+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: San Marino - The Ultimate Challenge!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by BurnCM4X View Post
    What was the position in the Dynamic Competitions ranking?
    Check post #2 of this thread to see things like that, but last season we were "198th - UP 65 - Between Albanian First Category & Estonian First League"

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Makoto Nakamura View Post
    Check post #2 of this thread to see things like that, but last season we were "198th - UP 65 - Between Albanian First Category & Estonian First League"
    Yeah, you are climbing quickly the ranking. Your problem now will be getting players with potential to win a champions... won't be easy!

Part-Timer

The End of Season report shortly but look at that, Campionato Sammarinese is rated 1 1/2* between the Icelandic First Division & Finnish First Division!

Amateur

The End of Season report shortly but look at that, Campionato Sammarinese is rated 1 1/2* between the Icelandic First Division & Finnish First Division!
    Remember to post the money prize for your final classification on Sammarinese.

Amateur

And all that thanks to 2.0!

I really look forward to seeing how things develop from here,great job.

Part-Timer

San Giovanni - Campionato Sammarinese - 2022/23

League Table
    League Position Graph

Back to normality, a much easier season and I think that 2.0 me is better than the old me.

Coppa Titano - Easy, 3-0 Quarter Final, 6-1 Semi Final, 3-0 Final, I owuld let the U19's play it but I want to win as much silverware as I can.

European Champions Cup & EURO Cup - No screenshot for this, it messed up but the results were Qarabag Agdam 2 - 4 San Giovanni, CSKA (Sofia) 5 - 1 San Giovanni.

Squad - Got rid of a few more, got a good core of players now.

Finances - £1.6m in the black, all is well in the San Giovanni bank.

Youth Players:

Raoul Belmonte (YP2) - Another year, more consistency, mentals are getting better and he now has 55 caps and is the most capped person on the international team.

Giovanni Cambi (YP11) - Doesn't look as good as I once thought but he has 15 caps and still made 28 appearances.

Remo Aielli (YP12) - 20 years old, 9 caps, 37 appearances, 27 goals and 14 assists with a 7.54 average rating. wow.

Angello Perra (YP13) - 19 years old, 5 caps, 36 appearances, 27 goals and 20 assists with a 7.84 average rating!! even better!!

Fabio Bernardini (YP14) - Decided to choose Italy as his first nationality after playing for the Italian U19's, just shows how great he is.

Antonio Stanzione (YP15) - He got his chances, and hist first cap! 10 goals and 13 assists, a good season for someone who is 3rd choice.

Antonello Carraro (YP16) - The new boy, only "generated" in March and already has a Youth Cap to his name, looks very very good.

Code:
    Season            Campionato Sammarinese              Coppa Titano                EURO Cup           Champions Cup         Average Attendance    Club Worth (£)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12                   6th                          3rd Grp C                     -                    -                       193              £26,000
    2012/13                1st Grp A                      Semi-Finals                    -                    -                       243              £80,000
    2013/14                1st Grp B                       3rd Grp B                     -                    -                       236              £95,000
    2014/15                4th Grp B                     Quarter Finals           2nd Qual. Round             -                       200              £150,000
    2015/16                3rd Grp A                        Winners                      -                    -                       180              £190,000
    2016/17                2nd Grp B                        Winners                      -              1st Qual. Round               256              £400,000
    2017/18                2nd Grp B                     Quarter Finals                  -              2nd Qual. Round               263              £575,000
    2018/19                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               293              £350,000
    2019/20                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               326              £575,000
    2020/21                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               333              £350,000
    2021/22                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group C        Champions Playoff             651              £1,500,000
    2022/23                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               600              £1,600,000

Part-Timer

Look at all that money! shame we aren't spending any of it

Part-Timer

Thrown right in at the deep end, against ex-winners Red Star Belgrade

Amateur

Look at all that money! shame we aren't spending any of it
    A few really good prospects coming through,bodes well for the future.

It's a bit weird having two groups at the highest level you can play in a league tho

Amateur

I've noticed that you posting only the result on the group stage phase. Don't you have the title phase too?

Part-Timer

I've noticed that you posting only the result on the group stage phase. Don't you have the title phase too?
    I don't have a title phase, I have playoff rounds, so there's no "Championship Group"

Amateur

But this playoff rounds don't decide the winner of the league? It should be a league with 6 clubs to find the Sammarinese winner.

