Which teamtalk has positive effects before a match commence ?

I have always failed to choose a pre-match team talk having some sort of effect. ( whole team talk )

Have you ever succeeded on that ? Which one made the trick ?

I have never used both reluctant nor cautious

Thx

Team talk usually don't do much, especially when my team's morale is sky high.

I use individual to the Defenders, Midfielders and Striker, Assertive - "I think there is a lot to come from you..."

I mostly see green highlight with "looks motivated" and "looks happy" in 70% of the squad.

My Keeper usually doesn't react.

Yep I forgot that but they are relaxed and it's not logical to let them relaxed before a important official match.

Don't you agree ?

I do agree to an extent in that getting your players too relaxed could lead to complacency and them not playing to the best of their abilities but when used correctly it can be very effective.

For example I had a game recently with my Celtic team going up against Valencia away from home in the Europa league group stage. We were massive underdogs and I was expecting us to get thrashed. I told the team the pressure is off and we won 3-1.

It all depends on form, opposiition and the compitition really, thats what I go on. I used to think it didnt really do anything but a few games on FM12 I have been poor or getting beat in the first half to come out like a team possessed in the second half. I am agressive on some occasions when I really am pissed at how they are playing, yeah some players sulk but sometimes you get the reaction u need.

I do agree to an extent in that getting your players too relaxed could lead to complacency and them not playing to the best of their abilities but when used correctly it can be very effective.

For example I had a game recently with my Celtic team going up against Valencia away from home in the Europa league group stage. We were massive underdogs and I was expecting us to get thrashed. I told the team the pressure is off and we won 3-1.

This must be addressed IMO, I have never seen a team relaxing as it was a friendly before having a important match.

Relaxed as in you took some pressure off them. (Too much) pressure tends to bother players/people. I think it makes sense when you're the underdog and want to take some weight of your players' shoulders. Not so much if you're the favorite.

Relaxed as in you took some pressure off them. (Too much) pressure tends to bother players/people. I think it makes sense when you're the underdog and want to take some weight of your players' shoulders. Not so much if you're the favorite.

Too pressure ? They earn in a day what I earn in a year so if players can't tolerate the pressure I am going to fine them 2 weeks as often as I can.

Archived