Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he got a mrs & fell off the face of the earth.

He did. I think he also moved closer to Barnet due to personal reasons. He got engaged, then unengaged before getting back with the mrs that he got engaged to. Haven't spoke since.

Just found our old thread - Ronseal :cool:

Also, what happened to edgar? :(

edgar doesn't appear much. He doesn't even talk to me now either :(. Last time I asked him how life was he didn't want to talk about it :(.

We do need a new thread.

joe_the_man stopped being a student.

Pretty much this. :D

For some reason I've bought the new FM though, even though I know I'll have no time to play it. Working 60 hour weeks, having a proper relationship and trying to maintain a semblance of a social life means no time for gaming, especially not Football Manager haha.

I wish it were. For the extra hours I get given lieu days that I'm never going to be able to take. What do you do again SRL? I forget.

Well that's a pain in the arse :thdn:.

I'm a qualified teacher, but the school I work at (SEN school) is attached to a foster home and I mix my work up between teaching and caring. I also work in a pizza shop a couple of nights a week.

Only 6 of those hours are working though :D

You're probably being generous :p.

Nearly said, I thought you were a teacher. I'm sure it's quite a bit more rewarding than looking after golfers and spa ladies anyway. :thup:

Rewarding, stressful. Same thing I suppose :D.

It's not me being lazy, I just literally don't have anything to do.

I'm basically a pointless layer of management. If I wasn't here no one would notice. :D

But you take the money home and preach importance in the building :brock:.

Hello all. I've not been on here for a while but it seems the place has picked up again. I just had a look at the rangers (Glasgow variety) thread and it seems the usual idiocy has surfaced again. I can't comment too much as it appears the mod, Kriss, has deleted the idiocy before I saw it so I am just basing it on his comment no 17 in the Glasgow Rangers thread.

I really can’t understand people like this, I’m a Gers fan by the way. I work & live in Australia but born in Scotland, with a lot of expats, and one of my best friends at work is a Celtic supporter, & a Catholic, also born in Scotland. We get on brilliantly and often have a light hearted dig at each other over football. Does it really take moving to the opposite side of the world to get over prejudices?

No more football for at least a month for me, maybe 6-8 weeks :thdn:

30 seconds (yes literally) into my game yesterday, someone sent me a dodgey pass... as I turned to readjust, my foot stayed planted and my knee turned :( so frustrating. You can ride and take a clattering from big CB's going through you and what not, and be fine. A little turn from a dodgey pass and you're injured.

Fruit cake because my knee is stronger than yours? :D

Yeah my friend was out for 22 months, crutches for almost 18 months of that. Crazy! Also the young CB at our club found out yesterday he has to have an operation on his cruciates which is gutting for him, he is 17 and holds his own at step 5 of the football ladder. He will be brilliant when he is older if this injury doesn't affect him too much.