Part-Timer

But this playoff rounds don't decide the winner of the league? It should be a league with 6 clubs to find the Sammarinese winner.
    It decides the winner of it for me, there's a playoff first round, 4th round, 6th round, Semi-Final & Final.
    Last edited by Makoto Nakamura; 05-11-2011 at 21:10.

Amateur

It decides the winner of the it for me, there's a playoff first round, 4th round, 6th round, Semi-Final & Final.
    I'm getting a bit confused. can you take a screen shot of your fixture list of the last season? (the last games)

Part-Timer

The cropping works again! and here are my last few fixtures

Amateur

The cropping works again! and here are my last few fixtures
    Now i understand. You are not using my update.
    Btw, what you mean with "The cropping works again!"?

Part-Timer

Ooooh haha, and it was just I was having problems with imgur not letting me crop my pictures, but now it's back to normal and I got over-excited by it

Part-Timer

Europe's over early this year....damn good teams.

Amateur

Seem to be getting a bit unlucky with the teams in Europe you are being drawn against. Hope this thread continues, keep going!

Part-Timer

Amateur

But looking at it a bit positively,losing 1-3 and 2-4 ain't bad at all,means you're getting closer.

Part-Timer

March 8th - Youth Candidate Day

Part-Timer

Glad you managed to continue your game.

This new guy looks fantastic, despite being rated silver stars for his current ability.

Semi Pro

Great thread so far shame you got knocked out to Red Star though, I'm sure you'll eventually breakthrough and beat teams of that caliber

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Romanista1994 View Post
    Glad you managed to continue your game.

This new guy looks fantastic, despite being rated silver stars for his current ability.
    Too know that guy is rated silver stars shows how much better the team has gotten since I started this challenge when almost every player had 5* CA at the start too now, the best player not even having 1/2* CA.

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Great thread so far shame you got knocked out to Red Star though, I'm sure you'll eventually breakthrough and beat teams of that caliber
    I'm hoping that we could be able to beat them in the nest 5 - 10 years if we're lucky.

You can't really win the cup any better than that, especially since that 5-0 win was declared as a fan day, scoring 19 goals in 3 games!

Part-Timer

Too know that guy is rated silver stars shows how much better the team has gotten since I started this challenge when almost every player had 5* CA at the start too now, the best player not even having 1/2* CA.
    If he had gotten 5 stars CA I'd have said he's easily the best player you have had come through so far, his stats are brilliantly distributed. The great cup win also shows how much your team has improved.

On another note, are there any superstars in the San Marino national team, perhaps produced by Italian clubs?

Part-Timer

If he had gotten 5 stars CA I'd have said he's easily the best player you have had come through so far, his stats are brilliantly distributed. The great cup win also shows how much your team has improved.

On another note, are there any superstars in the San Marino national team, perhaps produced by Italian clubs?
    Sadly not, these are the best players:

Giuseppe started out at San Giovanni, I could always load the Italian leagues at the start of next season though?

Part-Timer

Sadly not, these are the best players:

Giuseppe started out at San Giovanni, I could always load the Italian leagues at the start of next season though?
    Better not, it would slow the game down. Six out of six top players is brilliant though, even if one got away.

Reserves

Good work on the players,

Youth Team

Costanzo looks like he'll turn out very tasty indeed!

Amateur

Im already playing a game with Armagh Town where I only can buy Northern Irish players and Crewe where I can only use players from my own youth setup. Does anyone know if I can download and add the San Marino league to my current game?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DocFons View Post
    Im already playing a game with Armagh Town where I only can buy Northern Irish players and Crewe where I can only use players from my own youth setup. Does anyone know if I can download and add the San Marino league to my current game?
    You can't. You need to choose the new leagues at the beginning.

Amateur

But in FM12 you can add leagues during a save game....is it different with downloaded leagues?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DocFons View Post
    But in FM12 you can add leagues during a save game....is it different with downloaded leagues?
    You can, but they need to be on SI Database or added in the beginning. (the created ones)

Part-Timer

San Giovanni - Campionato Sammarinese - 2022/23

League Table
    League Position Graph

Almost perfect now, the new youths are very strong together, and there's great harmony.

Coppa Titano - Easy again, we went on a scoring spree in the latter stages too!

European Champions Cup - Poor this year losing 7 - 3 to Red Star Belgrade at the first hurdle.

Squad - Could do with a few more good defenders, along with alot less central defenders.

Finances - £2.4m in the black, amazing without the European challenge this year

Youth Players:

Raoul Belmonte (YP2) - More from Mr. Consistent, another 32 appearances and should be pretty much hitting his peak anytime now so I expect him to start falling down the pecking order in a couple of years.

