+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: San Marino - The Ultimate Challenge!

Part-Timer

March 7th - Youth Candidate Day

We now have "State of the art" Youth Facilities so now just to get the training facilities up to scratch but things are already looking up as we had 4-5 potential first team players come through!

Amateur

Holy balls, that's a good intake.

Amateur

There's actually a message you get when a major injury destroys a player's future; one of your backroom staff or physios reports they will never reach their potential or something like that. If you didn't see that, you're golden.

Amateur

keep in mind that the star system depends on how good your top players are... If your top player went away it's possible that your scouts consider a new player 4.5 stars when before they would call it a 3.5 star player.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Shake Appeal View Post
    There's actually a message you get when a major injury destroys a player's future; one of your backroom staff or physios reports they will never reach their potential or something like that. If you didn't see that, you're golden.
    Oh well thank god I didn't get that message, atleast I don't remember getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnCM4X View Post
    keep in mind that the star system depends on how good your top players are... If your top player went away it's possible that your scouts consider a new player 4.5 stars when before they would call it a 3.5 star player.
    Being as none of my best players have gone yet I'll take it as quite a good thing

Both of these players are leaving at the end of the season, Remo to Tre Penne with 194 goals currently under his belt and Alberto is going to Virtus.

Third Team

Just read the whole thread there now, brilliant thread! Hoping to see you do better in the CL

Reserves

Pity seeing legends depart.

Amateur

Gutted to see Remo leave!

Amateur

Makoto; i've just gained a huge amount more respect for how far you've come. I'm a few games off the end of my second season with this Norwegian team and the regens I'm getting are HORRIFIC, two seasons and no-one that will be in the team long term I don't think. At what stage of youth facilities/junior coaching did you start producing decent players?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    Just read the whole thread there now, brilliant thread! Hoping to see you do better in the CL
    Thanks! I can see us stagnating in last of the Group Stages for a while now but atleast we get almost £700,000 for getting there which helps our facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Pity seeing legends depart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Gutted to see Remo leave!
    Yea, it's gonna be a shame without him, hopefully Enrico & Nicolas (YP24) can take over although Enrico is very injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldhawk View Post
    Makoto; i've just gained a huge amount more respect for how far you've come. I'm a few games off the end of my second season with this Norwegian team and the regens I'm getting are HORRIFIC, two seasons and no-one that will be in the team long term I don't think. At what stage of youth facilities/junior coaching did you start producing decent players?
    Thanks I didn't get to improve the facilities until we got into Europe, until then it was a bit up and down in performances, I think you'd need to get a few decent cup runs in to get the money needed, it took me 7-8 years before I got a noticeable change in Youth quality, but now they're getting better and better, just stick with it!

Amateur

8 seasons??!!?!

What have I let myself in for!, Haha.

Amateur

Attempting something similar in Slovakia now, can't get out of the second division though xD

Good luck next season in CL, good little striker there too from your latest batch, hope his Argentine roots start to show!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jpr View Post
    Attempting something similar in Slovakia now, can't get out of the second division though xD

Good luck next season in CL, good little striker there too from your latest batch, hope his Argentine roots start to show!
    I'm thinking about doing it as well, but would probably be best doing it in a league where you can't get relegated.

Edit:

Started a career with the Singapore league the only league loaded. Just going to hope a club will approach me, if not, I'll have to select a club for myself. Thinking it might be harder in Asia with less money for the Asian CL?
    Last edited by markyosullivan; 14-01-2012 at 23:12.

Third Team

Makoto is your staff only your former players? Or do you appoint any staff to your club?

Part-Timer

San Giovanni - Campionato Sammarinese - 2031/32

League Table
    League Positions Graph
    Domestic Fixtures

Another pretty good season, will probably never get an unbeaten season though with the amount of players leaving us either through transfers or refusal to sign contracts.

Coppa Titano - Another Cup win, what else to say, it's part of the wallpaper now.

European Champions Cup - Qualifying was good, but the group stage was absolutely abysmal, capped off by a 10-0 loss to A.C Milan.

Squad - Our small squad is just getting smaller and smaller now, I hope they can keep going strong.

Finances - Still going up from European revenue, almost at £15,000,000 now.

Youth Players:

Remo Aielli (YP12) - Joining Tre Penne

Angelo Perra (YP13)

Fabio Bernandini (YP14) - Refused to renew contract, leaving on a free transfer.

