The Mullin Corner Routine - Very Successful

Hi,

I am currently playing with Blackburn and I have struck gold with a corner Routine.

Samba ended the season with 25 goals & 10 own goals were scored by the opposition as a result of samba causing problems.

My SC also scored 5-10 goals from this routine

I play the formation below but you can adjust accordingly depending on formation.

Aim corner at the near post from both right and left.

Corner taker. Must be a left footer from the right & a right footer from the left.

Orders

DL - Stay Back

DR - Stay Back

DRC - Attack Near Post (samba)

DLC - Attack Far post

DMC - Back if needed

MRC - Stand on far

MLC - Attack Ball from deep

AML - Lurk (these are my two corner takers)

AMR - Lurk (these are my two corner takers)

SC - Challenge GK (strong targetman type will get a few goals from here)

Think I have covered everything if you have any questions feedback let me know.

It can be improved further by switching to the same corner routine that was the bug last year. S. Taylor has 19 in 22!!! for me at the moment.

Same as yours in terms of delivery but put full backs+dmc to stay back, best header to attack near post (S.Taylor for NUFC) and ALL other players to Lurk. It's a definite exploit of the match engine and highly unrealistic. Not sure why it hasn't been fixed since SI knew it was such a big bug in 2011

It can be improved further by switching to the same corner routine that was the bug last year. S. Taylor has 19 in 22!!! for me at the moment.

Same as yours in terms of delivery but put full backs+dmc to stay back, best header to attack near post (S.Taylor for NUFC) and ALL other players to Lurk. It's a definite exploit of the match engine and highly unrealistic. Not sure why it hasn't been fixed since SI knew it was such a big bug in 2011

not sure how your managing to set most of your players to lurk because on FM12 you can only set ONE player to do one task.

Quite easily - on the tactics screen, select set pieces. Then where it has the drop down 'set piece attributes blue button' next to 'players' at the top left of screen, change this to 'Attacking Corners' then you can position your players where you like, including multiple players performing the same role if you wish

wow, this maybe worth a try. Don't usually like explointing bugs but may try this for a couple of games, see how many Samba can bag, i can imagine it being really useful playing against bigger clubs were your only hope of scoring is set pieces.

Looks more like a user interface exploit.

Using the standard corner options via the set piece editor, you cannot assign two players to one instruction, though via the more advanced settings, you can.

infact, if you pick more then one player for say "lurking", only one of them will still preform the assigned task, the other once will act as if they have "forward" instructions

infact, if you pick more then one player for say "lurking", only one of them will still preform the assigned task, the other once will act as if they have "forward" instructions

Yes, I've had a look at selecting multiple players for one instruction (which was the "bug" in earlier versions of FM) and noticed the same thing. Only one player will assume the "lurking" instruction, whilst the rest are simply "forward".

Purely an interface glitch so far as I can see and having looked at a few other things, I don't see any corner "bug" that can be exploited here. :)

Nice try folks... but no cigar. ;)

When it comes to corners.....lets keep things on mixed.

Unless you are JEF United Chiba and you have a 6'8.5" striker. They also have a 6'5" midfielder. But that in itself is sort of a cheat lol.

Yes, I've had a look at selecting multiple players for one instruction (which was the "bug" in earlier versions of FM) and noticed the same thing. Only one player will assume the "lurking" instruction, whilst the rest are simply "forward".

Purely an interface glitch so far as I can see and having looked at a few other things, I don't see any corner "bug" that can be exploited here. :)

Nice try folks... but no cigar. ;)

Hi this corner routine is not meant to be one that is looking for a bug or to exploit something the reason there are 2 players on lurk is that they are the 2 corners takers one from the right and one from the left.

Hope this helps.

Its obviously an exploit. Find me some real life examples of central defenders scoring 25 goals in a season from corners. If you're happy playing the game this way then go for it but for me it's hollow and an unrealistic way of winning.