Giovanni Cambi (YP11) - Mainly appeared as a sub, a bench warmer now, may only be here for a couple more years before I let him go.

Remo Aiella (YP12) - Still improving, 37 appearances, 27 goals and 10 assists still wow.

Angello Perra (YP13) - Was pushed into a defensive midfield position this year because of 1 strikers ability to score. Angello still got 10 goals and 16 assists.

Fernando Bernardini (YP14) - Made even more appearances for Italy U19's but I don't know it doesn't show up. heart and rock of our defence at age 18.

Antonio Stanzione (YP15) - Took Angello's striker spot and scored 33 goals in 37 appearances with 7 assists and 11 MoM awards!

Antonello Carraro (YP16) - Didn't actually play in the first team but over the Pre-Season I'm going to re-train him as a Right Winger to try and get him some game time next season.

Antonio Costanzo (YP17) - Looks very good, should get game time next season, might try re-training him to another position.

Code:
    Season            Campionato Sammarinese              Coppa Titano                EURO Cup           Champions Cup         Average Attendance    Club Worth (£)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12                   6th                          3rd Grp C                     -                    -                       193              £26,000
    2012/13                1st Grp A                      Semi-Finals                    -                    -                       243              £80,000
    2013/14                1st Grp B                       3rd Grp B                     -                    -                       236              £95,000
    2014/15                4th Grp B                     Quarter Finals           2nd Qual. Round             -                       200              £150,000
    2015/16                3rd Grp A                        Winners                      -                    -                       180              £190,000
    2016/17                2nd Grp B                        Winners                      -              1st Qual. Round               256              £400,000
    2017/18                2nd Grp B                     Quarter Finals                  -              2nd Qual. Round               263              £575,000
    2018/19                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               293              £350,000
    2019/20                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               326              £575,000
    2020/21                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               333              £350,000
    2021/22                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group C        Champions Playoff             651              £1,500,000
    2022/23                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               600              £1,600,000
    2023/24                1st Grp B                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               566              £2,100,000

Semi Pro

Excellent stuff - One note of concern: Two seasons running your average attendance has dropped. Season tickets also dropping? I note this is dropping in relation to your European performance.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Excellent stuff - One note of concern: Two seasons running your average attendance has dropped. Season tickets also dropping? I note this is dropping in relation to your European performance.
    Oddly not, our Season Ticket Holders went from 74 - 77 - 82 this season so they're increasing so far.

Part-Timer

Two things I'm wondering about:

In early screenshots Perra was called Angelo, but now he has two L's in Angelo, making Angello, which isn't an Italian name and sounds a bit weird. Would you correct that for me in his nickname?

The other thing concerns your Italian youth international, Fabio Bernardini. How come he still has an amateur contract, or at least no wage?

Part-Timer

Two things I'm wondering about:

In early screenshots Perra was called Angelo, but now he has two L's in Angelo, making Angello, which isn't an Italian name and sounds a bit weird. Would you correct that for me in his nickname?

The other thing concerns your Italian youth international, Fabio Bernardini. How come he still has an amateur contract, or at least no wage?
    I've corrected it, and I actually hadn't noticed he was still amateur, but most of my squad is amateur, I'll offer him and any other (YP) a Part Time contract if I haven't

Part-Timer

Seriously....can we just have 1 year where we're not drawn against a massive team?!?

Part-Timer

I've corrected it, and I actually hadn't noticed he was still amateur, but most of my squad is amateur, I'll offer him and any other (YP) a Part Time contract if I haven't
    Good, you wouldn't want any others getting away after what happened with some of your early YP's. Especially Bernardini, who has made some incredible improvements in just two years. Hopefully he sees sense and decides to play for the San Marino national team.

Which brings me onto another thing I've just thought about: do you worry that when your youth players start becoming good, you'll see a lot more of them decide to play for Italy and not San Marino? I ask this since most of your good YP's have Italy as second nationality (apart from Stanzione and a couple of good ones who didn't get the (YP) tag) and Bernardini has already played for Italy's youth teams.

Part-Timer

Good, you wouldn't want any others getting away after what happened with some of your early YP's. Especially Bernardini, who has made some incredible improvements in just two years. Hopefully he sees sense and decides to play for the San Marino national team.

