FM12 Holiday Project 1: England, 200+ Years Already Done

Just like in FM2011, I will be doing a number of holiday saves this version to see how drastically things change in the future and to see if I can beat my previous marks. I was going to wait before posting information on my first game, but I got pre-empted by another user today, so I am showing one picture. I will be doing a more full update later:

prem2226.jpg

It looks like the AI was first in completing dafuge's challenge this year.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The top teams have been pretty tough to break up, although Chelsea did get themselves relegated.

International competitions seem to be a bit more chaotic in this game.

Arena seems to be the preferred title for new stadiums, with Chelsea naming theirs after Torres, Arsenal after Wilshere, and Liverpool after Gerrard.

The top teams have been pretty tough to break up, although Chelsea did get themselves relegated.

International competitions seem to be a bit more chaotic in this game.

Arena seems to be the preferred title for new stadiums, with Chelsea naming theirs after Torres, Arsenal after Wilshere, and Liverpool after Gerrard.

Oh dear..... :D

Hendon in Blue Square South, value of 12k.

Semi-Professional club in my game 2nd season 2012/2013

Season ticket holders = 15.

Has the OP increased their reputation & finances because this seems unlikely despite it being 200 years in the future

That's fairly ridiculous. If you look back over the history of the real 1st Division/EPL it isn't remotely that stagnant.

Thankfully in real-life reputation doesn't have such a sledgehammer effect and results actually vary. Which is why watching Football is a national obsession and watching FM isn't :)

My only question is can you check to see if Hendons Min/Max/Ave attendance are still at BSP levels please. It's one of the things that never updates in older versions and I'm hoping it's been fixed.

Has the OP increased their reputation & finances because this seems unlikely despite it being 200 years in the future

It can happen on FM11 I holidayed to 2121 and Bromley were a top 6 EPL side and they had been in the EPL for 50 seasons.

Yeah, I think it's awesome when it happens to be honest, I love fairytale footballing stories like that, of teams climbing the leagues. And what's to say what football will be like in 100 or 200 years? maybe there wont even be an english league anymore, and if there is, it might have say Norwich being the new barcelona, and Stockport having taken the place of Manchester United/City amongst the top teams.

It can happen on FM11 I holidayed to 2121 and Bromley were a top 6 EPL side and they had been in the EPL for 50 seasons.

Why does this happen? Is it because most of the non-league clubs' with have 0 for all chairman attributes and therefore one or two will win the lottery of throwing up a sugar daddy?

Why does this happen? Is it because most of the non-league clubs' with have 0 for all chairman attributes and therefore one or two will win the lottery of throwing up a sugar daddy?

Why is it so hard to believe that a lower division/non league club can win EPL within 200 years?

Every holiday game I have run has had plenty of changes creeping in within 100 years. Teams can make the jump all the way up the pyramid even without too much help.

There is a reason the thread is titled Holiday Project 1 as this is the first of many holiday games that I plan on running over the course of the year. An Asian country will definitely be one, although it will probably be one of the smaller ones like Singapore.

Here are some screenshots from the year 2300:

2300wc1.jpg

2300wc2.jpg

2300euro1.jpg

2300euro2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thats interesting to see the major clubs (aside from Chelsea it seems) stay EPL title contenders through the game.

AV, Wolves, Blackburn, Wigan, Birmingham seem to go off the radar and then pop a head back up (AV is the main one i noticed go to the BSP then baack to the EPL). Strange...

A fascinating little experience! I used to do this with the old school CM games (not to this level though).

Good work.

In all honesty, SI's guess is as good as ours with regards to what might happen in world football 400 years on, and the results don't seem ridiculous by any means

Thats interesting to see the major clubs (aside from Chelsea it seems) stay EPL title contenders through the game.

AV, Wolves, Blackburn, Wigan, Birmingham seem to go off the radar and then pop a head back up (AV is the main one i noticed go to the BSP then baack to the EPL). Strange...

Its not really a surprise despite what others have said earlier in the thread.

In real life the gulf between rich & poor clubs has been getting larger recently and its only going to continue unless we see major changes within the game.

This is absolutely fascinating. I'm sure SI would appreciate a copy of your save game too :p

A bit of a shame to see so many of the same hosts, but still. Great work!

Any chance of you doing this with every league in the world turned on to full detail? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

There will other holiday projects in the future that have more and different leagues loaded. That is why the title of this thread is Holiday Project 1!

The Big Flop Arena sounds like a great name. Chelsea finally moved out of it in the 2500s though.

Here is the 2600 update with a couple of bonus screenshots showing the craziness that can happen due to the new feature that simulates all available leagues:

2600wc.jpg

2600euro.jpg

2600compet.jpg

2600natcoeff.jpg

#

Well, it is 200 years so yes that is perfectly plausible. Look how much football has changed in 10 years let alone 200.

Archived