Hi this corner routine is not meant to be one that is looking for a bug or to exploit something the reason there are 2 players on lurk is that they are the 2 corners takers one from the right and one from the left.

Hope this helps.

Here's the thing mate. No one goes out trying to exploit the game (well, at least the majority of us). We try new things and sometimes we find something that is effective....maybe too effective. I mean, thats how we find exploits in the first place.

yeah this si the better i would say - hobbs scored 19 goals for me in the 1st season, 1st season in the prem with hull and he's already scored 10 goals in 16 games!!

Its obviously an exploit. Find me some real life examples of central defenders scoring 25 goals in a season from corners. If you're happy playing the game this way then go for it but for me it's hollow and an unrealistic way of winning.

I agree. I hate seeing defenders with 20+ goals. However I do look for tall forwards to exploit the set pieces. I love 6'9" strikers with jumping and heading of 20 :)

If I try to put everyone on lurk it changes the previous lurk player to default is that correct?

I think so! as I mention in the opening post i do not do this.

I give the orders that are in the opening post.

the reason there are two players on lurk is that they are my 2 corner takers one from the right and the other from the left.

See my orders listed below.

Aim corner at the near post from both right and left.

Corner taker. Must be a left footer from the right & a right footer from the left.

Orders

DL - Stay Back

DR - Stay Back

DRC - Attack Near Post (samba)

DLC - Attack Far post

DMC - Back if needed

MRC - Stand on far

MLC - Attack Ball from deep

AML - Lurk (these are my two corner takers)

AMR - Lurk (these are my two corner takers)

SC - Challenge GK (strong targetman type will get a few goals from here)

Yea but copying yours does what i mentioned above. In the creator you cant put both on the same thing so you must do it in the player instructions section if you then put on on to lurk then choose someone else to do the same thing the previous guy then changes to default.

Can you check and see if this is how yours is set up.

Yeah will do I wont be able to till later.

But i did not use the creator only the player instructions.

Im pretty certain that I have one winger lurking outside the box when I take a corner from each side.

I know if I say set my mc to be the corner taker then one of my wingers will default to "forward" and the other winger will will be on "lurk"

Go to squad screen, then tactics, set pieces. Now just below that is a drop down with an eye icon, select set pices from that and now you should have the squad list with all their roles assigned. You are free to change them to whatever you like.

the 2-3 players that lurk are essential for this to work so that the defender attacking near post has space. an improvement is if you keep a good crosser/passer as short option - when the defender doesn't have a clear chance at goal he simply heads the ball to the short option who crosses/passes it right back in the box.

After much more playing around in this area I have to say it is a combination of how good your player is at taking corners and the receiving player at scoring them.

I like to have someone stand on the post and challenge the keeper so that they can snap up any loose shots my biggest and badest header has. If my best corner taker is out I dont score as much.

For Example I am managing rangers I had Gre Wylde taking my corners defender only had around 10 goals in the season nearign the end of the season then Rivaldo came back from injury played celtic 3 corners from Rivaldo and 3 goals for Goian.

i beg to differ, if u put the corner taker to aim at far post and ur best heading player to attack far post it would yield similar results :)

If you look at what I said... "any tactic that has aim corners to near post one player attacking the near post..."

If you get a one on one situation, be it at the near post or far post, and you have Christopher Samba, he can easily score 20+ goals for you a season. And until Samba starts scoring like a world class striker, I don't want it to happen in the game.

I can't be bothered to see if I've said it already in this thread but I'll say it now; leave your corner kick distribution on mixed. You'll get the most realistic results that way.

I actually don't think what is described is really an exploit - in fairness it sounds like a fairly standard way to issue corner instructions. I'd say it's more a match engine problem where defenders don't defend corners very well.

I'd be interested to hear other opinions, but I have matches where I dominate stats, but then lose a goal at a corner. Some things I've seen in the player set to a post coming off the post to try to pick up someone that has got free - then my defender doesn't get to it, and the attacker has an easy header in.

Archived