Antonio Stanzione (YP15)

Antonello Carraro (YP16) - Refused to renew contract, leaving on a free transfer.

Antonio Costanzo (YP17)

Michele Centofanti (YP18) - Joining West Ham, first Sammarinese player to play outside of Italy & San Marino.

Boris Oddo (YP19)

Pasquale Missiroli (YP20)

Donato Cursio (YP21)

Rino Alizzi (YP22)

Enrico Chiodo (YP23)

Nicolas Marinelli (YP24)

Code:
    Season            Campionato Sammarinese              Coppa Titano                EURO Cup           Champions Cup         Average Attendance    Club Worth (£)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12                   6th                          3rd Grp C                     -                    -                       193              £26,000
    2012/13                1st Grp A                      Semi-Finals                    -                    -                       243              £80,000
    2013/14                1st Grp B                       3rd Grp B                     -                    -                       236              £95,000
    2014/15                4th Grp B                     Quarter Finals           2nd Qual. Round             -                       200              £150,000
    2015/16                3rd Grp A                        Winners                      -                    -                       180              £190,000
    2016/17                2nd Grp B                        Winners                      -              1st Qual. Round               256              £400,000
    2017/18                2nd Grp B                     Quarter Finals                  -              2nd Qual. Round               263              £575,000
    2018/19                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               293              £350,000
    2019/20                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               326              £575,000
    2020/21                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               333              £350,000
    2021/22                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group C        Champions Playoff             651              £1,500,000
    2022/23                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               600              £1,600,000
    2023/24                1st Grp B                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               566              £2,100,000
    2024/25                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               606              £1,100,000
    2025/26                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group B        Champions Playoff             885              £1,600,000
    2026/27                1st Grp B                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd. Qual Round               861              £2,400,000
    2027/28                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              4th Group D                   1178             £5,250,000
    2028/29                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group F        Champions Playoff             1162             £6,250,000     
    2029/30                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              4th Group A                   1263             £8,750,000
    2030/31                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group J        Champions Playoff             1440             £9,750,000
    2031/32                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              4th Group A                   1599             £11,250,000

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Jpr View Post

Best of luck in Slovakia, I've never played in those leagues personally, I actually holidayed 4 seasons without saving earlier whilst I was at a friends and he turned out very very good, so hopefully it will happen with me playing properly.

I'm thinking about doing it as well, but would probably be best doing it in a league where you can't get relegated.

Edit:

Started a career with the Singapore league the only league loaded. Just going to hope a club will approach me, if not, I'll have to select a club for myself. Thinking it might be harder in Asia with less money for the Asian CL?
    Makoto is your staff only your former players? Or do you appoint any staff to your club?
    Good luck in Singapore, I'd say it would be harder on the money side, but slightly easier on the fact that there are less "giant" clubs in Asia.

I still have the original staff other than I signed Samuel Eto'o when my first manager messed up and Yazar Yazici walked out and I needed an Assistant, also with the addition of Raoul Belmonte as a coach now.

Part-Timer

Last edited by Makoto Nakamura; 15-01-2012 at 01:02.

Part-Timer

I'm looking to hopefully get a point off of FC Twente

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Makoto Nakamura View Post
    I'm looking to hopefully get a point off of FC Twente
    Not if City2000 hs anything to do with it!

Part-Timer

Well hopefully he's not managing them on this game and they have a bad manager

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Not if City2000 hs anything to do with it!
    Well hopefully he's not managing them on this game and they have a bad manager
    ha ha. hope you get more than a point mate

Part-Timer

This sorta sums up the vast difference in quality, and the fact that we have a very weak team compared to recent years.

Part-Timer

Our first ever Champions League point!

Semi Pro

glad you got the point you wanted

Semi Pro

Nice to see the badges
    Nice to see you pick up a point
    Nice to see you score against Barcelona!

Hang on, I don't have three thumbs

Part-Timer

Thanks both of you but here is something way, way better!

I've changed tactic from a 4-2-4 to the flat 4-4-2

The downside is that we may have ended Waweru's career.

Amateur

That guy you injured is immense! Hopefully you start churning those players out soon, nice results in Europe too!

Amateur

Just want to say fantastic thread. Can't wait to see you get into last 16 of Euro or Champs league.

