Who Should I Let Set My Team Up, Staff Wise?

I'm not the best when it comes to tactics in football, therefore I've been letting my Assistant Manager set the team up for me and then I've been making individual tweaks here & there, instead of setting the team up from scratch.

I was just wondering which of my staff should be doing this, as it gives me a number of staff to choose from when I select "Ask to pick Entire Team". I was thinking that it's probably left down to the Assistant Manager, although he seems to have quite low Tactical Knowledge, whereas some of my other staff (coaches for example) have much higher Tactical Knowledge.

Would it be better for one of them to set my team up instead of my Assistant Manager, considering they have higher tactical knowledge, or should I just leave it to my Asst Mgr?

Thank you.

just make sure you have a damn good assistant manager especially with good attributes of Man Management, Tactical, Determination, Motivating & Tactical Knowledge. when searching the Assistant should have a stat of 15+ for all those. I am sure you know what your starting 11 would be right ? Im sure you know what a good player looks like according to his attributes right ?

I know which players to play and in which positions etc. The only thing I DON'T know how to do really, which I was hoping my Asst Mgr could help me with, is setting the players to things like Attack, Support, Deep Lying Forward, Advanced Forward, Advanced Playmaker etc etc.

Go to the player's profile, and click reports (like when you look at scout reports) and under "Positions" it will say what position and duty is best for that player according to his attributes.

That was actually something else I was wondering about. Should I go through all my 11 players and set them to the position/duty they're best at? I wasn't sure if this would work or not as I didn't know if the players would link together properly then. For example, for both of my strikers it says they play best as Attacking Trequartista, although the formation I'm using (4-3-1-2) suggests setting one of the strikers to Advanced Forward on attack with the other as Deep Lying Forward on Support.

Therefore, if I were to set them both to Attacking Trequartista, would it perhaps not work as well?

Thanks.

That was actually something else I was wondering about. Should I go through all my 11 players and set them to the position/duty they're best at? I wasn't sure if this would work or not as I didn't know if the players would link together properly then. For example, for both of my strikers it says they play best as Attacking Trequartista, although the formation I'm using (4-3-1-2) suggests setting one of the strikers to Advanced Forward on attack with the other as Deep Lying Forward on Support.

Therefore, if I were to set them both to Attacking Trequartista, would it perhaps not work as well?

That's where you really do have to do a little of the work yourself. In that example two Trequaristas isn't a standard formation. (it might still work but I wouldn't bet on it.) The normal way of thinking is that if you have two strikers one should be on 'Support' and one on 'Attack'. A Trequartista is a forward who drops back to somewhere between the standard striker position and midfield, so if you play two it will leave you with no-one leading the attack, so what I'd suggest is to have a look at how both your strikers would play as a 'Target Man' by setting them as such and seeing which of them has better high-lighted attributes, then making that one 'Target Man - Support' and leaving the other in his favourite position.

Both Trequartista and Advanced Forward don't come with 'Support' as an option so while playing an Advanced Forward and a Trequatista helps with having them too close together they will both be looking to score themself rather than creating chances for the other. Deep-Lying Forwards are very good for the Support role in general, but playing one Deep Lying Forward and one Trequatrista still leaves you with no-one up front: they're both trying to play in the same space.

Archived