Which brings me onto another thing I've just thought about: do you worry that when your youth players start becoming good, you'll see a lot more of them decide to play for Italy and not San Marino? I ask this since most of your good YP's have Italy as second nationality (apart from Stanzione and a couple of good ones who didn't get the (YP) tag) and Bernardini has already played for Italy's youth teams.
    I'm hoping that some of the YP's will be able to drag San Marino up the Country Rankings which will hopefully encourage more players with dual nationality to play for San Marino. also some Italians with dual nationality are now playing for San Marino too.

Part-Timer

I'm very proud over this draw, Sparta Prague are miles ahead of us, so a home draw shows that we're getting somewhere!

Youth Team

Excellent result!

Part-Timer

So, SO close!!

Amateur

Unlucky! Definite progress being made though.

Reserves

Not too far off beating the likes of Sparta.

Part-Timer

Wow, that striker started out at Inter and has now gotten Sammarinese nationality.

Part-Timer

Ooo, screenshot!

Part-Timer

Part-Timer

100th game as 2.0 me!

Last edited by Makoto Nakamura; 06-11-2011 at 21:34.

Amateur

100th game as 2.0 me!
    Congrats!

And you're closing in on Europe! Maybe next year huh?

Part-Timer

March 8th - Youth Candidates Day

A bit of a mish-mash, look at his speed!

Amateur

THE PACE!

ahem......4 passing, 4 flair, 2 tackling and marking.......retrain him as a winger

Semi Pro

His reports seem impressive but his stats seem odd, speed for CM isn't the main priority (IMO) and you don't play an AMC but looking at his stats, crossing 10, you could train him to be a winger? They learn pretty fast! that way you will utilize his pace!

Edit: Damn you MattSpurs94! I was typing mine as you typed yours!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    His reports seem impressive but his stats seem odd, speed for CM isn't the main priority (IMO) and you don't play an AMC but looking at his stats, crossing 10, you could train him to be a winger? They learn pretty fast! that way you will utilize his pace!

Edit: Damn you MattSpurs94! I was typing mine as you typed yours!

(10101010)
    Last edited by MattSpurs94; 06-11-2011 at 23:29.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MattSpurs94 View Post

(10101010)
    great minds thing alike.

Part-Timer

Haha, thanks you two, he's now being retrained as an AM (R), along with YP16 who is already competent as one.

Semi Pro

Haha, thanks you two, he's now being retrained as an AM (R), along with YP16 who is already competent as one.
    I say you made a very wise choice there!

Part-Timer

Stunning physical stats for a player from San Marino.. congratulations!

Part-Timer

San Giovanni - Campionato Sammarinese - 2024/25

League Table
    League Position Graph

So close to an unbeaten season, shows how good we are now compared to other Sammarinese teams.

Coppa Titano - Couldn't get unbeaten in this either, but atleast we beat Faetano 8 - 1.

European Champions Cup - Again drawn against a much bigger team but we came so close to beating then, we lost 4-3 on agg.

Squad - Our squads getting better and more experienced now but the average age is still only 20!

Finances - Very almost £4,000,000 in the bank, and £3,200,000 is going into upgrading the Youth Facilities.

Youth Players:

Raoul Belmonte (YP2) - 35 appearances this year, 5 years older than the next oldest player on the team, also 69 caps, joint highest in San Marino records with Damiano Vannucci.

Remo Aielli (YP12) - 30 goals and 16 assists even though a couple of his attributes dropped at the end, amazing season.

Angelo Perra (YP13) - 16 goals and 16 assists, another great season, and he's somehow worth £170,000?!?

Fabio Bernardini (YP14) - GREAT! he's been fully capped for San Marino! also managed to score 12 goals this season.

Antonio Stanzione (YP15) - 15 goals and 15 assists, pretty solid if you ask me.

Antonello Carraro (YP16) - Will definetly get more opportunities next season, look at his stats!

Antonio Costanzo (YP17) - Left him in the U18's to see if he would improve, and well, he has.

Michele Centofanti (YP18) - Not so sure about this one, being re-trained as a winger but he is lightning fast.

Code:
    2023/24                1st Grp B                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               566              £2,100,000
    2024/25                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               606              £1,100,000

Amateur

Did your club value drop by a million in your last season? :/

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by egesagin View Post
    Did your club value drop by a million in your last season? :/
    I would guess becuase the club spent £3.2m on facilities thus making their bank balance a lot less.

Part-Timer

Into the 3rd Qualifier against Sheriff

Amateur

Great result! Is that guaranteed europa league group stage now?

That last goal would have had me jumping round the room. Nowt like an injury time winner

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ron6632 View Post
    Great result! Is that guaranteed europa league group stage now?

