Injuries, Injuries and more Injuries - AI crippling my players

First game, three injuries, forced substitutions, ended up playing with 8 men due to injuries occurring after making subs.

Second game three injuries three forced subs.

I've also had 3 injuries during 2 pre season games, forced subs as well.

All injuries between 2-3 months!!

Couple of players come back from injury, guess what two are injured for a couple of months in a reserve match a few days later later.

It's not my training as it's only set to medium, I also rest my players regularly and I don't have any players set to hard tackling.

I've averaged 8-9 first team players all out injured at one given time and their all out for around 2-3 months. Currently 7.

I think this has to be the unluckiest save I've ever done. It's costing me big time in the league.

I think the amount of injuries is normal - as such you are just unlucky. It is important being careful matching players who are not match fit or have low condition.

The problem is that most injuries are so damn long! I am barely seeing players being out for a few weeks only. It is normally 2-5 months and serious ones like broken bones and such.

In addition, the decline the long-term injured players experience is so extreme that they are basically career-enders.

I hope that more people observe this, so that SI can determine if it is intended or not. Right now it seems a bit unbalanced to me.

Yeah I'm just putting it down to being unlucky. I'm refusing to quit and start a new game as these things can happen once in a blue moon in real life.

Oh and to add to my woes, the striker that just got injured is out for 7 months! There goes my top goalscorer.

It wont be long till I get the sack I reckon, squad's down to the bare bones and can only name 4 out of 7 on the bench.

@ ToffeeViola I don't think the fitness coach has much to do with it, as 90% of my injuries are occurring in game, usually from collisions with the opposition.

I have the same problem atm in nearly all my save games I have started.

My Dortmund team has been hit extremely hard with constantly having 5-6 first team players injured, as soon as some come back the opposition will make sure to hospitalize a few again.

It's also funny that opponents can commit 20+ fouls without even getting one yellow card. Götze has been hit extremely hard getting fouled out in the second game of the season for 5 weeks and now getting again sidelined for another 3-4 months.

So I think either opponents who play such an aggressive defense need to get more red and yellow cards or the injuries should occur less frequently.

injuries32games.jpg

14 Long term injuries in 32 games seams like a bit much doesn't it?

Those are only the forced subs not to count all the green injuries (knocks) that usually caused the player to be out for a few days.

Noticed it also. Fair enough I'm playing in Blue Square North so fitness levels aren't great and tackling can be poor, but I seem to be averaging an injury a game and they always seem to be out for at least a couple of weeks. Similarly to the OP, I had one game with 3 forced substitutions and I ended up with 9 men due to more injuries at the end of the game!

Lots of broken legs and ankles in my game. Playing as Malaga and after one season Xavi Has retired due to a leg break. Messi also missed the first half of the season due to leg break and my boy Cazorla got his snapped in half too. Checked injury tables in other leagues loaded and there is a suspicious amount of one legged people hobbling about!

While the amount of injuries seems normal to me there are a lot of broken legs and ankles, a lot more than i think would be normal in reality.

My current season is almost finished and i've had one broken ankle and one broken leg, and in each of the last 4 seasons i've had one of each at least as well, except in season 2 where i only had a broken ankle.

I agree there is an over the top amount of injuries in the game at the moment.

Also what narks me is the yellow cards... I honestly think on average I get at least 5 yellow cards per game sometimes more...

i've changed captains and tactics to make them tackle softly and still the same.... so the buildup of yellow cards takes out players all the time

Yeah I usually just go with it but its been too obvious for me lately. 3 games ago I had 3 players inj. in the same match and all were out for a month or more. I record at one point was having 8 players inj. at once.

My record is 5 injuries in 3 games in a row. beat that.

Just to put some weight into the discussion about the amount of in-game injuries (for both teams) - in my current game the amount in the last 20 games is 23. These are all injuries where players have had to come off. I could go back further but I can't be arsed counting because it should be enough to indicate an issue somewhere. However realistic the injury lists in the game may seem to developers, I challenge anyone to direct me to real life statistics showing 23 players being stretchered off over 20 consecutive games involving one team.

I'm willing to upload the save game if anyone from SI is interested in taking a look.

SI have said a number of times, injury amounts are not a bug/issue!

They check statistics over time, and tweak it to be close to real life. However, have they checked if that percentage is achieved by life-like situations? In my experience, the number of injuries happening in some single matches is so extreme that my first thought is "bug" not "bad luck". I mean, I have seen matches where close to half of the players on the pitch have had either red cross, white cross or knock injuries. I have also had long periods of injury-free bliss. Does injuries normally come in bundles?

Another, slightly related issue is the high amount of injuries and cards in the first 5-10 minutes of played matches.

These are observations of mine; I haven't gone through thousands of matches to figure this out.

My Dortmund team has been hit extremely hard with constantly having 5-6 first team players injured, as soon as some come back the opposition will make sure to hospitalize a few again.
Oddly enough it might be a thing exclusive to Dortmund. I am three games into my preseason with Bayern (Got the game 3 days ago and I'm a slow and OCD-ish player), and had three injuries, one month-long, one week-long and one match-long. Never had injuries hit me so early in the preseason in FM11, so I thought it was weird (although not catastrophic). Happen to check on some other teams - Hertha has just one player injured, and Dortmund has 1/3rd of the squad out due to injury. A month into the game.

Archived