No championship prize money?

Just noticed playing FM10 theres no prize money for the championship. I'm guessing this must be true to life as I cant believe this was missed after 3 patches and even the league rules show no prize money, yet every other english league has theres.

But it seems strange though. Is this the same as real life or a bug?

Just noticed playing FM10 theres no prize money for the championship. I'm guessing this must be true to life as I cant believe this was missed after 3 patches and even the league rules show no prize money, yet every other english league has theres.

But it seems strange though. Is this the same as real life or a bug?

In real life I seem to recall prize money only goes to teams not promoted.

In real life I seem to recall prize money only goes to teams not promoted.

Hmmm, could be. I won the championship so that would mean I got nothing.

I honestly have no idea. But if its true I suppose its fair enough. Once you are in the prem you get money thrown at you while those still in the championship need it more.

It kind of makes you think, it would be much better trying to go up through the playoffs than automatic, and get a few million in prize money. I wouldnt like to try on purpose tho.:)

What team were you? I know that recently relegated teams who are receiving parachute payments get no prize money for promotion.

Although, I think your right about FM10. I seem to remember that you get no prize money for winning the Championship with anyteam.

I'm charlton, but its like 2030. They were in league 1, just relagated the season before, then I got back to back promotions, so I'm sitting in the prem with -2mill in the bank, I payed 1.4 million in bonus for winning the league and got zero prize money. So now we only have a 115k wage budget. I was expecting about 3million in prize money.

I think I got prize money every other time I won a league, but now I'm not 100% sure. But I have noticed loads of clubs, especially in the championship are suffering finacialy. Theres always someone getting points deducted. Maybe not related.

Archived