That last goal would have had me jumping round the room. Nowt like an injury time winner
    Nope, if we beat Sheriff then we're guaranteed to go into the Europa League Group Stages

Part-Timer

It's within our grasp!!

Reserves

You should manage to hold on.

Amateur

Looking good...

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalMetro View Post
    Looking good...

...Looking better

Amateur

Awesome!

Part-Timer

It could have gone better, could go worse, but atleast I get a Europa League/ EURO Cup Group spot

Amateur

Very nice! Champions League '30 winner?

Hopefully 2030 rather than 2130 tho'.

Part-Timer

Very close, can't see us getting anything from the away leg though.

Part-Timer

We were completely outplayed, lucky we only kept it to 1 - 0, we got 2M for losing to them! now onto the EURO Cup Group Stages!!

Part-Timer

Put into Group B with; Panathinaikos, Stuttgart & Fenerbache, we have no chance but it is ALL about the money!

Amateur

Considering the teams in there, that's a very respectable group. Who knows, maybe some points could be won!

Amateur

Best of luck! A few draws would do wonders for your league reputation.

Youth Team

Really close to CL group stage this time!

Reserves

Might get a few points, the way you're going.

Semi Pro

Amazing progress you have made in just over 10 years, nice to see you have gained a lot more fans as well from you what you started with! Good luck in Europe and just enjoy the money!

Youth Team

Making great progress in this save, some really impressive results against other European teams

Good luck with your Europa League group, although I fear you may end up with nothing more than the wooden spoon.

Every time I read this thread, I get this massive urge to play the game! This is just excellent mate, please continue your journey

Amateur

Read through all of this you are doing really well i think i will tryan easier save first career for myself but definatly lower league in england probably!

Part-Timer

Wow, thanks everyone for the comments and high interest! updates will be sparce for a couple of days, just brought MW3 so busy on that.

March 8th Youth Candidates Day:

Semi Pro

I know it's 2026 and you've made lots of progress, but there's no way should you be getting kids like that in San Marino. That player could play at a professional level and he's 15.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    I know it's 2026 and you've made lots of progress, but there's no way should you be getting kids like that in San Marino. That player could play at a professional level and he's 15.
    More then 10 years of investment in youth should result in players like this one.

Amateur

Isn't that a bit racist noikeee? I for one, believe that talent can be found everywhere, but the reason we don't get good players from San Marino is because they don't train them well enough etc.

Turkey used to be a footballing country like San Marino, always conceding 5 or more goals, celebrating draws.. But today, we are a respected footballing nation with a number of quality players, shared with Germany of course. But the main reason behind that is Jupp Derwall's work on youth system and training system/facilities in Turkey. After his reign et Galatasaray, Turkish football rised really fast so a visionary manager, with the help of supportive directors, can do amazing stuff in the smallest footballing countries, only to make them bigger and better

Amateur

Isn't that a bit racist noikeee? I for one, believe that talent can be found everywhere, but the reason we don't get good players from San Marino is because they don't train them well enough etc.

Turkey used to be a footballing country like San Marino, always conceding 5 or more goals, celebrating draws.. But today, we are a respected footballing nation with a number of quality players, shared with Germany of course. But the main reason behind that is Jupp Derwall's work on youth system and training system/facilities in Turkey. After his reign et Galatasaray, Turkish football rised really fast so a visionary manager, with the help of supportive directors, can do amazing stuff in the smallest footballing countries, only to make them bigger and better
    This is very true - and even though San Marino is a tiny country, you could compare this with New Zealand in rugby - if it's all kids play (and that would be the case if they started to see their legendary players making it into europe etc), then you'll get good players - and with good investment, comes the chance to make them better! They might also be dragged in from italy, who knows!

Amateur

Wow, thanks everyone for the comments and high interest! updates will be sparce for a couple of days, just brought MW3 so busy on that.

Screw MW3, I need my San Giovanni fix!

Amateur

It seems the "junior coaching" thing is working too well,players come through with "starting attributes" way up.Will be interesting to see if they develop alot...

Semi Pro

You are starting to see some good results due to your hard work, keep it up

Youth Team

No. Be careful with that word.

At worst it's xenophobic, and really it's not that either. He's not saying they ought to be rubbish because they're San Marinese.

It's realism. San Marino is a tiny province, no bigger than a city. You just wouldn't see the same response as in Turkey to the improved infrastructure and coaching, because there's not enough of a population for classy footballers to come through year on year. Maybe once, twice or thrice in a generation but no more. Regardless of funding.

Quote Originally Posted by jdrawmer View Post
    This is very true - and even though San Marino is a tiny country, you could compare this with New Zealand in rugby - if it's all kids play (and that would be the case if they started to see their legendary players making it into europe etc), then you'll get good players - and with good investment, comes the chance to make them better! They might also be dragged in from italy, who knows!
    Not really. 30,000 vs 4.3million.

Amateur
    2013 Confederations Cup Prediction League Champion \o/

The new batch look very good, hope you get on a good run in Europe.

Semi Pro

Racist.

Turkey has 70 million people. San Marino has 30 thousand. That's 0,004% of the turkish population. Even if every single person in San Marino plays football and they are given world class training and facilities to do so, it's extremely unlikely they'd ever be able to produce a full team of top players. A freak player can show up from anywhere indeed - I live in an island with a population of 250 thousand and we have produced one of the world's current top 3 players (Cristiano Ronaldo). But the chances of it happening in such a small population sample are tiny. To produce consistent top talent over the years in an area like San Marino is pretty much impossible.

Of course it's not all about the sheer weight of numbers otherwise China would be the best side in every single sport, but the potential should be there if worked right. Indeed, that is what has happened in Turkey over the years - you do realize Turkey's hardly a tiny country as it has more population than most of the countries that have gone to win World Cups?

I'm not trying to reduce Makoto's achievements which have been class, he obviously tries to do his best as every player does, and it has resulted in an highly entertaining thread. I'm just saying that the players produced are unrealistic, something's messed up somewhere, be it FM's current model of simulating generated youngsters or the league add-on he's using.

Amateur

Ok, I haven't thought of that, sorry. My brain isn't functioning anymore, only 2 hours left to SKYRIM and the excitement is overwhelming

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nordan View Post
    It seems the "junior coaching" thing is working too well,players come through with "starting attributes" way up.Will be interesting to see if they develop alot...
    It seems to work as expected - the excellent junion coaching is obviously what you'd expect from high prem teams - and the effort and finances have gone in to do that - however perhaps FM should introduce a feature by which the excellence of the facilities is proportionate to the standard of competition - i.e. if you compete in a 2 * competition, your facilities might be excellent, but they might just be average in a 4* competition.

Reserves

Racist.

Turkey has 70 million people. San Marino has 30 thousand. That's 0,004% of the turkish population. Even if every single person in San Marino plays football and they are given world class training and facilities to do so, it's extremely unlikely they'd ever be able to produce a full team of top players. A freak player can show up from anywhere indeed - I live in an island with a population of 250 thousand and we have produced one of the world's current top 3 players (Cristiano Ronaldo). But the chances of it happening in such a small population sample are tiny. To produce consistent top talent over the years in an area like San Marino is pretty much impossible.

Of course it's not all about the sheer weight of numbers otherwise China would be the best side in every single sport, but the potential should be there if worked right. Indeed, that is what has happened in Turkey over the years - you do realize Turkey's hardly a tiny country as it has more population than most of the countries that have gone to win World Cups?

I'm not trying to reduce Makoto's achievements which have been class, he obviously tries to do his best as every player does, and it has resulted in an highly entertaining thread. I'm just saying that the players produced are unrealistic, something's messed up somewhere, be it FM's current model of simulating generated youngsters or the league add-on he's using.
    But at the end of the day, FM is only a game. I don't think managing in San Marino would be fun if all the players had 1s in every attribute. Makoto isn't getting World Class players in every bloody intake, just players enough to slowly improve in Europe.

FM deviates from reality and isn't realistic the second you press 'continue'. Just have fun and enjoy the progress made in this thread mate.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jdrawmer View Post
    It seems to work as expected - the excellent junion coaching is obviously what you'd expect from high prem teams - and the effort and finances have gone in to do that - however perhaps FM should introduce a feature by which the excellence of the facilities is proportionate to the standard of competition - i.e. if you compete in a 2 * competition, your facilities might be excellent, but they might just be average in a 4* competition.
    Nope, that wouldn't work either as the conveyor belt of talent Crewe produce wouldn't happen with your scenario.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Nope, that wouldn't work either as the conveyor belt of talent Crewe produce wouldn't happen with your scenario.
    Well then perhaps it could be based on the nation, not the competition? Or it could even take population into consideration as well.

On a separate note, I think we need to concentrate back on the story here - there's plenty of forums for discussions about this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast