+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Small, otherwise insignificant things which annoy you

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    Complacency? Might be worth having a look at ass man instructions before a game against smaller opposition and adjusting your team talks for any player who seems complacent.
    I've always felt that the effect of complacency has always been exaggerated in this game. There are games I sit there thinking to myself 'Messi doesn't miss this much when he's drunk'.

Semi Pro

Firstly when I find an absolute gun newgen and the players agent refuses to negotiate a contract.

Secondly, when managing a club, and we are set to move to a much much bigger stadium, yet it gets postponed by 12 months, time and time again.

Thoughts ?

And for other people, name 2 things that really get you mad in FM12 ...

Don't get me wrong, I love Football Manager 12, and all past versions.

Amateur

-when the sub comes on before the other player goes off... this really annoys me.

Reserves

crosses into the box never go to the mans head. Every goal from a cross is a volley or a tap in . as such, my 194cm tall striker, with 17 heading and 14 jumping, hasnt scored a single header despite having two wingers crossing often, aiming at the target man in the middle which is my striker, (one of the wingers has 13 crossing as well) he hasnt scored a single headed goal. This isnt because he's missing the headers, its because the the ball never comes in high enough!

Third Team

Might be a stupid question but have you set crossing to 'float', 'drill' or 'mixed'?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    Might be a stupid question but have you set crossing to 'float', 'drill' or 'mixed'?
    The physics engine in this game doesn't handle ball curves and force...

Reserves

float. Not THAT stupid a question.

Third Team

wow done the match again, back to the usual rubbish away form where players turn to drunken stickmen.

all the decent newgens are spawning in dumb places, i got a 200 pa from belarus and found a 199 in egypt. and a bunch of other fantatic defenders... in thailand, japan, nigeria, uSA, all unsignable to work permit issues and they never get called up.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by aderow View Post
    I've always felt that the effect of complacency has always been exaggerated in this game. There are games I sit there thinking to myself 'Messi doesn't miss this much when he's drunk'.
    I'd agree with that tbh. There are a lot of games where i find my players becoming complacent.

I can understand it happening a number of times throughout the season if you're a big team but for players who are supposed to be highly professional and determined complacency feels far too common.

Third Team

i had them go complacent after 6 minutes into a game, we scored, spent rest of the game being rubbish.
    too much of a sway, every team gets a period in the game, yet i go away to the big teams and get very little, that does not happen in real life.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    this
    Kieron Dyer, back in the day, the only player to score with a broken foot in the english premier league

Amateur

Brazilian League is sorted by wins. So when it says Team X can go up two places if they secure a win against Team Y. When the teams their taking over have two wins more than Team X, it bugs me.

Amateur

When I press 'Continue' and it comes up with the 'hint and tip' that "Picking someone with a high attribute in corners will make a good corner taker"

​Captain obvious.

Third Team

yes but the backroom advice never follows it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Kieron Dyer, back in the day, the only player to score with a broken foot in the english premier league
    Didn't Cesc Fàbregas score a penalty against Aston Villa with a fractured leg last season? Or did it occur as he scored?

Semi Pro
    Somewhere between Yael Stone and Laura Prepon

The one little thing that annoys me is when the game says something along the lines of "Portsmouth have been the most prolific team in the transfer market bringing in an incredible 11 players", when in fact you've brought in 2 first teamers and 9 youngsters for the U18s.

It makes me worry that the game will think my first team has suffered a massive turnaround of players and punish me with disjointed performances.

Part-Timer

The sheer stupidity of AI Clubs. I have just had a screenshot. "SAMIR NASRI PUTS PEN TO PAPER ON LUCRATIVE 2 YEAR DEAL WORTH £11,000,000."

He has been on loan with my West Ham side for 3 years!! Hasn't kicked a ball for Man City in all that time and they give him a new 2 year deal. Bizarre...

Reserves

I'm managing Anzhi Makhachkala, who play in a relatively small, open stadium. Now I know that SI don't have the rights to reproduce stadiums in the game as they appear in real life, and I actually feel that the Anzhi stadium looks quite realistic in-game anyway. But what annoys me is what I see outside the stadium - a row of posh-looking terraced housing like you'd see in a middle-class area of London! This is Makhachkala, Dagestan! I know you don't know exactly what it's like outside each and every stadium, but don't stick a load of quintessentially English housing outside a Dagestani football stadium. I'd prefer some kind of generic wasteground.

Amateur

Love the game but still several annoying things....

> Player Histories!!!

> Conference Question..." You've had a bit of a break..." er no; its been internationals and 95% of my squad has been away so hardly a rest for them!

> Manager rotation - manager sacked at spurs, replaced with fulham manager for spurs manager to take the fulham role. Maybe once in a blue moon this happens

> I'll echo the fans thinking the sale of a crap youth player for most of a season. He was poor and wouldn't have made cup appearances so get over it

> Hall of Fame not including ALL trophies. Even if the lague cup is a minor competition INCLUDE IT, what about the Club World Championship.... surely they all generate points!

> I'll echo those who have said about contract offers - SI simply have to include the ability for managers to say - I HAVE, you/your agent turned it down. I occasionally see that a player sacks an agent after the break down in contract talks but managers need to be able to say "I matched all of your demands, wages etc but your agent wants 10m I'm sorry but no... you can either get him to renegotiate or sit on your current deal!"