Part-Timer

March 8th - Youth Candidate Day

Amateur

Bressan has some decent mental and physicals already, not to mention how useful it is having a RL defender in the team, hopefully he develops

Third Team

Any chance of an update on the latest youth players who are breaking into your first team?

Bressan looks the best out of them 3.

Reserves

What a result against Barca!

Third Team

Any chance of an update?

Part-Timer

Probably no updates for a while, I have exams every couple of weeks from now until the end of April so updates will most likely be sparce and far between as I need to get my grades up... :/

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Great result against PSG .

Great to see that you're back. I have a question, how can I make the player screen go straight to Attributes, not Profile page?

Part-Timer

Thinking of bringing this back for a while, would that be wanted?

Amateur

I think that'd go down quite well

Amateur

Uh, of course

Amateur

Where have you been? We missed our dose of San Marino football

Part-Timer

I have exams, since I last updated I've had 1 English, 2 French (speaking & writing) and on the 7th I have 3 science mocks so I'm still quite busy :P

Amateur

I have exams, since I last updated I've had 1 English, 2 French (speaking & writing) and on the 7th I have 3 science mocks so I'm still quite busy :P
    You raise our hopes just to dash them!

I have exams too at the moment so yes FM time is limited here also

Amateur

Well after the 7th I expect a glut of updates

Amateur

Dooooo it!

Youth Team

bring it back

Part-Timer

San Giovanni - Campionato Sammarinese - 2032/33

League Table
    League Position Graph
    Domestic Fixtures

Decent season, another clean sweep, don't think I'll get an unbeaten season now.

Coppa Titano - Loads of goals and beat Tre Fiori 3-0 in the Final.

European Champions Cup - A few heavy losses but we got our first ever points!

Squad - The squads gotten a bit bigger but we are looking very very bare in defence.

Finances - £17,300,000 in the bank now, just upgrading our Training Facilities.

Youth Players:

Angelo Perra (YP13)

Antonio Stanzione (YP15)

Antonio Costanzo (YP17)

Boris Oddo (YP19)

Pasque Missirolli (YP20)

Donato Cursio (YP21)

Rino Alizzi (YP22)

Enrico Chiodo (YP23)

Nicolas Marinelli (YP24)

Mateo Bressan (YP25)

Gianluca Bibertini (YP26)

Code:
    Season            Campionato Sammarinese              Coppa Titano                EURO Cup           Champions Cup         Average Attendance    Club Worth (£)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12                   6th                          3rd Grp C                     -                    -                       193              £26,000
    2012/13                1st Grp A                      Semi-Finals                    -                    -                       243              £80,000
    2013/14                1st Grp B                       3rd Grp B                     -                    -                       236              £95,000
    2014/15                4th Grp B                     Quarter Finals           2nd Qual. Round             -                       200              £150,000
    2015/16                3rd Grp A                        Winners                      -                    -                       180              £190,000
    2016/17                2nd Grp B                        Winners                      -              1st Qual. Round               256              £400,000
    2017/18                2nd Grp B                     Quarter Finals                  -              2nd Qual. Round               263              £575,000
    2018/19                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               293              £350,000
    2019/20                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               326              £575,000
    2020/21                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               333              £350,000
    2021/22                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group C        Champions Playoff             651              £1,500,000
    2022/23                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               600              £1,600,000
    2023/24                1st Grp B                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               566              £2,100,000
    2024/25                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               606              £1,100,000
    2025/26                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group B        Champions Playoff             885              £1,600,000
    2026/27                1st Grp B                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd. Qual Round               861              £2,400,000
    2027/28                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              4th Group D                   1178             £5,250,000
    2028/29                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group F        Champions Playoff             1162             £6,250,000     
    2029/30                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              4th Group A                   1263             £8,750,000
    2030/31                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group J        Champions Playoff             1440             £9,750,000
    2031/32                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              4th Group A                   1599             £11,250,000
    2032/33                1st Grp B                        Winners                      -              4th Group A                   1893             £13,500,000

Amateur

What are your coaches like? You definitely have the money to get some top coaches so do you? Or do you use retired players from your team?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    What are your coaches like? You definitely have the money to get some top coaches so do you? Or do you use retired players from your team?
    Other than my assistant Samuel Eto'o, all the backroom staff are the same as when I started, and Raoul Belmonte has turned into a pretty good coach too

Part-Timer

How did you convince Eto'o to come to San Marino?

