Error = " The game currently unavailable. Please try again at another time ".

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to play now :mad:

I just play yesterday, it's all ok, why cannot play now :mad:

An update has been released, so it's possible Steam is trying to apply this update to your game automatically. If you leave Steam running for a few minutes, without trying to launch it, it should solve the problem for you. Please check to see if it's downloading in your Steam game library.

An update has been released, so it's possible Steam is trying to apply this update to your game automatically. If you leave Steam running for a few minutes, without trying to launch it, it should solve the problem for you. Please check to see if it's downloading in your Steam game library.

mine is unavailable.. checked and nothing is downloading :S

I am getting the exact same error message as dr eskenen un un! Have shut steam down and tryed to load football manager again but get the same error message! See this is why people dont want to use steam! I have paid for the game (£29.99) and want to play it now. I dont get alot of time off to actually play the game so would like this problem sorted NOW! Put simply you are taking the p"£s!!

• Administrators

If you're 100% certain the game has finished downloading the update, restart Steam and try loading the game. If this still has not worked I'd suggest verifying your cache as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

However do not do this if the game is currently in the middle of updating.

Put simply for you Neil, i am not a computer person! I don't want to have to faff around following your instructions before i can play a game that i have already purchased! I simply want to buy the game and guess what....... PLAY it! If i try your suggestions and it causes any problems to my game i expect a FULL REFUND. This is simply unacceptable Neil.

• Administrators

Verifying the cache is a very simple process marcysaint, just follow the instructions here if you're certain your game has finished updating - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

same message, i verify the game files and find 9 files to be missing....Run once the game, crash dump !!!!!!

run the game again, steam crash !!!!!!

reboot my pc, run steam, FM12 crash dmp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have 2 hours this morning to make a match, and I cannot play..............................

Why Steam ???????? I doesn't avoid to be cracked cause the cracker man are better than any protection that can exist on Earth........So next time, release with no protection please....it's a waste of time for us and money for you.

people who want to buy the game, will buy it, people who want to play free, will crack it....that it's computer science, you cannot fight it.

Some people on here are unreal, maybe SI shouldnt release updates then i mean all you guys do is moan when they do, but moan when they dont as there are bugs in the game.

Clear ya Cache its not hard, it wont break ya computer, infact if ya never done it, it might speed it up.

Im playing the game now with no issues at all i waited for the update to install, i actually didnt know it was installing but i got a message in the bottom right of my screen saying football manager 2012 has downloaded, then i just clicked on the game and it worked

Its great that it works fine for you Sean, but obviously alot of other people are having problems. I have been playing FM since the CM days on the Amiga, so i am a very loyal customer to the game and will continue to be. But what i dont expect is to buy a game and then a week later not be able to play it because of third party issues!!! So get back in your box and go comment on another thread!

Bye bye Sean

Getting the same message as everyone else after an hour of trying to fix. Currently restoring the game.

Good job I've got a decent understanding of computers and know where this form is, otherwise I'd give up on the game. As it is I'm merely fuming that my only window of gaming this week has been spent trying to fix a game that was working perfectly fine at the weekend. Cheers!

Neil do you think this is acceptable for customers to have todo once they have purchased the game? I now have to go out so am unable to try again and play FM. I get very little time to play the game anyway due to work and girlfriend commitments, so when i get a spare few hours like today i jump around the house for joy in anticipation to play FM. Now i cant........ acceptable??

Thanks for the 'verify the cache' advice, I did this twice and after each one an update downloaded but when I've come to start a new game it still says version 12.0.0 with a default database. Should this have changed to 12.0.3?

Want to make sure I'm totally up to date before starting a new game. Cheers.

Thanks for the 'verify the cache' advice, I did this twice and after each one an update downloaded but when I've come to start a new game it still says version 12.0.0 with a default database. Should this have changed to 12.0.3?

Want to make sure I'm totally up to date before starting a new game. Cheers.

go to preferences should say 2.0.3 at the top in red, as its not a database patch

• Administrators
Neil do you think this is acceptable for customers to have todo once they have purchased the game? I now have to go out so am unable to try again and play FM. I get very little time to play the game anyway due to work and girlfriend commitments, so when i get a spare few hours like today i jump around the house for joy in anticipation to play FM. Now i cant........ acceptable??

I'd agree that it's unfortunate that you've encountered these problems (did you verify again) but it's less hassle than downloading a patch from an external site could be. Sorry you've come across issues when attempting to update.

Is there anyway you can just download this game from the disk onto the computer. I have followed the instructions that Neil has giving us, but as the game loads it crashes at the start up screen and is just a black screen. One other thing, since using stream I have been getting spam emails, the reason i know is becuase when playing the Demo, i played the game as "Last Name". Since then i have been gettin spam emails. sort it out si

• Administrators
Is there anyway you can just download this game from the disk onto the computer. I have followed the instructions that Neil has giving us, but as the game loads it crashes at the start up screen and is just a black screen. One other thing, since using stream I have been getting spam emails, the reason i know is becuase when playing the Demo, i played the game as "Last Name". Since then i have been gettin spam emails. sort it out si

Where are you getting spam mails from?

• Administrators
I'm getting all the same issues now. Tried verifying multiple times to no avail, didn't get any notification about a patch or sorts when I loaded steam this morning, nothing downloading but can't run FM

Have you tried exiting Steam and going back in and verifying?

I got he same problem waited for a bit, got the message that steam had downloaded something, tried to start the game and now I'm getting a serious error has occured everytime I try to start the game.

Next week - how to construct a neural network with the intelligence levels of a 10 year old child ... in 3 easy steps!!!

Seriously guys .. bin steam .. it causes more problems then it cures ..

What about the 1000s of people who don't visit the FM forums and are now left with, in their mind, a broken game and not a clue how to fix it?

Next week - how to construct a neural network with the intelligence levels of a 10 year old child ... in 3 easy steps!!!

Seriously guys .. bin steam .. it causes more problems then it cures ..

What about the 1000s of people who don't visit the FM forums and are now left with, in their mind, a broken game and not a clue how to fix it?

They will be smart enough to go to steam/fm forums if in need

Archived