Almost impossible to offload players in lower leagues

Anyone else having this problem? Having tried for almost a full season to offload some deadwood with no success I decided a test was in order. To do this I installed a manager at a much higher rep club in a division two higher than where I currently am. The four players in question are all set as not needed and are on low moral due to that status, one even requested a transfer. I tried to sign each of them to the higher rep club and NONE of them were even interested in negotiating any kind of deal. Totally unrealistic.

Offer them a mutual termination of the contract. It will probably take some time, as they will refuse the first or second offer, but in the end, they will agree.

Yeah but it shouldn't be like that; especially with the guy that requested to leave.

I agree that this has been a problem with FM for a long time, and not just with lower league clubs. Although I've played a bit with lower league clubs, I've played more with premiership caliber teams, and found it to be a bigger issue there. I would think that with any Premier League team, there would be some lower teams in the league or lower division teams willing to bid for my players. I find it pretty ridiculous that even when I offer players for $0 transfer fees, there are no clubs willing to make a bid. You'd think that if I'm offering any player from a Champions League team, there would be someone in the top two divisions who would think they have a chance at signing the guy.

I agree that this has been a problem with FM for a long time, and not just with lower league clubs. Although I've played a bit with lower league clubs, I've played more with premiership caliber teams, and found it to be a bigger issue there. I would think that with any Premier League team, there would be some lower teams in the league or lower division teams willing to bid for my players. I find it pretty ridiculous that even when I offer players for $0 transfer fees, there are no clubs willing to make a bid. You'd think that if I'm offering any player from a Champions League team, there would be someone in the top two divisions who would think they have a chance at signing the guy.

Yes that is a logical thing to assume, but the only thing that matters to players now is reputation. If your club (and you) have a high reputation, your players would not like to move to a club with lower reputation regardless of his situation at the club. Furthermore, the AI clubs are looking at a player's reputation when they want to sign someone, and they evidently go for players who have the same-ish reputation as them, not lower not higher.

The result is that unless a club of a similar reputation to yours want your deadwood for some obscure unrealistic reason, they will stay until their contract runs out.

Archived