches were permanently listed amongst the fixtures and results with P-P instead of disappearing from the list. They are listed for so long but soon disappear. Infact I'm not sure, but perhaps this is a bug?

It's not a major problem, but in my game some teams in the lower leagues have played alot less games than other teams and I would like to view how many postponed matches they'd had on their fixture/results screen as well as being able to see the weather forecast for that day.

+ Reply to Thread