> The media not learning as the game goes on. Known for attacking play at your previous team you take control of another only to be asked what type of football, what type of manager, transfer targets etc. At least evolve and ask if the circumstances of the new club will dictate a change in your personal style i.e. for the remainder of the season we just have to win no matter what but in the longer term... or the club needs experience but I'll be looking to youth once the ship has been steadied

Third Team

Players doing a Usain Bolt superman when celebrating a gaol, I'm sure someone in SI towers had a right giggle when they first saw it but 20 seasons later it is now more annoying than players 'rocking the baby'.

Semi Pro

The way long throws are represented in an attacking sense. Every player stays behind the ball and waits for it to drop, meaning it usually ends up at an attacking player's feet only a few yards from goal. Players never try to get in front to win the header, and it's yet another example of the defensive deficiencies in the 3D.

Long throws in real life are generally like another cross, where the game treats them like a long ball to feet.

Amateur

The fact that defenders do not bother to mark the player standing in an offside position near the byline at throw-ins - I guess someone forgot to program the AI to understand that you can't be offside from a throw in.

Third Team

when i see long throws in the game, they look spot on, i rarely score from them (i think 1 a seson) they are more like corners

Semi Pro

I find they are allowed to drop far too deep and to feet. In real life defenders would immediately get in front to win a header, or at least force the attacker to win it in the air. They wouldn't allow it to go to feet six yards out.

One thing that bugs me is that no matter what level in England I am managing at, whether it's championship, L1 or L2, my games are always officiated by a premier league referee. It's Walsall v Tranmere on a saturday and I've got bloody Howard Webb in charge.

Amateur

Scout believes player X should be regarded as a definite purchase

*buys player*

Assman believes player X's squad status should be changed. he sees him more as "backup to the first team".

For all my first choice back 4...

Part-Timer

Anyone here has ever seen a backpass to the keeper called a foul?

Amateur

mine are

keeper wandering to wherever the free kick is to be taken from , then back to his goal or behind it to get the ball .
    sent off player going and sitting on the subs bench
    striker clean through on goal turning and passing back to a midfielder, or with a clear shot at goal in the penalty area passing the ball instead

Amateur

Why does the ball go through to the roof of the net when it comes from over (e.g missed lob). If side-netting is possible, top-netting is possible too. Tbh this is not so small and insignificant for me and it's really annoying.

Amateur

Agent/club spam. No, I won't buy that Japanese dude for my all-German team, especially when you're offering him for 2x his value and asking millions for agent fees.

The quantity of yellow cards. Makes me shake each match as my top striker going down would mean a major blow. Cmon dudes, this is soccer - it's brutal.

Amateur

Player Search:

Asking my AssMan to filter out unrealistic targets, and then showing a whole host of Player/managers or Player/Coaches that I cannot sign. Please filter these out too, as I would deem them unrealistic too.

Match Ratings on Player stat screen:

This just shows bars, but you cannot read the exact rating for each match. There is no tool-tip on mouseover. That makes it more or less useless except as a quick overview of his performance, which could just as easily be done with a graph. Give me the exact match rating, at least on mouse over.

Part-Timer

There is a free kick routine where the player taking the free kick does a quick short pass to a player with his back to the ball. One of two things happens, the ball bounces off your player intot he patch an opposition player, or your player stands completely still whilst the opposition player "intecepts" the ball. Any time a player tries to pass the through one of their own players and the ball bounces of their back, that happens a lot more then it should. Also in the match engine there are times when the ball comes near one of your players but they completely ignore it and just stand there whilst another one of your players runs across half the pitch to get the ball.

Negotiations aren't really negotiations. You have the initial offer, your counter offer, and then what is normally more or less their final offer.
    I want £50k a week.
    How about £20k?
    I want £40k.
    How about £25k?
    I want £40k.
    How about £30k?
    I want £40k.
    How about £35k?
    I want £40k.
    How about £38k?
    I want £40k.
    How about £39k?
    Okay.
    Two days later. News item saying player X has rejected a new contract offer. Or worse the agent gets annoyed cancels the talks then hates you. I'm sorry you hate me for making you do your job?

Third Team

Club's not getting the message when I keep rejecting their loan offers. I didn't want to loan my player to you the first, second, third or fourth time you asked so why have you placed the same offer for a fifth time in a fortnight?

GO AWAY!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Katarian View Post
    There is a free kick routine where the player taking the free kick does a quick short pass to a player with his back to the ball. One of two things happens, the ball bounces off your player intot he patch an opposition player, or your player stands completely still whilst the opposition player "intecepts" the ball. Any time a player tries to pass the through one of their own players and the ball bounces of their back, that happens a lot more then it should. Also in the match engine there are times when the ball comes near one of your players but they completely ignore it and just stand there whilst another one of your players runs across half the pitch to get the ball.
    This! ... happens so often, and it is annoying as heck. Often this happens when half my players are waiting for the ball into the box, and then my free kick taker decides that the central defender standing 30 cm away with his back turned, should get the ball instead .... why is he there in the first place? .. he does not have the 'Stand with taker' instruction *grrrrr*

Club's not getting the message when I keep rejecting their loan offers. I didn't want to loan my player to you the first, second, third or fourth time you asked so why have you placed the same offer for a fifth time in a fortnight?

