Started Unemployed, how do I get a job?

Brand new player here and I've searched for this on the forums and tried to find it in the help but there isn't anything specific on which buttons to press or how to actually get a job. I've found the Jobs screen and selected the Job Center tab. I see a list of Vacancies but I can't figure out how to apply for one. I can select one but the only button I see, Place Advert, is grayed out and does nothing when I press it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I really can not figure this out and would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

thank you for your replies. I've checked the club page for one of the listed positions but I can't seem to find an Apply for Job button on the main page, squad page, staff page but I'm sure I'm just missing it. I'll also try the holiday trick as well. Thanks all for any info.

If you go to the job security page you will have a list of all the teams and managers and how secure their jobs are. All the available jobs should be at the top of this list. If you see a job you want to apply for you can just right click the team and on your popup list click on apply for job.

depending what you selected as "past experience" can also hinder your job search, or should i say getting hired, depending on what leagues you picked at the start, for example if you only picked the top leagues in Europe then there is less chance teams will take you on as a manager if you picked Sunday League player for experience and you might also find it harder to attract players at top clubs, the players already at those clubs will find it even harder to motivate themselves for you than normal etc.

at least thats how i believe it works.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

i'm using the default skin on fm2015. i started unemployed but am unable to apply for any jobs. i go to job centre and cant apply, go to job security and find the clickon drop down boxes saying something like 'declare interest in job' and 'apply for job' but both are greyed out.

i have tried playing on full screen and windowed in case it was an issue of a button missing due to being cropped by wondow size (long shot) and I have tried forwarding a week or waiting til matchday is over etc and applying at different times in the week in case some functions are disbled at certain points (i.e. if a game is on) but still nothing. always greyed out. its the same for all clubs, big teams or brazilian lower league teams so not a reputation thing.

what am i doing wrong? i cant believe its an oversight in the game, i must be being stupid somehow? (i would imagine such a huge bug would have been remedied months ago)

please advise

cheers

If you head into the Job Centre and then I open the filters and untick all jobs and just select manager and it'll show you the teams that are looking for managers like so.

bc931fd249f9f97548e3ec8fc821b553

You can right click the team and select "Apply for Job" or you can click the team to get more details and then select "Overview" and "Apply for job/View advert"

thanks, i'll check that out tonight when home and see if it works. im pretty sure i have tried that but i may be wrong

I've managed to find available jobs its just teh fact the buttons to apply for the jobs are greyed which is the problem. i'll give your advice a go. tks

advice above didnt work, had already tried

updated database (with summer transfers etc) - downloaded from sigames i think

default skin.

tried refreshing / deleting cache in preferences, and reloading skin. also tried going into overview on club page as suggested. - no option to apply

as you can see, there's a lot of jobs going but all the options to apply or declare interest are greyed out. very peculiar

screenshot - apologies, taken as a photo as was easier than using paint etc

any ideas? im stuck unable to apply for anything

fcjo8o.jpg

it says i have 15.3.2 627042 (m.e v1555)

it was the 'sortitoutsi.net live data update.zip'

apologies if not allowed to mention on here

reputable update any road. been downloaded tens of thousands of times for summer transfers

so im not doing anything wrong and its likely a corrupt database thats ruining it? (bizarre it should have that effect)

if i download a different skin may it help? cant believe such a fundamental oversight hasnt been reported/ fixed

If you're using the default skin, it shouldn't be the skin. You could make absolute sure and verify the integrity of the cache files in steam as that'll fix any corrupt default files.

I'm still thinking that it's related to the database you downloaded though. Might be worth seeing if others had the issue or re-downloading the database.

I'll ask the obvious as I don't think its been mentioned - What leagues have you got loaded as playable?

EDIT

I would also add that the Lazio "Apply for job" in your photo doesn't particularly look greyed out but then it might just be the photo.

I'll ask the obvious as I don't think its been mentioned - What leagues have you got loaded as playable?

EDIT

I would also add that the Lazio "Apply for job" in your photo doesn't particularly look greyed out but then it might just be the photo.

most major leagues in europe. obviously im only applying for jobs in playable leagues :)

bad photo - def greyed. cursor stays as pointer rather than the hand

i'll try with another database and report back. odd that a database should preclude me from applying for a job though?

Wouldn't rule it out, since it might be corrupted data. Use the default database to check.

• 4 weeks later...

worked it out. there was a tickable box hidden deep in a menu somewhere which said only to manage international teams. god knows why someone would want that but there you go. unticked it and jobs appear. hooray!

must say i don't like the skins, menu setups these days. labyrinthine and exceptionally counter-intuitive. awkward even to view a different league.

que sera

• 2 years later...

Archived