• SI Staff

To be honest I don't know off-hand, its not something which we have to specify ourselves.

Because of this I'd expect the answer to be 'along the lines of that required by any other game released today' (because I presume Sony does the same for all new games) .....

I will try and find out specifics for you in the next few days.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to up an old thread, but I just came on here to ask this question.

Thats me out of buying FM I'm afraid, I know its probably out of SI's hands - but im a happy 1.5 user and the features of homebrew mean I wont be upgrading.

Snes / Megadrive > FM Handheld.

I would have loved to have bought the game, but I dont want to lose features like homebrew, emu's and video players like PMPMod that let me stream video to my PSP from my PC.

icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff

So you are ruling yourself out of any future PSP games (as the requirements will always be incrasing) to run some crappy emulation. Amazing that some people take this attitude imo

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdL:

So you are ruling yourself out of any future PSP games (as the requirements will always be incrasing) to run some crappy emulation. Amazing that some people take this attitude imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'tis Woodseys decision, at some point in the future he might change his mind, then again perhaps not - 'tis entirely his right imho.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdL:

So you are ruling yourself out of any future PSP games (as the requirements will always be incrasing) to run some crappy emulation. Amazing that some people take this attitude imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'tis Woodseys decision, at some point in the future he might change his mind, then again perhaps not - 'tis entirely his right imho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, but I can't understand buying a £200+ PSP to use for that

EDL - I bought my PSP as an iPod, Archos and portable games machine.

I dont just use it for games, I use it to play movies, listen to music, store pictures etc.

I'd rather have the ability to stream movies, listen to the radio over wi-fi etc ASWELL as play games.

At the moment, in my opinion, these features are more of a benefit to me than just the ability to play FM..after all, I have it on my laptop and *probably* on my 360.

Its just a shame that Sony have to force these updates to stop the minority that use it for playing ISO's of games they dont own.

• SI Staff

Fair enough, but I'm not really making a case for just FM - any new game you are not going to able to play, for me the main reasoon for the psp is the games.

I have seperate devices for each, have a couple of mp3s on the psp but not many, prefer to use my Zen

• SI Staff

I like the idea of the homebew games and other 'perks' that come with 1.5 but I personally upgrade when ever possible as it means I can play the latest games and use the latest features of the PSP.

Archived