Steam Error: "Preparing to launch Football Manager 2012"

Hey everyone.

I purchased FM2012 over the counter a couple of days ago and then proceeded to install it on my MacBook Pro with OSX Lion, played it for 2 days without any problems, and then went to play it this morning and it won't work.

What happens is, I click the FM2012 shortcut on my desktop to start it up, which then starts up Steam, saying "Connecting Steam Account: RedFromNZ" but FM2012 never loads like it was doing so previously. If I go to my Games menu and click 'Play', still nothing. If I go to shut down Steam it says something along the lines of "Please quit FM2012 before shutting down Steam."

I'm stuck!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Okay thanks for your help anyway mate. I'm gonna wait for that support ticket to be responded to.

I've never had good experiences using Steam, be it on Counter-strike or Football Manager, regardless of whether I was on my old PC or my new Mac. Hate the bloody thing!

Cheers for trying though mate.

Mine is working again!!

Followed Matt's link, about the blob.

Exit from Steam and go to the ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games.

Once you have deleted them, re-open stream from THE STREAM LINK not the FM12 shortcut. Then it will ask you to INSTALL again, this will re-download the patch and will hopefully make FM work again!

Mine is working again!!

Exit from Steam and go to the ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games.

Once you have deleted them, re-open stream from THE STREAM LINK not the FM12 shortcut. Then it will ask you to INSTALL again, this will re-download the patch and will hopefully make FM work again!

Is that on a PC or a Mac mate? I'm on Mac. Will give it a go

Mine is working again!!

Thanks Terry mine is working again. And thanks heaps to Matt - cheers for your advice!

*** If anyone else finds similar issues as I mentioned in my opening post, then read the comments from Terry01234 and Matt - SEGA ***

• 5 months later...
Mine is working again!!

I am embarrassed to even ask this, but where do I find the "users" part of the path mentioned above?

Archived