Anyone else been sacked yet?

So here's the background, First save and i went with man utd (as always) and had a tough season. Knocked out of the league cup by chelsea, chucked out of the fa cup by man city and unluckily brushed aside in the champions league by barcelona. We hit our lowest point midway through the season when we where in 7th place in the league trailing the top six.

I managed to claw back some ground in the league and at this point the 'main' focus was a champions league spot, where i found myself just a few points off 4th spot. Last 3 games where Liverpool (hot on my heals) at anfield, Man city (Very strong but lacking of late, blew a clear lead in top spot) at Old Trafford and Arsenal (in third level on points with spurs) at the emirates.

Yes it doesn't look good, Liverpool came first at Anfield and after a good game we where fortunate to walk away from the pool with 3 points after a 4-0 win even though the game stats where pretty even. This put me level on points with spurs (above them by goal difference) and 3 points behind Arsenal. City Came to Old trafford with an all out attack approach and to be honest i dont know how we won but we did...5-1. That set the last game of the season up nicely against the old enemy.

Safe to say it was a nerve racking game in which we eventually lost 1-0. We had many chances as did they but i guess it wasn't meant to be. Spurs won also which left us in 5th place, leading the board to asking me to clear my desk.

End of the line? Not quite...PSG are going through a rough patch and their manager is in trouble. Maybe a switch to paris could be just what i need. (for the record i was offered the Everton job but decided to reject as i feel i want to try another league)

So my question is Have any of you been ousted from your position yet? are you close? Also if it does happen will you continue the save or start a fresh?

Thanks for reading, John

I got sacked with Bristol City about halfway through the first season, we were 16th in the Championship. We went on a shocking run and just got beat by Aldershot in the FA Cup so I didn't mind it.

Decided to start again with a journeyman save, my current post is in Norway with Jevnaker playing to crowds of 200. Much less presure!

Yup. Took over Vitesse... team predicted to finish 5th in the Eredivisie... lost 8 of my first 10 games... sacked in October. First time I've been sacked since FM09 I think.

Bizarrely, I'm finding this the most difficult FM I've played in years. I'm not sure what I'm doing so wrong compared to everyone complaining it's too easy!

Archived