Closed Thread

Thread: Steam Error: "Preparing to launch Football Manager 2012"

Amateur

Default Steam Error: "Preparing to launch Football Manager 2012"

Hey everyone.

I purchased FM2012 over the counter a couple of days ago and then proceeded to install it on my MacBook Pro with OSX Lion, played it for 2 days without any problems, and then went to play it this morning and it won't work.

What happens is, I click the FM2012 shortcut on my desktop to start it up, which then starts up Steam, saying "Connecting Steam Account: RedFromNZ" but FM2012 never loads like it was doing so previously. If I go to my Games menu and click 'Play', still nothing. If I go to shut down Steam it says something along the lines of "Please quit FM2012 before shutting down Steam."

I'm stuck!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Amateur

I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling FM2012. No luck.

There a guides for simmilar issues on a PC on steams support site, but not for Mac. I would personally suggest putting in a steam support ticket, and they will be able to help you: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Amateur

i have issues as well.. it so rubbish i paid hard earned cash for the game.. when i want to play it dont work.. whats the point in me paying for it http://twitter.com/#!/Atiff_uk/media...ic.com%2F7a7mu

Amateur

Bump. I need this solved!

Semi Pro

Have you put in a Steam support ticket? Or contacted SEGA Customer Services?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - SEGA View Post
    Have you put in a Steam support ticket? Or contacted SEGA Customer Services?
    Yeah I've put in a Steam support ticket. No reply yet but I'm hopeful. Extremely frustrating to have the game not work after I spent so much money on it!

Semi Pro

Quick suggestion - can you go to the Steam menu, settings, Download and Cloud, try changing your region there and restarting?

Amateur

I can't even find Steam Menu, settings etc. Where is it located?

Amateur

Its under "Preferences"

Semi Pro

Well - I'm guessing - on the PC version when you have Steam open, there's a menu that runs along the top of it - Steam, View, Friends, Games, Help. Look or sounds familiar in any way?

Amateur

Literally the only tabs I can find are Store, Library, News and Community. Can't see Preferences anywhere, nor Settings.

Amateur

Right at the top of the screen, next to the "Apple" click "stream", and "preferences" is there.

Semi Pro

Hmmm.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...5483-YUFN-0521 seemed to be the best advice I can find.

I have no idea where preferences are though I'm afraid, I've literally never used a Mac.

Amateur

Okay thanks for your help anyway mate. I'm gonna wait for that support ticket to be responded to.

I've never had good experiences using Steam, be it on Counter-strike or Football Manager, regardless of whether I was on my old PC or my new Mac. Hate the bloody thing!

Cheers for trying though mate.

Semi Pro

Heh - they're gonna tell you to do the same thing. I suggest you hunt down those preference - did the advice in post 13 not help?

Lurker

Default Tried It

I've tried all of this preference stuff and no luck. Anything being done?

Semi Pro

OK, if you've tried it and you're still having issues, please post details of your DXDiag in here and we'll try to help.

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184733

Amateur

Mine is working again!!

Followed Matt's link, about the blob.

Exit from Steam and go to the ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games.

Once you have deleted them, re-open stream from THE STREAM LINK not the FM12 shortcut. Then it will ask you to INSTALL again, this will re-download the patch and will hopefully make FM work again!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Terry01234 View Post
    Mine is working again!!

Exit from Steam and go to the ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games.

Once you have deleted them, re-open stream from THE STREAM LINK not the FM12 shortcut. Then it will ask you to INSTALL again, this will re-download the patch and will hopefully make FM work again!
    Is that on a PC or a Mac mate? I'm on Mac. Will give it a go

Semi Pro

That's a Mac.

Lurker

I'm getting this problem everytime launching the game from Steam.

"Football Manager 2012 v 12 . 0 . 4 f 233648 quit unexpectedly"

Any help?

Amateur

Mine is working again!!

Thanks Terry mine is working again. And thanks heaps to Matt - cheers for your advice!

*** If anyone else finds similar issues as I mentioned in my opening post, then read the comments from Terry01234 and Matt - SEGA ***

Amateur

Mine is working again!!

I am embarrassed to even ask this, but where do I find the "users" part of the path mentioned above?

Semi Pro

Followed the instructions in Terry01234 post, but did not work for me

The issue you're encountering is here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ooking-into-it

Closed Thread