Part-Timer

Wow, what an incredible career. Considering I'm doing something similar, this is both inspiring humiliating - I thought I was doing well but THIS, this is how it's done. Incredible career so far, keep this going man!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Rikulec View Post
    How did you convince Eto'o to come to San Marino?
    From what I remember, there was some backrrom advice with Samuel Eto'o being a recommended Ass Man, he accepted the money offered, and the rest is history

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Wow, what an incredible career. Considering I'm doing something similar, this is both inspiring humiliating - I thought I was doing well but THIS, this is how it's done. Incredible career so far, keep this going man!
    Thanks Dave! Best of luck with your Sammarinese conquest

Youth Team

I had a quick read of the last 2 pages of this thread yesterday but i shall have a proper read of it this weekend. You look like your making great progress anyway so keep up the good work.

Part-Timer

Another year, and another hard Group Draw. Yippeee.

Amateur

That is a very harsh draw!

Reserves

Yoah, thats hard.

Part-Timer

Ouch! That couldn't really be a lot worse...

Part-Timer

Remember the time that we were dominant? Times are changing.....

Amateur

Wow. How good are they European standard wise? Any qualified for the group stages of CL or EL?

Part-Timer

Well for the teams that qualified for European Competition:

Tre Fiori:

EURO Cup 1st Qual Round - Tre Fiori 2-0 Ordabasy
    EURO Cup 2nd Qual Round - Tre Fiori 1-1a B36

Folgore:

EURO Cup 2nd Qual Round - Folgore 1-6 Ajax

Tre Penne:

EURO Cup 3rd Qual Round - Tre Penne 1-4 Fram (ISL)

From what I can tell, no other Sammarinese team has made it to the Group Stages.

Amateur

Wow that doesn't look good. Anyway i hope your intakes will be a bit better so you can compete against the other league teams which probably bought some good foreigners/

Part-Timer

Results seemed to have turned around now, we narrowly lost 3-2 at home to Roma!

Also, here is I think the best player or one of the best players in the league:

Amateur

What a great player.

Part-Timer

Hmm...does that mean we could get 2 Youth Intake days, or what?

Reserves

Double your chances of good youth, and looks like the league is getting much better players.

Amateur

Great progress, good that others are starting to compete, hopefully doesn't hinder your European conquests too much!

Amateur

Hmm...does that mean we could get 2 Youth Intake days, or what?
    Nop, that means you will have a game with free transfers that no one bids. (Normally means crappy players)

Part-Timer

March 8th - Youth Candidate Day

Another good year for intakes, we finally got a couple of defenders through!

Part-Timer

Just noticed this:

Holy WOW, he's been signed on a free from A.C. Milan
    Remember this guy? ^^

Well here he is now, still going strong aged 33:

Part-Timer

Overtaken Remo and looks like he could reach 100 caps for San Marino! Also, take note of the goals scored

Youth Team

Looks like hes smashing it, how many goals does he have for you in total? also, how old is he?

Part-Timer

He has 141 league goals in total and turned 30 5 days ago, in total Angelo has scored 218 goals, catching up to Remos' total of 300 goals.

And after all that he finished tied as the clubs top goalscorer this season, tieing with an 18 year old!

Reserves

Good to see you getting defenders.

Part-Timer

San Giovanni - Campionato Sammarinese - 2033/34

League Table
    League Positions Graph
    Domestic Fixtures

A very poor start to the season ruined our chances of winning the Group Stages, thankfully we picked up alot towards the end and managed to win the Championship Final to guarantee Champions League football again.

Coppa Titano - A bit closer this year, beating Tre Fiori 2-1 in the Final.

European Champions Cup - We had very tough opposition again, but managed to keep the amount of goals down to a reasonable level for a club of our "standards".

Squad - A good squad now, and with the defenders coming up in a couple of years it can only get better!

Finances - £14,300,000 in the bank, our training facilities were downgraded so have to pay to have them re-upgraded.

Youth Players:

Angelo Perra (YP13)

Antonio Stanzione (YP15)

Antonio Costanzo (YP17)

Boris Oddo (YP19)

Pasquale Missiroli (YP20)

Donato Cursio (YP21)

Rino Alizzi (YP22)

Enrico Chiodo (YP23) - List of Injuries

Nicolas Marinelli (YP24)

Mateo Bressan (YP25)

Rocco Marchesini (YP26)

Ezio Carli (YP28)

Marcello Allegri (YP28)

Code:
    2032/33                1st Grp B                        Winners                      -              4th Group A                   1893             £13,500,000
    2033/34                3rd Grp A                        Winners                      -              4th Group F                   1852             £11,500,000

Youth Team

Not a bad season at all, hard to ask much in europe with a group like that. What standard are you facilities at now then?

Part-Timer

We have;
    Basic Corporate Facilities
    Good Training Facilities (Expansion in progress, completion due 20.9.2034)
    State of the Art Youth Facilities
    Exceptional Junior Coaching
    Minimal Youth Recruitment

Also noticing that a few other teams in the league are starting to improve there Youth & Training Facilities.

Youth Team

Pretty good. Its a shame you cant get the youth recruitment up, i'm having the same problem. I think its down to how high your rivals have it, although im not 100% sure on that.

Part-Timer

I don't think we can get more than 4 teams qualifying for Europe?

Youth Team

Fair play league?

That was a very, very tough Champions League group. You done well to score a goal. Best of luck next season .

Part-Timer

Thats Enrico's 11th injury...he's only 19 years old

Youth Team

Seems like hes a lost cause? whats his potential, maybe its time to cash in?

Part-Timer

2 1/2* CA 5* PA, Guess I should transfer list him...he only got 4 games last season

Youth Team

Yeah he'll never reach his PA with injuries like that affecting his game time, at least he's young so his price is slightly inflated. Whats he worth?

Part-Timer

He's only worth £150,000 I personally think that he should be worth alot more than he is worth.

Part-Timer

Well Europe's come for another year, most likely another year with 0 points, can't see us getting anything off of CSKA Moscow.

Amateur

Brilliant thread mate, inspiring stuff!

Part-Timer

Thanks mate, glad you're enjoying it!

A bit of an international update there...San Marino, topping a qualifying group?!? admittedly they were wins against the bottom 2 teams, but still!

Fantastic start for San Marino in Qualifying!!!

You might be able to get a point out of your Champions League group.

Amateur

Hey Makota, I've just read all the way through. Great thread.

Couple of questions. Why has it taken so long to have your training facilities upgraded? And would you rule out re-signing former youth prospects on a free? And when is that San Marino job coming up? I've only seen U19.

Cheers

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Fantastic start for San Marino in Qualifying!!!

You might be able to get a point out of your Champions League group.
    Unfortunately after 2 games we have a GD of -10, 0 socred, 10 conceded, 5-0 losses both games.

Also, another update for now the most travelled and also most expensive Sammarinese player, Michele Centofanti (YP18)!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by nickdc View Post
    Hey Makota, I've just read all the way through. Great thread.

Couple of questions. Why has it taken so long to have your training facilities upgraded? And would you rule out re-signing former youth prospects on a free? And when is that San Marino job coming up? I've only seen U19.

Cheers
    Thanks Nick!

I would rule out re-signing my old Youth players since it would count as signing someone, and I focused the money on getting my Youth Facilities up first so it's only recently that my Training Facilities have been improved, and now I have "Top training Facilities"

The San Marino expectations have always been quite low so I'm thinking that it will be around 7 years until the San Marino job becomes available as the current manager is 60.

Amateur

With the training facilities only recently coming good, do you think the first team squad have suffered for that?
    Also, for the SM job, you could always negatively comment on the manager, try and force him out? Would that work?

Part-Timer

I think that some of the first team haven't completely reached their potential but almost all of them have, and we only have 4 players over the age of 25 so the training hasn't been too bad.

I could try and force him out but I don't really want the National Team Job yet, I'd rather complete the domestic side of the challenge before starting the International side.

Amateur

Can they not run simultaneously? Or do you have to give up your baby?!

Part-Timer

They can run simultaneously but I'd rather focus on being a purely club manager first before becoming the San Marino NT manager.

And once I become the National Team manager I will stay on as San Giovanni manager aswell.

Youth Team

that player at Monaco is amazing, if he had stayed at your team you might have had a bit more sucess in europe. Good to see San Marino doing well, the rate at which your progressing is brilliant.

Amateur

Must be gutted you let him go for free now!

Amateur

8.5 million pounds for a centre midfielder with a passing ability of 7 O_o Monaco chairman must be nuts

Semi Pro

Great to see this up and running again.

I second what egesagin said!

Amateur

Brilliant career, Makoto!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast