AI Squad management Info Request

Hi,

not sure wether to buy this release, I'm bored of winning everything with little or no effort due to the AI's inability to manage its squads - people who have played long games (5+ seasons) will know what i mean.

Therefore could people who get deep into a game let us know if there have been any meaningful improvements?

thanks

He's perfectly clear, and I'm wondering the same thing. Does the AI in fm12 still fail to replace aging players, do they still buy too many players for certain position, do they still buy too many foreign players when there's a limit in place? things like that. I'm curious myself, has anyone already done 5+ seasons and can tell us?

Based on the amount of transfers I have seen clubs do so far, it doesn't look good. However, I am in my first season still, so it could be a first-season thing.

In order to avoid the rot, AI clubs will have to replace the vast majority of their squads every 5 years or so. This means that every transfer window they need to sign five new players that are stronger than what they have in the respective positions (or can be so in the future). And they need to sell five players as well, to free up money, the wage budget and space.

The disinterest in my players (which would be good players for most L2 or lower clubs) indicates that this is unlikely to happen in FM12 as well.

I would really be pleased if I am wrong!

Wondering the same as well - I am two seasons into a game and have built a squad with considerable amount of quality youngster, yet apart from the high reputation players none of them raises any interest. This indicates that AI still looks for player reputation rather than quality or possible quality.

In order to avoid the rot, AI clubs will have to replace the vast majority of their squads every 5 years or so. This means that every transfer window they need to sign five new players that are stronger than what they have in the respective positions (or can be so in the future). And they need to sell five players as well, to free up money, the wage budget and space.

Whilst I agree with the general point, 5 players per window is 10 per year. Outside of teams like Man City, no-one would sign 10 players per season stronger than their current players unless you are including new youth players making the squad from the reserves/youth teams.

Whilst I agree with the general point, 5 players per window is 10 per year. Outside of teams like Man City, no-one would sign 10 players per season stronger than their current players unless you are including new youth players making the squad from the reserves/youth teams.

Take Manchester United, Liverpool, Millwall and Notts County. In real life, how many of the players in the 2006-2007 season are still in the 25-man squad this season? (Actual question, not rhetoric).

Hi,

not sure wether to buy this release, I'm bored of winning everything with little or no effort due to the AI's inability to manage its squads - people who have played long games (5+ seasons) will know what i mean.

Therefore could people who get deep into a game let us know if there have been any meaningful improvements?

thanks

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282158-AI-Squad-Management-10-year-analysis

Archived