+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Part-time contracts -> Full-time contracts

Amateur

Default Part-time contracts -> Full-time contracts

How do I go about making my club full-time? It used to be that you could right away offer them full-time terms as long as you could fit them into your wage budget. No more. Are semi-pro teams permanently semi-pro now?

Part-Timer

It seems so, you can no longer offer full-time contracts when you are managing a semi-professional team.

You'll just have to wait until your board decides to turn professional.

Amateur

When does that happen though? What's the threshhold? Is it reputation (team or division)? Income?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jaradthescot View Post
    When does that happen though? What's the threshhold? Is it reputation (team or division)? Income?
    To all of those, yes. And as I have understood you do not need to go full pro in order to offer full contracts, but it depends on the league, your finances and your rep.

Amateur

From these cryptic answers I can simplify to real truth to be "you can offer full-time contracts when you can offer full-time contracts" and nothing more. I guess I'll just hope I'm close to that threshold then

Part-Timer

Where are you managing?

It just depends from league to league, on Scotland you normally only change to professional on the Premier League, on Portugal the two first tiers are professional,etc.

+ Reply to Thread