Can't run the game post Steam/FM Update

Unable to play MY Football Manageer 12, keep getting "this game is not available please try again another time". Another time, patronising @@@@@! This is my game, who are they to say when I can play it. F11 works fine.........

• Administrators

Is your version currently updating? A new patch was just released. I suggest making sure that's not still downloading and if it has stopped, shut Steam down and relaunch it. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

I'm up fresh and ready for a busy day with FM only to be greeted with the game is currently unavailable please try later at another time! What what what what! So I've tried restarting steam, restarting my laptop and seam offline and online...what next??

The laptop has worked fine with the game since last Friday.

• Administrators

Okay can you try closing down Steam and relaunching? If that doesn't work I'd suggest reading this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184717&viewfull=1#post7184717

Again let me know how you get on, thanks.

Completely exit from the Steam client.

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).

Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

This this did not work for me, currently reinstalling

I had this.

Kept trying to start game and getting the not available message.

Messing around with client registery did nothing.

I did this

Verify Game Cache:

1.Load Steam

2.From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3.Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ button.

4.Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

5.Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

and it seemed to kick start the update to download but now getting a serious error message when i launch??

Think i may have deleted something important when I was messing around with client registry so having to do a full re-install.

'KIN STEAM!!

I had this.

Kept trying to start game and getting the not available message.

Messing around with client registery did nothing.

I did this

Verify Game Cache:

1.Load Steam

2.From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3.Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ button.

and it seemed to kick start the update to download but now getting a serious error message when i launch??

Think i may have deleted something important when I was messing around with client registry so having to do a full re-install.

'KIN STEAM!!

I did this and got this. The FM.exe is still in the correct folder.

Followed the steps and it did the update platform thing, but still coming up with "Currently unavailable. Try again later." Absolutely ridiculous. So now I have to uninstall and reinstall? And I'm going to have to do this everytime there's an update?

My word.

Edit: Managed to get the update downloading, shall see if it launches afterwards :thup:

Verifying game cache seems to have worked, but just got a serious error. Going to close and restart steam.

• Administrators

Just to clarify, when you first launched Steam today it was downloading a patch. This patch would have been roughly 40mb. This patch will have needed to download before you'd be able to run the game. I'd very much make certain that this patch has downloaded before launching the game else you're likely to get error messages. Once finished, if you can't load it should simply be a case of restarting the Steam platform after a couple of minutes.

If you're still having issues get back to us, but please do try this first of all. Thanks.

I tried the verify thing and it came up with 3 files failed to validate and need reacquired

Tried to load the game and it is working. Wondering though if the above message is anything to worry about?

With the reacquiring thing it should automatically start downloading them. i.e. the patches/updates.

Verify Game Cache:

1.Load Steam

+

This worked for me!!

Cheers

Got the same issue,

Went down the "varify cache" route. Ended with a "crash dump" But the game loaded threw the crash dump, so still playable but gonna annoy the hell out of me everytime i load the game up, with crash dump, untill i do a Complete re-instal /o\

Latest patch has been applied via "verify integrity of game cache", steam would not update the game by itself. Once "verify integrity of game cache" had been completed, and steam had applied the 44.2mb update, the game will no longer start, as a serious error crash dump is created.

UPDATE EDIT: I verified the game cache again, and a new 60mb download started, all seems fine now. If you are having probs, verify the game cache twice.

You put your game access in the hands of a third party, and now you can't control your access to the game.

I'm sorry, but what about this is unexpected?

Verify integrity of game cache twice. It's that simple.

I use steam for all my games pretty much, and it very rarely has any problems. Something has happened here, wether it's an error from steam or SI, who's to say?

No Neil Brock, there is a problem somewhere with steam not applying the patch, and the patch being unable to be downloaded automatically. One verify integrity of game cache dl's a 40mb which makes the game crash, a 2nd verify dl's a 60mb update which makes the game playable.

Something is happening, that is making steam spasm. Like I said, I use steam for pretty much all my games, no problems, this is not "to be expected" and you lot at SI have done something...

Archived