Sacked but doing ok???

KOP

I was managing Liverpool 1st season when i was sacked for no apparant reason????

P18 W9 D5 L4 FOR 35 AG 27

4th in league , Semi's of League Cup

Won 7 of last 12 games , Drew 3 , Lost 2

How can this be???? :mad:

a few people have said this, top 2 is a must. they should fix this in a patch to top 4

Its realistic, any manager following King Kenny is doomed

Not really, they didn't expect Hodgeson to win the league and same with Kenny this season, in future challenge yes but not straight away.

It's the same with City last season in real life no one expected them to win the league but CL place definitely and FM had that correct in the previous version.

Even the media prediction puts them as outsiders...

Yup, just happened to me. 5th in the league and well within touching distance of at least 3rd place and I got the sack at Liverpool.

Having one of those runs where it seems the game decides that your forwards just aren't going to score any more didn't really help.

I think it's due to Liverpools rep and so the lowest possible expectation is title challenge.

Would be interesting to see what happened if there was a really rare season with 1st to 4th split by just 3 points or less, if Liverpool were the team in 4th would the manager still get sacked?

The only consideration taken by the board seems to be actual position. In my last season the entire league was incredibly tight, with only 5 points or so between the top 10 teams, one win could shoot you up 5 or 6 places, one defeat drop you the same. A number of managers got the sack, despite being in with a real shout of promotion, on one occasion the manager's team was only 2 points off a promotion spot. It really seems to be an issue with the game.

Archived