Regen/Newgen photos - Good/Bad

You don't need two topics on the same issue tbh.

Personally, I like the concept, and I think it's been done fairly well, but some of them do like they are on drugs, and they need to work on the ethnicities of players in my opinion.

For example, most of the Portuguese newgens are milk-bottle white, rather than having any sort of tanned/Mediterranean complexion. Quite a few of Scotland's players are black on my game. And Brazil's squad are mostly white as well.

Oh, and they could do with a few more different haircuts in the game as well!

If they could improve on that, I'd be quite happy. It's only a cosmetic feature though, so it's not the end of the world.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by millwallrules:

I would like less black guys with those ridiculous lop sided afros. Does my head in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, yeah those afros are ridiculous and there's only one kind in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i think they should make real players into facegen pictures to, you can get them spot on as i hae done mine to use n the game. that way the players could show ageing too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tried this too and it's amazing how accurate the generated faces are of real players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i know, you could say of course that a photo is more accurate but i think having a uiversal look of the players woulds be better, instead of some phots some facegen, and of course they can age, rather than people still looking 16 years old when they are 37 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The aging would be hard to simulate for real players though unlike regens.

i dunno i like it, i turn it off sometimes to speed up the game but the players having faces adds a little more depth, even if some of them are very similar, i have a facgen one, as i am only 18 i aged myslef and changed my hair and stuff to make me look the 36 years old i am in the game icon_wink.gif

I love facegen. Love it. For those of us with long-term games it's fantastic.

Hopefully they'll add facial hair and a wide selection of hairstyles in 09.

The lop sided afro, the ginger/blond emo-fringe and the ©Radiohead Hitler Hairdo are all far too prevalent.

VB

i know, you could say of course that a photo is more accurate but i think having a uiversal look of the players woulds be better, instead of some phots some facegen, and of course they can age, rather than people still looking 16 years old when they are 37 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, no one wants a team full of Ole Gunnar Solskjaers... icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 months later...

I have a strange problem with generated faces. They change from day to day, I guess they are different for every players every time I load the game... Is it a sign of something bad, like problems with the computer's memory and an upcoming crash? :)

I personally am not a big fan of the newgen face thing at the moment, as many people have said, it just isn't accurate and a lot of the players look the same, if it was properly done, then I would probably find some enjoyment from it, but to me, at the end of the day, it is superflous to the game anyways

Archived