GO AWAY!!!
    Haha, I have the exact opposite problem (might be linked to a large database and generated players for lower division sides). I offer youngsters out for nothing on loan, many estimated to be good enough for the BSP (where I play), and there are no offers at all. No clubs in tier 6, 7 or 8 think he is good enough?

But yeah ... I have seen a similar thing where a New Zealand club kept offering a contract to Besart Berisha (german/albanian player), and kept having to cancel the transfer as they were only allowed one Marque player (whatever that is) .. then two weeks later trying to sign him again, with the same result. I think they tried this about 5 times (so far).
    Last edited by StormenDK; 05-05-2012 at 20:01.

Third Team

just seen more ME stupidity, Penalty given for a push.
    A. the player was OUTSIDE the area
    B. what sort of push makes a player fall forwards when the player was next to him by his side looking at him?

Third Team

Ask Ashley Young.

I don't have a problem with 'a' as mistakes are a part of the game.

Third Team

ashley young went in the direction of the foul. a push to the side would not make you fall forwards.
    and the net thing annoys me as well.
    Last edited by scott MUFC; 06-05-2012 at 13:12.

Amateur

Player wants to leave as he's not getting first team football, you say you'll find a club for him, you offer him to other clubs but no one is interested, and player complains that you didn't keep your promise and may take things further.

My right-back has all the time in the world to get to the ball, but for some reason he still needed more time, striker (who was initially miles away) nicks the ball from him, runs through and smashes it past the keeper, who could have possibly been better positioned. Motivation screen says keeper made mistake for the goal and now has a rating of 5.5. The right-back, who was clearly the main culprit still says playing ok and no mention of his far more significant error.

Players being removed from my shortlist as per my instruction despite the fact that I ALWAYS choose add indefinitely.

Just lost an important game that could very well cost me the title. First question in post match press conference: "That was player x's 125th appearance for the club…". Why are you asking me this question?? My team are on the brink of a late season collapse and you're asking me if a player (who probably didn't even play well) is a great servant to the club? What's the significance of 125 appearances anyway?

I click on a player who I've just sold (just to see him in the new colours, I don't know why), and it says I'll need to scout him to know what my assistant thinks of him, despite the fact that just a day before he was part of my squad, and was so for the last 3 years.

Arsenal showing as white/red rather than red/white when playing Fulham at home, yet 3D view shows they're wearing the usual home kit.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by g00n View Post
    Didn't Cesc Fàbregas score a penalty against Aston Villa with a fractured leg last season? Or did it occur as he scored?
    That was against Barcelona. He went off injured straight after.

Amateur

problems with the text **** me of

Amateur

i hate when i scout a bunch of people, that everyone is automatically on my subscribe list, is there any way to change that?

Amateur

The number of times that the other team score right from the kick off after you've scored. Happens WAY too often on FM in comparison to real life.

A) players moan about not getting payed a lot despite being payed more than anyone else in the league
    B) Players moan about the team not being prestigous enough for them but they moan every 3 months about it when it is not possible to change your reputation that quickly
    C) in all 3 of my saves Lyon are ridiculously overpowered with great regens every year in 10 seasons they have made at least the CL semi final every time winning 4 times and have answered 9 of my goals with a goal within 45 seconds
    D) i have a conversation with an unhappy player the chat ends unexpected and I have 12 players moan about how I have disrespected their mate
    E) February comes and I always hit a blip
    F) they restrict how often you can up your youth setup we have won the CL 3 times in a row and all of our youth to the exception of 2 would not even get signed in the conference north/south
    and G) all the regens look the same which isn't realistic to me

Amateur

Not able to lock a specific coach for a coach report. Argh! Everytime it goes back to the assistant!

Third Team
    Probably the only Chinese guy goes to Leeds' away game. Occasionally accompany by the missus

The Board are happy that I declined to comment on a job offer, but when I actually rejected an offer, they won't react one bit.

Amateur

The number of times a player scores his first goal of the season against you. Fine if it's the first couple of weeks but it's still going on in the last few games! Also reserves getting their one and only runout of the season will score against you. This also happens with their first goal for the club.
    Last edited by cruiseee; 14-08-2012 at 11:38.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    The referee gives a foul. He's miles from the challenge. You know it's going to be a yellow because the player and the ref start to move towards one another. You go to make a brew. You have a wee. You knock up an omelette. You eat the omelette and drink the brew. Book a last minute easyJey flight to Crete. Come back two weeks later with suburn. Load your photos to Facebook. Have a kip. Wake up and go for a walk to blow away the cobwebs. Sort your clothes out for work. Head to bed. Get up the next day. Shower, shave, brekkie. Head off to Carlisle for week-long team building exercise. Arrive home a week later. The player and the ref have met in the middle. Yellow card. Continue with the match.
    Bloody hilarious! I'm reading this at work and had to pretend I was coughing when I started laughing!
    Last edited by cruiseee; 14-08-2012 at 12:19.

Amateur

Good one Mike7077. The game just gets too slow after a few seasons. I know I dont have a state of the art laptop, but having to wait this long for the processing to end after I hit Continue is ridiculous. In fact, starting up the game and loading my save takes forever. And I've only got two leagues loaded (using add/remove leagues).

And if that is not annoying enough in itself I get informed (while waiting on the processing to end) about some Zambian player being transferred to some Zimbabwean club on a free transfer, some Belarussian player deciding to retire at 24 or Indonesia -19's drawing against Bhutan -19's. That's just rubbing it in..

The speed of the game needs to improve drasticly in FM13 or I see myself forced to return to an earlier version.. I usually start a save when I buy the new game and play that save untill the new game is released a year onwards, but this is utopia at the speed FM12 is in my current save, and I'v started all over twice already. New laptop maybe, but the game is fine in the first couple of seasons, so it should be later on, especially withe the add/remove leagues option keeping active leagues to a minimum
    Last edited by ommerson; 14-08-2012 at 12:33.

Amateur

I bought a regen youngster from Dortmund in my 2nd season, assistant manager suggests I get Rosicky to tutor him. This is a good idea as Rosicky is a former Dortmund player and may help things. Later in the season youngster is very happy with how it went, they got on very well off the pitch, etc and Rosicky is now one of his favoured personnel. 3rd season assistant manager suggests it again so I go for it knowing how well it went last time. When it's over youngster is not happy as he learned nothing and there was a clash of personalities.

WHAT?? He was your best mate last time round! What's more, despite this clash of personalities Rosicky is still one of his favoured personnel and there is no mention of this clash in his general happiness!

Had a goal go down as an own goal from the keeper, even though he went to clear it, it smacked a defender standing near the penalty spot and rebounded in. Surely this is an own goal by the defender?!

Quote Originally Posted by cruiseee View Post
    The number of times a player scores his first goal of the season against you. Fine if it's the first couple of weeks but it's still going on in the last few games! Also reserves getting their one and only runout of the season will score against you. This also happens with their first goal for the club.
    +1 this always happens and it totally pisses me off 80% of my goals for the last 2 seasons have said this after they scored so despite having a great squad we always play a team and their hapless and totally goalshy players decide that they will all contrive to help him score a goal!!! I fear the day I play against a team where everyone is making their debut

Third Team

it is usualy from those stupid corners, long shots and kock off goals as well.
    and on long throws, i have had them behave like a corner, defender heads it in :P

Amateur

My full-back scores a rare goal. Post match press conference: "A bit of a collector's item today - a goal from player X!". Fair enough, he's a full-back so isn't really tall enough to go up for corners and, being a defender, doesn't get too many scoring opportunities. Option 1: He'll start banging them in on a regular basis now!". No he won't, he's still a full-back so still won't get many chances. Option 2: "It was great to see, he's been working really hard to improve that side of his game". No he hasn't, he's a full-back and isn't expected or even required to score goals.

Part-Timer

My full-back scores a rare goal. Post match press conference: "A bit of a collector's item today - a goal from player X!". Fair enough, he's a full-back so isn't really tall enough to go up for corners and, being a defender, doesn't get too many scoring opportunities. Option 1: He'll start banging them in on a regular basis now!". No he won't, he's still a full-back so still won't get many chances. Option 2: "It was great to see, he's been working really hard to improve that side of his game". No he hasn't, he's a full-back and isn't expected or even required to score goals.
    True that! Bugs me as well.

What annoys me is this:

I play the following formation: GK-DR-DCR-DCL-DL-DM-MCR-MCL-AMR-AML-STR

In the tactics screen before the game, during half time and after the game, the list of players is exactly in that sequence. However, during the game itself in TV-mode, the list of players in both de 'Assman feedback' window and the 'Team motivation' window the list is: GK-DR-DCR-DCL-MCR-DM-MCL-AML-STR-AMR. Very confusing. Is this a little bug in the game, or something of my own doing? I have posted this question elsewhere too.

Semi Pro

Tiny fruit flys.

Banned

My team has 1 nervous player- I will still play well, create lots of chances but not score and end up with poor result; opposition has a team full of nervous players and it makes no difference to their performance or ability to score!

Amateur

The keeper, seemingly on ice, gliding right out of the penalty area when he gathers up a harmless punt up the park and getting sent off in the process. happened to me twice in 3 games.

and no, it wasn't the depths of winter, it was an Italian September.

Amateur

On my save (now in 2019) England hired Stuart Pearce from the start of the game. He won back-to-back Euro Championships and then resigned in 2016. Since then England have hired 4! unknown managers who haven't had any previous football/background experience! 2 have retired and 1 was sacked with the 4th still in charge. Surely there would be someone who wants to manage their national side with managerial experience?! They haven't performed badly (bar the one who got sacked) so it's not a major problem but it just annoys me seeing random people in charge of the national side.

Third Team

players controling the ball, getting to the 6 yard box... then somehow skying the shot.

away game junk... sort that out, players playing like they are in treakle is no fun
    Last edited by scott MUFC; 15-08-2012 at 02:51.

Amateur

- Balls always get booted to Row Z. By now, we should have many many balls lying around in Row Z!
    - Youth players unhappy when I tried getting someone to tutor him
    - Defender strolling towards the ball when the striker is in hot pursuit behind him
    - Opponents scoring too many long shots. Scenario: opponent's striker is 35m away from your goal, you've got a couple of man on him. Suddenly, he rifles the ball into the roof of your net.

Lurker

When players don't seem to want to actually play football...

Older players who would rather sit there and be unattached than sign for a top club...I'm the league winning PSG it's the 2nd season and Paul Scholes won't go anywhere near us. He'd rather sit and sulk that united have had thr audacity to released him.

Transfers like Eto or Drogba to a rich foreign league or Cahill to MSL just will not/can not happen in the game...

Somebody like say Rio or Carragher or whoever signing for the A-League or going to the US for one last hurrah is what we have come to expect...ditto a 33 year old World Class player going to Russia or China or like Salgado...to Blackburn.

This virtually does not happen with players choosing to retire rotting in the reserves of a big club but yet for example if you are a smaller London based Prem team and you go in for say Lampard in the 3rd season despite him playing maybe ten games the previous season...or he might sign but would still expect £100K per week and no matter how little football a player has been getting if he is retiring at the end of the season he is going nowhere!

Amateur

When you are managing a National team they are still referred to as a "club" in press conferences.

Youth Team

Winger is clear, striker is ready to receive the cross for an easy scoring chance... but no!

Winger decides to stop, turns around and either passes the ball back to the overlapping fullback (who hits a predictable cross from deep) or hits the closing down defender and it's a corner.

Amateur

1. On highlights view-A player getting injured and been forced to watch him roll around, the phyiso coming on, and then finally limping off, all this takes about 3mins and how it qualifies as a "highlight" ill never know. Yes you have the speed slider but its still annoying to have to bring this up and tilt it back and forth whenever this happens.

2. My back four taking an absurd amount of time to pick up loose balls, resulting in times when opposition players who started 10-15 meters further away getting there first. I'm pretty sure this is just a case of the ME poorly representing what is actually going on but still.

3. Not having the option to only view goal replays for my team, I don't want to view replays of opposition goals ffs.

4. Resorting to offering my players for stupidly low money in desperation to sell them but STILL not getting any offers.

5. Offering a player on loan who can easy be a very good player at Championship and below level, paying 100% of the wages but STILL not getting any offers.

4 part 2. Offering players FOR NOTHING and STILL not getting any offers, despite them all been on modest, easily affordable wages.

6. Doing the above 3 constancy for 4 months, then the player disrupting morale because "I broke a promise to sell", I ****ing tried everything ffs.

7. "Opposition team" profit from wasteful "my team". annoying because it usealiys follows on from an annoying game.

8. Very average/poor goal keepers going into god mode when you play them, only to go back to been their useless ****y selfs for the rest of the season.

9. One of my strikers missing like 4-5 CCCs, then having ago at me when I tell them they missed to many chances last match.

10. Amazingly qualify for the world cup as a massive underdog team, get a stupidly tough group stage draw, go out on 6pts (goals scored) and the two progressed teams both make the final.

11. Despite been by far the best English striker, I have never been able to get Wayne Rooney to perform at all at international level. constantly getting 5.8s ratings. Good job on si for translating his RL England form I guess.

12. World class players who their country massively relys on (no alternatives in that position) international retireing as soon as they hit 30.

13. Club managers withdrawing or liming to 45mins 2/3s of my squad.

14. Having a team which has this dreadful habit of playing amazing until they concede any type of goal. Leading to 3-0 HT wins to 4-3 losses.

15. Players who you have done an awful lot for, such as keeping with them though multiple massive injuries spells and continue to give them first team chances whereas allot of other teams would of forgot about them and labled them the next Paul Hargreaves, only to **** off the first chance they get. I'm looking at you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kightly

16. Managers having "a relatively poor opinion of you" for no reason.

17. Thumping the premier league favourites 4-0 away, then losing to a league 2 side at home 5 days later.

18. Manchester City constantly poaching my staff.

19. Assistant Manager making terrible decisions if i give him any kind of power. (Arranging friendlies at home to San Marino, giving crap youth players good contracts etc)

20. Players who insist on "match highest earner clause"

21. Not been able to appeal directly to the player when he is "very interested" and his agent is been a blatant dick is negotiations.

22. My assistant always always "didn't see the incident to is not sure if I should appeal" does he even watch the games ffs.

23. Players getting double yellowed for two acts of diving. (On my team)

24. Overly lenient referees who you could shoot but only get "a stern telling off"

25. Still not knowing what screen flow really does or how it works.

Still love the game thou =)

Third Team

- players walking away before the ref issues a card
    - the unnecessary waste of time when having to watch sometimes minutes of scenes with no highlights between making a tactical change and it taking effect
    - ball goes out for corner, corner taker walks slowly towards corner (no no shortcut in the scene), realizes the ball is somewhere else, walks to the ball, takes it, walks back to the corner. Another minute of my life lost
    - players being just few steps away from an open ball but either losing a 10 mile advantage by just walking or only beginning to move towards the ball when the opposition players already has an advantage to get to it. I know it's not, but that feels sooooooo scripted when that happens
    Last edited by jayahr; 15-08-2012 at 13:04.

Third Team

i had a manager like me and dislike like 2 months apart, although it was Kenny Dalgleash :P

i do hate that corner stuff, happens on goal kick, even more annoying when they throw it from behind the goal, it hits the post so they then walk to get that at such a slow pace on max speed :P

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Evilyoshi View Post
    15. Players who you have done an awful lot for, such as keeping with them though multiple massive injuries spells and continue to give them first team chances whereas allot of other teams would of forgot about them and labled them the next Paul Hargreaves, only to **** off the first chance they get. I'm looking at you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kightly
    And this geezer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_van_Persie (in real life at least)

Halfway through my 4th season as Arsenal and I'm so bitter I think I'll drop him permanently!
    Last edited by cruiseee; 16-08-2012 at 12:19.

Amateur

Not having numbers on the sliders. Ok you download a skin for it but why the hell is it not in the game to begin with?

Third Team

Injuries seem to happen, then the players get injured within weeks or in thier first match back (when you are trying to get some match fitness on them) it happens far too often to be a coincidence, and is meaning you dont have a player for half a season.
    even had one injured in training..... the same day i got the back intraining from injury message

Amateur

I think it's a bit strange when the board accepts an offer for your star player and then criticizes you for letting that player go in the monthly reports...it's not like it was my choice to offload him!!

Amateur

I hate it when Press Conferences highlight the same old thing (usually the most boring), and how you can't even view stats/attributes of board members anymore. Also the "Ex-England Star" thing. Just pick an ex international! I also don't understand how "I think many areas of the squad could be strengthened" = "Manager pleased with squad".

Amateur

When a player breaks his leg, its over.

No point in keeping the player, just move him on asap.

Lost way to many wonderkids like that...

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens2317 View Post
    I also don't understand how "I think many areas of the squad could be strengthened" = "Manager pleased with squad".
    That's not true. This news item only pops up if you are positive about your chances in the next match and thereafter choose the neutral option when the wuestion is asked which part of your team is particularly good.

The answer line you quoted is available only if your are giving an unsure answer about your chances in the next match and ususally leads to the news item line "manager name wants more players" or similar.

In the English league, no matter what level you are playing at you will always have a Premier League referee officiating your game. Very annoying!

Amateur

In the board meeting I get some suggestions of coaches that would be good to sign for my club and I offer them a contract. Then I get a new message saying that the board has cancelled the transfer as they don't feel that we need another coach...why the hell do you suggest people to me then???

Amateur

My gripe is that when you select a player from their international screen ie the Argentina Squad screen, it only tells me they are Argentinian. I want to know what their club is not nationality, the big flag next to their name is already a big give away.

For Example I dont want to see 18. Matius Ezequiel Schelotto Midfielder (Right) D/WB/AM(R) Argentina I want 18. Matius Ezequiel Schelotto Midfielder (Right) D/WB/AM(R) Cesena

It used to be like that in previous versions but now I have to sift through the players history to find his club.

Also managers from clubs you have never played before saying that They are not your biggest fans and that they dont see eye to eye with you on many things or I get on really well with (you) even though you have never set foot in their country or ever heard of the Europa League qualifying round 1 team.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by 1882_Spurs View Post
    In the board meeting I get some suggestions of coaches that would be good to sign for my club and I offer them a contract. Then I get a new message saying that the board has cancelled the transfer as they don't feel that we need another coach...why the hell do you suggest people to me then???
    That is the backroom advice not the board meeting. As in it is your current staff that makes suggestions, not the board.

Quote Originally Posted by 1882_Spurs View Post
    I think it's a bit strange when the board accepts an offer for your star player and then criticizes you for letting that player go in the monthly reports...it's not like it was my choice to offload him!!
    It is the fans that are unhappy with the sale not the board. When you check 'confidence - transfers' it starts with "the fans feel..." or something like that, it has nothing to do with the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Schotsmannetje View Post

What annoys me is this:

I play the following formation: GK-DR-DCR-DCL-DL-DM-MCR-MCL-AMR-AML-STR

In the tactics screen before the game, during half time and after the game, the list of players is exactly in that sequence. However, during the game itself in TV-mode, the list of players in both de 'Assman feedback' window and the 'Team motivation' window the list is: GK-DR-DCR-DCL-MCR-DM-MCL-AML-STR-AMR. Very confusing. Is this a little bug in the game, or something of my own doing? I have posted this question elsewhere too.
    Try ticking 'sort team lists in tv view' in the preferences under display and sound.
    Last edited by Manden; 18-08-2012 at 18:55.

Third Team

offsides when it comes off the opposition player..... therfore you are not offside

and injures. its nothing to do with staff. its to do with tiredness.I had 2 players injured, next game another 2 get injured, then ahd to limp through a period of 2 games a week with tired/reserve players. and on of my other strikers going off injured EVERY GAME
    Last edited by scott MUFC; 19-08-2012 at 00:29.

Third Team

Regardless of how crappy a goalie may be overall, if he has reflexes of 15 or higher, he will save everything.

Part-Timer

I have three injuries in my squad at the moment. You might say: "Hey, I've seen worse!" And you'd be absolutely right! Only problem is, ALL three of them are DL's and all three of them are out for at least a month, one even 4 months! I say: Hello youth squad!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Schotsmannetje View Post
    I have three injuries in my squad at the moment. You might say: "Hey, I've seen worse!" And you'd be absolutely right! Only problem is, ALL three of them are DL's and all three of them are out for at least a month, one even 4 months! I say: Hello youth squad!
    With a few weeks of the season left, van Persie gets injured. No problem, I play 3 up front but I've got plenty of options. Then one week before the FA cup final (on the day I confirm the title), Chamakh - who, unlike real life, is a goal machine for me - picks up an injury that keeps him out for the rest of the season (cup final and two league games), as does my Spanish regen who's scored 58 goals in 37 games. Bit annoyed now but still got Walcott, Gervinho, Bendtner and Arshavin (who doesn't actually want to play for me anymore). 3 days before the cup final I've got Tottenham away. Well, I lost to them earlier in the season so there's no way I'm playing a weakened squad even though the cup final is in a few days. I play a youngster and rest Arshavin for the final. 5 minutes in Gervinho picks up a season-ending injury. FOUR strikers gone in the space of 3 weeks! It's as if the game code picks one position to do loads of injuries then moves on to the next one!

Anyway, I thought this thread was about small insignificant things that annoy you, such as the one about ref and player taking weeks to walk towards each other! Seems like it's just become a thread to moan about everything in the game (myself included)!

Youth Team

With a few weeks of the season left, van Persie gets injured. No problem, I play 3 up front but I've got plenty of options. Then one week before the FA cup final (on the day I confirm the title), Chamakh - who, unlike real life, is a goal machine for me - picks up an injury that keeps him out for the rest of the season (cup final and two league games), as does my Spanish regen who's scored 58 goals in 37 games. Bit annoyed now but still got Walcott, Gervinho, Bendtner and Arshavin (who doesn't actually want to play for me anymore). 3 days before the cup final I've got Tottenham away. Well, I lost to them earlier in the season so there's no way I'm playing a weakened squad even though the cup final is in a few days. I play a youngster and rest Arshavin for the final. 5 minutes in Gervinho picks up a season-ending injury. FOUR strikers gone in the space of 3 weeks! It's as if the game code picks one position to do loads of injuries then moves on to the next one!

Anyway, I thought this thread was about small insignificant things that annoy you, such as the one about ref and player taking weeks to walk towards each other! Seems like it's just become a thread to moan about everything in the game (myself included)!
    Yes "targeted" injury problems are still a small, insignificant, annoying thing and not a major problem because SI tells us that injuries are random and cannot be targeted. Perception bias and everything. I just conclude that since this is a computer game, nothing is random. Nothing SI tells me will convince me that poor form and all the amazingly Final Destinationesque bad luck things happening when you are in poor form are not event-based scripts.

So when I get a red card several matches in a row, all the players in one position becomes injured in short order, the opponent succeeds with amazing things like 30-yard long shots whenever they want/need to and the whole team morale drops below ground level for no reason, then I say "oh well - poor form sets in" and take it on the chin because that is just how it is. Squad building and some team talk measures usually alleviate some of the dire effects of Poor Form, until it ends and you can continue where you left off.

As for -real- "small and insignificant things", I'd say it is the lack of movie direction in the ME that annoys me the most, still. There is so much unnecessary walking in the sequences that could be just cut from the game entirely (including Full Match). Why visualize picking up the ball before throwing in or taking the corner? Once the ball leaves the field, cut!

Third Team

Players complaining of a 'lack of first team football' after being out half the season injured and has only returned to training to do light training

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Manden View Post

Try ticking 'sort team lists in tv view' in the preferences under display and sound.
    I find it mildly annoying that this is not done by default

Amateur

I don't want to read through everyone's but my main one's are youth players getting to big for their boots and not wanting to drop into league 2 etc and no option of buying a player but him staying there or going straight on loan for 6 months - 2 years.

Players not even wanting to discuss contracts with your team, in today's market agents would at least hear you out as they are a very unscrupulous bunch.

I hate agents asking for new contracts when some team has offered a really awful price for your star player!! DIE AGENTS DIE!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GIBURROWS View Post
    I don't want to read through everyone's but my main one's are youth players getting to big for their boots and not wanting to drop into league 2 etc and no option of buying a player but him staying there or going straight on loan for 6 months - 2 years.

Players not even wanting to discuss contracts with your team, in today's market agents would at least hear you out as they are a very unscrupulous bunch.

I hate agents asking for new contracts when some team has offered a really awful price for your star player!! DIE AGENTS DIE!
    Yes, they're VERY annoying. The worst thing is when you have a young starlet who isn't quite ready for the first team who refuses to go on loan to a feeder club in the division directly below yours. At least with the agents demanding contracts, if you're a club legend and you're rep's high enough, the player will eventually drop it. I do actually enjoy makin a player look like an absolute tit in press conferences when saying "So and so should know I don't accept demands"

One other annoying thing is money-motivated players. You really get to see who they are when you set low bonuses for the season. Their morale's difficult to keep above poor, and they're about as consistent as the British summer weather.

It really annoys me that when I switch tactics during a match the opposition instructions get wiped out. I didn't say "stop marking that guy" I just said change formation. In real life management that just wouldn't happen.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens2317 View Post
    One other annoying thing is money-motivated players. You really get to see who they are when you set low bonuses for the season. Their morale's difficult to keep above poor, and they're about as consistent as the British summer weather.
    You can see who they are when you set high bonuses as well when their info page says "is pleased his efforts will be rewarded with high bonuses". The money-grabbing scum!

Amateur

You can see who they are when you set high bonuses as well when their info page says "is pleased his efforts will be rewarded with high bonuses". The money-grabbing scum!
    I dunno, some players will be naturally pleased that they'll be getting high bonuses, but the same ones who are aren't always disappointed about the low collective bonus.

Amateur

Player wants to leave as he's not getting first team football, you say you'll find a club for him, you offer him to other clubs but no one is interested, and player complains that you didn't keep your promise and may take things further.
    This.

And my new favorite:

Player raises a concern because he's not happy with his contract. You talk to him and say "Fine, I'll offer you another contract within the month.", largely because the only other conversation options are different variations of "f**k off", and he is the current fans player of the year after all so you want to try and work with him.

He seems happy with what you said, his morale goes up, and you're on the hook for a promise.

Then you go click on him immediately afterwards to offer him a new contract and he says he doesn't want to negotiate.

And to cap that, being in the BSN, it's not like I can sell him to someone and get him off the team... I'm now stuck in a position where I'm going to have a key unhappy player.

The game is amazing overall, but I've gotten so disgusted with the way that manager promises work that I'm never going to promise a player anything other than first team playing time again. My experience is that I don't have control over whether or not I can keep any other kind of promise.
    Last edited by PG41; 22-08-2012 at 03:15.

Semi Pro

The complete random timing of stupid two-footed tackles.

Third Team

I currently have a player injured. he is complaining about lack of first team football to the media
    what?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by scott MUFC View Post
    I currently have a player injured. he is complaining about lack of first team football to the media
    what?
    Strange. I had a player demand first team football. I said he'd have to wait and it became an argument and he requested a transfer. I rejected and at the end of our chat he said "all you've done is make me even more determined to leave". His morale was abysmal and his general happiness said wants to leave. I tried to chat with him and he said no as our relationship had completely broken down.

Two days later he got injured in training that would keep him out for several months. Suddenly there was no trace of his unhappiness. His morale was okay, happiness was disappointed to be injured, but optimistic for the future. And when I tried a chat no sign of broken down relationships, so I just asked if he had any advice for potential signings and he was happy to respond! One long term injury and it's like nothing happened!

Amateur

The amount of times I forget to renew my staffs contracts and then just before the second season begins I realise I don't have any coaches and my players stats have lowered. Or if I am a big club I hate the massive amount of contract negotiations I have to go through to renew all 50,455,417 scout's contracts before they expire

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Manden View Post
    That is the backroom advice not the board meeting. As in it is your current staff that makes suggestions, not the board.

It is the fans that are unhappy with the sale not the board. When you check 'confidence - transfers' it starts with "the fans feel..." or something like that, it has nothing to do with the board.

You're correct about both my complaints so I'll just go to the corner and hang my head in shame

Also thanks for that hint about the sorting order!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mustardpower View Post
    The amount of times I forget to renew my staffs contracts and then just before the second season begins I realise I don't have any coaches and my players stats have lowered. Or if I am a big club I hate the massive amount of contract negotiations I have to go through to renew all 50,455,417 scout's contracts before they expire
    For this exact reason I try to 'stagger' coach contracts.

Amateur

When, most of times, a player is sent off and is unabled to play for 3 games instead of only one. And a player that simulated a foul in FM07 sees a red card instead of a yellow card. And, to make things worse, the player is unabled to play for... 3 games.

Third Team

moronic assman playing a player who had 20 minutes in a match the previous day.... resulting in a 5 month injury... thanks :P

I do wish my board would handle staff contracts tbh.
    when you have green wage budget yet board give you naff all allowance to offer a contract to a player who wants one

Amateur

Had a backroom advice meeting while I was playing last night.

Assistant manager 1st piece of advice: "Emmanuel Frimpong should be taken off the loan list as I believe he has a role to play in the first team".

Assistant manager 2nd piece of advice: "Emmanuel Frimpong's squad status should be changed from 'backup to the first team' to 'not needed by the club'".

Contradictory much??

Youth Team

Had a backroom advice meeting while I was playing last night.

Assistant manager 1st piece of advice: "Emmanuel Frimpong should be taken off the loan list as I believe he has a role to play in the first team".

Assistant manager 2nd piece of advice: "Emmanuel Frimpong's squad status should be changed from 'backup to the first team' to 'not needed by the club'".

Contradictory much??
    The backroom advice are mostly random.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BiggusD View Post
    The backroom advice are mostly random.
    I know, as are the assistant manager's comments when you send him to press conferences. He says things like a certain play will be rested due to tiredness even though the player's fitness is 96% and match fitness 100%.

I often get players reacting badly to recent manager comment due to the ass man's comments in press conferences.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast